• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I'm so grateful I don't need to hunt for Legendaries anymore. I still have several to catch in AS (and a few in my reset X game), but since I own all of them already I don't need to do it for dex purposes.

Muku

If you guys need any help with legendaries, I tend to keep an extra set around from GTS trading. Not event ones, but the birds, dogs, dijinn, etc.

If you guys need any help with legendaries, I tend to keep an extra set around from GTS trading. Not event ones, but the birds, dogs, dijinn, etc.

Thanks, I do have access to everything I'm just being a lazy doof basically so I'll probably do it properly eventually.

You can abuse Buzz nav by not saving after you get your Islands (from connecting to the Internet), you just keep soft resetting until the Island you want appears. Problem is I hate using the Dexnav where Ditto is in this game; caves are terrible in general and the grass one has tiny patches.

Alright, I have to do this now.

I'm making a video about Pokemon breeding and there's an ugly gap where I'm supposed to be finding a Ditto DX

Kinokou

All right, I'll put you down for one once I get around to breeding it. Send me a request when you have it, IGN is Kenny.

rn5Qvby.png

I'll make it my next project.

EDIT: I need to go eat, I'll be back in half an hour or so.

Did you make this in excel? It looks so neat! Care to share the secret?

Syntsui

Just got a barely perfect Thundurus on my first try.

Timid, Hp ice, 31/11/31/31/31/21. The speed is a shame, but there is no way in hell I would have reseted. That is a dam fine Thundurus by all means =)

Did you make this in excel? It looks so neat! Care to share the secret?

Word, actually. I originally had a very basic list, but just started expanding on it and it eventually turned into what it is now.

Only issue I have with it is that I don't know how to make all the Pokémon grids equal in size, Excel would be better for that. So right now it's sometimes a bit disorganized.

XOrLW2m.png

It's basically just a basic table in Word 2013 with one of the basic table styles slapped over it. :p

If you want, I can email you the base template with colors for all the types I'm using.

Been a long day, it feels like. Thanks to those Japanese Secret Bases that have Blisseys, and the Level Release, my LeafGreen team is entering the 90s, and is geared to be my second team to reach LV 100. Meanwhile, I've been breeding starters through the Battle Resort Daycare, and now I have one of all of those.

Muku

I almost bought a copy of AS to reset for more Beldums.

Haha. Fortunately I reset for a Jolly in AS since I'm actually using it there. But since I've reset so many times on my JPN AS farming Serperior's and Shaymin for folks, I've got almost 20 extras lying around, bwa haha. Only a few I bothered to get at a good nature, before farming and all got kind of crazy. Unfortunately, because I had to bank them they lost their stone. Ah well.

Macka

So...does anyone know the actual odds of encountering a legendary with IV's of 30/31 in the five desired stats, considering 3 are locked at 31? And factoring in the 50% synchronize rate?

I tried but I suck at maths. :/

Christopher

Dex Nav chaining is fun. Hopefully, it doesn't get cut from subsequent games.

Which is something I don't understand don't cut features add/improve them.

The contests could have been a big alternative to "8 badges blah blah"
Customizing your trianer...how on earth is this cut??
Special Apricon Pokeballs could have still been around/scattered ways to get them

I just always like the expansion of great ideas not cutting them - DexNavi is awesome.

TomShoe

Banned
Bye Greninja, apparently nobody is going to miss you

Don't try to understand Game Freak, you'll just hurt yourself

I will not miss him one bit. With it's crazy speed and ridiculous movepool + Protean, Greninja is just a complete cancer for teambuilding. If your 'mon is weak to one of it's moves and doesn't outspeed it, you're dead. If your whole team is weak to it, don't even bother. This Pokemon basically turns teambuilding into Rock-Paper-Scissors; if Greninja has x move, you have a chance, if Greninja has y move, you lose. No, using stupid checks like Tentacruel shouldn't be necessary when putting together a team.

Rest in pepperonis Narutoad. OU will be better with you gone.

im-not-even-going-to-wait-to-dance-on-your-grave-60055.gif

I'll be the first to dance on your grave
____:^)____
I'll take out the gif if it's offensive

So...does anyone know the actual odds of encountering a legendary with IV's of 30/31 in the five desired stats, considering 3 are locked at 31? And factoring in the 50% synchronize rate?

I tried but I suck at maths. :/

I think this is right but its been a while since I had to do something this complex:

There's 3 guaranteed 31s, you have a 2/32 chance of getting the desired value for the other two stats and and a 50% synch rate that's 0.1953125%.

Next its easier to work backwards, whats the chance of one of the stats you want to be 30/31 being in the wrong slot. Firstly there's a 2/32 chance that the order doesn't matter (6th stat is also 30/31). The other 30/32 times there's a 5/6 chance that this number doesn't end up in the stat you want it, so that's a 78.125% chance its in the wrong place, which means there's a 21.875% chance it's in the right place.

Multipying 0.21875 by 0.001953125 we end up with 0.042724609375% (or ~ 1/2341).

Rarutos

I'm going soooooo slowly through the game. I blame DexNav, since that took probably more than half of the hours of my time with the game. I can usually beat Pokémon games pretty quickly, too... I should just move through the story already, lol.

1/3972 for 31x5 in the stats you need with right nature btw

I'm getting a much much smaller number (there's a 1 in 2048 chance that you get 5x31 and the right nature, but there's still an almost 5/6 chance that the remaining stat is in the wrong place so I'm getting ~1 in 10 000) so one of us is doing something wrong (possibly me, I might be doing something wrong with regard to permutations vs combinations) would you mind showing your working ?

Kinokou

So is Greninja going to be top threat tier in the VGC since ORAS apparently broke it or is it easy peasy to deal with it in doubles?

Bladelaw

Haha. Fortunately I reset for a Jolly in AS since I'm actually using it there. But since I've reset so many times on my JPN AS farming Serperior's and Shaymin for folks, I've got almost 20 extras lying around, bwa haha. Only a few I bothered to get at a good nature, before farming and all got kind of crazy. Unfortunately, because I had to bank them they lost their stone. Ah well.

What would you like for a shaymin? It's one of three mythicals I'm missing, Manaphy, and Jirachi being the other two.

Mine's Jolly too, with 31 in HP. I'd love to use him, but it's hard to justify when I have a perfectly good 5IV Metagross ass-kicker as well. :p

KtSlime

Wait what... we can use the code with western versions?

You can play the Japanese cart in English, which is likely what L.O.R.D is doing.

Looks like I'm heading to WHF this year.

I normally work on Sunday's, but the building where my office is is closed for repairs on the 25th. Gonna get me some Shiny Rayquaza's since my day opened up.

suikodan

I have several extra event Pokemon to trade like Meloetta and Genesect.

I'd be looking for event Shaymin, Darkrai or Arceus.

PM please

I'm currently building a living Pokedex, I'm really not sure how far I'll go but I'm confident ;)

In addition to the above comment, L.O.R.D. mentioned asking a friend with a Japanese copy of ORAS earlier in this thread... I think.

LOL. Is this the one that's been traded to nearly 10 different people?

Ah, how my children grow...

I think I am the sixth but I like Mamo, I think it will end with me.

Azuran

Banned
Just got this after 2 straight days of soft resetting:

Cresselia Bold 31/10-13/24-25/31/31/31
Stats: 195/72/150/95/150/105

Keeper or not? DEF could be a little bit better but I think I'm getting into greedy territory there. I'm mostly scared of Knock Off from Dark types hence why I want a little bit more DEF. Here's a quick random calculation:

252+ Atk Choice Band Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 174-206 (76.6 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

She will always get 2HKO even with 31IV and 252 DEF so I'm leaning towards keeping it at the moment, but I'm worried that I'm forgetting some other threats out there. Tyranitar and Talonflame will just destroy her no matter what so I'm completely ignoring them.

This game causes me more stress than school or work D:

Frost_Ace

Anyone here has a Contrary Snivy/Serperior they are willing to part with? I have some HA Lileeps with egg moves (recover/stealth rock/mirror coat/barrier).

Top Bottom