• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Finalow

Firestorm said:
As far as everything else, Togekiss can do the exact same thing to you with a higher SpAtk and SpDef stat.
yes it's true, and i have a togekiss in my shoddy team, but i've never done a thing like that.

I'm pretty new to this, but I head on the GTS to find me like.. some basic level one Charmander and people want 100 level Celebi? Am I missing something?

Wolves Evolve said:
I'm pretty new to this, but I head on the GTS to find me like.. some basic level one Charmander and people want 100 level Celebi? Am I missing something?

Welcome to the wackiness of the Internet. You're going to be better off finding Pokemon forums or dedicated Pokemon threads on forums and just asking around.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wolves Evolve said:

Just offer another starter or version exclusive and ask for a Charmander. You'll get it within a day.

Welcome to the wackiness of the Internet. You're going to be better off finding Pokemon forums or dedicated Pokemon threads on forums and just asking around.

Or; complain on NeoGaf and have someone PM you, to offer to send you one immediately. Apparently this works too.

Andrex said:
Just offer another starter or version exclusive and ask for a Charmander. You'll get it within a day.

I just tried this with another one I needed... cheers.

Just goes to show you: always complain and bitch, and good things come to you.

Firestorm

There were two DP tournaments. The first was successful, the second fizzled fast.
finalozzo said:
yes it's true, and i have a togekiss in my shoddy team, but i've never done a thing like that.
What type of Togekiss do you use? Mine was Thunder Wave or Body Slam / Air Slash / Roost / Encore or something I'm not sure. Basically set up to do what that Jirachi did to you. A lot of people run the same one.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
There were two DP tournaments. The first was successful, the second fizzled fast.

And one Platinum tourney too, right?

I just want us to strike while the iron is still at least lukewarm. :/ Especially since lots of people are getting hyped over B/W.

Masked Man

I said wow
Andrex said:
And one Platinum tourney too, right?

I just want us to strike while the iron is still at least lukewarm. :/ Especially since lots of people are getting hyped over B/W.

If worse comes to worse, we could do a prerelease tourney to celebrate the Japanese release of B/W, since I'm sure that I won't be the only person to import a copy. :D

I don't know what makes me go back to the Battle Hall again and again.

Just used 3-4 hours today and made no progress at all. It's pretty easy to breeze through the many battles with a choice banded Garchomp outraging all opponments away. But it seems like it's impossible to have luck on your side for all 170 battles: Focus scarf fuckers, defense wall fuckers, status fuckers. It seems impossible to avoid the ineviteble enemy that'll bring your down, making the Battle Hall into one big luck fuck!

:mad:

The worst thing is that after being angry at Battle Hall for a few days, I'll return and try again once more... It's torture I tell ya!!

Finalow

Firestorm said:
There were two DP tournaments. The first was successful, the second fizzled fast.What type of Togekiss do you use? Mine was Thunder Wave or Body Slam / Air Slash / Roost / Encore or something I'm not sure. Basically set up to do what that Jirachi did to you. A lot of people run the same one.
uhm mine with: roost - aura sphere - air slash - nasty plot.

Fewr

Wolves Evolve said:
I offered a skarmory for a bulbasaur, got it within the next couple of days, then used lv.1 bulbasaurs to get the other two starters.
Actually, skarmories have gotten me plenty of pokemon.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'd be up for another tournament, but not for organizing it. Not in the immediate future anyway. Gotta use my PKMN time to prep for VGC.

Metroid Killer said:

Just used 3-4 hours today and made no progress at all. It's pretty easy to breeze through the many battles with a choice banded Garchomp outraging all opponments away. But it seems like it's impossible to have luck on your side for all 170 battles: Focus scarf fuckers, defense wall fuckers, status fuckers. It seems impossible to avoid the ineviteble enemy that'll bring your down, making the Battle Hall into one big luck fuck!

The worst thing is that after being angry at Battle Hall for a few days, I'll return and try again once more... It's torture I tell ya!!
If the Battle Hall taught me one thing, it's to not rely on 95% accuracy. >_>

Sixfortyfive

Firestorm said:
or don't prepare and get 2nd like the case was in Newark!
I think most of my strategy is going to boil down to finding an ideal spot in line. :lol From what I've heard, you tend to play people next to you in the queue unless you call buddy rule on any of them.

Metroid Killer said:

This is basically me with the Battle Castle. Last time through I got screwed over by a Charge Beam Ampharos that kept raising its Spec Att while my Blissey got fully paralyzed for 3 straight turns. I was trying to Softboiled then it crit KO'd Blissey and the rest of my team got killed. :(

I've racked over 400 BP playing this thing. :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I can organize it if Firestorm or someone else isn't feeling up to it. I made a couple D/P and Smash tourneys back on G4's boards when they came out.

Should I recycle your Competitive thread or make a new one? Then you could just link to it.

Firestorm

Andrex said:
I can organize it if Firestorm or someone else isn't feeling up to it. I made a couple D/P and Smash tourneys back on G4's boards when they came out.

Should I recycle your Competitive thread or make a new one? Then you could just link to it.
I definitely don't have the time to dedicate to a tournament now so yeah I'm not doing it. Go ahead.

Sixfortyfive said:
I think most of my strategy is going to boil down to finding an ideal spot in line. :lol From what I've heard, you tend to play people next to you in the queue unless you call buddy rule on any of them.
Yep. Get there early, but stay in the middle of the queue rather than the beginning. The players dedicated enough to get there super early are probably better than the average person. You just don't want to not be able to compete due to them hitting the 768 cap.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Little Green Yoda said:
What kind of tournament is it going to be?

I'm trying to think of ways to integrate the GAF league while still allowing gym leaders to participate. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Firestorm

Sixfortyfive said:
That's the same weekend as the national championship.
I was looking at the Smogon LCQ attending list and there are about a dozen people I want to make top 16 and qualify for Nationals. There's no way in hell everyone is making it ;_;

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sixfortyfive said:
That's the same weekend as the national championship.

Huh. Sucks for those people then.

Just kidding. I dunno if a weekday would be better for people though...

fuck fuck fuck!!!! Lost in the 170th match at the Battle Hall... AGAIN

She absolutely had to use a Cloyster which took an outrage hit due to it's great defense and killed my Garchomp with Ice Beam. Why is it that she has to use a pokemon which beats Garchomp every single time I get to her.

Fucking hell man :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man, the dousing machine in Platinum sucks compared to HGSS's. Also, I'm pretty sure biking is a LOT smoother in HGSS than Platinum.

Still I love Platinum. <3 6th badge get.

Sixfortyfive

Andrex said:
Man, the dousing machine in Platinum sucks compared to HGSS's. Also, I'm pretty sure biking is a LOT smoother in HGSS than Platinum.

Still I love Platinum. <3 6th badge get.
Plat biking is better because of the gear shift.

HGSS itemfinder is better just because you can actually use it while walking, but it still incites left-handed rage.

Spent a long time EV training three Pokes in Attack and Speed, only to plug in their IV's later and cry.

Pinsir - #127 (Serious): 31 / 25 / 18 / 30 / 24 / 29
Bagon - #371 (Hasty): 23 / 21 / 4 / 31 / 18 / 28
Dratini - #147 (Adamant): 14 - 15 / 3 / 29 / 28 / 27 / 30

3 IV's in attack for Dratini, and 4 Defense IV's for Bagon. :(

HGSS itemfinder is annoying when you have to redeploy every time you get in a battle. "Okay two steps this way--Wild Magikarp appeared!"

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sixfortyfive said:
Plat biking is better because of the gear shift.

HGSS itemfinder is better just because you can actually use it while walking, but it still incites left-handed rage.

Gear shift is negated by auto-run which is almost as fast as third gear. Actual biking is about as fast as Platinum's fourth gear.

HGSS dousing machine also let's you know if there are items "off screen" through the different tone. Just a much better item all around, and I would be super-annoyed if B/W doesn't have one that's as good. :lol

Lone_Prodigy said:
Spent a long time EV training three Pokes in Attack and Speed, only to plug in their IV's later and cry.

Pinsir - #127 (Serious): 31 / 25 / 18 / 30 / 24 / 29
Bagon - #371 (Hasty): 23 / 21 / 4 / 31 / 18 / 28
Dratini - #147 (Adamant): 14 - 15 / 3 / 29 / 28 / 27 / 30

3 IV's in attack for Dratini, and 4 Defense IV's for Bagon.
I've just learned to settle for the most part. One of my pokemon who I had to breed moves onto came out with 6 attack IV, but I just decided it wasn't worth it to waste my time breeding.

If you structure the moves right then I wouldn't go too crazy especially with a bagon whose goal is to wipe the field...not to play the role of a wall.

Sixfortyfive

I am currently RNGing three entire teams for Indy. Possibly more if I'm indecisive about what I'll be using at game time.

Ugh....

Metroid Killer said:
I wonder how big a precentage of our playtime is tedious work compared to fun and giggles...
Right now it's massively in favor of tedious work, but that probably has to do with E3 that has slowed PoliGAF to a crawl lately.:lol

edit:
I meant pokegaf.

;_;

Axis

i'm in the process of beating platinum, finally...never beaten it. just diamond and pearl(yes, i realize they're basically identical)

Top Bottom