• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Holy shit, Wally's theme is awesome!

I can't settle on a squad. I only have two badges (I know, still super early), but I've yet to find anyone I really want to keep aside from my starter. I caught a bunch of Pokemon so far and my squad is just the first 5 I happened to catch lol

Catch a Roselia :D

Had the Street pass green dot on top of the game in the 3DS main menu and thought I had finally got the Eon Ticket street pass, but got in game and nada.

Do I need to have gotten to a certain point in the game before I can street pass the Eon ticket?

MicH

God, I live all the little touches in this game and all the new story bits. Really like it, but then again - Hoenn is my favorite region.

Do I need to have gotten to a certain point in the game before I can street pass the Eon ticket?

No, I got the Eon ticket literally as soon as I got the BuzzNav. You can't go to the island until you get the Mega Bracelet though

Lebon14

Holy crap. Mauville
changed so damn much. It's completely different from the original games.

EDIT

Spoilered. Just in case.

HigXx

Still haven't received my copy from Amazon, so much for delivery on release date! Waiting a week cause I'm in the UK was bad enough

Linius

True, guessing we see it in Z/X2/Y2. I really hope they do 2 rather than Z, I liked B2/W2's refreshing take on the "third version" thing.

Black/White 2 are the only Poké games I've got none of. I think it was because I didn't had sufficient funds at the time and didn't felt compelled to buy it later on. Still worth it? I enjoyed White for the record.

NeonZ

True, guessing we see it in Z/X2/Y2. I really hope they do 2 rather than Z, I liked B2/W2's refreshing take on the "third version" thing.

W2/B2 actually did better than most of the standalone third versions, even though W/B ended up with lower numbers compared to other Pokemon games by themselves. So, I'd be surprised if they went back to standalone third versions.

BasilZero

Question and a bit spoilerish?

Is the shiny beldum available at the beginning of the game or do I have to wait until I get to Steven's house to get it?

one_kill

Question and a bit spoilerish?

Is the shiny beldum available at the beginning of the game or do I have to wait until I get to Steven's house to get it?
You can get it any time

Download via Mystery Gift then speak to this lady who appears in any Pokemon Centre

Zareka

Got this game yesterday without really intending to, I'm about an hour or two in and it's certainly...Pokemon.

I'm still bummed about no character customisation. Having a unique trainer in X&Y was one of the best features for me.

Bases sounds cool though. Need to play more since I'm barely past the start.

Macka

Nearly 40 hours in and just getting to
Southern Island for the story-mode Latios
now. Really taking my time and loving it. My team so far is:

Grovyle Lv. 32
Mightyena Lv. 32
Taillow Lv. 31 (Shiny, caught in Petalburg woods a few hours in)
Onix Lv. 31 (traded an egg over from Y)
Kirlia Lv. 24

and I'll probably use a Carvanha. Might replace Kirlia with
Latios
as well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There's two ways in getting it. Both not 100% chance but at least it's two possible methods.

I'd rather go with the contests cause them contest star ribbons are too good to miss.

Is there something I'm missing here?

I've battled them 4 times already with no result.

Muku

Stefan™;140969761 said:
I am going to attempt to SR for that delicious Golden Latias. Lord help me.

Good luck. I'm currently in process of it. In some way I want to say screw it and keep playing the story... but I'll be damned this Latias is going to be the end of me.

Wichu

Non-Eon Ticket Latias/Latios takes ~5 minutes per reset. The chance of it being shiny is 1/4096. On average, it'll take ~300 hours of SRing to get a shiny. Have fun.

Muku

Non-Eon Ticket Latias/Latios takes ~5 minutes per reset. The chance of it being shiny is 1/4096. On average, it'll take ~300 hours of SRing to get a shiny. Have fun.

Which is why it makes me cry on inside. Though, am pondering on getting a good IV one instead and picking up a Shiny Latias in OR with Eon Ticket. Only thing is I wanted all my legendaries (sans Groudon) to have same OT, but meh, may have to deal with my secondary OT in this case for Latias too. By then I should have shiny charm.

I just realized you could catch a Pokemon you want in Nuzlocke because of DexNav. Just keep running back and forth until the Pokemon you want pops out of the grass and sneak in.

#BanDexNav

Stefan™;140969761 said:
I am going to attempt to SR for that delicious Golden Latias. Lord help me.

Good luck.

Where were/are you saving at? I was at 3.5 minutes, give and take a couple seconds.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I just realized you could catch a Pokemon you want in Nuzlocke because of DexNav. Just keep running back and forth until the Pokemon you want pops out of the grass and sneak in.

#BanDexNav
Kinda defeats the purpose of doing one if you play that way.
Seriously, who would even do this?

Buttons

DexNav is so much fun. Start of the game was so easy with a brave bird Taillow. Now I caught a Roost Swablu and a Hyper Voice Swablu, bred them and now I am lvling my little Swablu with both egg moves. Ready for Mega Altaria.

Also even though I swore I would not transfer any Pokemon over, the low selection of Pokemon at the start of ORAS made me trade over my shiny Dedenne and my lv10 Celebi I had in Y. My team is overpowered but so much fun. xD

I was thinking here, imagine if they allow you to put your Pokemons out of the pokeballs inside your secret base, instead of those lame plushies.

All these people hatin' on XY. I can't wait for the third game to blow you guys away!

The only way XY2 will blow me away is if it comes with a claymore or c4 with it.

Or if it has a better postgame, but I can't expect that after the past two games (ORAS and XY).

Chille

The feeling of beating a Gym Leader with Magikarp, so good.

Once I beat the game and can get the Focus Sash, or even get a Destiny Knot to keep breeding better Magikarp, I cant wait :D, then I will take my karp online.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I was thinking here, imagine if they allow you to put your Pokemons out of the pokeballs inside your secret base, instead of those lame plushies.

The only way XY2 will blow me away is if it comes with a claymore or c4 with it.

Or if it has a better postgame, but I can't expect that after the past two games (ORAS and XY).

When people think of post game though they always speak of the third version of the games.

Now you would say Gen II, but that would imply Johto was lacking, and that Kanto was a deadzone of a postgame.

B/W2 didn't blow me away after hating the hell out of B/W1

I actually liked XY enough even if it's forgettable

Hilariously enough I think BW2 is the best Pokemon game.

Where is best place to save at for Latias? I'm not sure when/if a certain point determines it. If it does I don't want to save past it.

I saved right after I got into the meadow and could see the sprite of Lati@s in the screen. At first I was scared of saving there, but in the end it was fine and saved me of a loading screen.

At least we can agree on something.

BW1 sucked, though.

Muku

I saved right after I got into the meadow and could see the sprite of Lati@s in the screen. At first I was scared of saving there, but in the end it was fine and saved me of a loading screen.

At least we can agree on something.

BW1 sucked, though.

Oh snap, and you ended up with a Shiny Latias that way?

What the requirements for finding MegaStones in this?
One thing many pages neglect to mention is some of the stones won't appear until you have cleared the event in the cave of origin. That is still before your first time vs. the Elite Four though...

Post game spoilers:
The fact that you get no chance to save after Rayquaza and before Deoxys is absolute bullshit!
Well at least
Deoxys respwans after beating the elite four but how on earth are you supposed to know that?

lol they were too lazy to even put the new trainer portraits into the Battle Maison.
Apparently that is because you can play multi battles with an XY player and so trainer classes (and movesets*) have be the same...some of the dialogue is re-written in ORAS though.

*-Which were already copy+paste from the battle subway

When people think of post game though they always speak of the third version of the games.

Now you would say Gen II, but that would imply Johto was lacking, and that Kanto was a deadzone of a postgame.

Is BW2 that good? Because I beat Pokemon White and it was so shit that I haven't played any other Pokemon game since.

Oh snap, and you ended up with a Shiny Latias that way?

Yep, here (
Latios, though
):

HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHIT
IT HAPPENED

SHITTY STATS, BUT IT HAPPENED! (x/31/x/31/x/31, Timid, totally a glass canon.)

100% legit guys, I'm really serious. You can put the shiny locked theory on Lati@s to rest, they aren't. Of course, you can also not trust me, but I wouldn't risk to tarnish my reputation here by lying.

PS: There are pictures in the actual post.

Is BW2 that good? Because I beat Pokemon White and it was so shit that I haven't played any other Pokemon game since.

I loved BW2 and hated BW. What you're saying is similar to what I did after playing Diamond and Pearl, thus never giving Platinum a chance (one game that most people love).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
All dem 5% mons are common encounters for me, hahahaha!

While I'm fine with BW, what did you not like about it? It might help us see if you'd like BW2.

The graphics are terrible, distractingly so. I dislike almost the entirety of new Pokemon, game is pretty easy (my Leavanny destroyed the elite 4 by itself), the gym leaders are very forgettable, some of the new Pokemon evolve at absurdly high levels, they way you access the hidden abilities is also weird. The starters all suck ass, with boring typing that add nothing new, boxed my fire starter as soon as he evolved.

But most importantly, I didn't wanted to keep playing after I beat it.

The graphics are terrible, distractingly so. I dislike almost the entirety of new Pokemon, game is pretty easy (my Leavanny destroyed the elite 4 by itself), the gym leaders are very forgettable, some of the new Pokemon evolve at absurdly high levels, they way you access the hidden abilities is also weird. The starters all suck ass, with boring typing that add nothing new, boxed my fire starter as soon as he evolved.

But most importantly, I didn't wanted to keep playing after I beat it.

1- Yeah, graphics are not that good, but I still miss sprites.
2- Agreed on this, I dislike most new pokemons in that gen.
3- Challenge mode, though. But only in BW2.
4- Some gym leaders are bad, others I quite liked (Burgh, Clay, Skyla, Drayden)
5- The required levels are quite bad, I agree.
6- Dream World sucked, hard. It was terrible, one of the worst things ever.
7- Starters were terribad since gen 4.
8- Postgame in BW2 is much better, IMO.

Top Bottom