• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squall516

god i still cant decide X or Y!?!? lol I was really leaning towards X bc i love how Mega Charizard X and mega mewtwo X looks but Yveltal looks soo badaass cant decide lol, but i also thought that Xerneas is the only fairy legendary right?. Also if i choose X does it still have mega blastoise and mega venusaur? bc i thought they were Y and i assumed they were getting X megas too but from what i hear they dont. SO are they only in Y then? Any help and input would be greatly appreciated! ^__^

]blacky[;85776325 said:
So GAF, which one would you choose, left or right?

814688080.jpg
Left, but only if she had copies of X and Y + 3DS XLs in her hands and was a decent person.

Otherwise right...duh.

]blacky[;85776325 said:
So GAF, which one would you choose, left or right?

814688080.jpg

Right now, seems the right side is getting more "love" heheh.....

Ohhh fuck this is sooooo good. Got to play for an hour, but now I have to go to a thanksgiving lunch. Fuck!

That reminds me of all the great Nintendo releases around the holidays. That's usually what happens. You play for a few hours then have to go somewhere with family or help with something

watershed

Banned
Another newbie question: Do I get my own camera later and how do I get it? There's a camera tutorial that mentions full manual controls for the camera but Phil the photo guy has no such options when I use him to take a photo.

Sadist

Man, it's still the same Pokémon but it's pretty freaking streamlined.

I like the fact Pokémon get exp even when catching a new mon. Best of all is the amount of Pokémon appearing in the wild. One thing I always disliked in older titles were the two, three new Pokémon appearing every time on a route. Even a bit later in the game we'd only get new ones which were the evolved forms of 'mons that you encountered earlier. Now I'm heading for the second gym and I already caught about 20 + Pokémon. Just caught a Abra at max HP in one try hehe.

<3 Charmeleon

I've never played a Pokemon game in my life. So I was thinking of trying this but I don't know the difference between X or Y. I looked through the OT and couldn't find details in the differences - also, what is this game's genre? Is it a strategy RPG? Please help, I have no idea what Pokemon is.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm only (so far) naming the this gen pokemon, caterpie and pidgey can fuck off for the time being for names. Fletchling and Scatterbug are the new hotness.

Kiraly

Man, it's still the same Pokémon but it's pretty freaking streamlined.

I like the fact Pokémon get exp even when catching a new mon. Best of all is the amount of Pokémon appearing in the wild. One thing I always disliked in older titles were the two, three new Pokémon appearing every time on a route. Even a bit later in the game we'd only get new ones which were the evolved forms of 'mons that you encountered earlier. Now I'm heading for the second gym and I already caught about 20 + Pokémon. Just caught a Abra at max HP in one try hehe.

<3 Charmeleon

What's yo FC, Sadist? For the glory of DutchGAF

So um, what's the method for trying to get shiny starters? I have no clue how to get a shiny froakie but I need one after seeing his final evolution.

Squall516

You missed the joke. I basically called that guy ignorant hence the 'Murica. I know canada has thanksgiving in october having frequented the country several times myself.

how am i ignorant? How was i supposed to know he was from Canada? or that Canada has thanks giving in Oct? i've only been there once and it wasn't during Oct so how would i know? And he could have just said oh well in Canada we have it in Oct. It doesn't make me ignorant not knowing that. so lay off

DaBoss

I just got a critical capture. I don't know if its been confirmed before, but yea, it is still in.

You missed the joke. I basically called that guy ignorant hence the 'Murica. I know canada has thanksgiving in october having frequented the country several times myself.

Ahh, that makes sense. *whoosh*

Salsa

So apparently my sis didn't get the preorder bonuses when she went pick up the games today. Im guessing cause she didnt ask for it/know of its existence? great going gamestop. Classy.

how am i ignorant? How was i supposed to know he was from Canada? or that Canada has thanks giving in Oct? i've only been there once and it wasn't during Oct so how would i know? And he could have just said oh well in Canada we have it in Oct. It doesn't make me ignorant not knowing that. so lay off

Ignorant doesnt mean stupid, man. It means not knowing. You were, in fact, ignorant to the fact that thanksgiving happens in oct in canada. A lot of people are ignorant of this fact. Also the way you worded that post did you no favors. In any case, dont blow this outta proportion.

I was really poking fun at you because you loled at the dude. Take it easy.

Majukun

I've never played a Pokemon game in my life. So I was thinking of trying this but I don't know the difference between X or Y. I looked through the OT and couldn't find details in the differences - also, what is this game's genre? Is it a strategy RPG? Please help, I have no idea what Pokemon is.

main diference is that one version has some pokèmon the other doesn't and viceversa
it's just a jrpg,only difference is that instead of fighting yourself,you fight using pokèmon you capture around the world map

Raxious

Got X earlier today. Been playing for 1:15 hours. And spend that full hour on trying to get a Pikachu. I have one now though :p

When do you get the Exp. Share?

Also, it's so weird to find a dunsparce so early in the game.

Majukun

the boosts you get by playing the minigames are EV points ?so you can choose between boosting your stats by killing multiple time a certain type of pkmn or by making those minigames?
or are two different types of "points" you can both use to boost your pkmn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom