• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Muku

The NeoGAF winner of the Shaymin giveaway was Yrael!

The ID to match was 45012.

There were 28 entries and 5 people matched the last number (2), which meant a very crowed tie-breaker.

Congrats, Yrael!

Would any of you guys be willing to lend me a Thundurus for a day or so? I'll give it right back, but I've got Omega, so I need it to catch Landorus. Trying to get a pretty decent one, so I might have it a couple of days, but I'll definitely return it as soon as I'm done.

I've got a few 5IV's that I've bred that I'd be willing to trade for your time as well.

I have one you can just straight up own if you'd like it.

backlot

Just for the record its actually easier to get 6 x 31 than 5 x 31 and 1x 0, assuming you're breeding from two 5x 31 IV parents using Destiny Knot, who don't have a 0 IV in the appropriate stat themselves. In addition to having a 1/32 chance of getting the value you want there's only a 1/6 chance of getting it in the right slot, because the order matters.

Of course it's more difficult if neither parent has a 0 speed IV. You can make anything more difficult if you assume the person is handicapping themselves. Just make sure at least one parent has a 0 speed IV and four 31s.

Was trying to breed 31/31/31/31/31/0 and got 31/31/31/31/31/31 :(

Atleast there's a silver lining in getting a perfect max IV poke lol.

So I've finally got my whole team bred. I thought getting ready for the GAF tourny was going to be more stressful, but this is piss.

upandaway

Carvanha's a good addition since Sharpedo is amazing to surf and dive with

You'll also need an HM slave and a Pokemon that knows Fly
Yeah I'm gunning for that Carvanha as soon as I see one. Also went back to the forest and saw a Shroomish, so I've got something going now.

Firestorm

I have a tournament in about 13 hours and still need to EV everything. Transferring over all the stuff that I already got is really annoying though. Keep forgetting things I need to bring over. Going over to Y for what seems like the millionth time to get Sweet Scent now...

backlot

I have a tournament in about 13 hours and still need to EV everything. Transferring over all the stuff that I already got is really annoying though. Keep forgetting things I need to bring over. Going over to Y for what seems like the millionth time to get Sweet Scent now...

I had a "toolbox" of Pokemon that I just moved in bulk straight from Y to AS. Pokemon Bank is actually pretty handy for this sort of thing.

I had a "toolbox" of Pokemon that I just moved in bulk straight from Y to AS. Pokemon Bank is actually pretty handy for this sort of thing.

Yeah, I'm planning to breed a set of pokemon for general use. Synchronizers for every nature worth a damn, suction cups, compound eyes, dittos, HM slaves, etc. and just transfer them in bulk every game.

The whole Kyogre bit in the Cave of Origins was pretty cool. A bit silly for the use of the Aqua Suit though.

It also felt pretty satisfying to OHKO it with a Thunder from a Mega Manectric.

Azuran

Banned
Le RNG has truly blessed me today. I got 5 of my VGC Pokemon breed with perfect stats after a day of hard work. Now I just need to decided on my last one (which knowing my luck, I'll probably never use), EV train and I'm set for now.

Thank you Arceus!

bydefault2015-01-03at31019am_zpsb434cbde.jpg

Finally done!
It took me 60 hours(!) but I've been putting together a living dex whilst playing.
I'm up to about 650 now with all the hard ones left to get, prepare yourself for many requests GAF! :)

Mr Swine

Banned
wow, i. playing Alpha Sapphire and its better tnah X & Y. and the Dex Nav pokesearch is craaazy. just caught a lvl 18 pokemon in a lvl 8 area with a lvl 12 pokemon, that is nuts!

LaNaranja

Man, I finally played some unranked matches online right now after beating the Delta episode and was profoundly disappointed by what I saw. Nothing but Talonflames and legondaries as far as the eye could see. The first few matches ended the same, I was winning only for Talonflame to come and sweep the team. This meant that I had to use my Golem whenever the opposing person has that damn bird to set up pebbles but then I am only left with two Pokemon I want to use. And then when Talonflame comes out after pebbles it is a guaranteed double KO unless I put in something that can withstand brave bird but then that is two slots I am wasting to combat one Pokemon. I have a ton of Pokemon I love to use like Machamp, Pikachu, and Hitmonchan but in a 3v3 situation where the opponent has Talonfame I am unable to use any of them.

When is Game Freak going to allow 6v6 battles with randoms? 3v3 doesn't allow for enough variety or room for comebacks and Talonflame being as broken as it is means I have to put in a counter for it or my team will get swept.

spiritfox

Play Doubles. Game is balanced for that. Also, play ranked if you want actual battles. Unranked is for people to show off their legendaries.

Axiom

I just got the New 3DS for my birthday (my first 3DS) and Omega Ruby is my first Pokemon game since Leaf Green (and that was stolen a few days after I got it).

I've been really enjoying it so far, but have not tackled the Elite 4.

But I must say it is weird to have EVs not be this completely unacknowledged thing by the games themselves, and the idea that you can retrain your EVs in the game itself makes me think that in another decade they'll be throwing an actual Smogon University in game.

I think I'm getting the hang of it again, though I was never competitive since I liked to use favourites like Porygon2, Misdreavus and Politoed. and while it was a bit disappointing to not see many new Pokemon for most of the game, opening up the National Dex has helped quite a bit.

However, is there any point to revisiting what games missed? Remakes are remakes, but I've heard talk of Pokegods and frankly the idea of a direct sequel within a generation is intriguing. There's also X/Y, where I'd kind of wanted to wait for a 'Z' version, but that doesn't seem like it's going to show up.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Friend code: 1134-9713-6430

Also, I have a spare mudkip for trade if anyone has something to trade for it? I'm after any of the starts besides Mudkip and Cyndaquil

Wichu

I just got the New 3DS for my birthday (my first 3DS) and Omega Ruby is my first Pokemon game since Leaf Green (and that was stolen a few days after I got it).

I've been really enjoying it so far, but have not tackled the Elite 4.

But I must say it is weird to have EVs not be this completely unacknowledged thing by the games themselves, and the idea that you can retrain your EVs in the game itself makes me think that in another decade they'll be throwing an actual Smogon University in game.

I think I'm getting the hang of it again, though I was never competitive since I liked to use favourites like Porygon2, Misdreavus and Politoed. and while it was a bit disappointing to not see many new Pokemon for most of the game, opening up the National Dex has helped quite a bit.

However, is there any point to revisiting what games missed? Remakes are remakes, but I've heard talk of Pokegods and frankly the idea of a direct sequel within a generation is intriguing. There's also X/Y, where I'd kind of wanted to wait for a 'Z' version, but that doesn't seem like it's going to show up.

Porygon2 and Politoed are competitively viable now. Misdreavus... still isn't (though it does have an evolution).

Pretty sure we're going to get some sort of Z version, considering X/Y had a third legendary Pokémon that's just begging for something fun to be done with it.

I have one you can just straight up own if you'd like it.

Quick shout out to Muku for being awesome and providing a free Thundurus. I still feel like crap that I didn't have anything good to trade for it, but I'll pay you back one day hopefully.

The second Landorus I ran into had an IV spread of: 27/31/31/X/31/31

What did I do? "Naw man, you need to keep looking for a 5IV perfect."

I felt like an idiot as SOON as I reset the 3DS. After 4+ hours of trying, I've not even gotten close to one as good as that. Sigh, live and learn.

Toxi

Banned
The amount of crap you need to do to get some legendaries is bull whe. You become champion they shod be all in there caves ready to battle and capture
Most of them are pretty easy. The only ones that are a real pain are Cressalia (Because it's random) and the ones that require you to have both version exclusive legendaries (
Giratina, Kyurem, Landorus
).

Crayolan

High Jump Kick is great. Never misses except when it's absolutely crucial that it hits, and always misses twice in row when it does.

I'm trying to get into the breeding scene. So can anyone easily explain to me what I have to do to get decent poke mins and what kind of IVs I should be going for? I'm starting from scratch here

I'm trying to get into the breeding scene. So can anyone easily explain to me what I have to do to get decent poke mins and what kind of IVs I should be going for? I'm starting from scratch here

Here are your steps:

Get 6 IV Ditto.
Get female pokemon with ability/pokeball of the species that you want to breed. Give 6 IV ditto Destiny Knot.

Once you have this:
1) Breed your female with a male of the same egg group that has the nature you want. Ditto also works. Give the pokemon with the desirable nature a Everstone.

2) Choose egg moves you want, get a male pokemon in the same egg group as your desired offspring with the eggmove and breed. Repeat until you have all the eggmoves you want. Remember to give your everstone to your female to continue to pass the nature.

3) breed female with nature + egg moves + ability + pokeball with your 6 IV ditto. Ditto has destiny knot, female has everstone.

4) hope.

Macka

You should be able to get a 6IV Ditto quite easily on reddit.com/r/breedingdittos.

By 6IV we mean it has a perfect 31 in each of the six stats.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
BLARJNNFKSFBSHJBF

I was well on my way on making a 0 speed IV mon and then I dropped the 3ds and yeaaaaaahhhh card error.

Top Bottom