• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Dogenzaka

Banned
Does anybody have the event Arceus? D: Would you be willing to part with it for a while so it can trigger the event for me? :eek:

I can't trigger it until after E4 though, right?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sixfortyfive said:
There are a lot of things about this interface that are slightly slower than Platinum's, even if you use the touchscreen properly. I could list several.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. Why incorporate new technology if you half-ass it and it ends up being inferior to what you had in the first place? All of this is simple shit that should have been brought up in QA.

The menu system in HGSS is vastly superior to DP. Much more streamlined and easier to use.

This is from someone who loved them too. (See avatar.)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Andrex said:
The menu system in HGSS is vastly superior to DP. Much more streamlined and easier to use.
And SLOWER. :mad:

I am very very grateful that I can skip from the top of the item bag to the bottom in one click though. That by itself makes a pretty big difference.

Unicorn

HGSS is a lot faster in terms of entering data like friend codes. There was an agonizingly long pause between presses of numbers in pearl. But the one thing I do miss is in moving pokem/oln between boxes if you dropped one pokemon on another the other one would go to your hand for quicker percise moving, where HGSS just takes that second pokemon and puts it instantly where the first was.

Overall I like the touch functionailty more as its easier to goto exit in trade screens n ow instead of moving the cursor all over just to end trading. Just touch exit.

Wish the underground returned if they were going to get rid of room decorations anyway. Best way to get stones and plate and fossils of all kinds.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Unicorn said:
HGSS is a lot faster in terms of entering data like friend codes. There was an agonizingly long pause between presses of numbers in pearl. But the one thing I do miss is in moving pokem/oln between boxes if you dropped one pokemon on another the other one would go to your hand for quicker percise moving, where HGSS just takes that second pokemon and puts it instantly where the first was.

Overall I like the touch functionailty more as its easier to goto exit in trade screens n ow instead of moving the cursor all over just to end trading. Just touch exit.

Wish the underground returned if they were going to get rid of room decorations anyway. Best way to get stones and plate and fossils of all kinds.

Next gen Pokemon has to have an entire underground market/area where you can go in the underground with people online, and perhaps it could connect the new region to the old regions via UG travel like subway.

kzn said:
Uh, there is no way to make the game a 100% win, I'm pretty sure.

There are plenty of boards where you will be faced with a choice of 4-8 cells with pretty much no clear guidance as to which to pick, and if you eat a Voltorb on them you're back to level 1.

Unless, that is, I'm missing something.
I look forward to those maps, thanks for the heads up. :]
Big Ass Ramp said:
where's the nickname guy on here, again?
The Name Rater? He's in Goldenrod.

survivor

Banned
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
The Name Rater? He's in Goldenrod.
That's great. I'm just under Goldenrod. Now time to actually give a proper nickname to my Quilava.

BTW a question to anyone who captured a Heracross, how much time did it take you guys? I really want a Fighting Pokemon for my team and he seems to be the most unique one.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jokey665 said:
Yeah you should. It's in the cave on the way to Blackthorn.

It was? Huh.

Edit- Oh wait I do have it. I thought it was HM08, which is the one I don't have yet.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
survivor said:
BTW a question to anyone who captured a Heracross, how much time did it take you guys? I really want a Fighting Pokemon for my team and he seems to be the most unique one.

It took me quite a bit of time. What I did was I would HB a tree, if nothing fell out, I'd move to the next one. I'd do this until I hit a tree with a poke, I'd kill the poke(obviously, if it wasn't Heracross)then I would hit that tree 5-7 more times. After that, if I still hadn't hit a Heracross, I'd move on to the next tree. Rinse and repeat. I eventually ran into a Heracross, but it took me like 20 minutes.

deadnoob

So you can only raise a pokemon level by 1 each time you take it for a stroll?

Does anyone know if I can simply connect by receiving gifts without returning from a stroll and then gain extra levels or does the pokemon need to come back into the ds then go back out?

survivor

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:
It took me quite a bit of time. What I did was I would HB a tree, if nothing fell out, I'd move to the next one. I'd do this until I hit a tree with a poke, I'd kill the poke(obviously, if it wasn't Heracross)then I would hit that tree 5-7 more times. After that, if I still hadn't hit a Heracross, I'd move on to the next tree. Rinse and repeat. I eventually ran into a Heracross, but it took me like 20 minutes.
Looks like I will just waste time looking for Heracross while I'm watching TV.

Teknoman

Wow the Team Rocket execs/admin intro scenes are nice :D Also I think if I just go as far as possible without trading pokemon I trained/want to train from my platinum/diamond, I might get used to Pokemon I never thought of using before.

Unicorn

Teknoman said:
Wow the Team Rocket execs/admin intro scenes are nice :D Also I think if I just go as far as possible without trading pokemon I trained/want to train from my platinum/diamond, I might get used to Pokemon I never thought of using before.
How I learned to love bellsprout.

timnich

Does anyone have an extra electirizer they could trade me? I stupidly traded my only one over with an electabuzz I had no intention of evolving.

Dogenzaka

Banned
timnich said:
Does anyone have an extra electirizer they could trade me? I stupidly traded my only one over with an electabuzz I had no intention of evolving.

OMG I'm so sorry. I was going to ask if you wanted me to cancel out the evolution (I'm not sure if you can do that in trade evolutions, but I was willing to try). But I figured "If he put Electrizer on his Electabuzz he probably wanted it to evolve".

:(

Unicorn

9 hours with eevee on the pokewalker today at work and the little fuck still isn't fully happy. What more does the little shit want? I need an espeon so I can level it to 71 so it learns morning sun, then gotta breed it with a growlithe so I can eventually have an arcanine with morning sun. Fucccck.

Teknoman

Unicorn said:
How I learned to love bellsprout.

Heh you too? Man, havent trained that monster since...well Blue version :lol

Also if anyone else is up for it, we could have weekend casual wi-fi battles. Say a few online battles every Saturday or so? Something to do without worrying about official GAF tournament rules (before we have the actual tournament of course).

Unicorn

Teknoman said:
Heh you too? Man, havent trained that monster since...well Blue version :lol

Also if anyone else is up for it, we could have weekend casual wi-fi battles. Say a few online battles every Saturday or so? Something to do without worrying about official GAF tournament rules (before we have the actual tournament of course).
I'm down as I need to warm up for when all my friends start getting together and we have our own tournament.

cdyhybrid

Broke down and got HG today since I got paid today and got my bonus :lol

My current team (just beat Bugsy and my rival, DICK):

15 Quilava
14 Butterfree
14 Mareep
13 Wooper
13 Hoothoot
5 Heracross

Quilava, Mareep, and Heracross probably staying on for the long haul. Butterfree and Hoothoot will be there until I find better replacements. Wooper will become an HM slave.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Fugu said:
Fought my first wild Tentacool.

And so it begins...

You know the saying, plenty of Tentacool in the sea.

And by plenty I mean trillions.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Tentacools start life as a water molecule and just grow from there. The entire sea is made entirely of Tentacools at various stages of life.

Unicorn

OK. I'm fed up with my eevee. does anyone have a male espeon they'd be willing to trade? :lol

Once it's all said and done I'll gladly hook anyone up with a growlithe with Morning Sun.

because we all want an arcanine that can fully heal with a sunny day combo...:D

Meganium Lv35
Houndoom Lv36
Ampharos Lv32
Togekiss Lv29
Azumarill Lv26

I am thinking I should add Mismagius as my last part of my team but I'm not sure.

Unicorn

MidnightScott said:
Meganium Lv35
Houndoom Lv36
Ampharos Lv32
Togekiss Lv29
Azumarill Lv26

I am thinking I should add Mismagius as my last part of my team but I'm not sure.
Poliwag dude.
Or bellsprout.

Hidden powerhouses. I've cleared all the gyms so far with either of them, with some interjectional help from Gastly.

isny

napkin dispenser
Just finished off the E4. Now to go catch the ton of legendaries in Kanto...

(Lance's music was kick ass, and so is the credits music!)

xSL4INx

Helping Lance take of business.

Team:

Quilava Lv. 27
Umbreaon Lv. 31
Jirachi Lv. 31
Donphan Lv. 27
Gyarados Lv. 30 (Shiny of course, soft reset for a while to finally get an Adamant one with 26 IV's in Attack!)

D-Pad

Ookami-kun said:
Ugh... Pineco is so hard to find. :mad:

My poor Magmar has been headbutting forever. Dx

Pineco was the first and only pokemon I've knocked out of a tree. :lol I should headbutt more often. What better time than now as I hunt for a fifth pokemon to add to my roster?

xSL4INx said:
Helping Lance take of business.

Team:

Quilava Lv. 27
Umbreaon Lv. 31
Jirachi Lv. 31
Donphan Lv. 27
Gyarados Lv. 30 (Shiny of course, soft reset for a while to finally get an Adamant one with 26 IV's in Attack!)
Such low levels... My pokemon aren't that far away being at level 25 as I prepare to investigate the lighthouse. You must not have had much trouble with the gyms. Nice team btw.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
The only problem I have with the new interface is that sometimes you can use the screen to progress but then sometimes only the buttons with work to go through dialogue or similar.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
VOOK said:
The only problem I have with the new interface is that sometimes you can use the screen to progress but then sometimes only the buttons with work to go through dialogue or similar.

No, tapping the screen advances dialogue too. If you have the volume on you'll hear a chime.

Teknoman

Are we making an online topic, or was there another topic that I missed? I remember someone posting about an all purpose Pokemon battle topic, maybe having friend codes from all versions?

Top Bottom