• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

pirata said:
Will it ever die?

The guidebook says the battery lasts about 4 months if you use it 30 minutes each day. They tell you the type of battery though so you can easily replace it.

Right in front of Chuck and ready to battle.

My team thus far:

Weepinbell - 23
Furret -23
Doduo - 24
Flaffy - 25
Hypno - 26
Quilava 24

I think I'm going to grind a bit after I beat Chuck. I want all of them to be near level 30 by the time I fight Jasmine.

AHAHAHAHAHA... My Furret defeated his Primeape! Foresight negated his Double Team tactic, and I just kept Headbutting him out of Focus Punch. Too bad I'll have to delete Foresight at some point to make room for HM's. It's been a real life saver.

Furret defeated his Poliwrath too thanks to some Paralysis. They really made Chuck a pushover.

isny

napkin dispenser
ryan-ts said:
Only if you stop loving your Pokemon.

Yes, but you can easily remove the back with a normal screwdriver and replace it with a cheap battery from a discount store.

Lkr

sorry gravijah, i won't be able to do it tonight. if you find someone else willing to help, please do it with them. hope i didn't let you down :(

isny

napkin dispenser
Lkr said:
sorry gravijah, i won't be able to do it tonight. if you find someone else willing to help, please do it with them. hope i didn't let you down :(

I can hop on at 7 EST if you want to do it then.

Just PM me.

Hex

Banned
Does anyone have an extra of the event Pichu or Jirachi?
I figured that I will check, my gfs son only had ruby and could not get them and now he has Soul Silver.

ampere

So... I just got my copy of
Superior
Silver and I am loving the way the made the menu all touchable. And the 3D Lugia animation at the title screen is awesome :D

Gravijah

isny said:
I was saying I would help you at 7 if you want, I know I quoted him, but figured you'd get what I meant, lol

Sorry, I'm gonna wait on transferring my Pichu for now, thank you for the offer. But tell me if you need anything!

Edit: Moreso I don't feel like messing with it right now. :lol

ciaossu said:
Superior
Silver and I am loving the way the made the menu all touchable. And the 3D Lugia animation at the title screen is awesome :D

I just appreciate that the scream isn't as shrill as Giratina on Platinum. >_<

thefil

ciaossu said:
Superior

The menu is so close to being perfect. They need to ditch some old conventions (like the whole deposit/withdraw on Bill's PC in addition to Move) and make everything drag/droppable. I want to switch my party order without going through menus.

*edit* Is there any way to check type weaknesses/strengths in-game?

nli10

EzLink said:
I racked up 11,000 steps (legitimately) on the pokewalker today! Badass

Wish I could transfer my 1.5 Million steps off walk with me onto the pokemon :lol all legit too.

They say about 200 days walking to get everything on the PokeWalker without gifts & spending - can't see that being a problem.

survivor

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
So NAL are advertising the PCP WiFi event here in Australia. Is it possible to download it directly onto HGSS?
Are you talking about the Pichu event? It's only compatible with D/P/Pt according to Serebii. So it shouldn't work.

AIRic

If I never played a Pokemon game and have a DS, is one of this game a good start? Do I have to play the first DS games?

Gravijah

AIRic said:
If I never played a Pokemon game and have a DS, is one of this game a good start? Do I have to play the first DS games?

You could start with one of these games or go with Platinum. If you ever are going to ONLY play one, get one of these.

ivysaur12 said:
Is the most a Pokemon can gain from the Pokewalker just one level?

Per trip yes, sadly.

AIRic said:

No need to play the other games and yes, this would make a perfect game to start on.

EDIT: Beaten.

Sora_N

Joining the party guys...my first Pokemon game since the original Silver (I pirated and beat Diamond, but didn't like it...). I tried a bit of the rom and decided I really like the Pokewalker and the new interface so bought it, since I actually have a job now.

I can play some Pokemon during study breaks now. :lol

nli10

Gravijah said:
Per trip yes, sadly.

Can you tell when they have levelled & quickly flip the pokemon (using the DS which is carried in sleep mode) so that they can start on the next level?

I'm planning on raising them on walks of around 4,000 steps so want to get multiple levels to start with.

Sora_N said:
Also when am I able to use the Walker?

As soon as you have an extra Pokemon caught and put one of them in the PC.

Gravijah

nli10 said:
Can you tell when they have levelled & quickly flip the pokemon (using the DS which is carried in sleep mode) so that they can start on the next level?

I'm planning on raising them on walks of around 4,000 steps so want to get multiple levels to start with.

As soon as you have an extra Pokemon caught and put one of them in the PC.

I haven't used the walker a ton so I'm not sure but I think it tells you when they level up. It's pretty easy to "flip" the Pokemon, though, from what I've used.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sora_N said:
Joining the party guys...my first Pokemon game since the original Silver (I pirated and beat Diamond, but didn't like it...). I tried a bit of the rom and decided I really like the Pokewalker and the new interface so bought it, since I actually have a job now.

So you played through Diamond and then decided you didn't like it? Obviously your not liking it was enough justification to not pay for the game. Definitely.

ampere

Sora_N said:
Joining the party guys...my first Pokemon game since the original Silver (I ###### and beat Diamond, but didn't like it...). I tried a bit of the #### and decided I really like the Pokewalker and the new interface so bought it, since I actually have a job now.

You should edit your post, just a heads up.

nli10

Gravijah said:
I haven't used the walker a ton so I'm not sure but I think it tells you when they level up. It's pretty easy to "flip" the Pokemon, though, from what I've used.

Cheers - will report back when it actually ships for the UK :)

ivysaur12

Banned
Sora_N said:

Ahh... to be young and naive.

Sora_N

ciaossu said:
You should edit your post, just a heads up.

I would but I don't have the option to (PM'd admins but never got a response). Ah well, this day can just get worse. Shouldn't have posted that I suppose.

ivysaur12

Banned
Anyone have an extra Abra they don't mind giving away? I'm getting really annoyed trying to find one in the grass...

Also, how does one get their own friend code? And how do you add other friend codes?

Gravijah

ivysaur12 said:
Anyone have an extra Abra they don't mind giving away? I'm getting really annoyed trying to find one in the grass...

Also, how does one get their own friend code? And how do you add other friend codes?

Go downstairs in any Pokemon Center and talk to one of the people there, you'll get a Pal Pad. You can see your friend code in there, and add people that way.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Sora_N said:
I would but I don't have the option to (PM'd admins but never got a response). Ah well, this day can just get worse. Shouldn't have posted that I suppose.
Try PMing them with a link to that post, I'm sure they'll edit it out for you.

Sora_N said:
Uh, yeah you can. Just under your username next to your posts there's links to

Reply | Quote | Edit/Delete

You should be able to do so from there (be warned, however, that mods can read your edits).

survivor

Banned
ivysaur12 said:

Go downstairs at one of the Pokemon Centers. If it's your first time, one of the ladies will talk to you and give you the Pal Pad. Then go to the one int he middle and head to WiFi to get your Friend Code which can be checked by opening your Pal Pad.

isny

napkin dispenser
ivysaur12 said:

Sure, I have a ton of coins and no use for them. Just PM me with your FC.

Sora_N

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Uh, yeah you can. Just under your username next to your posts there's links to

Reply | Quote | Edit/Delete

You should be able to do so from there (be warned, however, that mods can read your edits).

That button doesn't exist for me, not kidding. But thanks and sorry. I PM'd the admins.

Going to leave the thread now. Sorry guys.

kzn

Neo Member
does this hoenn sound thing work pre nat dex, serebii is confusing me >.>

also do I have to go back to radio and set it to the station after ever battle?

RyanDG

Here's a dumb question - but if the Pokewalker dies and your pokemon is transferred over there - what happens to your pokemon?

Gravijah

RyanDG said:
Here's a dumb question - but if the Pokewalker dies and your pokemon is transferred over there - what happens to your pokemon?

You won't lose it, I forget how but it's in the manual how to get it back.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
What happens to be better Swift or Quick Attack? My Quilava just leveled up and unsure if I should keep my current setup of Tackle, Quick Attack, Flame Wheel and Ember.

RyanDG

Gravijah said:
You won't lose it, I forget how but it's in the manual how to get it back.

Thanks! Just checking - my wife just started playing and little things tend to ruin games for her and that would've been one of those things. Just wanting to make sure. ;)

survivor

Banned
InfiniteNine said:
What happens to be better Swift or Quick Attack? My Quilava just leveled up and unsure if I should keep my current setup of Tackle, Quick Attack, Flame Wheel and Ember.
Why didn't you get rid of Tackle for Headbutt? And is Swift a special move? If it is then use it instead of Quick Attack.

Gravijah

InfiniteNine said:

Get rid of tackle if you're unsure, though in the end make sure you only have one attack of each type. I know my Quilava is built similarly now, though.

Top Bottom