• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

TomShoe

Banned
Just got this from a Facebook friend:

10406729_658513667603690_1826783966646878930_n.jpg

Nintendo can seriously get fucked if this is true. I don't have the time or patience to fucking IV train. The disgusting PR to make it sound like a positive only makes me want to throw up in my mouth. What a fucking travesty. I just bought mine for $30, I had better get a fucking refund.

GOOD LORD, Mega Altaria is amazing. I'm sweeping the Elite 4 (rematch) with it and I'm 15+ levels below all these guys. Pixilate Return hits like a truck and its taking hits from all these high level mons with ease.

-Return
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Roost

Definitely my favourite mega so far (sorry Sceptile, I love you too).

Firestorm

Nintendo can seriously get fucked if this is true. I don't have the time or patience to fucking IV train. The disgusting PR to make it sound like a positive only makes me want to throw up in my mouth. What a fucking travesty. I just bought mine for $30, I had better get a fucking refund.
Ok I understand getting duped by a photoshop but how do you fall for that terrible job?

Nintendo is trying to stop Datel from making powersaves of their games. Powersaves can be used to grant maximum cash, full BP, shinify pokemon, get max IVs, and other things.

It's also fake when you check the website. There's no news posting of that on the 21st

it's obviously fake, but I honestly find it bizarre this got you so riled up. just get a 6 IV ditto and then breed. It doesn't take much longer than editting a pokemon anyway.

It's so easy, right.

yes? You can get a new egg every couple minutes, you have like a 30% chance to get a competant offspring. You should get 5 IVs in 2-3 generations. About 30 minutes. If you care about egg moves that's another 20 minutes tops (unless it's something that takes multiple generations to breed, or something that takes a level 70 pokemon like freeze dry).

**Missed your bolded. http://www.reddit.com/r/breedingdittos

It's so easy, right.

I don't have any extra 6IV ditto's and not in the mood to get more (pretty convoluted process for me) but some people probably have a few extras.

Don't underestimate PokeGAF. Some people probably have several sitting around. So just ask around.

ohlawd

I'm guessing PreyingShark was referring to a super rank playthrough in the Battle Maison which is endless (until you lose). The regular rank lasts 20 matches and gives you 48 BP which is enough to buy 3 power items (which are the key to making the horde EV training work). Getting a super rank to match 50 I think is around 200BP earned. If you can keep a streak going past that it is 7BP per battle which given tutors cost 16BP at most can keep you well funded.
christ lol PS could have just said Battle Maison and I would have caught on.

I'm into the Battle Maison and other such facilities. They're the only reason why I push 100+ hours on Pokemon games.

edit: I got confused with the highest lvled trainer shit since everything's locked to 50.

Matchew

Where are the fire pokemon early in the game? I'm on my way to the 3rd gym and I don't think I have found a fire pokemon yet. Any recommendations?

Busaiku

I have not switched Cosplay Pikachu out of my 1st position since I got her.
The only "switching" I worry about is whether I go Belle or Libre.

Where are the fire pokemon early in the game? I'm on my way to the 3rd gym and I don't think I have found a fire pokemon yet. Any recommendations?

There are more options right after the 3rd gym. Before then there isn't much of anything, though. Fire types are relatively infrequent.

Caladrius

There's basically no fire pokemon up until you get to Mount Chimney (near the 4th badge), and even then those only have Slugma, Torkoal and Numel. (Torkoal is passable, if slow, and Numel's evolution Camerupt gets a Mega Evolution, but has to grapple with a bad defensive typing and glacial speed) None of them are anything resembling a must-have.

Vulpix can be found in Mt. Pyre (and I assume DexNav lets you get one with its hidden ability, which turns its evolution Ninetales into an excellent party member), but other than that the Fire type selection is pretty terrible.

Matchew

There's basically no fire pokemon up until you get to Mount Chimney (near the 4th badge), and even then those only have Slugma, Torkoal and Numel. (Torkoal is passable, if slow, and Numel's evolution Camerupt gets a Mega Evolution, but has to grapple with a bad defensive typing and glacial speed) None of them are anything resembling a must-have.

Vulpix can be found in Mt. Pyre (and I assume DexNav lets you get one with its hidden ability, which turns its evolution Ninetales into an excellent party member), but other than that the Fire type selection is pretty terrible.

Well....that sucks.

Arclaid

Is there some sort of condition for Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf to appear? I keep reading about how they appear 12 hours after each other, but I got Mesprit and Azelf two days ago and Uxie still refuses to show up.

Caladrius

Well....that sucks.

Indeed.

If nothing else, pokemon that are actually weak to fire make themselves scarce close to the end of the game and the rampant water pokemon make the ones that can't use Solar Beam or Thunderpunch well a huge liability, so you won't be at much of a disadvantage without one.

Don't worry about the fire pokemon, lament the short trift ice pokemon got this gen. :(

At the very least, the Snorunt family got its due with Frosslass and Mega-Glalie.

There's also Walrein and Regice for viable (if unexceptional) party members.

Caladrius

Actually, speaking of froslass, is there another place to get dawn stones? Already used mine for gallade.

Super Training lets you farm an unlimited amount of them. Have to unlock the secret courses by maxing out a pokemon's IV's first though.

Just DexNav for a Flame Burst Electrike or a Fire Fang Poochyena for all your fire needs.

Ninetales with Drought and specially-based fire attacks tho.

Caladrius

So to get a Fire Fang Poochyena I just keep battling it until it shows up? How do I know it will have Fire Fang?

Pretty much

Make sure to capture at least one first so you can search for one at will. The DexNav will show you any egg moves (of which fire fang is one for Poochy) the pokemon knows, so you'll know when it has the move you're looking for, provided you were searching for it with DexNav to begin with.

Matchew

Pretty much

Make sure to capture at least one first so you can search for one at will. The DexNav will show you what kind of moves the pokemon knows, so you'll know when it has the move you're looking for (provided you were searching for it to begin with).

About how many times do you have to battle a pokemon for it to start showing more information in the DexNav? Thanks for the help.

Caladrius

About how many times do you have to battle a pokemon for it to start showing more information in the DexNav? Thanks for the help.

It'll show everything you need to know within a few encounters. Actually finding one with the egg move you want might take a bit longer though.

Caladrius

I hate it when I lose my tiptoeing and I'm close to the Pokemon.

Try having to jump into a pond with an aquatic dexnav pokemon.

Made searching for a good Corphish so much harder than it needed to be.

I do not look forward to having to find breeding candidates for a competitive Crawdaunt.

Arizato

Don't wanna read this thread as this game comes out on Friday in Europe and I want to know as little as possible about the story. But I need to ask this: Is there any player customization options in this? I skipped out on X & Y but from what I heard you could change your clothes, hair and even skin color. Is it possible in OR&AS as well?

Don't wanna read this thread as this game comes out on Friday in Europe and I want to know as little as possible about the story. But I need to ask this: Is there any player customization options in this? I skipped out on X & Y but from what I heard you could change your clothes, hair and even skin color. Is it possible in OR&AS as well?
Customization has been removed because Game Freak.

Seil

No customization in ORAS.

I hate it when I lose my tiptoeing and I'm close to the Pokemon.

Doing it in a cave is even worse. Not even starting with the Pokemon running around cause it hates you, ledges, stairs, rock all ruin your tiptoeing, they can spawn in places you'll never reach in time, random encounters ruin everything.

I'll spend all day cursing at you Gamefreak to get me a good Aron.

Top Bottom