• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Dogenzaka

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
Everstone passes down natures (50% chance). Power items pass down the IV in their respective stat (100% chance, HGSS only).

If you have a female and a Ditto in the daycare, I'm not sure if the Everstone works on both of them. I know it always works on a Ditto, and it works on a female when a Ditto is not involved.

Hmmm, so if I want a baby Cyndaquil with a nature that neither my parent Cyndaquil nor Ditto have, I should keep breeding Cyndaquils until I get one with the nature I want, and then breed that one (holding an Everstone) with Ditto holding the Power item, and get a new baby Cyndaquil with both traits? :p

Brock was right. Breeding's tough!

ryan-ts

Obsessed said:
Well... I would give it to you, but the game is telling me that there is no compatible access point. I'm not sure why. The DSi browser works just fine.

I'll try and fix it tomorrow.

Alright, if you get it figured out tonight just put a message in this thread, if it's tomorrow then just send me a pm.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Dogenzaka said:
Hmmm, so if I want a baby Cyndaquil with a nature that neither my parent Cyndaquil nor Ditto have, I should keep breeding Cyndaquils until I get one with the nature I want, and then breed that one (holding an Everstone) with Ditto holding the Power item, and get a new baby Cyndaquil with both traits? :p
I think that would work. Not 100% sure on the Everstone in that situation.

Make sure you have a Flame Body / Magma Armor Pokemon in your party (halves egg hatch time), then accompany it with 5 eggs and ride that bike back and forth on the longest stretch of straight ground you can find.

Edit: Wait, this is going to be awful. The starters only have a 1 in 8 chance of being female, and the Everstone only works on females and Dittos. Come up with a different course of action.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
I think that would work. Not 100% sure on the Everstone in that situation.

Make sure you have a Flame Body / Magma Armor Pokemon in your party (halves egg hatch time), then accompany it with 5 eggs and ride that bike back and forth on the longest stretch of straight ground you can find.

Edit: Wait, this is going to be awful. The starters only have a 1 in 8 chance of being female, and the Everstone only works on females and Dittos. Come up with a different course of action.

Hmm....should I just hatch eggs until one of them turns out female?
Is gender decided from the moment you receive the egg? Or could I save a few steps before the hatching and hatch it each time until it's female?

ReiGun

ryan-ts said:
I might be able to get one if someone gets me a Growlithe.

edit: Bills Grandpa gives me stones for showing him certain Pokemon, one is Growlithe and it gets the Fire Stone.
Alright then. Ready to trade for the Haunter whenever you are.

Obsessed said:
Well... I would give it to you, but the game is telling me that there is no compatible access point. I'm not sure why. The DSi browser works just fine.

The DSi Browser and Store can use WPA access points. DS games are WEP or no encryption only.

Sixfortyfive

Dogenzaka said:
Hmm....should I just hatch eggs until one of them turns out female?
Is gender decided from the moment you receive the egg? Or could I save a few steps before the hatching and hatch it each time until it's female?
Wouldn't work. All the stats are set in place either when the egg is made or when the daycare man gives it to you.

You'd best get a Ditto with the right nature.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
Wouldn't work. All the stats are set in place either when the egg is made or when the daycare man gives it to you.

You'd best get a Ditto with the right nature.

:( So to do that, should I get two of the Dittos you gave me and breed them with the Power Items until I have high-IV Dittos of every nature?

Sixfortyfive

Dogenzaka said:
:( So to do that, should I get two of the Dittos you gave me and breed them with the Power Items until I have high-IV Dittos of every nature?
I can trade more. Just specify natures and get online with 6 Pokemon to trade. Also specify any hold items.

EDIT: And Ditto can't breed with itself anyway. You have to catch them in the wild.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
I can trade more. Just specify natures and get online with 6 Pokemon to trade. Also specify any hold items.

EDIT: And Ditto can't breed with itself anyway. You have to catch them in the wild.

WTF :(

Well thanks. Let me check just what I should get.

How did you get all those dittos with high IV's? :O

Teknoman

Somethings up. My Mareep is lvl 14, yet never attempted to learn thundershock. Caught it at lvl 6.

Either leveling it in the pokewalker messed it up (I dont think I leveled it past 10 in the walker), or I just missed it.

Machine

Whitney's Miltank was a real team effort. Totodile used scary face a few times to negate its speed, Gastly used curse, then Geodude used self-destruct - Miltank didn't have a chance! Whole team was level 13-14 at the time.

Then, I made it to level 6 in Voltorb Flip and made *almost* enough to get a Dratini before the DS started flashing red. I'll play some more after the recharge.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
You don't want to know. I have cloning capabilities though, which is why I'm more than willing to trade just about anything.

Oh cool.

Well I'd love Jolly, gentle, lax, relaxed, naughty, calm, Dittos.
If you could include the Power Items I didn't get last time, as well as include (if you have them) a Focus Sash, Exp. Share, I'd really appreciate that. This is probably asking for a lot, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Thanks!

Sixfortyfive

Dogenzaka said:
Oh cool.

Well I'd love Jolly, gentle, lax, relaxed, naughty, calm, Dittos.
If you could include the Power Items I didn't get last time, as well as include (if you have them) a Focus Sash, Exp. Share, I'd really appreciate that. This is probably asking for a lot, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Thanks!
I think I gave all of the Power Items to you. There should be six altogether.

I'll be online in a few minutes.

Jokey665

Delio said:
Anyone wanna have a battle with my UU team? Or should i ask in the other thread?
I'll battle ya, if you don't mind me using a gimmick team that has a couple of OU mons on it (It's 6 Eevee Evolutions).

My FC is 5026 1324 9405

Delio

Jokey665 said:
I'll battle ya, if you don't mind me using a gimmick team that has a couple of OU mons on it (It's 6 Eevee Evolutions).

My FC is 5026 1324 9405

Cool my code is 2535-9728-2818.

Poyunch

I'm really surprised I found a Mareep so early in the game (I've barely reached Azalea). Anyway I'm wondering, should I keep my Pidgey or trade it out for the
Togepi (not really sure if this is a spoiler)
?

Another dumb question: can I use that PokeWalker with a Platinum/Pearl/Diamond versions? Meaning, import a pokemon from Platinum to the PokeWalker and then port it into a HeartGold or SoulSilver?

Dogenzaka

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
Slooow. So sloooooow.

I'm fining you $1 billion.

I'm sorry :( It wasn't until I fainted 2 tentacruels that I realized I could just fly to New Bark Town now and Great Ball some Hoothoots. I got them all. Heading to Pokemon Center now.

survivor

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
I'm really surprised I found a Mareep so early in the game (I've barely reached Azalea). Anyway I'm wondering, should I keep my Pidgey or trade it out for the
?
No need to spoil it.

I personally avoid Togepi. It lacks good moves and it's pretty hard to fully evolve. As for Pidgey feel free to use it, he should be decent. I'm personally letting my Gyarados be the Pokemon with Fly. Seems pretty convenient to me.

Sixfortyfive

survivor said:
No need to spoil it.

I personally avoid Togepi. It lacks good moves and it's pretty hard to fully evolve. As for Pidgey feel free to use it, he should be decent. I'm personally letting my Gyarados be the Pokemon with Fly. Seems pretty convenient to me.
This Togepi starts with Extrasensory. It's been a staple on my team since it hatched.

PounchEnvy said:
?

Pidgeotto has kicked all sorts of ass for me so far but others have reported success with that other Pokemon. Choose which ever one you like better.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Another dumb question: can I use that PokeWalker with a Platinum/Pearl/Diamond versions? Meaning, import a pokemon from Platinum to the PokeWalker and then port it into a HeartGold or SoulSilver?

I don't think you can transfer a Pokemon directly from Platinum to the PW. The Platinum cart doesn't have the infrared thingy. So you have to go Platinum -> HG/SS -> PW

Dogenzaka

Banned
My Togepi evolved into Togetic very quickly. Like lvl 15. Love its Extrasensory.

I don't think you can transfer a Pokemon directly from Platinum to the PW. The Platinum cart doesn't have the infrared thingy. So you have to go Platinum -> HG/SS -> PW

Is that why my SS cartridge is black-colored instead of gray?

timnich

Since when can Gyarados learn fly? I always wondered why it wasn't able to. Also can a kind person donate me an electirizer? I hate to beg but I don't want to wait until kanto to fully evolve my electabuzz.

Edit: Is it possible to get a scyther with the technician ability? I must have hatched like 20 of these things.

survivor

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
This Togepi starts with Extrasensory. It's been a staple on my team since it hatched.
While it is a good move, his others moveset seem really depressing. I was looking forward to use Togekiss, but after I realized the pain I had to go through to evolve it and that I need to Heart Scale it for the good moves, I realized it wasn't worth the effort.
timnich said:
Since when can Gyarados learn fly? I always wondered why it wasn't able to. Also can a kind person donate me an electirizer? I hate to beg but I don't want to wait until kanto to fully evolve my electabuzz.
Apparently it can't learn Fly. For some reason I always though it would. Crap.

Dogenzaka

Banned
timnich said:

It's a Water/Flying type lol

I remember back in RBY days I thought it was a Dragon type.

Poyunch

Yeah I basically want Togepi for the Togetic/Togekiss. I guess I'm going to stay with Pidgey for now since Togetic lacks any flying attack and I don't have a shiny stone (and I'm too lazy to trade one in) this early in the game.

survivor said:
No need to spoil it.

edit: late with the explanation, I guess. heh.

Togepi is fixed now. For one, the egg you get during the quest hatches with Extrasensory, an 80 power psychic move, instantly becoming the most powerful move at your disposal.

Second, you can transfer Togepi to the Pokewalker and gain happiness during the day; unlike levels there's no cap on gained happiness, I believe. In any case, this really helps solve the problem of evolving to Togetic.

There's still the problem of finding a Shiny Stone, but there are a few ways to get it in the game apart from trades...

Jokey665

Delio said:
Cool my code is 2535-9728-2818.
Was that my fault or yours? It froze for a second then just dropped. I'm pretty sure you had me beat anyways, though. That was my first time using that team and it went worse than I hoped.

Poyunch

FFFUUUuuuuu I just restarted my DSi so that I could transfer a Pokemon to the Pokewalker and I forgot to save. I lost my Mareep.

Delio

Jokey665 said:
Was that my fault or yours? It froze for a second then just dropped. I'm pretty sure you had me beat anyways, though.

It told me Communication error then threw me out. Sigh wifi always seems to mess with me when i use Pearl. Still it was pretty fun and i got really worried when Sceptile got trapped lol.

survivor

Banned
Crazymoogle said:
edit: late with the explanation, I guess. heh.

Togepi is fixed now. For one, the egg you get during the quest hatches with Extrasensory, an 80 power psychic move, instantly becoming the most powerful move at your disposal.

Second, you can transfer Togepi to the Pokewalker and gain happiness during the day; unlike levels there's no cap on gained happiness, I believe. In any case, this really helps solve the problem of evolving to Togetic.

There's still the problem of finding a Shiny Stone, but there are a few ways to get it in the game apart from trades...
Extrasensory is a great move, no denying that, it's just after you evolve it and make it into Togekiss is the problem I have with it. It learns almost nothing useful later on for the game and unless you are willing to get Heart Scales, it's pretty much not worth it for me. Unless of course Heart Scales aren't that rare or you are willing to trade for them.

Jokey665

Delio said:
It told me Communication error then threw me out. Sigh wifi always seems to mess with me when i use Pearl. Still it was pretty fun and i got really worried when Sceptile got trapped lol.
Yeah I realized I should have brought Umbreon out earlier to trap Regi and set up on it, would have worked a ton better, I think. Also, I totally expected Espeon to be faster than Sceptile.

Delio

Jokey665 said:
Yeah I realized I should have brought Umbreon out earlier to trap Regi and set up on it, would have worked a ton better, I think. Also, I totally expected Espeon to be faster than Sceptile.

Yeah Sceptile is pretty much bred to come in and shoot off powerful hits with it's speed.

Blizzard

Banned
The good:

They FINALLY made stuff like "speed sharply fell" just take one timing beat and one display section! There's apparently no "HOOTHOOT's SPEED ... ... ... SHARPLY ... FELL!" :D

The bad:

Am I correct in stating that you cannot turn auto-run on without the touchscreen, cannot turn auto-run off without the touch screen, cannot walk with auto-run on (i.e. by holding the run button which would make PERFECT SENSE), and cannot use a SECOND button on your second registered item? The touchscreen isn't bad, but I thought someone told me that you could register two items to buttons, and now it seems you have to use the touchscreen for the second one so you still have to move your hands around or just use stylus only for the right hand. Minor gripes, but still...they polish some things so much and then miss stuff like that. :/

Top Bottom