• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Velcro Fly

Got my 3rd badge. Went back for Sableye and Aron. Thinking about using Aron.

Another grind session to level up a new party member

The six this time

Ralts
Lombre
Zigzagoon
Magikarp
Abra
Aron

EXP share is fun for mindless grind sessions for leveling up lagging pokemon!

Have plenty of physical attackers. Need another good special attacker. Hoenn native. Alpha Sapphire only.

Man, having the most difficult time getting a dawn stone from SuperTraining! Beating it around 2:20 time remaining but only getting hard stones and stardusts :/

TheBear

I'm kinda lost on what to do next. I have just acquired pokeballs and have captured all the pokemon in Route 101 & 103, but I can't seem to go anywhere else?

Growlie19

Starting to find national dex mons in the wild! I really want to continue the story, but I want to get platinum ranking on the DexNav on some routes first. Now to find where Growlithe is...

On my way to the first gym and I already know I like this better than Y
because Hoenn is an infinitely better region with better pacing and music and wild Pokémon

I was with you til you said wild Pokemon. X/Y has the best roster of available Pokemon to capture in the series and it's like not even a competition. Damn near every route and cave had different, varied Pokemon... none of this Zigzagoon and Wurmple for five routes in a row shiz

Panzon

How do I see the amount of stars next to the pokemon on the Dexnav? Trying to get a Shroomish with Drain Punch to breed

Takashi

Barely at Petalburg Woods with Torchic and the event Beldum so far. From what I've read apparently there's an Exp Share in this one too, so guess I'll turn that off soon as I get it. Gonna try to refrain from Super Training anyone til after the Elite Four just to make sure I don't breeze through the game or anything (maybe just Torchic and Beldum).

Not sure who else to add to the team though. I was debating whether or not to add a Slakoth to my team since I used a Slaking in one in one of my older playthroughs. But does anyone know how Milotic will work in this game? Will it be the thru Prism Scale or the old way? I've never used Milotic before so I figured it would be a good time to start.

this gen 4 aside from the gold and silver remakes is terrible.

nah, platinum was a great game and diamond/pearl just had some issues that needed to be ironed out. Sinnoh was a great region with some inspired locations, great music, and a pretty nice postgame. Also, let's not forget that Gen 4 brought several of the most important mechanical tweaks in series history.

Barely at Petalburg Woods with Torchic and the event Beldum so far. From what I've read apparently there's an Exp Share in this one too, so guess I'll turn that off soon as I get it. Gonna try to refrain from Super Training anyone til after the Elite Four just to make sure I don't breeze through the game or anything (maybe just Torchic and Beldum).

Not sure who else to add to the team though. I was debating whether or not to add a Slakoth to my team since I used a Slaking in one in one of my older playthroughs. But does anyone know how Milotic will work in this game? Will it be the thru Prism Scale or the old way? I've never used Milotic before so I figured it would be a good time to start.

Why turn EXP share off? Keep it on and just train more Pokemon. No need to debate whether you should add Slakoth to your team when you could have literally every Pokemon you've ever wanted in your roster? It's super fun being able to switch out and train your other Pokemon between gyms, and it helps to keep the game a bit challenging while also allowing for more variety and choice in gameplay.

Why turn EXP share off? Keep it on and just train more Pokemon. No need to debate whether you should add Slakoth to your team when you could have literally every Pokemon you've ever wanted in your roster? It's super fun being able to switch out and train your other Pokemon between gyms, and it helps to keep the game a bit challenging while also allowing for more variety and choice in gameplay.

This is -- I think -- the best way to use the new EXP share. Just constantly rotate your pokemon to what you need to beat/want to use.

Esque7

What was different between Diamond/Pearl and Platinum? I only played Diamond, and its probably my least favorite gen. I specifically remember the slow game play bothering me.

This is -- I think -- the best way to use the new EXP share. Just constantly rotate your pokemon to what you need to beat/want to use.

I figured that this was EXP Share's whole point considering X/Y's 400+ available Pokemon. I loved having a huge roster of 25+ mons by the Elite 4, and they were at level parity with them with basically the same level of grind as a normal team without EXP share.

What was different between Diamond/Pearl and Platinum? I only played Diamond, and its probably my least favorite gen. I specifically remember the slow game play bothering me.

Platinum has a vastly more interesting variety of pokemon obtainable from the start, it also has a totally new "quest" in the story. It also apparently fixes a lot of the slowness (though I honestly never noticed the slowness to begin with).

They basically increased the speed of just about everything (battling and surfing speed are the most noticeable improvements), added a number of new features, areas and some extra plot. Serebii's site has most of the changes if you go to Platinum page.

Takashi

I kind of tried that in X but just wasn't too fond of it. The notion of sticking with your main team throughout is just more appealing to me, and that's how I've been playing the game for over a decade. Not completely opposed to it though; I was actually considering getting OR down the line and doing a playthrough on that one differently than I have before like using Exp Share to rotate teams, using mons I would normally never use, etc.

Esque7

Platinum has a vastly more interesting variety of pokemon obtainable from the start, it also has a totally new "quest" in the story. It also apparently fixes a lot of the slowness (though I honestly never noticed the slowness to begin with).
Thanks, hopefully they remake Gen 4 sometime so I can play through it again. And speaking of slowness, how do the new games perform wih 3D on? Same as X/Y?

So whats the postgame like here?

tumblr_m44v3jZGw91qgb02u.gif

Just kidding, I have no clue actually.

SeZMehK

I am going to WT some pokes to see if I can get some interesting stuff to switch into my team. I love the milotic that I got at lv 2 :D

I am going to WT some pokes to see if I can get some interesting stuff to switch into my team. I love the milotic that I got at lv 2 :D

Just a bunch of Zigzagoon's from new people using their real life names lol. Traded a Dragon Rush Swablu for this mess! which is fine cause I have a few while hunting 3IV dragon rush lol.

Velcro Fly

Think my 6 are going to be

Swampert
Breloom
Manectric
Absol
Banette
Altaria

First four are pretty much set in stone.

Nice sampling of Hoenn megas too.

Nice NPC quotes on competitive tournament play in the post-game! <3 localization team unless this was also what they said in the Japanese version

https://twitter.com/NBNostrom/status/536627956446420994/
https://twitter.com/NBNostrom/status/536630810137600000/
For those wondering what the beauty across from the gentleman says, she says this:

"Thanks to my dad's Garchomp, I was able to achieve 20 consecutive wins. ~"

So. Perfect. <3 it. Glad the game's finally just flat-out telling you that Garchomp is really fucking good.

Wanace

So I visited the game director in Cove Lily Hotel and if you
show him a Pokemon that came from Ruby or Sapphire on GBA, you get a certificate for your base. I showed him my level 100 Salamence named Venus that I transferred all the way up. It's name is on the certificate and everything.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Question: After visiting the Pokemon contest place, where do I go?

Take the boat back or up Route 110?

Top Bottom