• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I should check what HP my Snivy has, but I'm honestly too stubborn to even attempt at breeding for hidden powers. The IV RNG is ruthless enough as it is.

ffdgh

I should check what HP my Snivy has, but I'm honestly too stubborn to even attempt at breeding for hidden powers. The IV RNG is ruthless enough as it is.

It's not so bad. The RNG roulette gave me a perfect hp ground snivy while breeding for a shiny one...it'll never happen again >_>

Greninja got banned? I know it's pretty powerful but I wasn't expecting that... It just looks so out of place there

Congrats on being the second starter to be deemed competitively broken I guess

Azuran

Banned
Greninja got banned? I know it's pretty powerful but I wasn't expecting that... It just looks so out of place there

Congrats on being the second starter to be deemed competitively broken I guess

He was added to Smash for a reason after all. His coverage options are insane especially after getting Gunk Shot and Low Kick in ORAS. He's kinda impossible to wall.

Don't play singles anymore, but that's what I read as the main reasoning.

Firestorm

I'm getting a much much smaller number (there's a 1 in 2048 chance that you get 5x31 and the right nature, but there's still an almost 5/6 chance that the remaining stat is in the wrong place so I'm getting ~1 in 10 000) so one of us is doing something wrong (possibly me, I might be doing something wrong with regard to permutations vs combinations) would you mind showing your working ?
There's an argument about it here: http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topi...gendary-pokémon-in-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire/
So is Greninja going to be top threat tier in the VGC since ORAS apparently broke it or is it easy peasy to deal with it in doubles?
Not something you can entirely discount but not a great Pokemon overall.

L.O.R.D

Wait what... we can use the code with western versions?

its japanese version of the game

i got it from my friend , he don't need his 3DS right now

=====

i just found out you can get the 4th gen starters too in this game

XvYQcUL.jpg

pretty cool

entremet

How do you get this?

You can get all starters outside of Kanto and Kalos, which are in the XY games anyway.

It goes like this.

Get into Hall of Fame, go back to Oldale Town and go to the first Route, you'll have to save the Professor and you'll pick from one of the Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova Starters.

Beat the post game content.

Repeat the above

Beat the Elite 4 rematch

Repeat the above.

You may need to sleep in your house for the event to generate if you miss it. Not sure if they're shiny locked, but they don't have hidden abilities either.

MicH

Pretty sure you can get all the starters after the Delta Episode. Just go in and out of your house and thru shook trigger

Is it me or is Contrary Spinda completely useless outside of Doubles (Skill Swap) unless it has Superpower (which is a Dream World only move, that a) is no longer available and b) isn't inheritable) ?

Azuran

Banned
Is it me or is Contrary Spinda completely useless outside of Doubles (Skill Swap) unless it has Superpower (which is a Dream World only move, that a) is no longer available and b) isn't inheritable) ?

It's going to be okay when Mega Spinda (Normal/Dragon) is revealed and gets Draco Meteor while keeping Contrary.

Muku

What would you like for a shaymin? It's one of three mythicals I'm missing, Manaphy, and Jirachi being the other two.

I was farming Shaymin for someone else. Their codes, their Shaymin, sorry. :( Not that I am in possession of those said Shaymin anymore either. I have just helped folks redeem them. Some find a way to obtain the code, but you need a JPN 3DS to be able to redeem them, which is what I did for a couple of folks.

You can play the Japanese cart in English, which is likely what L.O.R.D is doing.

Looks like I'm heading to WHF this year.

I normally work on Sunday's, but the building where my office is is closed for repairs on the 25th. Gonna get me some Shiny Rayquaza's since my day opened up.

Nice! I'm tempted to head there as well. If I go, Sunday was going to be my choice as well.

Pretty sure you can get all the starters after the Delta Episode. Just go in and out of your house and thru shook trigger

I can confirm this. The guide even mentions that you have to beat the Elite Four so I enter my house to check if anything new happened. I leave the house and was forced onto the cut scene to pick out the starter.

and I wanted to reset for a female Chikorita/Snivy :(

After god knows how many eggs, a Chespin shiny!

With Overgrow. And 5 perfect IVs, except for Defense, in which he has less than 5 IVs.

EDIT: I soft reseted it, and lost the shiny. Fuck this trolling, first a Torrent Froakie shiny, now this. I bet that if I bred a Fennekin I would get Magician.

entremet

Oh snap, I found wild Eevees via DexNav. I know they were wild in XY, but with DexNav, as I upgrade the search level I could get some Hidden Ability ones.

Muku

Okay. Latias can seriously go burn in a fiery pit. Southern Islands should be a magical place. She is just making this place a living hell.

Looking for a Belue berry. Can trade almost any other berry. Anyone got a spare one?

You can get one by talking to the berry master's wife once a day and giving her her phrases (same phrases as in the original games), its guaranteed with the one where the response is SUPER HUSTLE . I've only got one and I believe it'd take about 2 days to grow more but if that's okay I'll do that for you. I'm only missing event and Battle Chateau berries though.

Hegarol

You can get one by talking to the berry master's wife once a day and giving her her phrases (same phrases as in the original games), its guaranteed with the one where the response is SUPER HUSTLE . I've only got one and I believe it'd take about 2 days to grow more but if that's okay I'll do that for you. I'm only missing event and Battle Chateau berries though.
Didn't knew that. I am fine then. Thanks for your help :)

Wondertrade is kinda shitty in ORAS.

I remember getting some gems in XY. But XY also has better Pokemon variety.
If I see another Wrumple, Zigzagoon w/Potion or dexnav Ralts with ridiculous moves (yeah Memento Ralts so OP*)...

*actually with synchronise ability it guarantees fainiting on turn 1 regardless of what opponent does so good for getting a fainted lead ready. I suppose Synchronoise is the true worse dex nav one (high base power be only hit Psychic and Fairy)

I only bother with wonder trade during wonder trade Wednesdays (check out various Pokemon twitch channels and remember the go is said in the chat, this avoids the video lag issue) but even then for a given box spent I tend to get about 9 things which are not immediate releases. I've gotten the occasional gem like Dream Ball Tropius (using Fly with this in ORAS is so great, shame I have to rebreed it because it has Pokerus immunity...it is the best Horde fighter in the game which takes up a single party slot because it has access to Fly, Sweet Scent, Earthquake and Razor Leaf)

I remember reading a gimmick strategy once that revolved around Assist and having your other Pokemon as a Smeargle with V-Create.

Muku

I assume the Pokemon streams are around different times, but is there around a good time to jump in? Problem I have is I think about it on my Wednesday then forget when it actually goes down. >< that and not knowing when so its not fresh in my mind. Only time I watched twitch was for Twitch Plays Pokemon Red. That was some epic shit.

Syntsui

It's so frustrating to catch a good Deoxys, motherfucker is too powerfull and pretty much OHKOs my lvl 100 Breloom all the time with Psycho Boost. It's good that he has a high catch rate, but it's been 20+ resets and no ATK/STAK/SPD IVs (while naive) yet =(.

I just discovered the Budew I got from GTS a couple of days ago was a shiny. Nice surprise. :lol

I should check if I don't have any more hidden away in my boxes anywhere.

That does seem pretty gimmicky given it means you have a team of 2 or 5 identical 1 move Smeargles to go with your Spinda.
It was Battle spot but also has superpower so is completely non-viable in any case so maybe calling it a gimmick gives it too much credit where one trick pony is more what it is.

It's so frustrating to catch a good Deoxys, motherfucker is too powerfull and pretty much OHKOs my lvl 100 Breloom all the time with Psycho Boost. It's good that he has a high catch rate, but it's been 20+ resets and no ATK/STAK/SPD IVs (while naive) yet =(.
You might like to try a lead Pokemon with Memento (Spiritomb is total cheese here as it is immune to both attacks Deoxys can do) although a critical will still kill and I recall that even at -4 I was still getting OHKOd.

With spreads and natures I seem to find that when you care and want them they hardly ever show up while when you don't care you'll get something great within 5 tries and be like "yeah I could have used that kind of luck yesterday when i spent several hours on this". From all this I can say I no longer look down on competitive players who catch things in Master Balls (but Ultra Balls? Yuck, you can easily get far catch rates than they offer too, well mainly repeat, timer and dusk) as it needs a lot of tries and they reduce each try greatly.
I feel a master ball is too precious to use on Deoxys though.

Forkball

Just beat Elite 4. Team was Swampert, Infernape, Volcarona, Breelom, Swellow, and SHINY METAGROSS. It was an epic Mega Metagross vs. Mega Metagross battle at the end. I really liked the Okinawan aesthetic of the E4.

Beat the E4 at 19 hours, I think this is my fastest time. I admittedly rushed through the game and I hear there's a lot of post-game stuff so I'm not quite finished yet...

Top Bottom