• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Mild? Feh. *reset*
Timid? No. *reset*
Quiet? NO! *reset*
Adamant? Let's plug in those numbers...

Gyarados - #130 (Adamant)
HP: 14 - 16
Att: 14 - 16
Def: 12 - 15
SpA: 4 - 6
SpD: 10 - 13
Speed: 30

Oh ho ho. I think this will suffice.

I'm looking for a bulbasoar. I have all 3rd gen starters and treecko and torchic from 4th gen. I also beat diamond if your looking for a specific pokemon...

I think I made an error when building my team. Waterfall is going to be something I can't carry. When exactly is that HM needed? Also how many times will I ever need Whirlpool?

Levels are getting hard to come by. My Pokemon are all nearing level 30 after the radio tower. Claire comes soon after and her Pokemon are at level 38...

Any good grinding spots for levels 30-40?

Sixfortyfive

Holy christ. I can't just press B to move an item directly from a boxed Pokemon to the bag anymore either. I have to move the party PKMN panel over to the left, then close it, then click the boxed Pokemon and select Bag.

They really fucked this up. :/

Teknoman

Wow...just made it to the GTS in Goldenrod, checked out the Online Battle Video section, and the top 30 seem to all consist of legendary/starter team battles -_-

Obsessed said:
I think I made an error when building my team. Waterfall is going to be something I can't carry. When exactly is that HM needed? Also how many times will I ever need Whirlpool?
I'm pretty sure you only need it once, while traveling to the Elite Four.

Just catch a Seaking or something and teach it to it.

(Just don't do what I did 9 years ago and use a Master Ball on it, thinking it's a good idea...)

There are other areas throughout the game that have Waterfalls. However, for progression purposes, you only need to use it before the Elite Four.

Sixfortyfive

Trojita said:
Anyone know the default name of the rival in this game? Can't come up with a name to use :lol
Just leave it blank and it will give you the default. On HeartGold, the default is "Soul." There might be a small chance of getting another name though. I remember on Plat that you could get either "Diamond" or "Pearl" as the rival name, and one of them was rarer than the other.

survivor

Banned
Teknoman said:
Wow...just made it to the GTS in Goldenrod, checked out the Online Battle Video section, and the top 30 seem to all consist of legendary/starter team battles -_-
These little kids and their legenadries. Why won't they ever learn.

ivysaur12

Banned
I have to stipulate either America or Canada when I search in the GTS. Too much from Japan is people asking for Deoxys. Also, I'm pretty sure there is more than 3 people willing to trade any given Pokemon, so I wish Nintendo would give me the option to see what all of them want. But I guess that would be asking too much.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Sixfortyfive said:
Just leave it blank and it will give you the default. On HeartGold, the default is "Soul." There might be a small chance of getting another name though. I remember on Plat that you could get either "Diamond" or "Pearl" as the rival name, and one of them was rarer than the other.

Yeah it came up with Heart as his name. I'm not so sure about that one, I was thinking of naming him Gold. Paul is also a possible name since I believe someone in the anime acts just like him. Can't decide though :lol

Teknoman

survivor said:

Scratch that. Number 30 had a Spirtomb, Weavile, and something else vs, Absol, Weavile, and Honchkrow. 3 v 3.

GTS music reminds me of Phantasy Star/Mario Kart Wii wi-fi menu.

kaskade

2gsqu6g.jpg

got it :D

The box is so cool, nice texture.

Mr.City

survivor said:

I once competed in a local pokemon tournament and was impressed with the tactical lineup of Mewtwo, Darkrai, and Deoxys. I didn't make it past round one.

survivor

Banned
Teknoman said:
Scratch that. Number 30 had a Spirtomb, Weavile, and something else vs, Absol, Weavile, and Honchkrow. 3 v 3.

GTS music reminds me of Phantasy Star/Mario Kart Wii wi-fi menu.
What kind of twisted kids are doing all out Dark Pokemon battle?

I need to give the GTS a visit. I'm already in Goldenrod, but I gotta stop playing the Voltrob coin flip game.

Mr.City said:
I once competed in a local pokemon tournament and was impressed with the tactical lineup of Mewtwo, Darkrai, and Deoxys. I didn't make it past round one.
Were you using that team or did that team beat you?

Teknoman

I agree with what was said earlier. Some of these japanese player trade offers are crazy.

survivor said:
What kind of twisted kids are doing all out Dark Pokemon battle?

I need to give the GTS a visit. I'm already in Goldenrod, but I gotta stop playing the Voltrob coin flip game.

Heh, beats me, they kept switching back and forth after taunts and sucker punches. :lol

ReiGun

Teknoman said:
I just checked it. I like how number ten is some japanese kid with just Ho-Oh. :lol

Hey anyone wanna do a battle real quick? I haven't pokemon battled another person since I was like 10. Wanna try it again. is 1763 4865 1342.

Lkr

I thought you had to beat the elite four or something in dppt. oh well, i guess i'll try and trade my pidgeotto for a noctowl or something(like that will happen)

Sixfortyfive

ReiGun said:
I just checked it. I like how number ten is some japanese kid with just Ho-Oh. :lol

Hey anyone wanna do a battle real quick? I haven't pokemon battled another person since I was like 10. Wanna try it again. is 1763 4865 1342.
I want to try out a Little Cup team for lolz. You can use whatever you want.

FC: 2750-6983-3519

Lkr

am I better off pursuing something other than my Pidgeotto? Its just so damn weak and its really pissing me off. I don't think I'll ever beat Chuck

ivysaur12

Banned
How does one obtain the National Dex anyhow? Can you get it before you beat the Elite 4?

EDIT: What I'm getting at is, if I gave my Murkrow a Dusk Stone now, would it evolve?

RyanDG

We're not ready to do it yet (she needs to get her first gym badge) - but my wife is going to need some help bringing 2 pokemon (pikachu colored pichu and jirachi) over from Diamond.

We haven't done any trading yet in the Pokemon games online, and would like just a real quick crash course on what would be the safest/easiest way to move the two guys over without a second DS (is it hard to find a volunteer for this sort of thing)? Also, what would we need to bring to do this? Do both people need to have a Pokemon to trade? (Basically by doing so we would end up with 2 pokemon in the Diamond game from them in exchange for the Jirachi/Pichu and we would also need 2 Pokemon in the Soul Silver game extra that we could give to trade back for the Jirachi/Pichu?)

Just trying to get a feel for how these friend codes and stuff work since its not quite like how I'm used to playing online games.

(My wife loves this game so much I probably just need to start playing it and get a second DS, but I don't think I have picked up a Pokemon title myself since Yellow. This stuff is greek to me now I think.)

Any suggestions from people out there on how I should go about trying to do this for my wife would be appreciated. She's not going to be going online herself so if I mess something up its my fault. :p

ReiGun

Sixfortyfive said:
I want to try out a Little Cup team for lolz. You can use whatever you want.

FC: 2750-6983-3519
Alright. Just gonna use my team from the main quest. All my EV trained pokes are sadly trapped in a corrupt Diamond cart. :'(

survivor

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
How does one obtain the National Dex anyhow? Can you get it before you beat the Elite 4?

EDIT: What I'm getting at is, if I gave my Murkrow a Dusk Stone now, would it evolve?
Yes it would.

Sixfortyfive

ReiGun said:
It's fine. It's all in good fun after all. :lol We'll have to do it again sometime when I'm a little better equipped. lol
All the pokes I was using were at level 5 btw.

I can pull out a joke team if you want another go.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Think I'm buying this tomorrow. Never finished Diamond, and Silver was the last one I played before that.

Also, I like what I've seen of the Pokewalker. :D

ryan-ts

Anyone want my level 18 Haunter (which will evolve into Gengar), trade me whatever you want.

3481 4726 3775

Obsessed said:
Does anyone have a leaf stone? My Weepinbell wants to grow so that he can start dishing out some real Soviet damage.

I got one, it's yours if you give me your code.

Axis

i need to transfer some of my pokes/items from diamond to my gold and silver if anyone is willing to help me?

RyanDG said:
We're not ready to do it yet (she needs to get her first gym badge) - but my wife is going to need some help bringing 2 pokemon (pikachu colored pichu and jirachi) over from Diamond.

We haven't done any trading yet in the Pokemon games online, and would like just a real quick crash course on what would be the safest/easiest way to move the two guys over without a second DS (is it hard to find a volunteer for this sort of thing)? Also, what would we need to bring to do this? Do both people need to have a Pokemon to trade? (Basically by doing so we would end up with 2 pokemon in the Diamond game from them in exchange for the Jirachi/Pichu and we would also need 2 Pokemon in the Soul Silver game extra that we could give to trade back for the Jirachi/Pichu?)

Trading is 1-for-1, so you won't need anyone extra. Your best bet is here, really. folks like myself have no problem helping out.

1. Set up your games for wifi access. Has to be 802.11b with either no encryption or WEP encryption. Standard WPA doesn't work.

2. We would have to add each others friend codes to our Pal Pads. We would need to do this twice; one for Diamond and one for Soul Silver, since each cart will have a different friend code. It's pretty simple; we both post our numbers, and if we both added each other to our Pal Pads, then when we go online we can see if either of us is there.

3. Trade your Jirachi/Pichu to a HeartGold or SoulSilver user using the downstairs Wifi room at any Pokecenter. You'll get junk pokemon in exchange, but it's only temporary. Then disconnect, save, and turn off your game, freeing up your partner to trade with your HG/SS game once you login with that.

4. Find your trade partner again using Wifi, only this time on HG/SS. You'll get the two pokemon back in a swap for the junk.

Note that on every trade, unless you specifically disable it (I think you need to press X?) voice chat is enabled.

ReiGun

Sixfortyfive said:
An army of beeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss!
Vespiquen.....memories of DP Elite Four flooding back......ARRRRGHGRHRGSKJNSKDD!!!

Good game.

ryan-ts said:
Anyone want my level 18 Haunter (which will evolve into Gengar), trade me whatever you want.

3481 4726 3775
Give me a moment and I'll take it off your hands. Hey do you have a fire stone too? My Vulpix needs one.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Jtwo said:
Mudkips are nothing special, right?
I should be able to get one at the Trade Station for basically nothing?

I could get you one if you let me breed and hatch one.

Is there an app to count steps in HGSS?

RyanDG

Crazymoogle said:
Trading is 1-for-1, so you won't need anyone extra. Your best bet is here, really. folks like myself have no problem helping out.

1. Set up your games for wifi access. Has to be 802.11b with either no encryption or WEP encryption. Standard WPA doesn't work.

2. We would have to add each others friend codes to our Pal Pads. We would need to do this twice; one for Diamond and one for Soul Silver, since each cart will have a different friend code. It's pretty simple; we both post our numbers, and if we both added each other to our Pal Pads, then when we go online we can see if either of us is there.

3. Trade your Jirachi/Pichu to a HeartGold or SoulSilver user using the downstairs Wifi room at any Pokecenter. You'll get junk pokemon in exchange, but it's only temporary. Then disconnect, save, and turn off your game, freeing up your partner to trade with your HG/SS game once you login with that.

4. Find your trade partner again using Wifi, only this time on HG/SS. You'll get the two pokemon back in a swap for the junk.

Note that on every trade, unless you specifically disable it (I think you need to press X?) voice chat is enabled.

Thank you very much - that's exactly what I was looking for!

Sixfortyfive

ReiGun said:
Vespiquen.....memories of DP Elite Four flooding back......ARRRRGHGRHRGSKJNSKDD!!!
I never get to use it. Smogon is all "Stealth Rock makes Vespiquen useless. And you should use Roost instead of Heal Order because it drops your Flying weaknesses."

And I'm all, yeah, well does Roost heal yourself by absorbing a swarm of worker bees? No? Then GTFO!

vespiquen.png

FUCK YEAH VESPIQUEN

Dogenzaka

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
I never get to use it. Smogon is all "Stealth Rock makes Vespiquen useless. And you should use Roost instead of Heal Order because it drops your Flying weaknesses."

And I'm all, yeah, well does Roost heal yourself by absorbing a swarm of worker bees? No? Then GTFO!

vespiquen.png

FUCK YEAH VESPIQUEN

Hey question, do the Power Items you gave me cause a 50% chance in my Ditto's offspring to have the same nature as the Ditto, or the "mother"?

Sixfortyfive

Dogenzaka said:
Hey question, do the Power Items you gave me cause a 50% chance in my Ditto's offspring to have the same nature as the Ditto, or the "mother"?
Everstone passes down natures (50% chance). Power items pass down the IV in their respective stat (100% chance, HGSS only).

If you have a female and a Ditto in the daycare, I'm not sure if the Everstone works on both of them. I know it always works on a Ditto, and it works on a female when a Ditto is not involved.

ryan-ts

ReiGun said:

Good game.

Give me a moment and I'll take it off your hands. Hey do you have a fire stone too? My Vulpix needs one.

I might be able to get one if someone gets me a Growlithe.

edit: Bills Grandpa gives me stones for showing him certain Pokemon, one is Growlithe and it gets the Fire Stone.

ryan-ts said:
I got one, it's yours if you give me your code.

Well... I would give it to you, but the game is telling me that there is no compatible access point. I'm not sure why. The DSi browser works just fine.

I'll try and fix it tomorrow.

Top Bottom