• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gravijah said:
What level was he when you realized?
Well seeing as you catch them around level 5, I'd hazard a guess I got it to the 30s before I gave up on it. I didn't have a guide and I wasn't on the Internet much back then.
I always play Pokemon with the critters I like the look of and I thought the Unowns were awesome looking. Shame appearance is all they have going for them in their case.

Gravijah

BGBW said:
Well seeing as you catch them around level 5, I'd hazard a guess I got it to the 30s before I gave up on it. I didn't have a guide and I wasn't on the Internet much back then.
I always play Pokemon with the critters I like the look of and I thought the Unowns were awesome looking. Shame appearance is all they have going for them in their case.

Really? I hate those damn things. :lol Maybe it's from having to catch every letter.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gravijah said:
Really? I hate those damn things. :lol Maybe it's from having to catch every letter.
I was 13 at the time and it was one of the first truly odd new creatures you see in the game.

Gravijah

BGBW said:
I was 13 at the time and it was one of the first truly odd new creatures you see in the game.

Yeah, I also think I'm put off by the foreign nature of them. When I first played GSC, it was through an emulated half-translated version on the internet. It was really odd navigating through the games, and ever since then, GSC have felt quite "different" to me.

DarkWish

Schmitty said:
Come on Amazon! I am in pain waiting for this to arrive.
Me too! I'm in the same city as an Amazon warehouse and I paid one day shipping, but my order still says "shipping soon".

It's so disappointing to have gone to other stores yesterday and today and just see some copies sitting on the shelf... but I had Amazon credit so I went with Amazon. And I don't want to buy it and return the Amazon one cause I don't know how it's packaged with the figure and everything, and I want the figure.

Monroeski said:
When the pokemon goes up a level and "stops" gaining XP until you level it in game, do you still earn watts while walking?

Does this mean that you unlock more routes only with the Pokemon that you are taking on the walk (meaning you would need to unlock once each for every pokemon you walk with), or is a given route open to ALL Pokemon once unlocked with any one?
1. You ALWAYS get watts when moving the pokewalker. It doesn't matter if you are in the middle of the fight, or somewhere else in the pokewalker menu, every step gets regocnized and you'll always get the watts.

2. You unlock new courses that are open to all pokemon.

Mr.City said:
Do Pokemon get EVs from the pokewalker?
Nope. When a pokemon levels up in the Pokewalker it's the same as if giving it Rare Candy. However, they wont learn moves or evolve when leveling up via the Pokewalker.

Wizpig

Schmitty said:
Any word on what the next event will be? Just got Jirachi and Shiny Pichu today.
Jirachi?
I got it with Pokémon Channel, no event here.

I got a level 100 Arceus @ gamestop and the shiny Pichu online.

So I'm up to Goldenrod with the following team:

Lvl. 20 Croconaw
Lvl. 19 Pidgeotto (might replace with HootHoot lvl. 10 now)
Lvl. 20 Flaaffy
Lvl. 11 Heracross
Lvl. 8 Sandshrew (HM slave with Cut & Rock Smash)

Planning on picking up a Growlithe soon.

Heracross is so boss. I found this Headbutt tree in Azalea Town that 100% yields a wild Pokemon. I've been grinding my Heracross against other Heracross' and Spearow's for just 10 minutes now and he's already the above mentioned level. Every time he levels up he gains a +3 or +4 to his attack, too. His attack is near Pidgeotto and Croconaw already. Attack+ nature is certainly helping with that, I'm sure.

Heracross shall destroy Whitney. Can't wait.

Gravijah

Wizpig said:
Jirachi?
I got it with Pokémon Channel, no event here.

I got a level 100 Arceus @ gamestop and the shiny Pichu online.

Speaking of... Can I use someone elses event Arceus to unlock whatever in my game after they have already used it?

Gravijah said:
Speaking of... Can I use someone elses event Arceus to unlock whatever in my game after they have already used it?
Yup, and we defintely need an official Neogaf Whore Arceus. One that will circle among us and unlock the legendaries!

Actually in HG/SS you can use two different Arceus to get two legendaries. One is Hall of Origins and the other is a Fatefull Encounter Arceus. I have yet to get one though :(

survivor

Banned
Metroid Killer said:
Yup, and we defintely need an official Neogaf Whore Arceus. One that will circle among us and unlock the legendaries!

Actually in HG/SS you can use two different Arceus to get two legendaries. One is Hall of Origins and the other is a Fatefull Encounter Arceus. I have yet to get one though :(
I support this idea. We might also add a Whore Jirachi as well for Canadians and Europeans that couldn't get the event.

survivor said:
I support this idea. We might also add a Whore Jirachi as well for Canadians and Europeans that couldn't get the event.
The problem is that it takes one idiot to ruin this idea. (unless we somehow make it so that we always trade a valuable pokemon with the Arceus or something like that).

Edit: Especially with the Arceus(es). Imagine if everybody in here gets a taste of the two Arceus thus unlocking two of Dialga/Palkia/Giratina.

Schmitty said:
Come on Amazon! I am in pain waiting for this to arrive.
I feel you. I'm not getting my copy until tomorrow according to the tracking. Good thing it is spring break because I will be getting this and God of War 3 in the mail tomorrow.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
UPS just came in! Blurred by a Coca-Cola cup: Boxed Lugia Figure.
100_5184.jpg

Schmitty

Easystride said:
I feel you. I'm not getting my copy until tomorrow according to the tracking. Good thing it is spring break because I will be getting this and God of War 3 in the mail tomorrow.
I ordered my copy last night and Amazon still hasn't shipped it. I can only put so many hours into getting my Platinum team level 100.

ryan-ts

Damn, the new way of entering the Team Rocket controlled radio station is too cute.

Oh battery died...

so uh, whats everyone's favourite change from the originals to the remakes? I'm going with the fact that there is an actual working safari zone.

joelseph

ryan-ts said:
Damn, the new way of entering the Team Rocket controlled radio station is too cute.

Oh battery died...

so uh, whats everyone's favourite change from the originals to the remakes? I'm going with the fact that there is an actual working safari zone.

I loved helpful old man in Violet city "oh, you don't have the sneakers, I will go as slow as possible". or something close to that. The localization is great, the humor really shines through.

ryan-ts

isny said:
I must have missed this...? How do you enter it? lol

Having to dress up as a team rocket member. I enjoyed reading the comments from the team rocket members around the town after I had the new outfit on.

Salaadin

joelseph said:
I loved helpful old man in Violet city "oh, you don't have the sneakers, I will go as slow as possible". or something close to that. The localization is great, the humor really shines through.

I loved him too. "Heres my running shoes! Theyre still warm!":lol

Im sad. Im sitting here at work (in an office) with my Pokewalker. 2000 steps all day :( This stupid little thing is actually going to motivate me to walk more.

ryan-ts

So I'm reading through the safari zone stuff, seems like you can get a pretty stacked team after you complete both of the wardens tasks.

If you were to just fool around in the safari zone, you could make a team capable of whooping the Elite 4.

Metroid Killer said:
The problem is that it takes one idiot to ruin this idea. (unless we somehow make it so that we always trade a valuable pokemon with the Arceus or something like that).

Edit: Especially with the Arceus(es). Imagine if everybody in here gets a taste of the two Arceus thus unlocking two of Dialga/Palkia/Giratina.

Are you 100% sure on being able to unlock 2 of them? Really can't imagine Nintendo allowing it and they haven't released the Azure flute for the hall Arceus yet.

Gravijah said:
Eh? Details.
The game freezes more and more often the farther you get into the game until it reaches a point where you can't load a save file (according to GBATemp it's the fourth gym) and evidently there's no AR or patch that can fix it as it requires a card firmware update. :lol :lol :lol

I just remembered that the game came out yesterday so I bought it with one day shipping on amazon. I haven't even finished platinum completely yet and I'm already making plans for a new pokemon game.

I got gold last time, but I decided silver would be good for this time.:D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
DeathbyVolcano said:
How? I'm curious to know, because Nintendo always has such clever piracy tricks.
I am not seeing much at the moment, other the the standard "Doesn't work on card X, Y, and Z, works on A, B, and C", though it does seem to crash often, which isn't that amazing of an Anti piracy trick.

Now Capcom trick with the latest Battle Network game (Make it so you get into a random battle every step) is quite the funny trick, since you wouldn't know about it for 20 or 30 minutes in.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
silverbullet1080 said:
The game freezes more and more often the farther you get into the game until it reaches a point where you can't load a save file (according to GBATemp it's the fourth gym) and evidently there's no AR or patch that can fix it as it requires a card firmware update. :lol :lol :lol
Why would you pirate it anyways? You won't get the awesome PokeWalker pirating it! :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
InfiniteNine said:
Why would you pirate it anyways? You won't get the awesome PokeWalker pirating it! :lol
To be honest, I am surprised that alone isn't enough to make it not work, since I think the Poke Walker Communicates right with the DS card and not the system.

Drkirby said:
I am not seeing much at the moment, other the the standard "Doesn't work on card X, Y, and Z, works on A, B, and C", though it does seem to crash often, which isn't that amazing of an Anti piracy trick.

Now Capcom trick with the latest Battle Network game (Make it so you get into a random battle every step) is quite the funny trick, since you wouldn't know about it for 20 or 30 minutes in.
It works as far as I'm aware only on 1 or 2 cards, and even then it's not perfect. It's less about how the AP works that impresses me more than it's the fact there's no apparent fix as far as I'm aware.

Dogenzaka

Banned
I normally consider it blasphemy to name the main character anything but "Ash" and the rival anything but "Gary"

But I named my rival Yoshi this time. lol.

Finally beat Falkner.

The game is picking up...thank goodness. It's getting fun now.

I'm surprised by the Pokewalker! It's not just a cheap gimmick, it's actually useful!

Lkr

I forgot to take my pokewalker with me to school today. will be taking it tomorrow. i walk over a mile around campus easily on a daily basis.

i always give my rival a bad name, but it didn't fit this time :(

kyo_daikun said:
Are you 100% sure on being able to unlock 2 of them? Really can't imagine Nintendo allowing it and they haven't released the Azure flute for the hall Arceus yet.
I'm not 100% sure as I actually haven't looked that much into it yet. But I've seen other people confirm that you can use Two different Arceus to get 2 of the legendary dragons at serebii forums.

One was a fateful encounter(the one being distributed in Europe right now) and the other was some other Arceus(not the flute one).

Edit: Maybe the other Arceus is the movie 12 one?

EzLink

Banned
Just got to the Safari Zone, I love how you have unlimited steps.

I've never really done much in SZ in previous games though because its so frusterating. I mean, there isn't any rhyme or reason to throwing mud/bait right? You just randomly pick one to throw a couple times and start throwing balls, and hope the pokemon doesn't run away?

Dogenzaka

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
I named my female character Maria and the rival was a frownface icon

I didn't know you could do that to your rival. Lol!
I wanted to name my main character Badass but I thought against it for some reason.

Fewr

InfiniteNine said:
In addition to the copy I buy, I like to have the game in one of those cards so I can get the event pokemon that I wouldn't otherwise have access to.

Top Bottom