• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Yrael

Ehhhh...just got a Modest Rayquaza with these stats:

31/31/25/27/31/27

I don't know if I should keep it...I was hoping for Jolly (and had a Synchronize Ralts for it, but it failed).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The graphics are terrible, distractingly so. I dislike almost the entirety of new Pokemon, game is pretty easy (my Leavanny destroyed the elite 4 by itself), the gym leaders are very forgettable, some of the new Pokemon evolve at absurdly high levels, they way you access the hidden abilities is also weird. The starters all suck ass, with boring typing that add nothing new, boxed my fire starter as soon as he evolved.

But most importantly, I didn't wanted to keep playing after I beat it.

While BW2 won't fix graphics and evolution, it did mix the Pokemon now from all gens rather than being "Kanto references", is generally harder (without even needing the hard key), has an absurd amount to do at post game, and has easier access of HA.

Yrael

Fuck it, I'm trying again for Jolly...Dragon Ascent is a physical attack, not a special one, and I'd prefer it to be as powerful as possible.

Espada

1- Yeah, graphics are not that good, but I still miss sprites.
2- Agreed on this, I dislike most new pokemons in that gen.
3- Challenge mode, though. But only in BW2.
4- Some gym leaders are bad, others I quite liked (Burgh, Clay, Skyla, Drayden)
5- The required levels are quite bad, I agree.
6- Dream World sucked, hard. It was terrible, one of the worst things ever.
7- Starters were terribad since gen 4.
8- Postgame in BW2 is much better, IMO.

Nonsense, it was Gen 4 that raised our expectations on starters. Gen 5's are down there with Gen 2's in terms of being complete garbage. I love Feraligatr's design but I'm not afraid to say this.

balladofwindfishes said:
I'm not sure what's up with this game and ignoring Emerald. Soul silver and heart gold integrated basically the entire Crystal into it. Heck, it even integrated Yellow into it!

Maybe they ditched them in favor of putting in that Episode Delta content? They also snuck in things like
Steven asking Wallace to take his place when goes off exploring the world
And I can't agree more about the new pokemon having ridiculous level requirements. Gamefreak is going to have to adjust them in the future. There's no reason Mienfoo takes until 50 to evolve into Mienshao. None.

Nonsense, it was Gen 4 that raised our expectations on starters. Gen 5's are down there with Gen 2's in terms of being complete garbage. I love Feraligatr's design but I'm not afraid to say this.

What? The gen that gave us "Hey I'm also Fire/Fighting" and Torterra?

Forkball

Yeah BW was insane about the level up requirements. 55 should be the max as set by Dragonite. Anything beyond that is ridiculous. I'm looking at you, Hydreigon. Vullaby and Rufflet's evolutions at 54 was pretty wonky as well. These are jobber birds, not pseudo-legendaries.

Infernape, torterra and Empoleon where all cool pokes. Infernape was considered better than Blaziken unless he got Speedboost and skyrocketed himself to ubers.

Gen 5 stars are the worst alone with the Jhoto ones. 1 type starters rarely offer anything new, since their types are so common that they will have some fierce competition.

Fire/Fighting reuse wasn't that bad in Gen 4 since at least the other two starters had interesting dual types that created a reversed type triangle in the end. When BW did Fire/Fighting a third time in a row and while Water and Grass stayed pure, now that was total BS. There was nothing interesting about the Unova starters.

Espada

Infernape was so much better than Blaziken when it was introduced it was almost comical. Blaziken is relevant now simply because of Speed Boost. Gen 4 was also the first gen where we got dual types across the board. Cue Gen 5's dull (and poorly executed) monotype pair and weak Fire/Fighting option.

RyosukeTH said:
The only reason he is not the worst grass starter is because of Meganium.
And Serperior. Oh, who am I kidding grass starters are crap. Might as well go for Torterra since it looks the best out of the bunch. Poor grass types. GF needs to show them love like what they did for Bug types.

Forkball said:
Yeah BW was insane about the level up requirements. 55 should be the max as set by Dragonite. Anything beyond that is ridiculous. I'm looking at you, Hydreigon. Vullaby and Rufflet's evolutions at 54 was pretty wonky as well. These are jobber birds, not pseudo-legendaries.

I honestly don't know how you'd be able to use Gen 5 pokemon in ORAS without severely gimping your team. Ralts and Kirlia were a pain in ass to raise, and that only needs 10 levels before it becomes useful.

Also Infernape is Son Goku. GOAT Fire starter.

And Empoleon is literally an emperor penguin. Not quite GOAT water starter because all of them are equally awesome. (Samurott less so, would have liked it way more if it really looked more like a samurai.)

DaBoss

rfWgkEP.png

Type overlap the team featuring Blaziken and Manectric. Didn't use mega evolutions, so yea, that Mawile was used non-mega.

...oh, gen wars? I'll leave then.

Torterra is the only Gen4 starter I haven't used but it has an unique typing and looks cool. Infernape is my favorite of the three, though I like Blaziken more.

I don't like a single Gen5 starter, I just imagined Leavanny was my Starter since it was grass anyway, probably better than Serperior in a way.

Edit: Dat Boss loving Dem Fairies,

Macka

Should I take this Latios?

Timid - 31/17/31/31/14/31

Been soft resetting for a while now and that's the best I've gotten so far.

Yrael

Should I take this Latios?

Timid - 31/17/31/31/14/31

Been soft resetting for a while now and that's the best I've gotten so far.

Personally I'd SR again for a better special defence, but I'm nitpicky - that's still a pretty great spread.

Linius

Wanting to be your own race ingame isn't silly, though.

Oh yeah, didn't even think about that. Don't care about that myself, but I guess that can be important to players. Have to say it's a strange move to add something people enjoyed and then take it away in the next game anyways. But it happened.

Oh yeah, didn't even think about that. Don't care about that myself, but I guess that can be important to players. Have to say it's a strange move to add something people enjoyed and then take it away in the next game anyways. But it happened.

I'm fine with that but more diversity is good in games like this. And I'm not even shocked that GF removed another fan-favorite thing from a game, it is their motto more than "Gotta Catch 'Em All" is for Pokemon.

Imagine if they removed the female character in Fire Red/Leaf Green, it would be chaos.

Linius

Thinking about:

Sceptile
Metagross
Altaria
Camerupt
Manectric
Sharpedo

As my in-game team. Would you guys say this covers the bases pretty well or do I miss something?

Yrael

Yeah I have to admit I'm also disappointed that I can't customise my trainer. :/

*adds customisation to the list of "features that a perfect Pokemon game needs"*

Decided to change the battle style to Set to make it a bit harder and more interesting.

Unless I wanna grind.

You haven't done that already? Shift pleb.

This reminds me of a comic strip...
Thinking about:

Sceptile
Metagross
Altaria
Camerupt
Manectric
Sharpedo

As my in-game team. Would you guys say this covers the bases pretty well or do I miss something?

Seems fine, and you'll be able to get a Mega stone for each and every one of them (maybe that's why you did it, though).

Top Bottom