• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'll post mine tomorrow. I have yet to beat the Pennant Capture event, but the rest I've conquered quite handily. Tonight I think I set a record for getting 50 in the Snowball Throw event, though.

Edit- 80??? Mother of Clamperl!!

Metroid Killer said:
Damn! Not fair! Still waiting impatiently on a Sableye swarm.

I don't want my very last pokemon to be a Sableye either, so it's making me wait for the Lugia and Mewtwo hunt as well -_-
The sad thing is I'm getting Sableye swarms on a regular basis despite trading for a Sableye very early in the game, if I could trade swarms with you I would do...

Heh and it's so stupid that we wont just trade a fucking Sableye, but somehow there's satisfication from doing it yourself even though it's just based on random stuff... *shrugs*

Andrex said:
Edit- 80??? Mother of Clamperl!!
:lol

Has anyone ever thought of putting together a #GAFPoketrade IRC channel?

It's sort of hard to coordinate trades without a messenger and this way anyone could just hop on mibbit and sort things out and leave.

If you guys think this is a good idea I could go ahead and register one on Gamesurge, I've created a handful of irc channels in the past.

Finalow

SuperAngelo64 said:

It's sort of hard to coordinate trades without a messenger and this way anyone could just hop on mibbit and sort things out and leave.

If you guys think this is a good idea I could go ahead and register one on Gamesurge, I've created a handful of irc channels in the past.
yeah good idea, i will be there.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
question about sharing/trading:

My two kids both have the Japanese versions of soul silver/heart gold. Can they only trade online? They just want to trade between themselves, and I haven't set them up with wifi/internet access as they're only little, plus my router is WPA.

any options?

Finalow

mrklaw said:
question about sharing/trading:

My two kids both have the Japanese versions of soul silver/heart gold. Can they only trade online? They just want to trade between themselves, and I haven't set them up with wifi/internet access as they're only little, plus my router is WPA.

any options?
they can trade in local, not only online ;)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
SuperAngelo64 said:

I'd go for a general #Pokegaf channel (trading + battling + misc). I'd also prefer to coordinate things via chat instead of the forum when possible.

Sixfortyfive said:
I'd go for a general #Pokegaf channel (trading + battling + misc). I'd also prefer to coordinate things via chat instead of the forum when possible.

Alright, I'll get on it after this trade with Milchmonster. For some reason my Wi-Fi is acting up and it keeps booting me...

EDIT: This is ridiculous. I have no idea why this is happening. I just traded with Finalozzo like 10 minutes ago... maybe it had something to do with my Pearl cart :\

If you have 10 extra minutes I can trade the Mudkip over to my Silver game and see if that works better, but you seemed like you were in a hurry in your PM and I don't want to further inconvenience you.

Sorry, Angelo, seems like it doesn't want us to trade :(

I got that same error with another GAFer and it didn't work out hours later, too.

Anyone else that can hook me up with a mudkip?

Milchmonster said:
Sorry, Angelo, seems like it doesn't want us to trade :(

I got that same error with another GAFer and it didn't work out hours later, too.

Anyone else that can hook me up with a mudkip?

Let me try one more time. Add this code instead 1720 6261 3974.

SuperAngelo64 said:
If you have 10 extra minutes I can trade the Mudkip over to my Silver game and see if that works better, but you seemed like you were in a hurry in your PM and I don't want to further inconvenience you.
Oh, no, I have enough time right now. But you don't need to transfer it to your silver because that probably won't work either.

Maybe it's just my connection. As I said I tried everything with another guy (trading it to my Pearl, to his Diamond, etc.) and it didn't work. So, it's probably me, no idea what I can do with that, though. It just works with some people with others, it doesn't...

Edit:

okay, I'll be online in a minute. Thanks for all the efforts :)

Milchmonster said:
Oh, no, I have enough time right now. But you don't need to transfer it to your silver because that probably won't work either.

Maybe it's just my connection. As I said I tried everything with another guy (trading it to my Pearl, to his Diamond, etc.) and it didn't work. So, it's probably me, no idea what I can do with that, though. It just works with some people with others, it doesn't...

Edit:

okay, I'll be online in a minute. Thanks for all the efforts :)

Oh.

Well I already transfered it over to Silver :lol

EDIT: Well damn, I guess it just doesn't want us to trade.

Oh well.

I've got a spare Mudkip now if anyone else wants one!

And I'm working on registering the irc channel right now.

Alright, it's being looked over by the Gamesurge admins. The approximate time given until it will be up is 41 minutes.

Channel is #pokegaf

irc.gamesurge.net (port 7000 if you want to bother with that)

For those that don't want to download an IRC client:

Go to http://www.mibbit.com/chat/

IRC: Scroll down to GameSurge [webirc]
Nick: Whatever you want
Channel: #pokegaf
Click "Go"

Firestorm

SuperAngelo64 said:
Oh well.

I've got a spare Mudkip now if anyone else wants one!

And I'm working on registering the irc channel right now.

Alright, it's being looked over by the Gamesurge admins. The approximate time given until it will be up is 41 minutes.

Channel is #pokegaf

irc.gamesurge.net (port 7000 if you want to bother with that)

For those that don't want to download an IRC client:

Go to http://www.mibbit.com/chat/

IRC: Scroll down to GameSurge [webirc]
Nick: Whatever you want
Channel: #pokegaf
Click "Go"
Why not just use #gaf_wfc on irc.globalgamers.net?

Lone_Prodigy said:
+1 to waiting for a Sableye swarm. I put in a request on GTS though so we'll see what happens.
If you want a Sableye, myself and others here can give you one. I'd give Metroid one, but he wants everything without turning to trading.

Sagitario

Andrex said:
I'm cutting back on my dailies but am playing more simply because of the amount of stuff you can unlock there. I think the remaining goals are...

- Tackle 2000 times
- Jump 1000 times
- Two (three?) sets of data cards
- Switch 200 times
- Participate 50 times
- Dash 5000 times
- Win the Pokeathalon 100 times
- Beat each of the 10 events 50 times

So far I'm in the third room ("Potential" room) and am betting there are five of them.

Like?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sagitario said:

The list was the stuff. >.> You unlock more goals. And possibly even a room.

Don't really know what the rewards are (if they exist), just that I'm going to do it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
And with Blue's number, I have completed the gym leader phone number sidequest! :D

Wizpig said:
How do you unlock that item that lets you listen to the 8-bit versions of the songs in-game?

I believe you can get it after all 16 badges, although I don't remember if you need to face the Elite Four again.

Edit- Then you talk to the sound programmer on the second floor of the Celadon Condominiums.

Finalow

Andrex said:
The list was the stuff. >.> You unlock more goals. And possibly even a room.

Don't really know what the rewards are (if they exist), just that I'm going to do it.
are you sure that these goals are not invented? I have never heard of these.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
finalozzo said:
are you sure that these goals are not invented? I have never heard of these.

Eh? If you go into the basement you can see they have trophy areas for stuff like that, and two people on the ground floor are the 1000 jumps/2000 tackles guys. Unlocking the next room also requires some of those.

Put my hacked Garchomp on GTS and got a (cloned?) fateful encounter Salamence.

If anyone has a Kabuto or a Tamato Berry, I can trade a Wish Eevee, Aerodactyl, Houndour, Tyrogue, Skorupi, Lotad, and whatever else.

Also, I'm the only one in #gaf_wfc.

Firestorm

Lone_Prodigy said:

If anyone has a Kabuto or a Tamato Berry, I can trade a Wish Eevee, Aerodactyl, Houndour, Tyrogue, Skorupi, Lotad, and whatever else.

irc.globalgamers.net not gamesurge

I've got what you both need and I'll be available for trade(I can't trade on weekends since my work schedule is pretty wacky).
Lone_Prodigy said:

I've got both of those if you are still looking. I'd also love to get my hands on a skorupi and Tyrouge.
Little Green Yoda said:
Anybody have spare Reaper Cloth items to trade? I have any TM 1-50, Lucky Eggs, Soul Dews, and other 3rd gen goodies.

Willing to trade 2 for 1 as well. :D
I've got a spare one if you still need it. I'm in need of another Earthquake TM26 if you still got it.

Wizpig

Andrex said:
And with Blue's number, I have completed the gym leader phone number sidequest! :D

I believe you can get it after all 16 badges, although I don't remember if you need to face the Elite Four again.

Edit- Then you talk to the sound programmer on the second floor of the Celadon Condominiums.
Thanks.

Also goddamn, Arceus' sidequest is the most epic thing that happened to Pokémon since the discovery of Mew.
It's short but... ...

I still have my save there because I have a few questions, though.
Out of DPP, I have Pearl, so I have Palkia and Giratina... but is there any way to "transform" my Giratina (shitty form) in his real form?
Because if there's not, I think I will actually get ANOTHER Giratina from the subquest instead of Dialga.

OMG Aero

Wizpig said:
Thanks.

Also goddamn, Arceus' sidequest is the most epic thing that happened to Pokémon since the discovery of Mew.
It's short but... ...

I still have my save there because I have a few questions, though.
Out of DPP, I have Pearl, so I have Palkia and Giratina... but is there any way to "transform" my Giratina (shitty form) in his real form?
Because if there's not, I think I will actually get ANOTHER Giratina from the subquest instead of Dialga.
The only way to get Giratina in its Origin form in HGSS is through the Arceus event as you cannot trade the Griseous orb.

Wizpig

OMG Aero said:
The only way to get Giratina in its Origin form in HGSS is through the Arceus event as you cannot trade the Griseous orb.
Ok; if I get Giratina and trade myself Palkia, can someone here on GAF trade me a legit Dialga?

Pokédex only or actual trade, it's your choice...

Wizpig

Metroid Killer, I want to know how many hours you played in HGSS right now.:lol
I remember you had hundreds and that was like a month ago.

I'm about to go to Kanto for the first time, by the way; 50 hours.

698! Two more hours and I expect my cartridge to blow up!

Edit: Though I've slowed down a lot lately due to finals, but next wednesday I will be free again, and dwell into the game hardcore again :lol

Top Bottom