• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

So like the 50 or so new Pokemon you can find after getting the National Pokedex are DexNav exclusive?

Why couldn't you have saved this until after I beat the Elite 4 so I could ignore it. :E

I don't think I even want to do this anymore since this is going to be such a big waste of time.

ivysaur12

Banned
Hey guys,

Looking to do a trade-trade back for 7 Pokemon:

Clamperl x2
Electabuzz
Haunter
Seadra
Rhyhorn
Dusclops

Don't really care what you trade in return, but anything weird or cool (or like, strange legendaries to help me fill my national dex) would be appreciated. But even helping out would be great.

My FC is 3540 - 0044 - 0952

Morokh

Is the post game stuff in the game itself or is it online battling you're referring to?

Mostly breeding for competitive play, and battling, that's where things get complicated.
Nothing of that is required to enjoy, or succeed in the game itself.

Firestorm

Phew, after what feels like a billion eggs (the Eevee I was keeping in the Daycare along with Ditto went from level 1 to level 83 lol), I finally got the Eevee I was after - Shiny, Anticipation, 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread, Modest nature and in a Premier ball. I've EV trained it and turned it into a Sylveon. :) I also entered it in all the Master Rank contests, so now it has the Contest gleam on top of its Shiny sparkle. Yay! Only thing left now is to earn more ribbons for it, particularly for beating the E4.

I called it Oberon:

(Now, am I crazy enough to keep going for more shiny Eevees until I have enough for a full set...?)
Ooooh does contest gleam stack on top of shiny sparkle? In BW2 Pokestar and shiny didn't stack :( My Pokemon were stars :3

JoeM86

Plotting out my VGC '15 teams. Got some evil strategies on paper here. Bwahahaha

Just need to get breeding and get testing

Wow, it has been a while. Finally got back from vacation, but at least I managed to get my national dex complete while I was there. Now it is time to breed and SR, again.

Syntsui

This homepass thing is really troublesome, I've been trying to setup the network the whole day but it just don't work.

I got the nintendo zone icon to blink, but when I close the 3DS it just don't get the green notification at all. I'm almost giving up on the Eon Ticket.

KtSlime

Almost finished with my national dex, but caves are very infuriating. Everytime the right Pokemon is discovered a golbat jumps out in front of me and the Pokemon I need disappears.

Hey guys,

Looking to do a trade-trade back for 7 Pokemon:

Clamperl x2
Electabuzz
Haunter
Seadra
Rhyhorn
Dusclops

Don't really care what you trade in return, but anything weird or cool (or like, strange legendaries to help me fill my national dex) would be appreciated. But even helping out would be great.

My FC is 3540 - 0044 - 0952

Still need help, ivy? I can do it the next few nights, after 7p central time.

This homepass thing is really troublesome, I've been trying to setup the network the whole day but it just don't work.

I got the nintendo zone icon to blink, but when I close the 3DS it just don't get the green notification at all. I'm almost giving up on the Eon Ticket.

Mac or Pc? I know Mac, but not PC. I had the same problem. Basically, my SSID was correct, but I wasn't getting out thru the connection. You might want to check out the Streetpass thread.

Azuran

Banned
lol, I just annihilated Evelyn worse than the first Youngster you battle in this game. That surf spamming Lumineon pretty much handed me the battle on a silver platter.

I guess there's no standards for becoming a Chatelaine because I was expecting her to be just a little bit tougher >.>

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
lol, I just annihilated Evelyn worse than the first Youngster you battle in this game. That surf spamming Lumineon pretty much handed me the battle on a silver platter.

I guess there's no standards for becoming a Chatelaine because I was expecting her to be just a little bit tougher >.>
Being a cutie is.

Syntsui

Still need help, ivy? I can do it the next few nights, after 7p central time.

Mac or Pc? I know Mac, but not PC. I had the same problem. Basically, my SSID was correct, but I wasn't getting out thru the connection. You might want to check out the Streetpass thread.
PC, I will check this thread, thanks.

Yrael

(Double) Congrats!

I'm still hoping for my female HA HP Fire Eevee; starting to wonder just how low the odds are with one HP Fire parent and an almost HP Fire parent (one stat off).

Also, because I want to brag too...

00237.png

I've got a little lady who's interested in your Oberon : 3

Ooooh, cool! Mine's pretty similar - it's the Choice Specs Sylveon listed on the Smogon X/Y page but with Baton Pass rather than Hidden Power (Hyper Voice / Psyshock / Shadow Ball / Baton Pass).

At least, that's what I have planned anyway...for the moment it still has Wish, because that's the egg move I bred it with. I'm also considering something like this as an option:

Pixie Plate
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Decisions!

Ooooh does contest gleam stack on top of shiny sparkle? In BW2 Pokestar and shiny didn't stack :( My Pokemon were stars :3

Yes it does! :D This is what it looks like when you have a Shiny pokemon that has the Contest Master ribbon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWny_6dEBXo

This is the contest gleam by itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMChmgF0G-Q

Muku

The side effect of restarting games over and over, you tend to stop paying attention to what you're doing, haha! I started a new game to redeem a Shaymin. Chose Mudkip and accidentally said yes to naming it, somehow named it ! while tapping screen. Just !. So now I send it out and I say "Go !!" One of those amusing moments I suppose while farming stuff.

woen

I just tried to finish the Mauville Sea quest in order to have the Legendary in it. I searched for the Scanner, found it, then returned to the Captain in Slateportcity...but I forgot to spoke to his friend on the ship, so I returned there, talked to his friend who said I have to go to his boss....and the Captain has the same line of dialogue. I did it again, same.

Did I run into some kind of bug ? It is known ? Thanks

MicH

Does anyone have a Fletching with Tailwind and Quick Guard?

I just tried to finish the Mauville Sea quest in order to have the Legendary in it. I searched for the Scanner, found it, then returned to the Captain in Slateportcity...but I forgot to spoke to his friend on the ship, so I returned there, talked to his friend who said I have to go to his boss....and the Captain has the same line of dialogue. I did it again, same.

Have you battled Groudon/Kyogre yet?

JoeM86

Think you spoke to the wrong person. Speak to the guy in the harbour :)

MicH

Yup, I have some I bred for VGC last year.
Awww yesssssss, are you looking for anything in particular? I have some Wide Guard Honedge, Sucker Punch Pawniard, HP Ice (might not be flawless but should have HP Ice) and some more stuff I can't remember off the top of my head

Awww yesssssss, are you looking for anything in particular? I have some Wide Guard Honedge, Sucker Punch Pawniard, HP Ice (might not be flawless but should have HP Ice) and some more stuff I can't remember off the top of my head
Actually, I have shinies of both XD

I'll just take anything that isn't those two then.

Let's see... I believe I still have you added; in fact did I see you online a few days ago?

MicH

Actually, I have shinies of both XD

I'll just take anything that isn't those two then.

Let's see... I believe I still have you added; in fact did I see you online a few days ago?
I think so. Let me check real quick

EDIT Yeah we're definitely friends. I'll be online for a bit.

EDIT2: Thank you so much! hope you can use the Chespin :p if not, I also have a few Adaptability Toxic spikes Skrelp left

Tiamant

So after days of breeding I've got a Modest, Magnet Pull, Fire HP Magnemite that's 31/31/31/31/16/31, should I be happy with this?

WarAdept

Here I am, quietly enjoying levelling my Breloom as my go to weaken and capture Pokemon and only until it reaches level 70 that I go:

"Hang on. Why hasn't it learnt Spore yet?"

Fucking. Shroomish.

Also Groudon, you're frozen and on 1HP. Stop shaking out of the Premier Ball.

backlot

Iv calculator says 14-16 and the rest are 30-31, I ran out of candies so I cant tell for sure if all are 31.

For HP fire the last three IVs need to be even/odd/even. The best case scenario for you is that your IVs are 31/30/31/30/15/30 (though the first 3 could be some other combination of odds and evens). If you want to continue breeding, the best possible IVs for HP fire that you should be hoping for are 31/even/31/30/31/30 so keep that in mind when choosing your parents. Personally, I think you can do better.

I thought it was common knowledge that Gamefreak's a troll and only Shroomish learns Spore at like the 40s.

I just wish I didn't raise an Effect Spore one since I'm absolutely terrified they'll wake up at 1 HP, hit me and get poisoned.

god after getting thrashed so many times on battle spot i can't tell if my team sucks or if my playing sucks. I mean I was winning on showdown, but once I built my team in game the losses started crashing down haha

upandaway

I thought it was common knowledge that Gamefreak's a troll and only Shroomish learns Spore at like the 40s.

I just wish I didn't raise an Effect Spore one since I'm absolutely terrified they'll wake up at 1 HP, hit me and get poisoned.
Using Breloom for catching doesn't seem too ideal, I have a trusty, IV/EV trained level 100 Smeargle I raised in Diamond, helps if I need Thunder Wave for Insomnia or Mean Look or whatever, or stacking sleep moves to avoid running out of PP

Using Breloom for catching doesn't seem too ideal, I have a trusty, IV/EV trained level 100 Smeargle I raised in Diamond, helps if I need Thunder Wave for Insomnia or Mean Look or whatever, or stacking sleep moves to avoid running out of PP

Sounds all fine and dandy but considering all the effort it took for me for Breloom was catching a Shroomish and giving it an Everstone I'm fine with it.

Top Bottom