• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Elija2

Holy crap, I spend coins on +5 moves, mega start, and disruption delay for the Mega Glalie stage and still couldn't beat it. How the hell does anyone beat this stage without spending jewels?

adroit

Disrupt delay is incredibly powerful, combining that with moves +5 managed me to pass every hard Mega stages.
Thanks for this advice. After failing stage 90 spectacularly on my first attempt (without any items), I took your advice and succeeded on my second attempt. Worth the coins.

Robin64

Took all 5 turns this morning for me to get Wash Rotom, despite the catch rate being fairly decent each time. Blech. Ah well, three down, two to go!

MicH

My god, that female Meowstic is a real pain to catch for me. I consistently get around 70% catch rate and it still breaks out! I've lost count on how many times now :(

Kouriozan

Took me 3 tries to get today's Rotom, then did Mew for that 1000 coins, and lastly captured/S ranked Marill.
I'll focus on S ranking every stages then/or if it become too hard, come back to catch the last few missing Pokémon.

BooJoh

First try on Rotom, cleared Mew easily for the 1k, 3 more tries (and some coins) to beat Mega Mawile, then a bit later I tried to go back and grab Slowbro so I'd have another Mega option but he escaped twice.

Am I weird for trying to just finish all the stages first, leaving the capturing for later - when I'm done a "quota" of stages? I usually try to get at least ten stages done every day.

MicH

If seems you get a heart every time you Streetpass the same person. I hot one for three and four times.

Kouriozan

Just tried a bit of EX stages, just wow at Articuno, that was intense.
And it's just EX stage 4, I'm scared for what is coming T-T
At least I got Lucario!

Boba2007

Is stage 103 (Raichu) impossible without using coins? I only tried it once, but unless there's some way to unfreeze mons that I don't know about it seems impossible.

Hegarol

Is stage 103 (Raichu) impossible without using coins? I only tried it once, but unless there's some way to unfreeze mons that I don't know about it seems impossible.
Just ignore the frozen stuff. Should still be possible. Tried it with Pichu/Pikachu first but didn't do enough damage.

Boba2007

Just ignore the frozen stuff. Should still be possible. Tried it with Pichu/Pikachu first but didn't do enough damage.

I tried, but I only got to about half health. I totally forgot that you could just bring pichu and pikachu, but I guess it doesn't matter if they don't do enough damage.

I'll have to try again I guess.

Try Mega Mawille. -_-

Took me 8 hearts yesterday to beat :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just realized that I would probably buy 12 gems to get 80 hearts if the game had a pool for your 5 hearts that regen and the hearts you buy. Use up my 5 hearts first, and then allow me to use the purchased hearts. It would allow for longer play sessions, but still encourage you to log and play regularly. Having more than 5 hearts "in stock" is frustrating.

I'm surprised it took so long really. Or maybe a simple dump RAM a few times to find offset where hearts are and set to 99 as in, set hearts/gems to 99 doesn't work due to being active memory or something (apparently you can't edit Pokemon in your party for a similar reason in Gen VI Pokemon games using other spider based exploits).

I love how Eurogamer are like "the same hack that lets you play romz if you own VC games" rather than "the same hack that allows you to bypass the region lock" but I guess thats news for you.

aka_bueno

Phew, beat Mega Glalie first try using only the disruptor boost. Beat it on my final turn, but just glad I didn't have to waste hearts on it!

Draxal

I'm not surprised. The micro-transactions feel SO forced in this game. 30 minute stamina timer? Max stamina never increases? XP gain slow as hell?

The game is a blast, but man...

Max stamin is the big thing, I'm cool with the 30 minute stam timer as nothing takes more than one stam to do, while in all the other games the harder stuff takes like 3 hours worth of times.

If they offered max stam increase with Jewels, is would be the first thing I spend all my jewels on.

daydream

Banned
I'm not surprised. The micro-transactions feel SO forced in this game. 30 minute stamina timer? Max stamina never increases? XP gain slow as hell?

The game is a blast, but man...

Yup. Having IAP is bad enough but man if it's not one of the most egregious timer implementations I've seen out there. Half an hour for one play which is not at all guaranteed to end in success.

Loptous

Phew, beat Mega Glalie first try using only the disruptor boost. Beat it on my final turn, but just glad I didn't have to waste hearts on it!
I gave in and decided to use disruptor + mega start against it and it only took me 10 turns.

I don't regret it.

Boogiepop

Bah, normal Slowbro sucks for catching. Trying to go back for him so I can finish out my Mega set before going back to sweep up the rest of the stuff, but I can't get a decent catch rate on him at all! Bleh.

SalvaPot

Bah, normal Slowbro sucks for catching. Trying to go back for him so I can finish out my Mega set before going back to sweep up the rest of the stuff, but I can't get a decent catch rate on him at all! Bleh.
I catched him with a low percent, I was surprised.

Use the daily masterball, I guess.

Haines

Banned
Hahahaha totally deserved. They should at least use play coins to buy in-game coins or something. The game is fun but I see myself dropping this completely by the end of the week.

I'm pretty sure I'm already done with it after beating about 50 levels. The wife might pick it up a bit but I have way too many great games to spend more time than this on a match 3 game.

zroid

Banned
The highest I got on Slowbro is 30% (which was S-rank) and I can't even manage to replicate that, lol

used 10 hearts or so now...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I had 6 jewels and I've been enjoying the game so much that I threw it $5 so I could get enough jewels to buy 48,000 coins.

I probably won't spend any more money on it since I'm totally happy just playing a few rounds once or twice a day.

Oh my god...
That's why you make those game online only :s

I'm glad they didn't. What stops me from playing so many mobile only games is the online requirement.

Top Bottom