• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

braves01

Banned
What's the difference between gold, silver, and bronze ribbons in dexnav? It says I caught everything, so why are the ribbons different?

so how easy is it to get Lugia,Palkia,and Thundurous via online trading as a breeder?
i have a 6IV spanish ditto so i can pump out high IV pokemon like magic

cafemomo

oh wow can't believe I was this oblivious all these years

i just realized now that the oceanic museum tune is the ss. anne tune

Hyunashi

so how easy is it to get Lugia,Palkia,and Thundurous via online trading as a breeder?

In XY I bred 6IV Mawiles and put them in the GTS and got those relatively fast. I even got a 6IV Shiny Lugia, but I am sure it was hacked.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Just started and they show the GBA intro
giphy.gif

-Horizon-

Forgot to say how lame it was that the whole zoom out when you read a sign thing doesn't apply to Rustboro :(
I'm beginning to think it only applied to the first few towns.

Velcro Fly

DexNav means I'm always going to want to catch everything

Time to cash in those 100 potions and buy some pokeballs :D

edit: lol Poochyena with Fire Fang. What am I supposed to do with something that OP. Killing all the Wurmple :(

Velcro Fly

Yeah sneaking up on pokemon with moves they normally wouldn't have is cool

Except when I get a Lotad with zero attack moves and I have to find/catch another one :(

I know I can piggyback but Teeter Dance and something else just seems sucky. I want to use Ludicolo too.

edit: nevermind it gets Absorb at 6! Was looking at X/Y level up moves and thought I didn't get absorb at all.

I still don't get contests, but the Cosplay Pikachu I got for doing it once has Lightning Rod, which would have been pretty exciting if I didn't already have that.

Trading online in general is a joke.

I know in XY you can quite literally trade a scatterbug for anything that GTS allows (everything but event mons)

Plus just ask around in GAF. There are a bunch of us who have full livingdexes, working on shinydexes and have the means of getting virtually every pokemon easily.

yami4ct

Just getting going now. I went Team Mudkip, since that's what I had originally and nostalgia is a hell of a drug. Liking the look a lot more than XY so far. As I said, nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Starting to think what I want to work on competitively and fearing the idea of getting a genie or Suicune with 5 or 6 perfect IVs. Think I'm going to have to trade for them and not ask where they came from, haha.

Ventara

So both copies came in the mail today, and I'm debating whether I should go Sapphire or Ruby, and I'm kinda leaning towards Sapphire because blue + alpha. The other one is gonna be my brother's Christmas gift. I wonder if I should give it to him now so that he'll finish it and I can take his legendaries.

Edit: Btw, is that experience share feature from X/Y in this game? Edit 2: Yes it is.

Panzon

Guys I can't stress enough how much more fun the game seems to be with exp sharing turned off. My highest level pokemon is marshtomp at the moment and he's at level 16. The rest of the party is in between with the lowest level being Shroomish at level 10.

Try it out if you're not already playing that way and if you dont wanna just steam roll through every trainer. Im up to Slateport city and just found
Alakazite

I love the Global Link. Gotten myself a Dawn Stone and Shiny Stone. Gonna make myself a Gallade soon. Won't make a Roserade yet though, need some moves from my Roselia first.

edit: OOOH, a machop with Rolling Kick egg move and Steadfast HA via dexnav

taoofjord

So I'm newish to Pokemon and really enjoyed the 10 or so hours I played of Pokemon X and was thinking of getting back into it. Now that this just came out I'm wondering if I should grab this instead. Any recommendation? Also, are the new Pokemon from X and Y in OR and AS? I love their designs.

Guys I can't stress enough how much more fun the game seems to be with exp sharing turned off. My highest level pokemon is marshtomp at the moment and he's at level 16. The rest of the party is in between with the lowest level being Shroomish at level 10.

Try it out if you're not already playing that way and if you dont wanna just steam roll through every trainer. Im up to Slateport city and just found
Alakazite

i cant be assed to grind
ive got a 4 game Pokemarathon to do after i beat Omega Ruby till Christmas

I like having exp share so I'm not stuck rotating between everybody trying to keep up. Hell I have a geodude that snuck itself on my current team and he's only 6 levels behind my honedge.

Velcro Fly

Ugh deciding on a team is hard when I'm catching everything!

I want to have an all Gen 3 team. I really want to use Manectric and Breloom.

Can't decide whether to use this Lotad and Ralts until I can fill out a team or not.

Top Bottom