• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Salaadin

Are Murkrow/Honchrow good pokemon? Ive never trained them before.
I want a flying type for my 6th but Ive already trained Staryus, Pidgeys, and Togepis before so Id want something different.

Chorazin

Drkirby said:
Try Target, mine had a displayer filled to the brim with them. They are ready for the onslaught once word gets out :lol

My Best Buy had one of those right as you walked in the door. It was nice, stepped in the door, grabbed the game, walked to the checkout, walked out the store.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Chorazin said:
My Best Buy had one of those right as you walked in the door. It was nice, stepped in the door, grabbed the game, walked to the checkout, walked out the store.
Did they also have the little thing below it of "lesser" pokemon games to try and get you to nab one of them too. "Hey, Pokemon Ranger, and Mystery Dungeon, don't mind if I do"

joelseph

Salaadin said:
I want a flying type for my 6th but Ive already trained Staryus, Pidgeys, and Togepis before so Id want something different.

Good? It is a bird wearing a hat.
Yes.

Lkr

ok so im gonna ask this again. why does pidegotto have to suck so much? i want a good party, but im stuck with pidgeotto's crap

Unicorn

Lkr said:
where do i get a ditto?
grass above Goldenrod, just by the entrance of the National Park has them in there.

Found one this morning and was surprised to see it there. Same grass also has Yanma (which I remembered as a kid, hence why I was poking around there[along with the nidorans])

Gravijah

Lkr said:
ok so im gonna ask this again. why does pidegotto have to suck so much? i want a good party, but im stuck with pidgeotto's crap

I'm currently trying to figure out who to toss Pidgeotto for too. I need someone capable of learning Fly... I was GOING to try for Dratini (Dragonite can learn Fly), but I'd probably shoot myself playing Voltorb Flip.

Lkr

Gravijah said:
I'm currently trying to figure out who to toss Pidgeotto for too. I need someone capable of learning Fly... I was GOING to try for Dratini (Dragonite can learn Fly), but I'd probably shoot myself playing Voltorb Flip.
yeah, voltorb flip sucks ass

Jokey665

Lkr said:
It's not so bad. I can get 500~ coins in just a few minutes, so I can't really complain. Granted, I could get coins faster playing slots because I had the timing for the Jackpot memorized, but...

Gravijah

Lkr said:

It makes me very, very angry but when I start playing it I can't stop. In case you're curious http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fly#By_HM02_4 there's a list of all the Pokemon who can learn Fly through HM.

Jokey665 said:
It's not so bad. I can get 500~ coins in just a few minutes, so I can't really complain. Granted, I could get coins faster playing slots because I had the timing for the Jackpot memorized, but...

Tips, please.

WEGGLES

Salaadin said:
It's a fuckin pimp bird, who cares if it's good.:lol

(Anyone wanna trade me a honchcrow? :p)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Salaadin said:

You'll be stuck with Murkrow for a while (until you find a Dark Stone), but Murkrow is a very good Pokemon itself. Both Murkrow and Honch have good Attack and Special attacking allowing them to utilize a number of moves by level up, or TM. As one of the few dark Pokemon you can obtain early on, I recommend raising it!

JSnake said:
Urgh. Leveling Gastly is really tough when you only have Lick. Can anyone conjure up a Shadow Ball TM for me?

You're probably way to early for this, but Sludge Bomb is found at Lake of Rage
after outing Team Rocket
. If you can afford Thunderbolt from the Goldenrod department store, that will help out too
But it's incredibly expensive early on.

I could trade you a Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, or Thunderbolt when I get home.

Gravijah

Lkr said:
I don't even understand how to win Voltorb flip. I always hit a Voltorb no matter what

I did that the first 5 times in a row, it made me so angry :lol If you look at the numbers to the right and on the bottom, they tell you how many Voltorbs are in the row, and how many total coins there are in the row.

Jokey665

Gravijah said:
Tips, please.
There's only two real 'strategies' or whatever that I know of.

1. Flip over any rows/columns with 0 voltorbs. Pretty simple.
2. Mark off all rows/columns where coins+voltorbs=5 because there are no x2 or x3 tiles there.

Beyond that, I don't really have any tips; it feels like it just gets easier by playing it more.

Gravijah

Jokey665 said:

2. Mark off all rows/columns where coins+voltorbs=5 because there are no x2 or x3 tiles there.

Beyond that, I don't really have any tips; it feels like it just gets easier by playing it more.

Yeah, I've got both of those down... I guess I just need to play it more and more. Thanks.

JSnake said:
Night Shade only deals damage equal to the opponent's level.

It actually works pretty well most of the time... Sigh.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No one answered before, can recorded be mixed over Wifi now? If so, we really should make a Neogaf club and see what the hell the club thing even does.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My Superior Silver copy should arrive in the mail today from Amazon, I'm pissed it dropped in price by a dollar though after it was released :lol

Hex

Banned
Just starting out past "Mr Pokemon"''s house, my current team is :
Totodyle
Kangaskhan
Nidoran
Pidgey
HootHoot
Ratatat

I do love the Pokewalker

Sora_N

Okay decided to buy this tomorrow Pokewalker sounds good. I'll pick this up when I hopefully get Resonance of Fate tomorrow. :lol Haven't played DS in years.

Salaadin

survivor said:
Hope you take good care of Bidoof. He is really powerful when you show him love and compassion.

oibrzq.jpg

nli10

Jokey665 said:

Wait?! Is Voltorb Flip a kiddie version of Picross?!! If so i'll have lots of coins!

Jokey665

nli10 said:
Wait?! Is Voltorb Flip a kiddie version of Picross?!! If so i'll have lots of coins!
Dunno, never played Picross. It feels vaguely similar to Minesweeper though, even though it's really not much like Minesweeper at all.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
survivor said:
Nintendo predicts you will reach Kanto in 2 weeks so why bother release the guide now.

Don't you mean 6 weeks? The Kanto guide doesn't come out till like April 28. I bet the pokedex in the first guide is the gimped one as well.

EvilMario said:
If you can afford Thunderbolt from the Goldenrod department store, that will help out too
But it's incredibly expensive early on.
Pretty sure that's actually a Thunder the store sells. Thunderbolt you get from the Battle Frontier.

survivor

Banned
Trojita said:
Don't you mean 6 weeks? The Kanto guide doesn't come out till like April 28. I bet the pokedex in the first guide is the gimped one as well.
What the hell? The thing has a release date? I thought Nintendo just didn't mention one just to trick people into thinking the current guide has both regions.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Pretty sure that's actually a Thunder the store sells. Thunderbolt you get from the Battle Frontier.

Yes, you're correct. What I meant was the Game Corner sells the Thunderbolt TM, but it's quite costly. Unless they've removed TM purchasing along with the slots, I don't know because I haven't checked it out.

Top Bottom