• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

random25

Any tips on level 120? Mega Glalie is my first roadblock actually. Even with super-effective support pokemons I still can't beat it.

Elija2

Looks like Mega Gengar is gonna be another major roadblock for me.

Any tips on level 120? Mega Glalie is my first roadblock actually. Even with super-effective support pokemons I still can't beat it.

Spend your coins on +5 moves and disruption delay. That's the only way I even came close to beating that stage.

aka_bueno

Spend your coins on +5 moves and disruption delay. That's the only way I even came close to beating that stage.

Pretty much, I was lucky enough to beat him 1st try with just the disruption delay but it came down to the last turn. I don't think it'd be doable for most without at least the disruption delay, unless 1) you got some crazy lucky combo chain and/or 2) you have your pokemon over leveled a lot.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fucking Ghastly. I've probably used like 10 hearts trying to catch him by now.

I'm not surprised. The micro-transactions feel SO forced in this game. 30 minute stamina timer? Max stamina never increases? XP gain slow as hell?

The game is a blast, but man...
Yup, it's one of the worst F2P models considering how it makes you play in super short bursts with such a small max pool. This model would be more tolerable with some adjustments, but yeah.

random25

Pretty much, I was lucky enough to beat him 1st try with just the disruption delay but it came down to the last turn. I don't think it'd be doable for most without at least the disruption delay, unless 1) you got some crazy lucky combo chain and/or 2) you have your pokemon over leveled a lot.

Thanks for the tips. I have good enough coins but I'm reserving them for catching tough to get pokemons. Guess might as well spend them to move forward.

JoeM86

All that hack will do is cause them to close the browser exploit faster, which is great news.

Mow Rotom is live :)

I also just got a bonus for checking in 10 days in a row: 1000 coins.

MicH

I love StreetPassing myself. One extra heart every day for StreetPassing the same person multiple times - and I got three extra hearts on top of that for StreetPass someone for three days in a row

Also beat Mega Glalie. But seriously, Gengar has a base catch rate of 2%? What the hell :p

BooJoh

I love StreetPassing myself. One extra heart every day for StreetPassing the same person multiple times - and I got three extra hearts on top of that for StreetPass someone for three days in a row

Did you StreetPass anyone else in between and/or play on both systems? I StreetPass my mom'd 3DS regularly but don't get extra hearts for it, but she hasn't played more than the first 5 hearts and I have HomePass set up so we regularly pass other people too.

MicH

Did you StreetPass anyone else in between and/or play on both systems? I StreetPass my mom'd 3DS regularly but don't get extra hearts for it, but she hasn't played more than the first 5 hearts and I have HomePass set up so we regularly pass other people too.
I've only StreetPassed my other 3DS :p

TrickRoom

The game is perfectly enjoyable without resorting to piracy.

Well, of course. It made me glance at this thread and see what the rest of you thought of it. :p

In all seriousness, though, I was going to pass this up because I got both of the Trozei games and am pretty burned out by that style of play at this point. The fact that it's turn-based and seems to play more like Candy-Crush-and-Dragons is enough to sway me.

Still not fond of Genius Sonority's track record for production value, though... :\

Robin64

I'm not sure anyone should admit to using the exploit on here. By all accounts, it would be bannable.

Caught Mow Rotom this morning but it took 4 of my 5 hearts, which was annoying. (Also, why is Rotom in Mow form a grass type? Mowers destroy grass!)

JoeM86

I'm not sure anyone should admit to using the exploit on here. By all accounts, it would be bannable.

Caught Mow Rotom this morning but it took 4 of my 5 hearts, which was annoying. (Also, why is Rotom in Mow form a grass type? Mowers destroy grass!)

Among other things...
UiV4yU2.jpg

One of my first Pokédex 3D Pro AR screenshots :D

It uses Leaf Storm in the game, the idea being that it collects all these leaves and blows them out. That could be why.

I just got to Mega Mewtwo Y.....all I have to say is

JESUS CHRIST
uwVlz7z.jpg

My stats so far are

Playtime 12:43
Number of Stages cleared: 151
Number of Pokémon caught: 110

I have a lot of work to do but I was lucky enough to catch some pkmn at 11%. I guess I'll try to catch the rest and s rank them before I take on Mega Mewtwo and the Expert stages

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Holy crap, I spend coins on +5 moves, mega start, and disruption delay for the Mega Glalie stage and still couldn't beat it. How the hell does anyone beat this stage without spending jewels?

I just went in with +5 and mega start, got SO close. i was furious.

ok by SO close there was still like 4 or 5 millimeters left on the health bar... but still (3ds XL)

Robin64

People not shying away from bragging that they used the exploit on Miiverse. Amazing. Pirate a game (effectively), then tell the people you just pirated it from.

Kouriozan

Got today's Rotom first try, yay!
Didn't get the 10 days check-in bonus but I'm sure I have done it everyday since the release :s

EDIT : Wait, nevermind, it didn't release in EU at the same time as in Japan.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Rotom caught at first try, 65% chances, yes!

EDIT: And Liepard at 24% just now.

It's weird how I didn't give this game a glance at first, but am now suddenly interested thanks to the exploit.

It's basically piracy/stealing and shouldn't be discussed being used on gaf. As others have said the game is perfectly playable without having to use hacks or spend money.

llehuty

All this people complaining of the timer in a free game, whar's your opinion on mii plaza games and play coins? I'm curious about the responses.

daydream

Banned
It's basically piracy/stealing and shouldn't be discussed being used on gaf. As others have said the game is perfectly playable without having to use hacks or spend money.

Not saying one should use the exploit, of course, but saying this game is "perfectly playable" in its current state makes me wince.

MicH

What's the difference?
In PAD you level up and get more stamina. Also the timer is only at 10 minutes. Of course playing a stage costs more stamina, but it depends on difficulty and potential reward. Candy Crush is pretty much exactly like how Shuffle is now

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
In PAD you level up and get more stamina. Also the timer is only at 10 minutes. Of course playing a stage costs more stamina, but it depends on difficulty and potential reward. Candy Crush is pretty much exactly like how Shuffle is now

Isn't Candy Crush on a lesser timer than this? And it only costs you stamina/hearts if you fail. If you luck out, you can play Candy Crush for a LOOONG time if you keep winning stages.

E: Yeah, that's the other ridiculous thing I didn't consider. Shuffle eats a heart just to try a stage. You can only play 5 levels in a row at max.

MicH

Isn't Candy Crush on a lesser timer than this? And it only costs you stamina/hearts if you fail. If you luck out, you can play Candy Crush for a LOOONG time if you keep winning stages.
Ah, that's right. I think the timer is at 20-something minutes in Candy Crush too, though

zroid

Banned
stamina system is definitely becoming more annoying as I get further into the game (I'm at Mega Altaria now)

not sure how much longer I'll keep this up. I don't really care either way, I got a few hours of fun out of it, not complaining. Maybe I'll push forward to Mega Mawile and see how I fare.

Top Bottom