• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Using Breloom for catching doesn't seem too ideal, I have a trusty, IV/EV trained level 100 Smeargle I raised in Diamond, helps if I need Thunder Wave for Insomnia or Mean Look or whatever, or stacking sleep moves to avoid running out of PP

A Simple Beam/Soak/False Swipe/Spore Smeargle should be able to catch pretty much anything, though there's an argument to be made for dropping Soak for Odor Sleuth and Spore for Dark Void instead.

Long time since I posted but my shiny drought is over! Just hatched a shiny buneary, another male to go with my one from X but I dont care.

Tiamant

For HP fire the last three IVs need to be even/odd/even. The best case scenario for you is that your IVs are 31/30/31/30/15/30 (though the first 3 could be some other combination of odds and evens). If you want to continue breeding, the best possible IVs for HP fire that you should be hoping for are 31/even/31/30/31/30 so keep that in mind when choosing your parents. Personally, I think you can do better.

I kept going and ended with 31/0/31/30/31/30 which is far better than I was expecting, thanks a lot!

L.O.R.D

soo beautiful

V3IGxyu.jpg

please excuse my potato quality
500+ SRs
i am speechless

Azuran

Banned
Just bred my first ever perfect Kangaskhan (I'm joining the OP club at last!) in a Safari Ball after spending hours trying to catch one in SS.

Feels good man. Now I perfectly know why people hunt down Pokemon in HGSS balls so much.

Letep

When you get a new badge, does the power associated with it (i.e., stone badge, cut) automatically begin use? I can't seem to find where to activate these powers.

I'm two badges in. Forgive my naivety.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
When you get a new badge, does the power associated with it (i.e., stone badge, cut) automatically begin use? I can't seem to find where to activate these powers.

I'm two badges in. Forgive my naivety.
Do you have a Pokemon with the move Cut? The game will prompt you to use it if you interact with the correct object (tree), the badge and a Pokemon with the move. You can also select the HM by selecting the Pokemon through the Pokemon Submenu (Click the CD for shorter access).

Letep

Do you have a Pokemon with the move Cut? The game will prompt you to use it if you interact with the correct object (tree), the badge and a Pokemon with the move. You can also select the HM by selecting the Pokemon through the Pokemon Submenu (Click the CD for shorter access).

Ah, ok. I'll try that.

When I access the HM/TM menu, all I see are the battle moves I think. Such as Rock Tomb.

MicH

Good lord. Playing against someone who is Hyper Beam spamming with Greninja and spamming Rck Slide with Landorus. So far he has flinched one or both of my Pokemon EVERY time :(

Still winning though :lol

For a challenge, I'm trying to breed a flawless Feebas from scratch. No RNG'd Dittos or anything.

Ffff... this is harder than I thought, especially without Ditto friend safaris.

I found a 3 star Feebas a few moments ago, but the bugger ran out before I even saw it.

Right now I'm stuck with three females with Oblivious, junk nature (even with a Synchroniser) and 2 stars.

Urge to go back to 6 IV Dittos rising... Nah, I can do it!

For a challenge, I'm trying to breed a flawless Feebas from scratch. No RNG'd Dittos or anything.

I found a 3 star Feebas a few moments ago, but the bugger ran out before I even saw it.

Right now I'm stuck with three females with Oblivious, junk nature (even with a Synchroniser) and 2 stars.

Its relatively easy to get totally legit 4 IV Dittos using DexNav and chaining on the Mirage Islands/Caves that have Ditto. Its really easy to get 6 Dittos with 1 IV each that you can chain breed with too.

Its relatively easy to get totally legit 4 IV Dittos using DexNav and chaining on the Mirage Islands/Caves that have Ditto. Its really easy to get 6 Dittos with 1 IV each that you can chain breed with too.

Thanks, but there weren't any of those Mirage Spots when I was looking today.

I will be keeping my eye out for them, as I can imagine grass Pokemon are easier to catch that the water ones >___<

I guess you can do : Sr Cosplay Chu>water/electric> feebas ?

MicH

Just beat a 1,733 point player on Battle Spot doubles. Pretty happy with how things are going and I think I'm ready for the GAF tournament :D

backlot

I have a question.

What makes ''Mirror Move'' and ''Me First'' bad moves? They sound great in theory.

They don't have priority for one thing so you have to be pretty fast to make use of them. You also have to hope that the move your opponent is using is also worth attacking them with. You don't want to end up hitting a Hydreigon with Dark Pulse for example. Most Pokemon just have better, more reliable move choices than Mirror Move or Me First.

Azuran

Banned
I'm actually winning games by running a Naughty Talonflame with Brave Bird/Will-O-Wish/Tailwind/Protect on my team. I swear no one expects me sacrificing Flare Blitz for the burn.

This bird is the best.

They don't have priority for one thing so you have to be pretty fast to make use of them. You also have to hope that the move your opponent is using is also worth attacking them with. You don't want to end up hitting a Hydreigon with Dark Pulse for example. Most Pokemon just have better, more reliable move choices than Mirror Move or Me First.

Mirror Move still works if you go second but doesn't do 1.5x damage like Me First does. But as you say the main disadvantage is there's a really good chance that they resist whatever they hit you with (and if you're using Mirror Move with a lower speed you have to survive the hit to Mirror it too).

Cool, one of my 2 star Feebas had 3 perfect IVs.

Pretty sure I didn't catch any 3 star ones, so I assume the stars just force a fixed IV and you can still roll perfect IVs afterwards.

Now to breed them and hopefully not weep : P

MicH

Trying to breed a HA Poliwag and it's making me pull my hair out. I have two 5IV Pokemon in the daycare, yet the breed keeps getting the wrong ability and IVs. I get like 2 HA ones a batch :( I usually have great luck with this, but ugh.. Damn you Poliwag!

Now give me a shiny

Thanks. Another question, is there a comprehensive list of changes from gen 5 to gen 6.

And by that I mean, things like moves having different base damage, abilities and items reworked etc.. I know special moves got nerved but that's pretty much it.

Trying to breed a HA Poliwag and it's making me pull my hair out. I have two 5IV Pokemon in the daycare, yet the breed keeps getting the wrong ability and IVs. I get like 2 HA ones a batch :( I usually have great luck with this, but ugh.. Damn you Poliwag!

Now give me a shiny

Haha, I'm glad I don't care for Feebas's HA.

I'm almost too scared to go back to the Battle Resort to continue for that female HA HP Fire Eevee for that reason.

Woohoo, a female! Ffff... wrong ability.

Top Bottom