• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Yrael

So now I have a Latias with this spread (and Timid nature):

HP: 7/8/9
Att: 30/31
Def: 30/31
Sp. Att: 30/31
Sp. Def: 30/31
Speed: 31

...that HP. ;_; I don't know if it's worth trying again at this point.

Edit: Fuck it, I'm trying again.

Right now it's save editing that is easily accessible, not RAM editing. Since he's not one of a few specific people I'm inclined to say that that is almost certainly legitimate.

A tale of two battles, last time with that damn whale I nearly took it to struggle, this time I basically punched it in the face with Goodra and it stayed in the dusk ball.

ugoo18

Elite 4 question specifically for the
Ice one

Why
does she have or even need 2 Glailies and 2 Froslass?

It was memorable with Lance having 3 dragonites as the Champion but here it just feels lame

JoeM86

Elite 4 question specifically for the
Ice one

Why
does she have or even need 2 Glailies and 2 Froslass?

It was memorable with Lance having 3 dragonites as the Champion but here it just feels lame

Because Hoenn lacked Ice-types initially.
Don't worry, the rematch has a more well-rounded team

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

No wonder it let me catch it so easily. It's Naive. I just might keep it but what do you guys think?

Kyogre - #382 (Naive)
HP: 29 - 31
Att: 18 - 19
Def: 0 - 2 <- lol
SpA: 31
SpD: 29, 31
Speed: 29 - 31

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
(&#9583;°&#9633;°)&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

No wonder it let me catch it so easily. It's Naive. I just might keep it but what do you guys think?

Kyogre - #382 (Naive)
HP: 29 - 31
Att: 18 - 19
Def: 0 - 2 <- lol
SpA: 31
SpD: 29, 31
Speed: 29 - 31
Garbage, go again.

Well you can always do that Shark. >.>
Edit: Just crit a 2 Star Speed Boost Carvanha... UGH
Serious question. Do you happen to have any quick balls or are you at a point in the game where you can buy them? If the calculator I'm using is correct (the metalkid one) just lobbing a quick ball at its face should capture it 100% of the time.

Serious question. Do you happen to have any quick balls or are you at a point in the game where you can buy them? If the calculator I'm using is correct (the metalkid one) just lobbing a quick ball at its face should capture it 100% of the time.
I think I can buy Quick Balls, but just prefer to use Dusk Balls.
I just wasn't expecting my Quick Attack to crit it. :(

lupinko

I finally started playing, transferred some synchornizers too, like my naive Kanto LG caught shiny Abra. :D

I redeemed one of my 100 potions codes and sold them for pokedollars.

Right using:

Ralts - adamant synchronizer
Maddie - adamant Mudkip starter
WishMaker Jirachi - with Body Slam, Iron Head, Fire Punch, Ice Punch - Jolly
Ageto Celebi - Psychic, Giga Drain, Water Pulse, Recover
Shiny Brave Beldum - from Emerald
Shroomish - adamant, I always wanted to use a Breloom
Slakoth - HM slave

I also brought up Shiny Milds Latios, Latias and Deoxys Attack as well as Shiny Adamant Rayquaza, I'm going to bring up my Shiny Mild Kyogre and Shiny Adamant Groudon from Pearl soon, but my Shiny Regis can't leave until I catch Shiny Adamant Regigigas. Gen 4 RNG is a little confusing to me.

Oh right I got the last 6 codes I needed from the sandwiches so day one when pokescrap can be redeemed, dec 1st, I get items and Keldeo, Shaymin and Victini. I'm going to start on my second set this weekend. When more merch is out it'll be easier than these sandwiches.

I'm also playing my JP AS eshop in English but started my NA OR eshop in Japanese. Lol

Now that I know when to trade, I can farm some shiny Event Beldums. Too bad you only get one Diancite per game save, I tried two different region Diancies (NA and TW) and the event only happened once.

Also if SerebiiJoe is still reading the thread, Steelix transferred from the demo is in Japanese regardless if the destination game is in another language. He probably knows already but the site says otherwise. So the OT can't be Orlando.

Jesus christ, the amount of shit I'm going through right now trying to get a Destinky Knot in this game. Why the hell did they make it so hard? Finished Master Rank contest 3 times and people just keep giving me useless berries. Then I find out you can win one from global link minigames. Great, more RNG and "Game Sync server is busy".

Okay, tested hoard training in this game. Weather does not affect Sweet Scent anymore. Hooray! 100% chance of hoards for that EV appearing:

Speed: Route 104
Attack: Mt. Pyre, inside
Def: Route 111
Sp.A: Route 119
Sp.D: Route 115
HP: That cave in Verdanturf town

So yeah, it's even better than XY. No Sturdy to deal with either. Pretty happy with EV training speed now.
I know this was posted a few pages ago and I see posted around a lot. About the bolded one. Are you playing Alpha Sapphire? That horde is reported to be Shuppet which was a version exclusive edit:why did I think Shuppet was version exclusive...maybe it was the encounter in that location which was or something...

Jesus christ, the amount of shit I'm going through right now trying to get a Destinky Knot in this game. Why the hell did they make it so hard? Finished Master Rank contest 3 times and people just keep giving me useless berries. Then I find out you can win one from global link minigames. Great, more RNG and "Game Sync server is busy".
Do you still have an XY game? Given how easy destiny knots are to get there (trainer in lumoise city, look up a video for location) it would be an idea just to get them there and then use GTS to trade with yourself if you lack 2 3DS systems (in XY deposit Pokermon holding knot and ask for something you have in ORAS complete with a level range, go to GTS in ORAS and search for whatever you put up, if it wasn't sniped you've got your knot now*).

*-Sometimes to avoid sniping or even make it beneficial people will ask for a legendary.

MicH

Hm? According to Serebii you get to (postgame spoilers)
choose one of the Unova starters when you rematch the E4, right? The event just triggered for me and I haven't rematched them yet

Do you still have an XY game? Given how easy destiny knots are to get there (trainer in lumoise city, look up a video for location) it would be an idea just to get them there and then use GTS to trade with yourself if you lack 2 3DS systems (in XY deposit Pokermon holding knot and ask for something you have in ORAS complete with a level range, go to GTS in ORAS and search for whatever you put up, if it wasn't sniped you've got your knot now*).

*-Sometimes to avoid sniping or even make it beneficial people will ask for a legendary.

I didn't think of the GTS. Thanks! I'll try that now since I have 2 Destiny Knots in Y for some reason.

Wanace

I hate contests!!!

I managed to Master Rank the Clever Contest with a level 1 Duskull.

I think the key to winning is to absolutely make sure that you've maxed out their beauty/cool/clever/tough/cute with berries. It'd be impossible otherwise without major luck.

Linius

Hm? According to Serebii you get to (postgame spoilers)
choose one of the Unova starters when you rematch the E4, right? The event just triggered for me and I haven't rematched them yet

You got this game yet? The wait is killing me :(

I just changed pre-order at the last moment, from ruby to sapphire.

MicH

You got this game yet? The wait is killing me :(

I just changed pre-order at the last moment, from ruby to sapphire.
Yeah, I used my spare 3DS to download it from Australia. I couldn't wait :p It's great - Hoenn is my favorite region after all and all the new touches are fantastic!

Linius

Yeah, I used my spare 3DS to download it from Australia. I couldn't wait :p It's great - Hoenn is my favorite region after all and all the new touches are fantastic!

How does that work? Can you just download games from the Aus eshop? Didn't even know they get their pal copy earlier than us.

MicH

How does that work? Can you just download games from the Aus eshop? Didn't even know they get their pal copy earlier than us.
Yeah. If you have a spare 3DS without a linked NNID you can change the country to Australia and download the game now :) You will lose your save if you transfer the contents of your 3DS with an NNID though, but the game will be added to your licenses so you can redownload it

celebi23

So, here's how to get the Stairs & the Boards for your secret bases
The first is stairs. Some Super Secret Base layouts have this diagonal plane that leads to a second floor of the base. But when you try to walk up it, you can't. That's where the stairs come in. If you go to Fortree City, the house to the left of the Super Secret Guild Building (i.e. the building with the flag on it). Talk to the kid in the back-right corner and he will give you the stairs decoration.

The second is the boards. Some Super Secret Base layouts have holes in the floor that you can't walk over to get to the rest of your base. The solution to this is to cover it with a board. To get the boards you need to go to the roof of the Lilycove Department Store on Saturday. A merchant will have a tent set up there where you can buy a multitude of items including the boards. Then you can use them to cover up those nasty holes. Also, if it's not Saturday, just change you time forward or backward to a day that's a Saturday.

Top Bottom