• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
MadraptorMan said:
Anyone got a "Pikachu-colored Pichu" they can trade to me?
No copy of D/P/P? You can get them over Wifi right now.

Is there a summery of what each of the event pokemon traded into HG/SS unlock in the game?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well me mate has confirmed he is getting Silver which lucky for me means I can be a winner once more and get Gold.

Luck is always on my side.

Drkirby said:

Is there a summery of what each of the event pokemon traded into HG/SS unlock in the game?

Jirachi unlocks edge of the night sky pokewalker course

Pikachu coloured pichu unlocks an event to get a spikey eared pichu

Groudon and kyogre on each game are event pokemon, if you have them both on the same game they unlock rayquazza.

Arceus unlocks an event to get a level 1 giratina with the griseous orb (only way to get it on HG/SS) or dialga and palkia with their orbs, you only get to choose 1

Shaymin unlocks the gracidea flower so you can get sky forme (needs to be the special ones from the events)

Think thats all of them.

Teknoman

Can you choose what battle theme to use in an online/wireless battle, or does it just use the Johto trainer battle music?

mrkgoo said:
What is a good place that I can read more about this remake? The first post doesn't have much useful info.

Serebii.net

Teknoman

Drkirby said:

Thanks for the reminder. I'll have an extra to trade someone else. Can you have more than one pichu on the same card? Say trade one from diamond to platinum.

i should have just drove to the nearest best buy. thought it would have sold out so i went to the one further from me. got there there was a big area full of the games. oh well. got the game. won't play it any time soon anyways. Lunar 2 has me occupied until GOW3.

Eteric Rice

So, is there a way to tell if your Pokemon have good or bad IVs in this game?

Not going to do the IV and EV thing yet, but just wondering if they made it any less of a PITA.

Eteric Rice said:
So, is there a way to tell if your Pokemon have good or bad IVs in this game?

Not going to do the IV and EV thing yet, but just wondering if they made it any less of a PITA.

Nope still a nightmare to work out your IV's

Will anyone be doing some kind of trade thread?

Fantasy Final said:
Whats up with the Wii interaction in this game? There's an option in the main menu but don't know what this is.

You can get messages sent to your Wii when your GTS trades go through, I think. That's if the GTS is even in this one, if not then IDK :lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
kyo_daikun said:
A note to Uk Gafer's, HMV are giving away a dsi/ ds lite case with Ho oh or lugia on depending on which game you buy, it also has a space for the pokewalker as well.
309651_001.JPG

Edit: Mine is ordered, look at that awesomeness!
Donno, looks kinda bulky and ugly to me, rather have GAME's figurine or pay a fiver less at Amazon.

Damn... for some reason I thought Falkner's Pidgeotto was level 9.

It totally destroyed me since my highest level Pokemon is 10. Looks like I'll have to grind a bit. First time I'll ever have to do that. Granted, I used to just raise one Pokemon, rather than 4-6.

I have the figures already, dont mind it being too big and it has Ho-oh on it so its anything but ugly :lol

On another note if anyone has an event Jirachi up for trade let me know what you want for it, im not sure if the Uk is going to get this event so best to just cover all the bases.

survivor

Banned
My Cyndaquil just evolved into a Quilava and I still haven't faced the first gym leader yet.

BTW there was a guy standing next to the gym and I think he was a parody of Yoda. His speech pattern is way too similar.

Animatik

Neo Member
My Cyndaquil just evolved into a Quilava and I still haven't faced the first gym leader yet.

BTW there was a guy standing next to the gym and I think he was a parody of Yoda. His speech pattern is way too similar.

My Cyndaquil involved a little too fast aswell, at the bellsprout tower, but am really digging the Quilava sprite though. Heading to the first gym now.

CoolS

kyo_daikun said:
Is it Wifi event? (So everyone can get it) Or is it Gamestop instore rubbish?

Wi-Fi Event, and according to Serebii.net it will also be for Europe since both regions run on the same server :)

CoolS said:
Wi-Fi Event, and according to Serebii.net it will also be for Europe since both regions run on the same server :)

Yeah just hunted for it, flying pikachu get!

Details of event:

Unlocks Yellow forest where you can find 6 different pikachu

Level 15 with Shuca berry (10000+ steps)
Attacks: Fly, thunder, growl and tail whip

Level 14 with lum berry (9500+ steps)
Attacks: Surf, thunderbolt, thunder wave and quick attack

Level 13 with leppa berry (2000+ steps)
Attacks: Flail, helping hand, shock wave and thunder wave

Level 12 with sitrus berry (5000+ steps)
Attacks: Volt tackle, fake out, thundershock and growl

Level 10 with tiny mushroom (0 steps)
Attacks: Thundershock, growl, tail whip and thunder

Level 10 with oran berry (0 steps)
Attacks: Thundershock, growl and tail whip

Unicorn

RoboManus said:
picked up heartgold today and im currently at sprout tower trying to catch a ghastly. Next im gonna check out that pokewalker!
Rockin' a gastly on my pokewalker right now at work. Hell be ready to be a haunter by the time I get home :D

survivor

Banned
Animatik said:
My Cyndaquil involved a little too fast aswell, at the bellsprout tower, but am really digging the Quilava sprite though. Heading to the first gym now.
Oh yeah, his sprite looks awesome.

BTW has it ever been revealed how many steps you need for 1 XP? I wanna use the PokeWalker but I will wait until I get back to school.

Unicorn said:
Rockin' a gastly on my pokewalker right now at work. Hell be ready to be a haunter by the time I get home :D

So sick! I have work tomorrow, and you bet this thing will be on my belt. I'll never be so happy to walk around and help people. :lol

Fumetsu said:
Do you think there will be an event in the US to get Arceus?

Come and gone im afraid, it was beginning of january I beleive.

They may still give out the azure flute item to get him but I dont think they even released it in japan... (they should tho as the event level 100's are stupid, I would like to actually ev train him nintendo)

ReiGun

Been playing about 90 minutes. Team so far is Spearow, Sentret, Weedle, and Chikorita. Trying to level them so I dont have to take Faulkner's crap when I get to him. Always hated fighting him as a kid.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I ended up placing two orders on Dell.ca for HG and SS because trying to order both together doesn't get the $8 saving on both of them. I'll be giving SS to my cousin's son for his birthday because I know he'll love it and I can steal all his good Pokemon. :D

I completely blame Firestorm for me buying these after all the posts he has made encouraging us to buy HG.

I also picked up the guide from Amazon.com since I had a $25 credit there that they gave me for canceling my Mega Man and Mega Man X Complete Works books even though they did ship the books to me. :D

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
ReiGun said:
Been playing about 90 minutes. Team so far is Spearow, Sentret, Weedle, and Chikorita. Trying to level them so I dont have to take Faulkner's crap when I get to him. Always hated fighting him as a kid.

Mareep is located just south of Violet City, and there's a house where you can trade Bellsprout for an Onix if you're desperate. Geodudes can also be found in a nearby cave.

Fuzzy said:
I ended up placing two orders on Dell.ca for HG and SS because trying to order both together doesn't get the $8 saving on both of them. I'll be giving SS to my cousin's son for his birthday because I know he'll love it and I can steal all his good Pokemon. :D

I completely blame Firestorm for me buying these after all the posts he has made encouraging us to buy HG.

I also picked up the guide from Amazon.com since I had a $25 credit there that they gave me for canceling my Mega Man and Mega Man X Complete Works books even though they did ship the books to me. :D
Yeah, you keep the superior version, GOLD.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
kyo_daikun said:
Yeah just hunted for it, flying pikachu get!

Details of event:

Unlocks Yellow forest where you can find 6 different pikachu

Level 15 with Shuca berry (10000+ steps)
Attacks: Fly, thunder, growl and tail whip

Level 14 with lum berry (9500+ steps)
Attacks: Surf, thunderbolt, thunder wave and quick attack

Level 13 with leppa berry (2000+ steps)
Attacks: Flail, helping hand, shock wave and thunder wave

Level 12 with sitrus berry (5000+ steps)
Attacks: Volt tackle, fake out, thundershock and growl

Level 10 with tiny mushroom (0 steps)
Attacks: Thundershock, growl, tail whip and thunder

Level 10 with oran berry (0 steps)
Attacks: Thundershock, growl and tail whip

It's such a shame that the Flying Pikachu won't have Volt Tackle, which would have made a humorous physical Raichu set possible at last.

Jeels

gold def has the better normal pokemon, but i will give silver the superior box art =[ its so sexy. not that gold's isnt.

celebi23

So, I kinda overslept (by a lot, still getting over being sick). Called GameStop to see when they were closing (figured the earliest would be 7/8pm, forgot it was Sunday) & they were just closing :lol Ah well, at least it gives me some time to fix my NWC connection problems. I can see someone in the lobby, invite them to trade (or vice-versa) and either I (or the other person) get's disconnected >_< I've reset my Modem, Wired Router, AirPort Extreme N router numerous times & no dice. I've even switch DSs (I have a launch DSPhat & figured I'd try my sister's DSLite) & there was no change >_<

EvilMario said:
It's such a shame that the Flying Pikachu won't have Volt Tackle, which would have made a humorous physical Raichu set possible at last.

Yeah bit lame, on the plus side i've just seen growlithe learns morning sun now giving arcanine a recovery move, very cool.

Hex

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
Come and gone im afraid, it was beginning of january I beleive.

They may still give out the azure flute item to get him but I dont think they even released it in japan... (they should tho as the event level 100's are stupid, I would like to actually ev train him nintendo)

Ah thanks for the heads up.

Aaron Strife said:
Ash Ketchum endorses Heart Gold

220px-Ash%27s_Primeape.png

245px-Ash_Gliscor.png

230px-Ash%27s_Donphan.png
I know I gave up on Pearl waaaay too soon after defeating the Elite 4 (weeks of nothing but transferring from Leaf Green and Emerald, breeding and berry harvesting got me down), but what in the hell are that bat thing and that noseless monstrosity?

Unicorn

EvilMario said:
What's this event about? How do I get it???

SlickVic

Amazon's making the decision on which version to get rather easy. Soul Silver is whopping $2.45 cheaper and assuming that price stays till I get my GoWIII credit, that is the version I'm getting.

Amazon makes life simple. :D

Delio

Welp up to Olivine now. Sporting a team of Aron,Teddiursa,Noctowl,Quilava,Flaffy and Staryu. Working just as i planned.

Top Bottom