• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

bluemax

Banned
Trojita said:
My Superior Silver copy should arrive in the mail today from Amazon, I'm pissed it dropped in price by a dollar though after it was released :lol
Sonofabitch it did! Those bastards.

larvi

They're Here. I just got my games from Amazon in 2 days, not too shabby considering I used free super saver shipping. I got silver for myself and my daughters can fight over which one they want. I'll eventually pick up gold myself when I can find a deal, silver was a few bucks cheaper on Amazon so that's why I got 2 of those. Pokemon gold and silver were the 1st Pokemon games I bought for them about 10 years ago for a vacation to Key West so it will be nostalgic for them as well.

DSCN9130e.JPG

Can I trade pokemon from my Diamond/Pearl/Platinum as soon as I get the pokedex or do I need to wait until I get the national dex? I would like to use a shiny larvitar that I got on my Platinum using the RNG exploit.

Edit: Pirata, mine were the software only version from Amazon and they have the pokewalker

pirata

survivor said:
The game case has the Pokewalker, so it should have it. I guess by software only, they mean no figurine?

Do it comes in the case? Ah, I thought it came in a fat box with the case and the walker. Thanks! Oh, and how much does it cost to buy in a normal store?

EDIT: I guess it costs forty smackaroos. That's quite some savings!

survivor

Banned
pirata said:
Do it comes in the case? Ah, I thought it came in a fat box with the case and the walker. Thanks! Oh, and how much does it cost to buy in a normal store?
What I meant is, in the fat game box, you get the game case and the Pokewalker. I really doubt Amazon will open up the game boxes just to take out the Pokewalker. Also if you look, both 'Software Only' and 'Limited Edition' cost the same.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
larvi said:
Can I trade pokemon from my Diamond/Pearl/Platinum as soon as I get the pokedex or do I need to wait until I get the national dex? I would like to use a shiny larvitar that I got on my Platinum using the RNG exploit.

You can trade right away, right at the first town (although you have to receive the Pokedex from Oak first I believe), about twenty minutes in.

larvi

EvilMario said:
You can trade right away, right at the first down (although you have to receive the Pokedex from Oak first I believe), about twenty minutes in.

Good deal, thanks for the info.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Why is it so hard to find a legit set of Stylus pens to replace the ones that came with my Lite that I lost? Is Hori the official seller of Nintendo DS accessories? Can't find a legit set to order straight from Amazon.

Is there a place in Gold I can find Growlithe with a high percentage?

Also, disappointed about the lack of Kangaskhan and Pinsir in the Safari Zone. And I looked for quite a while. :( My two favorite safari pokemon from the original.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Trojita said:
Why is it so hard to find a legit set of Stylus pens to replace the ones that came with my Lite that I lost? Is Hori the official seller of Nintendo DS accessories? Can't find a legit set to order straight from Amazon.

Play-Asia has a huge list, and Hori ones included. I'm pretty sure Hori is not the 'official' maker of in-box styli though.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-ic-49-en.html

Gravijah said:
Ahh crap I think I have to go to Pewter City to revive fossils. Boo!

Indeed, I saw your post before, but didn't respond, sorry! What fossil did you manage to find so early? If you have another game, trade it and hatch it there. Then trading it back, it will grow quickly with the bonus exp.

Teknoman

Damn UPS. They put down I wasnt at home for the delivery even though i've been here all day. No infonotice note left either. Waiting on a call back from the local distribution center...better deliver my stuff today...They always pull this crap.

Didnt end up getting free next day air delivery for nothing.

Bentendo

red shoe paul said:
Uh so I'm at Route 36, how do I get that Pokemon to move with water?

Beat the gym leader at Goldenrod City, go outside of the gym and next to it is a flower shop. Go in and she'll give you the SquirtBottle. Use that on the Sudowoodo and he'll battle you. Either catch him or KO him. After that, he won't be there anymore.

Gravijah

EvilMario said:
Play-Asia has a huge list, and Hori ones included. I'm pretty sure Hori is not the 'official' maker of in-box styli though.

Indeed, I saw your post before, but didn't respond, sorry! What fossil did you manage to find so early? If you have another game, trade it and hatch it there. Then trading it back, it will grow quickly with the bonus exp.

Oh, I haven't found any yet, I was just doing some research into new Pokemon and I was eying Aerodactyl. He'll have to wait! I do have one on Platinum, but I'm stuck with only one DS at the moment, and part of me is liking only using the Pokemon I come across in game.

Eteric Rice

Quick question.

Okay, so as a kid, my friend was a Pokemon nut and memorized all the shit at the school in Pokemon Stadium 2. He knows a bunch of the strategies, mechanics, etc.

In a month or two, when we've finished the game, we're going to battle each other. He says he's going to stomp on me.

I do not want this to happen.

Where can I find guides and what not to turn me into a knowledgeable Pokefan? I've forgotten most things (It's been a long time since I played Pokemon seriously). I need strategies, guides, etc.

I want to be a master. I want to stomp HIM.

Bentendo said:
Beat the gym leader at Goldenrod City, go outside of the gym and next to it is a flower shop. Go in and she'll give you the SquirtBottle. Use that on the Sudowoodo and he'll battle you. Either catch him or KO him. After that, he won't be there anymore.

Damnit, I was in that flower shop but didn't talk to anybody. :lol

Magni

Still waiting for my games to ship from P-A
France
. Gonna ask again for a Growlithe/Arcanine, any Nature/IVs/Gender, I don't care. I don't have much to trade for it, a 31-Speed Abra Lvl 1 :lol

Bentendo

Eteric Rice said:
Quick question.

Okay, so as a kid, my friend was a Pokemon nut and memorized all the shit at the school in Pokemon Stadium 2. He knows a bunch of the strategies, mechanics, etc.

In a month or two, when we've finished the game, we're going to battle each other. He says he's going to stomp on me.

Where can I find guides and what not to turn me into a knowledgeable Pokefan? I've forgotten most things (It's been a long time since I played Pokemon seriously). I need strategies, guides, etc.

I think the best place to go to is Smogon.com. They have REALLY in-depth strategies on all of the Pokémon in the games. Really informative. Also check out the forum on the site to get even more info.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Eteric Rice said:
Quick question.

It depends on what level he is, really. Someone who is 'very good' at Stadium, might not play similarly to a Smogon battler. Learn to EV train if you want a clear advantage (if he doesn't), and pick a team that has good synergy and a strategy. (ie, I want my AgilitySubPetrya Empoleon to sweep, so I provide him with Toxic Spikes Support from Roserade, who also deals with Vaporeon and other waters, as well as Tyranitar support to wear down other Pokemon with Sand Stream. I pair him with Rotom as well, because Rotom is immune to Fighting and Ground, both which Emopleon is weak to. In return Empoleon resist Dark, and Ghost which Rotom greatly fears.)

Give it a go on a simulator like Shoddybattle, and you can have a feel about what works and what doesn't, before you spend many an hour breeding.

Annnnnd, if it's anything goes, just use Choice Scarf Kyogre and Water Spout him to death until he pulls out something that isn't 2HKO.
Not a lot
:lol

Unicorn

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Oh man, it costs $9.95 to get another Pokewalker w/clip from Nintendo's support site. Now it's easier to let go of that dream of having 6 Pokewalkers on my belt. :lol
This is amazing. I'm more tempted than I should be.

Can you register more than one pokewalker to a game/ds?

Salaadin

I wonder if this whole Pokewalker thing is going to stick around for future games. I love the idea of it and how I can kinda play Pokemon while Im at work. Id love to see an even better fleshed out Pokewalker. Id even pay extra for it.

Salaadin said:
I wonder if this whole Pokewalker thing is going to stick around for future games. I love the idea of it and how I can kinda play Pokemon while Im at work. Id love to see an even better fleshed out Pokewalker. Id even pay extra for it.
I really hope so. Walking around on routes on the Walker would be awesome. The next level I guess is to have something similar to the Johto Safari Zone mode in the next Walker(if there'll be one).

Wiseblade

EvilMario said:
Annnnnd, if it's anything goes, just use Choice Scarf Kyogre and Water Spout him to death until he pulls out something that isn't 2HKO.
Not a lot
:lol
You really fit your username sometimes.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
EvilMario said:

larvi said:

Thanks for the information. I've been using the Prinny Stylus with my DS but that thing is too huge to lug around :D ....... plus I don't think the pen end is very safe for the screen.

I've had a problem with my DS Lite for a long time and never addressed it, I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. My DS Lite's right shoulder button is always hard to press down and click, it's stuck on the down position almost as though a spring wasn't working. Every now and then it will kind of act like it is supposed to...... but then goes back to being terrible again. I'm considering getting the DSi but the price and battery life is off putting. The DSi XL looks too big and heavy for a portable device.

Magni

Back to Platinum discussion for a bit.. how come Mean Look and Shadow Tag don't work on the roamers for me? They've fled a dozen times from me despite having Wobuffet or having used Mean Look..

Bentendo

Is anyone annoyed by all of these phone calls? You get them almost constantly and what the people say helps in no way. I actually had a person call me and tell me it was a wrong number. :lol

Is there anyway to turn off the unimportant phone calls?

Gravijah

Bentendo said:
Is anyone annoyed by all of these phone calls? You get them almost constantly and what the people say helps in no way. I actually had a person call me and tell me it was a wrong number. :lol

You know what's sad? I hate when I miss a call, even though I know it's going to be bullshit.

Teknoman

Bentendo said:

So pokemon is leaning towards realism now.

Salaadin

Bentendo said:

Hey? Remember my Rattata? I think my Rattata is special. I think hes in the top percentage of Rattata. Bye.

Balb

Bentendo said:

I don't accept anyone's phone number, so that's a decent solution. The phone stuff was painful in the original versions.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Salaadin said:
Hey? Remember my Rattata? I think my Rattata is special. I think hes in the top percentage of Rattata. Bye.
He is letting you know his Rattata has 31 in all IVs, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Chorazin

Trojita said:
I've had a problem with my DS Lite for a long time and never addressed it, I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. My DS Lite's right shoulder button is always hard to press down and click, it's stuck on the down position almost as though a spring wasn't working. Every now and then it will kind of act like it is supposed to...... but then goes back to being terrible again. I'm considering getting the DSi but the price and battery life is off putting. The DSi XL looks too big and heavy for a portable device.

Call Nintendo, from what I hear they'll offer to sell you a refurb for $85 even though you're out of warrenty.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
MagniHarvald said:
Back to Platinum discussion for a bit.. how come Mean Look and Shadow Tag don't work on the roamers for me? They've fled a dozen times from me despite having Wobuffet or having used Mean Look..
Your Pokemon has to be faster than the roamer in order to use Mean Look before it escapes.

Bentendo said:
I am so angry that they ditched the Vs Seeker and brought back that shitty Pokegear/Pokenav. So angry. (Well not that angry, but you know.)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
EvilMario said:
There's no current Celebi event going on, so nope. You can probably ask around, and someone will clone you one however.
Maybe. It was one of the numbers I pulled on my random lot for which Pokemon to try and train for the tournament. Maybe I'll just have some breading fun and won't use any legendaries at all.

Salaadin

Chorazin said:
Call Nintendo, from what I hear they'll offer to sell you a refurb for $85 even though you're out of warrenty.

When my DS lite hinge broke out of warranty, they offered me a refurb for a decent price. I dont remember what the exact price was but it was still cheaper than a used or refurb at Gamestop.

Wiseblade

Sixfortyfive said:
I am so angry that they ditched the Vs Seeker and brought back that shitty Pokegear/Pokenav. So angry. (Well not that angry, but you know.)
I'd de more angry about the fact the Magikarp fisherman can only be battled one day a week and you have to fight him 3 times before he has a full team.

Gravijah

Sixfortyfive said:
Your Pokemon has to be faster than the roamer in order to use Mean Look before it escapes.

:( So, no easy way to re-battle trainers huh?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That reminds me, I still have to get the L and R on my original DS fixed. Hopfully the warranty hasn't relapsed since the last repair.

Top Bottom