• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

i00TRngkrL8Ip.gif

B38_GtzIQAAPv-B.jpg

tumblr_neni6h8hTT1sa5bz7o2_400.gif

Azuran

Banned
I'm taking a stand! From now on, I will only breed forgettable Pokemon as a protest to the other thread making fun of my favorites!

Who wants a perfect Luvdisc?

Man this Cresselia almost came out great

Calm, 30-31/x/28-29/6-7/30-31/30-31

Shit Sp.Atk but I'll be keeping it since I'm not really interested in her anyway and her offense really doesn't matter.

JoeM86

Well it's past 8 and I'm only getting Sharpedo really from the bridge in Route 119 now after ~140 Feebas earlier.

Guess that's confirmed.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Gonna pop in and say I'm glad I can at least obtain an Adaptability Dragalge.

Kinda bummed I can't get Rock Head Tyrantrum and Sheer Force Feraligatr though.

MicH

Gonna pop in and say I'm glad I can at least obtain an Adaptability Dragalge.

Kinda bummed I can't get Rock Head Tyrantrum and Sheer Force Feraligatr though.
I agree completely - as a matter of fact, I just caught myself one of them Adaptability Skrelps today! And I really hope we get HA Tyrunt and HA Totodile soon :( I want them sooo bad!

I'm still not very good about knowing what stats are good and what abilities to look for, so can someone give me an idea on what good stats are for Skarmory?

I'm still not very good about knowing what stats are good and what abilities to look for, so can someone give me an idea on what good stats are for Skarmory?
Skarmory is pure physical defense. Its attack is OK, same for its speed and sp.def, but it has a MONSTROUS defense. Impish nature is probably the best for Skarm since it raises defense and lowers sp.atk. (useless for Skarm)

Skarmory is pure physical defense. It's attacks is OK, same for its speed and sp.def, but it has a MONSTROUS defense. Impish nature is probably the best for Skarm since it raises defense and lowers sp.atk. (useless for Skarm)
Whats the best pokemon to breed with a Skarmory? What are good starting stats for a lvl 1?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I agree completely - as a matter of fact, I just caught myself one of them Adaptability Skrelps today! And I really hope we get HA Tyrunt and HA Totodile soon :( I want them sooo bad!

No recoil Head Smash and a Life Orb SF Feraligatr is always welcome news in my book. And I can finally have a reason to not abuse my Hex build Giratina I can't use in the Maison anyway.

Whats the best pokemon to breed with a Skarmory? What are good starting stats for a lvl 1?
A male Staraptor with Whirlwind and Brave Bird would probably be ideal. If you're looking to breed a competitive Skarmory (for online or battle resort), then it's best to get max IVs on at least everything but Sp.Ark. Shouldn't be too hard with some help from folks here, since gen 6 makes it easy. (Make sure you have Destiny Knot, though)

A male Staraptor with Whirlwind and Brave Bird would probably be ideal. If you're looking to breed a competitive Skarmory (for online or battle resort), then it's best to get max IVs on at least everything but Sp.Ark. Shouldn't be too hard with some help from folks here, since gen 6 makes it easy. (Make sure you have Destiny Knot, though)
it depends. You breed Skarmory with certain Pokemon to get desired egg moves. Brave Bird, Stealth Rock, and Whirlwind are the three most popular ones.

A competitive Skarmory is what I'm aiming for, and well a competitive team as well.
Skarmory is just the starting point for my team, not sure who else I'm going to have on it.

And thank you! Brave Bird is what I have my eye on atm.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Aight I'm back in. Got the steelbook edition for 20€ and couldn't pass on that. My first Pokemon game since OG Sapphire, let's do this!

TWILT

Banned
ZJykoM9.png

Yaaay, I'm the champion again. Didn't love the game nearly as much as XY, but overall, 8/10 game. Also, didn't think they'd use the Pikachu costume for the hall of fame lol.

I'd do the postgame stuff, but I got stuff like Persona Q and KH2.5 to play. I do wanna breed me a good Salamence and Gallade for their respective megas though, so eventually, I'll be back.

Azuran

Banned
1. How many Metal Coats are there?
2. Is Scyther available before the post game, after, or at all?

1. I don't know about this game so far, but Metal Coals were infinite in XY since wild Magneton held them.

2. Scyther doesn't appear in the game at all. You gotta trade for it.

Varion

Man, so many people getting shiny Carvanhas here. Got my first shiny ever (despite playing since gen 1) yesterday, but it was just a sandshrew with a terrible nature. It get a box all to itself though, which I've called 'shinies'...as if I'm going to get any more.

I don't know about this game so far, but Metal Coals were infinite in XY since wild Magneton held them.

Scyther doesn't appear in the game at all. You gotta trade it from XY.

I don't have XY, so can I ask someone to trade me one please. lvl 1 with decent stats preferable, but can deal with any Scyther.

If you want Metal Coats, Skarmory carries them if you search them with DexNav. The DexNav will tell you if it carries one or not as well, if you're at high enough search level.

one_kill

What's the deal with Secret Pals and flags? What do they do? I've streetpassed more than 40 people for ORAS and haven't come across any secret bases so I've got no clue as to how they work

Linius

Welp, I guess I'm in the club now too:

Shitty nature and shitty stats, but I'll use as my HM slave or maybe in the contests.

Aw yis, get in!

Man, so many people getting shiny Carvanhas here. Got my first shiny ever (despite playing since gen 1) yesterday, but it was just a sandshrew with a terrible nature. It get a box all to itself though, which I've called 'shinies'...as if I'm going to get any more.

That's the spirit.

What's the deal with Secret Pals and flags? What do they do? I've streetpassed more than 40 people for ORAS and haven't come across any secret bases so I've got no clue as to how they work

if you use the areanav (the map on the bottom screen) you can search for secret bases. Once you find one, you can get an item from them, and then take their flag once per day. If you add them as a secret pal you can also get a bunch of flags from them as a gift each day (the number is dependent on how many flags they have captured)

one_kill

if you use the areanav (the map on the bottom screen) you can search for secret bases. Once you find one, you can get an item from them, and then take their flag once per day. If you add them as a secret pal you can also get a bunch of flags from them as a gift each day (the number is dependent on how many flags they have captured)
Ah I see. I'll try it out! Thanks for the reply

Grexeno

Man, the EXP Share just completely breaks this game. I've finally turned it off after most of my Pokemon are Level 45 after the 6th Gym, where the highest leveled Pokemon is Level 35.

Linius

Man, the EXP Share just completely breaks this game. I've finally turned it off after most of my Pokemon are Level 45 after the 6th Gym, where the highest leveled Pokemon is Level 35.

Played without it the whole run so far and before the sixth gym my poke's range from 25 to 35. I need to grind a little here and there, but much better this way.

Top Bottom