• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Seil

Maybe she gives random items.

Edit: Oh bugger, it's the Ace Trainer.

For another item topic, not sure if you found it yet but the location isn't on your list. The Insect Plate is on the seafloor, either northwest Route 128 or southwest route 127.

JoeM86

For another item topic, not sure if you found it yet but the location isn't on your list. The Insect Plate is on the seafloor, either northwest Route 128 or southwest route 127.

Thanks. These underwater items are an absolute pain.

Edit: Weird, got the Stone Plate. These best not be version exclusive.

oh Joes Serebi
i thought he was just a Celebi fan lol
well then lets get your opinion then
do you think well get Emeralds Battle Frontier either as free DLC or in the next game?

JoeM86

oh Joes Serebi
i thought he was just a Celebi fan lol
well then lets get your opinion then
do you think well get Emeralds Battle Frontier either as free DLC or in the next game?

Neither. It's not coming. All these "hints", people are saying exist are just references, and Masuda doesn't like DLC, paid or otherwise. The next game will likely have nothing to do with Hoenn

Seil

Thanks. These underwater items are an absolute pain.

Edit: Weird, got the Stone Plate. These best not be version exclusive.

That is weird. What version? I'm playing AS atm. That said, I got Pixie Plate on 128 which you have listed so at least that one's the same haha.

JoeM86

That is weird. What version? I'm playing AS atm. That said, I got Pixie Plate on 128 which you have listed so at least that one's the same haha.

Omega Ruby. Let me try that spot in Sapphire. One tick.

Edit: Na, got the Stone Plate there, too. Must have been in a different spot to you.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Thinking of snagging this or X/Y. Any thoughts on which campaign is the most interesting? Better world layout and design? I'll just be playing the campaign so curious on thoughts.

Seil

Omega Ruby. Let me try that spot in Sapphire. One tick.

Edit: Na, got the Stone Plate there, too. Must have been in a different spot to you.

Must be, I'll have to go back and check that, then. I found the Insect Place while doing the rounds on 128, got Pixie first then Insect, but wasn't sure whether I'd moved up to 127 or not.

Also just found the Sky Plate on Route 124. Dive in the northeast, follow the path back up and down again. The Sky Plate is in a scenic spot on the eastern seafloor there.

Edit: Just found Draco Plate on western Route 128, too...
Edit2: Dunno where the Stone Plate is. I feel like the Draco Plate spot is where I got the Insect Plate, though. I mean, that's not exactly a large map... Draco Plate was just to the left of the reef/crater.

Thinking of snagging this or X/Y. Any thoughts on which campaign is the most interesting? Better world layout and design? I'll just be playing the campaign so curious on thoughts.
I don't have the game since I'm in Europe but 400 hours put into RSE tells me Hoenn > XY's Kalos. :p

JoeM86

Just got made aware of this cool easter egg from someone on Twitter. Thar be spoilers

In the Delta episode, you get told that AZ donated the tree in Sootopolis City by the Cave of Origin. Look at the flower at its base http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/flower.png

Must be, I'll have to go back and check that, then. I found the Insect Place while doing the rounds on 128, got Pixie first then Insect, but wasn't sure whether I'd moved up to 127 or not.

Also just found the Sky Plate on Route 124. Dive in the northeast, follow the path back up and down again. The Sky Plate is in a scenic spot on the eastern seafloor there.

Edit2: Dunno where the Stone Plate is. I feel like the Draco Plate spot is where I got the Insect Plate, though. I mean, that's not exactly a large map... Draco Plate was just to the left of the reef/crater.

Weird. I'll keep a look out and see what I can find.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Are remakes of older Pokemon games changing the timeline of events? For example: I don't recall when the original R/S/E took place, but do these remakes put them ahead of X/Y?

62C6F2A8-F089-4B11-9899-732F1CE9E2D2_zpspmqllzxz.jpg

Good thing I brought that Metang along for the ride. Hold back is like, thanks Gamefreak.

Are remakes of older Pokemon games changing the timeline of events? For example: I don't recall when the original R/S/E took place, but do these remakes put them ahead of X/Y?

IIRC, the original R/S/E took place concurrently with R/B/Y.

As for the remake (Episode Delta Spoilers)
I believe it implies that X/Y and AS/OR take place in a separate timeline from the other mainline games.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the spoiled content.

JoeM86

Someone just mentioned they found the Mind Plate in the bit I checked. Weird. Will keep checking
Edit: Nevermind, misread.

proof maybe that Legends are finally not shiny locked?
1416679310257.jpg
I know this thumbnail is terrible (noticed it on twitch just now, was too late to see the battle) but:
twitchshiny_zps0c86fc06.jpg

fakedit: better here:
http://gyazo.com/c7d5d9127dc2efd4c22e04ebe1486a6d
Happened on this twitch stream. But they're not box legendaries so it is probably best to take the box legendaries as shiny locked until proven otherwise. I think they're doing the Regi trio now (they mentioned Relicanth and Wailord) which I wonder if that will be a success.

You see the difference mirage spot legendaries have to the Regi trio, Groudon, Kyogre, Latis, Rayquaza and Deoxys is you don't see the mirage spot ones before battle (its kind of continuity breaking to have Green Rayquaza in cutscenes only for it to be black when in battle for example).

MicH

Just checked some of my legendaries' IVs. I haven't reset for any, so it's all luck

Azelf - #482 (Modest)
HP: 24 - 25
Att: 28 - 29
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 26 - 27
Speed: 31

Pretty darn good, although Modest isn't ideal. Still - can be quite useful! Rest are trash :p

Wait, so shiny lock is only because the mons in question have overworld sprites? How come they don't just allow the overworld one to be alternate colored too?

Top Bottom