• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Yrael

Gah, I just lost in the Battle Maison - my opponent had only one Pokemon with 1 HP point left, and it was poisoned.

;_;

Edit: Damn it, my tale of woe is at the top of the page.

Hegarol

I'm fairly certain we won't get a new main game this year, but we'll see of it in the latter half
I really hope we will finally get another Ranger game this year. It is still the best spinoff imho. And IF there is no new main game there should be more spinoffs besides the pikachu detective game in 2015.

Forkball

Norman is a deadbeat.

Isn't there for his son when he starts his Pokemon journey.

Cancels a trip to see a meteor shower with his wife because he has to "work."

What would you like for a shaymin? It's one of three mythicals I'm missing, Manaphy, and Jirachi being the other two.

I have a spare Shaymin leftover from a giveaway.

By any chance do you have a spare legit Arceus? Not necessarily for the Shaymin; I have other stuff to trade too.

JoeM86

Started my "For fun" play of ORAS. I always do this a couple of months after covering a game. Went to Route 118 and thought "I've never used a Shedinja in-game before", so went to get a Nincada. Used DexNav and the first one was Adamant, 3 IV, Level 18 and with the Egg Move Feint Attack. Unfortunately, two of the IVs are useless for Shedinja...HP and Defense. I laughed.

I'm intrigued to see what they'll come up with.

No new mainline game this year gives me plenty of time to complete my Pokédex, build a Living Dex and breed more flawless 'mon, too.

Here's my logic behind it. A bit spoilery:

Hoopa Unbound

As you know, Hoopa is the star of the upcoming movie, due for release in July in Japan. Typically with these, when there is a star Pokémon they have another form/Mega Evolution revealed for the movie (as this will be) and that is then used with the "transfer your movie event Pokémon (Shaymin, Keldeo, Diancie, Shiny Beasts, Celebi etc.) to the game coming out this autumn to unlock something". However, since Hoopa Unbound is in ORAS's code, it makes me think that there won't be a game this autumn else they'd have done that.

Seriously, it's absurd.

Movie 9, Pokémon of the Ranger & the Temple of the Sea gave out a Manaphy mission to Pokémon Ranger, to be sent to Diamond & Pearl (released 2 months later) to unlock Manaphy
Movie 11, Giratina & The Sky Warrior gave out a Shaymin, which when sent to Platinum (released 2 months later), accessed its Sky Forme
Movie 12, Arceus & The Jewel of Life gave out a shiny Pichu, which when sent to HeartGold & SoulSilver (released 2 months later), accessed the Spiky-eared Pichu
Movie 13, Zoroark - Master of Illusions, gave out a shiny Johto beast, which when sent to Black & White (released 2 months later) unlocked Zoroark
Movie 13, Zoroark - Master of Illusions, gave out a Celebi, which when sent to Black & White (released 2 months later) unlocked Celebi
Movie 15, Kyurem & The Sword of Justice, gave out a Keldeo (as the pre-order present from April) which, when sent to Black 2 & White 2 ( released 2 months later) unlocked its Resolute Form
Movie 17, Diancie & The Cocoon of Destruction, gave out a Diancie which when sent to Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire (released 4 months later) gave access to Diancite and Mega Diancie

I could be wrong, there could be another thing with this movie or another Hoopa thing unlocked, but with Hoopa Unbound not revealed at the same time as Hoopa now, it makes me think otherwise.

Started my "For fun" play of ORAS. I always do this a couple of months after covering a game. Went to Route 118 and thought "I've never used a Shedinja in-game before", so went to get a Nincada. Used DexNav and the first one was Adamant, 3 IV, Level 18 and with the Egg Move Feint Attack. Unfortunately, two of the IVs are useless for Shedinja...HP and Defense. I laughed.

Here's my logic behind it. A bit spoilery:

Hoopa Unbound

As you know, Hoopa is the star of the upcoming movie, due for release in July in Japan. Typically with these, when there is a star Pokémon they have another form/Mega Evolution revealed for the movie (as this will be) and that is then used with the "transfer your movie event Pokémon (Shaymin, Keldeo, Diancie, Shiny Beasts, Celebi etc.) to the game coming out this autumn to unlock something". However, since Hoopa Unbound is in ORAS's code, it makes me think that there won't be a game this autumn else they'd have done that.

I could be wrong, there could be another thing with this movie or another Hoopa thing unlocked, but with Hoopa Unbound not revealed at the same time as Hoopa now, it makes me think otherwise.

Sounds cool.

I hope they do something with Zygarde's "hidden power", more specifically the two moves found in the game data: Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows.

Bladelaw

I have a spare Shaymin leftover from a giveaway.

By any chance do you have a spare legit Arceus? Not necessarily for the Shaymin; I have other stuff to trade too.

I don't have a spare Arceus but for mythicals I'd be willing to trade almost anything barring one offs. I have several versions of the legendary dogs and wouldn't mind trading a shiny one of those for Shaymin/Manaphy/Jirachi

Same with Shiny Palkia/Dialga/Giratina. In both cases I need to get them to the 3DS generation though as I grabbed them during the various Gamestop Giveaways.

In non-trading content I'm in the process of just catching everything catchable in OR. I'm done with 70% of the map according to AreaNav which is quickly becoming along with DexNav my favorite features in the game. Once I've caught everything I'll have no further excuse to start the process of HG-->Black/Black2/Y-->Bank-->OR to finally complete the livingdex sans shaymin, manaphy, and jirachi.

Anyone have any tips for speeding up the process?

entremet

Here's a full completion checklist for ORAS I got on Reddit if anyone is interested.
Very comprehensive and handy for tackling the rest of the postgame stuff.

http://imgur.com/a/n4eq5

The poster has full completion list going back to HG/SS as well. Some of the items are undoable in those due to the DS wifi connection being retired, though.

Here's a full completion checklist for ORAS I got on Reddit if anyone is interested.
Very comprehensive and handy for tackling the rest of the postgame stuff.

http://imgur.com/a/n4eq5

The poster has full completion list going back to HG/SS as well. Some of the items are undoable in those due to the DS wifi connection being retired, though.

Nice! Will print.

That is one terrible font, though.

Bladelaw

Is the Poké Contest fun? I haven'
t really been interested in anything resembling them in past games and haven't really stepped foot in the contest hall beyond grabbing the various items from the folks walking around. I traded over my Lucarionite from Y so there's nothing major for me to acquire here I'd just be doing it for fun, if it is fun.

Kinokou

Is the Poké Contest fun? I haven'
t really been interested in anything resembling them in past games and haven't really stepped foot in the contest hall beyond grabbing the various items from the folks walking around. I traded over my Lucarionite from Y so there's nothing major for me to acquire here I'd just be doing it for fun, if it is fun.

Somewhat. Since it builds on actually core game mechanics there can be some strategy involved and there are some nifty contest only animations\moves.
And there is a bit of story line involved with the contests.
Then you can take fun pictures of your Pokemon attacking a friend with the holographic mode.
And lastly you can earn a contest sparkle effect for your Pokemon.

one_kill

Took a break from Pokemon to play Smash
Planning to get back into it! I won't SR Zekrom, but I'm going to be breeding Gen 6 Pokemon wooooo

Yeah.

Kinda BS how Steelix's mega stone is Japanese exclusive. I will never understand Game Freak.
That's only for the demo

denx

Sorry for the newb questions (just got back into Pokemon with ORAS) but it's still possible to transfer Pokemon from the Gen IV to the Gen V games?

Also what exactly are Hidden Abilities? Can a Pokemon have both a regular Ability and a Hidden Ability simultaneously? Or just one or the other?

Sorry for the newb questions (just got back into Pokemon with ORAS) but it's still possible to transfer Pokemon from the Gen IV to the Gen V games?

Also what exactly are Hidden Abilities? Can a Pokemon have both a regular Ability and a Hidden Ability simultaneously? Or just one or the other?

Yup, because only the Gen V -> VI transfer requires internet its possible to transfer all the way from Gen III to VI at the moment, though it takes ages (III -> IV and IV-> V have stupid minigames which involve daily limits in one case and a fair chunk of time in the other, so I'd recommend only doing it for stuff that you can't get in otherways).

backlot

There is a mini game in the Gen 5 games to transfer Pokemon from Gen 4. It requires two DS/3DS systems though. You can find the transfer lab on the route to the left of Black City or White Forest.

Hidden Abilities are just extra abilities that are a bit harder to obtain. You can only have one ability though so it will either be a standard or hidden ability. An example of one would be the Contrary Serperior that was just distributed in Japan.

Are hacked Pokemon in Gen VI as well? I remember GF wanted to crack down on them. Is cloning still possible?

6th Gens has been hackable for a while now (about halfway through last year for Japan IIRC, and since November in English). Gamefreak have seriously cut down on how ridiculous the stuff that gets through is though (so no Pure Power Slakings anymore) so most of the stuff available on the GTS is at least sane looking.

Muku

6th Gens has been hackable for a while now (about halfway through last year for Japan IIRC, and since November in English). Gamefreak have seriously cut down on how ridiculous the stuff that gets through is though (so no Pure Power Slakings anymore) so most of the stuff available on the GTS is at least sane looking.

Have they cracked down on Pokemon being in Pokeballs they normally can't be in?

Christopher

My team I tried to use Hoenn only:

manectric
Guardivar
Salamance
Campurt
Milotic
Breloom

Pretty solid

Does anyone wanna trade for the ruby exclusives for the sapphire ones? I will never ever ever ever complete the national dex but the Hoeen one seems doable

one_kill

My team I tried to use Hoenn only:

manectric
Guardivar
Salamance
Campurt
Milotic
Breloom

Pretty solid

Does anyone wanna trade for the ruby exclusives for the sapphire ones? I will never ever ever ever complete the national dex but the Hoeen one seems doable
National Dex, excluding event legendaries, is easier to complete than ever
You should go for it

Muku

Not last I heard but that may have changed, they did another round of tweaking just before Christmas , and I haven't bothered to find out the details.

Ah okay. I kind of hope so. Haven't really done anything online in some time. Hope they can clean it up a bit.

On another note... how is Arceus pronounced? Is it Ar-see-us or Ark-eus?

Muku

from the mail sent from pokemon.com , its Ark-ee-us

www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?417676-arceus-official-pronunciation-your-not-gonna-like-it

some people before that used to say it "Ar-see-uss"

Cool. I've always called it Ark-ee-us, but, just actually watched a Pokemon X/Y LP video on YT
doing research, otherwise I never watch LPs
where guy called it "Ar-see-us" and I was like "WTF I didn't even think about calling it that way." Kind of reminds me of a pronunciation thingin the X/Y thread a while back.

Thank ya.

one_kill

Cool. I've always called it Ark-ee-us, but, just actually watched a Pokemon X/Y LP video on YT
doing research, otherwise I never watch LPs
where guy called it "Ar-see-us" and I was like "WTF I didn't even think about calling it that way." Kind of reminds me of a pronunciation thingin the X/Y thread a while back.

Thank ya.
I like "Ar-see-us" better
but "Ark-ee-us" does fit "Di-al-ga" and "Pal-ki-a" better

Muku

I like "Ar-see-us" better
but "Ark-ee-us" does fit "Di-al-ga" and "Pal-ki-a" better

True. I'd just never heard of it as Ar-see-us. I'd just never thought about saying that way before. It's always interesting to hear a way you don't say or never thought of.

I guess my problem at this point is I kind of break it down into parts as if it were Japanese in terms of sounds*. Maybe that's not a problem, maybe that's just living here so long. LOL

*to a degree. I wouldn't try to add a u at the end of something with an s.

Syntsui

I just caught Rayquaza and Deoxys with two Quick Balls. Now to figure out what to use my Master Ball on...

If you didn't use it on Kyogre already your best bet is Cresselia. If you don't care about IVs and Nature though, you shouldn't bother using it at all.

Muku

I just caught Rayquaza and Deoxys with two Quick Balls. Now to figure out what to use my Master Ball on...

Actually, that brings up a good point. No roamers this game, right? I guess maybe save it for a shiny Pokemon. Ones that are known to run *cough*Abra*cough*. Or I guess worse comes to worse the shiny legendary that won't stay in the other balls you've been throwing.

I'm gonna need to build up a collection of Evolutionary stones if I want to complete my Dex. What's the easiest way to get them?

Or would I be better off just trying to get the evolved 'mon off of GTS?

I'm gonna need to build up a collection of Evolutionary stones if I want to complete my Dex. What's the easiest way to get them?

Or would I be better off just trying to get the evolved 'mon off of GTS?

Either Super-Secret Base farming (tell your Pals to Pick up Stones, you can do this twice per day per pal, at Platinum Rank) and you can get ~17ish Potential Pals 3 times a day by connecting to the internet (1 connection every 8 hours) ) or Super-Training (the ones that aren't focused on increasing EVs). I'd probably recommend the Super Training myself, the Pals seem really heavily weighted to giving Everstones.

ETA - I have almost completed my HA Pokemon collection. In terms of things that aren't Unnerve Mewtwo all I'm missing now (assuming the trades I've arranged go through) are the following pokes with their HAs: Rattatta, Tauros,Heatmor,Patrat, Basculin (Blue-striped variant) . If anyone can help me out I can trade back bred HA Pokemon , that I do have (all the other ones) and/or Dreamball Females (most of which have HAs): https://www.dropbox.com/s/39vl8zxtvm9lqvm/Dreamball Female List.txt?dl=0 , I can DexNav Rattatta (once I'm no longer spending all my time breeding) but the others I need to trade for.

Top Bottom