• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

finalozzo said:
uh, gimmick? o_O normal team :lol

omg, i'm not very strong, don't destroy me :(
Crap dinner's ready :(, will be back later, sorry. Also I not very great at competetive pokemon(I think), oh well we'll hopefully discover that later on if we are both online. Sorry again.

finalozzo said:
please no legendaries and no moves like doubleteam, sand attack etc. :p

There are standard clauses that most battlers follow.

Also, MK, are you still up for that Mudkip trade? Anything you want in return?

Wizpig

No legendaries is standard fair play and I still laugh at people with teams composed by 5 or 6 legendaries, but why no double team or sand attack? o_O
I mean, even if you face an opponent with those moves it's still easy to get the upper hand.

Also holy shit at 698 hours :lol

Wizpig said:
No legendaries is standard fair play and I still laugh at people with teams composed by 5 or 6 legendaries, but why no double team or sand attack? o_O
I mean, even if you face an opponent with those moves it's still easy to get the upper hand.

Um, Double Team can't be countered unless you force an opponent out/use never-miss moves.

OMG Aero

Wizpig said:

Using double team in battles is pretty much seen as a dick move by most players.

Finally got a Luvdisc swarm today! After many hours of stealing I now have 99 Heart Scales which should be more than I'll ever need for that scam artist in Blackthorn.

Metroid Killer said:
Done eating! Time for pokemon! Got a mudkip for you Pure. Want a specific item with it?

If you're gonna be generous, any item will be fine. Anything you want in return?

SS FC: 1334 0950 5927

Finalow

sobstitute + sword dance is a good combo. Then focus blast and megahorn suck... :(
megahorn 3 times consequently failed o_O, have you used some items like Bright Powder?
Anyway good battle, you are strong. :D

Great battle man! Lots of tense moments! Jeez my Houndoom was so close at killing your Rhyperior! (just a sliver left).

Edit: My Cacturne had bright powder, but not the Umbreon that survived 3 failed megahorns. I was pretty lucky there, with an Umbreon with no offensive moves and a paralized backup also vulnerable to megahorn, I needed exactly 3 turns to kill it off with Toxic. Phew!

Finalow

and i'm unlucky
asd.gif

Wizpig

Pureauthor said:
Um, Double Team can't be countered unless you force an opponent out/use never-miss moves.
Can't you switch your Pokémon?
It's not like they can Double Team for the whole match.

edit. oh, i'm stupid, for some reason i was thinking of double team like a move that weakens your opponent... yeah it's pretty much a terrible move :(

D-Pad

Wizpig said:
Can't you switch your Pokémon?
It's not like they can Double Team for the whole match.

Double team raises the user's evasiveness, it doesn't decrease the opponent's accuracy. So switching out your pokemon (assuming "your pokemon" is the one battling the pokemon using double team) won't do any good, because the opposing pokemon's evasiveness is still raised.

(That's what you were asking, right?)

Edit- Too late.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Metroid Killer said:
698! Two more hours and I expect my cartridge to blow up!

Edit: Though I've slowed down a lot lately due to finals, but next wednesday I will be free again, and dwell into the game hardcore again :lol

Curious, I wonder what you're done to jack up that time so much. I mean, you must pretty much have done practically everything in the single-player, right? I assume lots of time was spent at the Pokeathalon, Safari Zone, and Battle Frontier too. And you almot have a completed Pokedex right? I only have 362 atm...

Almost finished EV training all of my new pokes and I've got a serious itch for battle. I'm gonna go batshit insane when I start battling next week.:lol

Tiktaalik

I'm kinda stalled in this game because I've come up against a brick wall against Claire, the Dragon Gym boss. Her stuff is very high level and seems to tilt toward water type, but her Dragonairs also have Firetype moves. Unfortunately my only highish level Ice type is a Piloswine, which doesn't do well against water.

I suppose I'm going to have to level up my Seel to get Ice Beam but the thought of all that leveling has me not really playing the game any more. There doesn't seem to be a lot of good places for easily leveling up, which is what makes it annoying.

Tiktaalik said:
I'm kinda stalled in this game because I've come up against a brick wall against Claire, the Dragon Gym boss. Her stuff is very high level and seems to tilt toward water type, but her Dragonairs also have Firetype moves. Unfortunately my only highish level Ice type is a Piloswine, which doesn't do well against water.

I suppose I'm going to have to level up my Seel to get Ice Beam but the thought of all that leveling has me not really playing the game any more. There doesn't seem to be a lot of good places for easily leveling up, which is what makes it annoying.
If you have any Pokemon that could be considered "bulky" and mostly neutral against her attacks (such as Ampharos), use it against Clair. Pump it up with X Sp Defence items and her Kingdra can't touch you, plus it will run out of PP for attacks VERY quickly. As for the Dragonairs, even my Togetic could easily stall against them while taking off fair chunks of HP with Extrasensory, so they really aren't that strong.

Japan is hit with another Wifi event. The US is how many behind now?

We are still waiting for the 10th anniversary Mew, the Enigma Stone event, and this new Scizor event. I guess we aren't getting anything until the Winner's Path event ends on the 25th.

Firestorm

You guys should not be letting a Pokemon get off enough Double Teams to screw you over like that. There are few Pokemon that I would say can use DT effectively.
Tiktaalik said:

Give us your team + moves and we'll tell you what to do.

Tiktaalik

Azure Phoenix said:
If you have any Pokemon that could be considered "bulky" and mostly neutral against her attacks (such as Ampharos), use it against Clair. Pump it up with X Sp Defence items and her Kingdra can't touch you, plus it will run out of PP for attacks VERY quickly. As for the Dragonairs, even my Togetic could easily stall against them while taking off fair chunks of HP with Extrasensory, so they really aren't that strong.

I actually do have a Ampharos, but it might not be high level enough to last in the battle because even though it can do quad damage against the Gyrados and nails it in one hit, the Gyrados' sheer hitting power cuts the Ampharos' health down by over 2/3s.

In a bit I'll dig out my DS and have a look at what my possible team options could be.

Tiktaalik said:
I actually do have a Ampharos, but it might not be high level enough to last in the battle because even though it can do quad damage against the Gyrados and nails it in one hit, the Gyrados' sheer hitting power cuts the Ampharos' health down by over 2/3s.
Send out some really useless Pokemon when fighting one of the Dragonairs and use the turn before it faints to use a Hyper Potion on Ampharos. Once you've used 2 X Sp Defences your Ampharos will be taking very little damage from Kingdra as long as it isn't 10 levels lower or something silly.

If you are really worried then just buy a bunch of healing items and bulk Ampharos up with 2-3 X Sp Defences when fighting a Dragonair (since it won't hit as hard) and spam Discharge.

Little Green Yoda said:
Still up for an item swap? I'm available now if you are. Do you want 1 or 2 EQ TMs?
If you are available on Monday I'll gladly give you a reaper cloth for the EQ TM. I'd prefer two of those TM's, but I know that I'll probably need at least one of those reaper cloths for a mismagius in the future. Let me know if you are in need of any other items or TM's though.

see you on monday hopefully.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How do you get past the Seafoam Islands back to where route 19 is blocked off? I want to continue the game from there reach "Blaine" from that way and the route past Seafoam is blocked off. :/

You have to surf past cinnabar from Pallet town. To do that, you have to have already done the power plant quest thing. and woken up Snorlax.

SolarPowered said:
If you are available on Monday I'll gladly give you a reaper cloth for the EQ TM. I'd prefer two of those TM's, but I know that I'll probably need at least one of those reaper cloths for a mismagius in the future. Let me know if you are in need of any other items or TM's though.

see you on monday hopefully.

Sure Monday seems fine. I can give you 2 EQ TMs for the 1 Reaper Cloth since the Cloth is a rarer item.

Top Bottom