• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Does anyone use super training?

It's so boring, but NPC won't give me gift unless I put more energy into training.

Syntsui

I give up on SRing for a perfect Kyogre, it's just not worth it. It's a fucking waste of time so I will satisfy with a 31/10/31/31/12/31. Fuck these longass cutscenes and dialogues.

Syntsui

Can't you kill it and come back to catch it after the Elite 4?

There are cutscenes still (shorter but not enough to make it worth the waste of time).

I will have to farm master balls too, the catch rate is ridiculous in this game. X&Y were absurdly easy to catch legendaries (or I was incredibly lucky).

Just wanted to drop in and say, I've been playing this game off and on since Christmas, and I absolutely love it. I am overwhelmed with nostalgia as I go from area to area. It all seems so familiar, yet so refreshing. It's a real visual treat, especially for a 3DS game.

My new method of playing is to wonder trade for my initial team of 6. I ended up with Treecko, Misdreavus, Charmander, Froakie, Joltik and Rufflet.

Lashley

Just wanted to drop in and say, I've been playing this game off and on since Christmas, and I absolutely love it. I am overwhelmed with nostalgia as I go from area to area. It all seems so familiar, yet so refreshing. It's a real visual treat, especially for a 3DS game.

My new method of playing is to wonder trade for my initial team of 6. I ended up with Treecko, Misdreavus, Charmander, Froakie, Joltik and Rufflet.

You lucky bastard.

I get trash from Wonder Trade

No idea only onto level 3 haha

So super training is useless then? If EV training vis hordes is better? (how is that done btw?)

First, give all your Pokemon Pokerus (doubles EVs; easy to get with online trading), equip your benched members with Power items (eg. Power Lens to boost Sp. Attack EVs), your front member with the Macho Brace (doubles EVs) and multi-target moves (eg. Surf, Earthquake).

Then use Sweet Scent to force a horde battle and rake in the EVs. It's easier in ORAS too because there are areas where there's only one type of horde. Plus Sweet Scent works no matter the weather condition (unlike in X/Y).

Lashley

First, give all your Pokemon Pokerus (doubles EVs; easy to get with online trading), equip your benched members with Power items (eg. Power Lens to boost Sp. Attack EVs), your front member with the Macho Brace (doubles EVs) and multi-target moves (eg. Surf, Earthquake).

Then use Sweet Scent to force a horde battle and rake in the EVs. It's easier in ORAS too because there are areas where there's only one type of horde. Plus Sweet Scent works no matter the weather condition (unlike in X/Y).
Thanks!

My traded Pikachu had Pokerus but it's probably been cured now :(

Varion

Does anyone use super training?

It's so boring, but NPC won't give me gift unless I put more energy into training.
I use it for fiddly stuff. If I just want two EVs maxed (so there's no chance of getting too much) then regular EV training is clearly the more efficient option. If I want more messy setups like 40 atk / 52 spatk / 190 spd / 226 speed or that kind of thing then I'll use super training until the point where I can't screw up, though. It works well as a supplementary thing.

Merovin

Okay so just got my 5th badge and went to get Latias. The first one (not a single reset) and I get this: Timid, IVs: 24, 25, 26 / 10 - 13 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 31 / 30, 31

Seems worth keeping to me, at least two of the 30/31's will be 31 and HP is decent at least. Damn it's been a lucky start to the year for me.

Okay so just got my 5th badge and went to get Latias. The first one (not a single reset) and I get this: Timid, IVs: 24, 25, 26 / 10 - 13 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 31 / 30, 31

Seems worth keeping to me, at least two of the 30/31's will be 31 and HP is decent at least. Damn it's been a lucky start to the year for me.

That's really really good. Definitely keep it.

Syntsui

Is there any point in getting rainbow blocks +? I read that there is no limit of how many blocks a Pokémon can eat, so if I give only regular rainbow blocks it will still max everything?

Wichu

Is there any point in getting rainbow blocks +? I read that there is no limit of how many blocks a Pokémon can eat, so if I give only regular rainbow blocks it will still max everything?

It's way quicker to use the + ones. I tried it and it took ~70 normal ones to max contest stats as opposed to 16 + ones.

Serandur

Not sure if the games are compatible, frankly I'm new to having a 3DS in general but I was wondering if someone might be kind enough to help me evolve my Haunter in Pokemon Y (trade forth and back)? Of course I'd do the same in return. Thanks.

Wait, can the Power items stack with the Macho brace?

Muku

Quick shout out to Muku for being awesome and providing a free Thundurus. I still feel like crap that I didn't have anything good to trade for it, but I'll pay you back one day hopefully.

The second Landorus I ran into had an IV spread of: 27/31/31/X/31/31

What did I do? "Naw man, you need to keep looking for a 5IV perfect."

I felt like an idiot as SOON as I reset the 3DS. After 4+ hours of trying, I've not even gotten close to one as good as that. Sigh, live and learn.

You're welcome. :) It's all good. I collect extra legendaries off GTS to help folks out.

And... D: I hear ya though. I've had to learn the hard way. Accept things that are darn near perfect, because otherwise it could be hours before you see anything close again.

Azuran

Banned
Here are your steps:

Get 6 IV Ditto.
Get female pokemon with ability/pokeball of the species that you want to breed. Give 6 IV ditto Destiny Knot.

Once you have this:
1) Breed your female with a male of the same egg group that has the nature you want. Ditto also works. Give the pokemon with the desirable nature a Everstone.

2) Choose egg moves you want, get a male pokemon in the same egg group as your desired offspring with the eggmove and breed. Repeat until you have all the eggmoves you want. Remember to give your everstone to your female to continue to pass the nature.

3) breed female with nature + egg moves + ability + pokeball with your 6 IV ditto. Ditto has destiny knot, female has everstone.

4) hope.

0) Level up Hatching O-Power

0.5) Get a box full of Dittos of different natures. Not necessary but it saves a LOT of time in the long run.

Wait, can the Power items stack with the Macho brace?

they don't as far as I'm aware, but if they do that would be a megaton

i'm struggling to figure out which nature I want on my Cradily. It's going to carry an Assault Vest, so i could obviously just raise the special defense, but I'm wondering if I should raise defense to compensate, or raise special attack to dish out more damage. There's also the question of getting a speed decreasing nature if I want to run mirror coat..

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
they don't as far as I'm aware, but if they do that would be a megaton

i'm struggling to figure out which nature I want on my Cradily. It's going to carry an Assault Vest, so i could obviously just raise the special defense, but I'm wondering if I should raise defense to compensate, or raise special attack to dish out more damage. There's also the question of getting a speed decreasing nature if I want to run mirror coat..
Mirror Coat naturally has a -5 priority; no need to worry about speed.

Firestorm

Didn't get finished with training my team until around 5:30 AM. Woke up around 4 hours later to go to tournament. Finished 6th :( I played so sloppily in my Top 8 match I'm just kind of mad at myself.
I'm trying to get into the breeding scene. So can anyone easily explain to me what I have to do to get decent poke mins and what kind of IVs I should be going for? I'm starting from scratch here
http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/breeding-perfect-pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire/
No idea only onto level 3 haha

So super training is useless then? If EV training vis hordes is better? (how is that done btw?)
http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/ev-training-horde-hotspots-pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire/

WarAdept

Goddamn it. I managed to cap a Jolly Rayquaza with 31's in Attack/Sp Attack/Speed and 25+ in everything else but I was being anal about the 31 in SpAttack. Now I'm getting rubbish rolls.

L.O.R.D

all the vivillon , and shiny one too
they got most of my legendary from the GTS
but good thing i have duplicates of all my legendary

BQwewRb.jpg

msfBagW.jpg

Yrael

^ Congrats on the Vivillons!

Congrats, Yrael!

I have one you can just straight up own if you'd like it.

Thank you for helping with the contest too! :)

Phew, after what feels like a billion eggs (the Eevee I was keeping in the Daycare along with Ditto went from level 1 to level 83 lol), I finally got the Eevee I was after - Shiny, Anticipation, 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread, Modest nature and in a Premier ball. I've EV trained it and turned it into a Sylveon. :) I also entered it in all the Master Rank contests, so now it has the Contest gleam on top of its Shiny sparkle. Yay! Only thing left now is to earn more ribbons for it, particularly for beating the E4.

I called it Oberon:

(Now, am I crazy enough to keep going for more shiny Eevees until I have enough for a full set...?)

I think we both know that you are.

Congrats! That Sylveon looks great. I really like Sylveon since I had it on my team in X. Still working on a good team setup in AS, though. I've got a box filled with level 100 perfect Pokémon and a few breeding projects still lined up, so it's getting hard to choose. :lol

Kinokou

^ Congrats on the Vivillons!

Thank you for helping with the contest too! :)

Phew, after what feels like a billion eggs (the Eevee I was keeping in the Daycare along with Ditto went from level 1 to level 83 lol), I finally got the Eevee I was after - Shiny, Anticipation, 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread, Modest nature and in a Premier ball. I've EV trained it and turned it into a Sylveon. :) I also entered it in all the Master Rank contests, so now it has the Contest gleam on top of its Shiny sparkle. Yay! Only thing left now is to earn more ribbons for it, particularly for beating the E4.

I called it Oberon:

(Now, am I crazy enough to keep going for more shiny Eevees until I have enough for a full set...?)

What is this? I haven't been able to find any videos of it.

ffdgh

Ooo didn't know there was a contest sparkle. Somewhat tempted to try contests since I do miss the pokestar studios sparkle.

Coins

Banned
So my wife got me omega ruby for xmas. I'm new to pokemon and it's a little overwhelming. It seems so simple on the surface but then I read a thread with pokemon veterans and the complexity is crazy. Where's a good place for me to start learning?

I called it Oberon:

(Double) Congrats!

I'm still hoping for my female HA HP Fire Eevee; starting to wonder just how low the odds are with one HP Fire parent and an almost HP Fire parent (one stat off).

Also, because I want to brag too...

00237.png

I've got a little lady who's interested in your Oberon : 3

Morokh

So my wife got me omega ruby for xmas. I'm new to pokemon and it's a little overwhelming. It seems so simple on the surface but then I read a thread with pokemon veterans and the complexity is crazy. Where's a good place for me to start learning?

All the confusing stuff you're reading about is post-game stuff at best, stop worrying about it, and just enjoy the 'story' it's quite simple and you'll pick-up some things along the way by yourself.

One word of advice, speak to every NPC you see, many of them make comments about the game's mechanics.

Muku

Just to toss it out there, if anyone has come across scrap campaign codes from trading/bartering/however through whatever means and needs the codes redeemed for Pokemon (remember, the codes on cards aren't what you need. You have to register for an account to input those codes to get the codes for the Pokemon.) -- Keldeo, Victini, or Shaymin -- I'm willing to help out if you need it. Just send me a PM.

Syntsui

Just finished the Delta Episode. It was really good, the best post content quest by far (considering that I have never played the 5th gen).

Thank God they improved Rayquaza catch rate to 45 and THANK ALL THE GODS Deoxys can be rebattled after otherwise it would be ridiculous to get one with good IVs and nature.

Coins

Banned
All the confusing stuff you're reading about is post-game stuff at best, stop worrying about it, and just enjoy the 'story' it's quite simple and you'll pick-up some things along the way by yourself.

One word of advice, speak to every NPC you see, many of them make comments about the game's mechanics.

Is the post game stuff in the game itself or is it online battling you're referring to?

LaNaranja

Welp I took y'alls advice and created a doubles team to get away from the sameness of 1v1. I just finished breeding these four monsters:

Sceptile - Unburden/Jolly/Persim Berry
252 Attack and Speed
-Drain Punch
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide

Jolteon - Volt Absorb/Timid/Wide Lens
252 Special Attack and Speed
-Helping Hand
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder
-Swagger

Snorlax - Thick Fat/Adamant/Assault Vest
252 Attack and Special Defense
-Retaliate
-Pursuit
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

Garchomp - Rough Skin/Jolly/Rocky Helmet
252 Attack and Speed
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Crunch

I just beat a team of Lugia, Mega Diancie, Cresselia, and Primal Kyogre with that team and it felt pretty good. Seeing Snorlax tank everything and barely lose any health is a thing of beauty. That said I should probably replace either Drain Punch or Dragon Claw with Acrobatics on Sceptile.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Just got a Calm Thundurus with 30,31/16,17/28,29/31/29/30,31 and HP Ice. Should I keep it? I've been SRing for a long time looking for a good one.

Top Bottom