• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Linius

Here's something interesting, Serebii listed Feebas with a 5% rarity. In a chain of 100 I encountered him exactly 10 times now. That's a 10% chance serebii :p

And them you have a Team Magma grunt training Wailmer near Lilycove. Did she just not get the memo?
Wouldn't it actually help their aim of whatever they want to accomplish if they didn't just use 3 different pokemon total? Good luck getting anywhere with Mightyena, Golbat and Camerupt idiots.
Here's something interesting, Serebii listed Feebas with a 5% rarity. In a chain of 100 I encountered him exactly 10 times now. That's a 10% chance serebii :p

Joe confirmed fraud

DaBoss

Tornadus (Timid) : 31 / 10 - 11 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

I worried that Speed was gonna be 30 or something and was surprised the IV judge said all 5 were perfect.

The worst part is Prankster caused Agility to take priority, so I couldn't attack and check to see if it moves first or not so I can reset immediately whenever it used agility.

Fandangox

I caught a shiny Duskull! This is the third Shiny I have caught since I began playing the series.

I think it may be the first one I actually get to use competitively, its ivs are not good, but at least it has a favorable nature.

Camisado

I also keep thinking with the release of each game that I should try and make a full 'living dex' but then remember that most of the event Pokémon have never been released in the UK and even if they have I'll not be able to get any of them legitimately now.

I caught a shiny Duskull! This is the third Shiny I have caught since I began playing the series.

I think it may be the first one I actually get to use competitively, its ivs are not good, but at least it has a favorable nature.

Congratulations! I'm still trying here for some shinies.

I also keep thinking with the release of each game that I should try and make a full 'living dex' but then remember that most of the event Pokémon have never been released in the UK and even if they have I'll not be able to get any of them legitimately now.

just use gamefaqs forum services
mine work with bank so their definately legit too

Linius

Awesome, congrats :D

I'm at a 155 chain now, no luck yet :p

Anyone have these Pokemon with their hidden abilities and willing to trade?

Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile
Treecko
Mudkip

Also anyone want to help me evolve Porygon to Porygon 2?

MicH

That's high. The few times I tried it in XY I got a shiny pretty early into the chain several times. You're not moving, right? And you never get the "Not even a nibble" text, right?

Linius

That's high. The few times I tried it in XY I got a shiny pretty early into the chain several times. You're not moving, right? And you never get the "Not even a nibble" text, right?

Nope, haven't moved an inch and my sticky hold Grimer is doing it's work. I found a secluded spot on route 119 between two rocks. It's quite perfect.

Fandangox

I was not even aiming for it, it was literally my second encounter on Mt. Pyre I was surprised and did a double take.

Has it been confirmed that search chains help with shinies like it does in the friend safari in XY?

Actually is that bit of XY confirmed too, I remember reading it a lot, but not sure if it was actually proven.

Toxi

Banned
Wouldn't it actually help their aim of whatever they want to accomplish if they didn't just use 3 different pokemon total? Good luck getting anywhere with Mightyena, Golbat and Camerupt idiots.
How I would have done it...

Magma-only lines: Numel, Baltoy, Slugma, Torkoal

Aqua-only lines: Carvahna, Corphish, Psyduck, Barbroach, Relicanth

Shared lines: Zubat, Poochyena, Koffing, Absol

This way, there's more variety, the team themes are more obvious, and there are more unique options for the admins.

Camisado

While I'm here actually, anyone got any tips/thoughts on my current team?

I'm only at route 118 having just got surf, so I've not really had a chance to get anything too exciting yet.

1. Swampert LV 37

2. Metang LV 31

3. Gardevoir LV 30

4. Tentacool LV 18 (Just got recently to use for surfing etc)

5. Breloom LV 34

6 Slugma LV 27

Linius

That's good! Going by that I would expect a shiny anytime now :eek: Good luck!

BVib.jpg

And then this happened after number 165 :/

Well, I'll just start a new chain and I see if I get lucky a bit sooner in the chain. From what I've read it's normal to see at least one shiny after ~50 ish pokemon like you said.

one_kill

^Congrats dude! The Exploud line is one of my favourites.

My highest chain before getting a shiny was around 90. I usually reel in a shiny at about 50-60. That's in XY though so maybe things are different this time 'round.

The number of legit shinies I've caught is 10, but that's including those caught by chain fishing. I've only caught two in the wild: a Lickitung in VR and an Azumarill in FS.

How I would have done it...

Magma-only lines: Numel, Baltoy, Slugma, Torkoal

Aqua-only lines: Carvahna, Corphish, Psyduck, Barbroach, Relicanth

Shared lines: Zubat, Poochyena, Koffing, Absol

This way, there's more variety, the team themes are more obvious, and there are more unique options for the admins.
I'd probably give Magma Sandshrew too, just to even it out. Ground types fit their theme.

EDIT: Grats on the Loudred! Exploud is awesome.

Toxi

Banned
I'd probably give Magma Sandshrew too, just to even it out. Ground types fit their theme.
Yeah, Sandshrew definitely should be there.

I'm only at route 118 having just got surf, so I've not really had a chance to get anything too exciting yet.

1. Swampert LV 37

2. Metang LV 31

3. Gardevoir LV 30

5. Breloom LV 34

6 Slugma LV 27
Good Pokemon outside of poor Slugma, who's basically dead weight thanks to its low speed, horrible stats, late evolution, and awful type combo upon evolving; Camerupt, Ninetales, and Torkoal are better if you absolutely need a Fire type.

It's sad, because Magcargo's one of my favorite Pokemon and it sucks something fierce, especially in a game with so many Water type foes. :(

Noobcraft

And then this happened after number 165 :/

Well, I'll just start a new chain and I see if I get lucky a bit sooner in the chain. From what I've read it's normal to see at least one shiny after ~50 ish pokemon like you said.
I know the feeling. I'm back to encounter ~15 or so now lol

Azuran

Banned

1. Swampert LV 37

2. Metang LV 31

3. Gardevoir LV 30

5. Breloom LV 34

6 Slugma LV 27

Teach Surf to Swampert and drop the Tentacool. No point in gimping yourself especially when water routes dominate in the second half of the game.

assault vest or Belly Drum Azumarill?
from what Smogon says Belly Drum makes his attack ungodly high

Belly Drum without a doubt.

Camisado

Yeah, Sandshrew definitely should be there.

Good Pokemon outside of poor Slugma, who's basically dead weight; Camerupt, Ninetales, and Torkoal are better if you absolutely need a Fire type.

It's sad, because Magcargo's one of my favorite Pokemon and it sucks something awful. :(

It's always been joked between my friends that if I was ever a Pokémon gym leader it would be a fire gym as I'm a little bit obsessed with them tbh. Yeah he's been useless so far as well, I think I will go back to Numel/Camerupt until I can get my hands on a Ninetales.

Growlie19

I did it, I mastered all contests with a shiny Growlithe! Now he has the ribbon and shiny animations. Now to beat Lisia!

I also started spreading the Eon Ticket in my college! Soon everyone will have their opposite Lati! Mwahahaha!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only person that legitimately doesn't enjoy Pokemon Contests at all? Seriously, they aren't fun and downright frustrating at times. I really want that goddamn Destiny Knot. Why did you have to put it behind this bullshit GF?!
No, you aren't. I tried the first one and didn't like it (even though I won), so I don't feel like doing the rest.

Toxi

Banned
It's always been joked between my friends that if I was ever a Pokémon gym leader it would be a fire gym as I'm a little bit obsessed with them tbh. Yeah he's been useless so far as well, I think I will go back to Numel/Camerupt until I can get my hands on a Ninetales.

Numel has a really great level up movepool; Earth Power and Lava Plume come at ridiculously low levels and are basically all you need. Make sure you get a Simple Numel, since it'll get Solid Rock when it evolves instead of Magma Armor.

Wow, so few TM's that Milotic can learn that are cool typing for contest.

Well lets see how well Hyper Beam and Double Team can do on Master. Thats literally the only 2 TM's I have it can learn that are cool type

edit: And Lisia destroys me in the contest lol.

Camisado

Numel has a really great level up movepool; Earth Power and Lava Plume come at ridiculously low levels and are basically all you need. Make sure you get a Simple Numel, since it'll get Solid Rock when it evolves instead of Magma Armor.

Turns out the Numel I had from earlier has 'Simple' so I've swapped it into the team. Thanks :)

gosox333

Where would yall say the best place to grind exp is? I just finished episode delta and I haven't used the share all game, so all my guys are around level 50 which is realistically way too low to even try taking on the rematch E4.

I mean if I have to I'll just grind on the E4 but I don't really wanna lose all my money..

Noobcraft

Based Shiny Magikarp lol...
imag1191jycxr.jpg

IV's are pretty bad lol but who cares.
Calm Nature
28-31 HP
0-7 Attack
22-25 Def
14-17 SPA
20-23 SpD
0-3 Speed

Its going to make the worst Gyrados ever.

DedValve

Banned
Why is the pokemon variety so terrible in this game?

The only pokemon I care about on my team are Sceptile, Altaria and Lairon.

About to fight they 6th gym leader and gain fly, time to collect on those oddly addicting berries. I used to hate berries in the originals, not sure why I feel the need to plant so many now that I'm not participating in contests.

Glad to hear about the E4 getting buffed back to their regular state again. XY was pathetic. I guess I'll finally turn exp all on when I beat them once to quickly gain their level again since endgame pretty much has nothing to keep going. I long for the day of a pokemon game with a deep single player end game.

Azuran

Banned
Why is the pokemon variety so terrible in this game?

The only pokemon I care about on my team are Sceptile, Altaria and Lairon.

This will remain my main issue with the game until the postgame. I know this are remakes for 10 year old games, but it wouldn't have hurt to sprinkle a couple of new Pokemon instead of being stuck with the same old Hoenn selection.

Linius

Cheers guys. Gonna have to check it's stats in a bit. Wrecking people with a pink Sharpedo is too cool.

Was on a chain of 54 for the record.

Hatchtag

Banned
Testing my team under the new Smogon OU ruleset for these games and it's still damn good
so long that no Azumarills appear.
Just got to reassemble it in-game.

Where would yall say the best place to grind exp is? I just finished episode delta and I haven't used the share all game, so all my guys are around level 50 which is realistically way too low to even try taking on the rematch E4.

I mean if I have to I'll just grind on the E4 but I don't really wanna lose all my money..
Use the Trainer's Eye. Most trainers will be about level 50 while certain ones will be a bit above that.

Wow, so few TM's that Milotic can learn that are cool typing for contest.

Well lets see how well Hyper Beam and Double Team can do on Master. Thats literally the only 2 TM's I have it can learn that are cool type

edit: And Lisia destroys me in the contest lol.
Cresselia has literally one Tough move it can learn this gen, Giga Impact.

In situations like that you have no real choice but to figure out what move types you can use in that category without getting penalized. For example, for Tough contests with Cresselia you pretty much just use Cool moves that give 4 stars, Slash and Psycho Cut. Your output is more than enough to win.
use Blissey bases
steal an egg from happiny first though in Scorched Slab
That requires you to wait a day. It's quicker for him to use Trainer's Eye if he lives in the USA.

Happiny doesn't give you Lucky Eggs BTW. EDIT: Oh, it does. Cool!

Delio

Ah Winning the Coolness Master contest with my original Blaziken that won Coolness Master back then is great. Although I have to win the other contests which is going to be hard lol.

Top Bottom