• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

markatisu

Fuck it, I just posted the image as a reply. Countdown to being unfriended in 5, 4....

This is all I have to say

Clap.gif

codhand

Kosmo why no "(check)" for the latter half of your BS only the first half???? Chris Matthews opening his show like a G, bringing it to Romney's statement. Definition of Bush League.

Arde5643

And a predator strike would be a bad idea just because it makes the local populace hate you what with all the collateral damage. I have no idea how they'll go about catching the people who planned and carried out this attack. It's definitely in the West's interests to keep Libya friendly.

I think there was an article or a quote stating that the drones won't be used for offensive but rather for recon. The US military will cooperate with the Libyan military in capturing the extremists based on drone recon data.

I have to say, the fact that nobody knows who Sam Bacile is and that the actors in the trailer were lied to about the nature of the film is starting to intrigue and concern me.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/09/sam_bacile_film_embassy_attacks.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

Yeah just saw this. The actress says that she was duped into filming the movie for $500, about which she was told the movie was about desert warriors 2000 years ago, and all the lines were dubbed in later.

Jefferey Goldberg points to one Christian extremist linked to the movie, alluding that Sam Bacile is a pen name.

Gruco

Banned
After months of the narrative focusing on his weak points, such as taxes, the Paul Ryan plan, abortion, health care, and republicans spending three days talking about how great they are and making fun of Obama, I am sure Romney is pleased that things are finally moving towards his strong suits - religion and foreign policy.

Mike M

Nick N
– Governor Romney rejects the reported message of the movie. There is no room for religious hatred or intolerance... He is firmly against any expression of religious hatred or intolerance.*

*But fuck atheists.

markatisu

Ryan joining Romney, guess he got told to fall in line since his first speech this morning was subdued during the town hall

OWENVILLE, OH -- Wednesday afternoon, Paul Ryan took a harsher tone against President Barack Obama and aligned himself with his running mate, Mitt Romney, regarding the attacks on Americans in the Middle East.

“The administration sent mixed signals to those who attacked our embassy in Egypt, and mixed signals to the world. I want to be clear: It is never too early for the United States to condemn attacks on Americans, on our properties and to defend our values,” Ryan told the crowd in the battleground state of Ohio. “That’s what leadership is all about.”

The GOP vice presidential nominee continued: “This administration’s policies project weakness abroad. Undercutting allies like Israel, outreach to enemies like Iran, national security leaks and devastating defense cuts. A weak America breeds insecurity and chaos around the world. The best guarantee of peace is American strength.”

Peace through Strength lol

teiresias

He was asked about it, not like he could just ignore it. Plus it's timely, gets people to tune in.

I wasn't criticizing him for it. I assume that interview was already scheduled? I just didn't realize he was scheduled for a 60 Minutes interview I suppose.

I didn't see this posted earlier - Romney campaign talking points sent out today:

Questions & Answers:

Don’t you think it was appropriate for the embassy to condemn the controversial movie in question? Are you standing up for movies like this?

– Governor Romney rejects the reported message of the movie. There is no room for religious hatred or intolerance.

– But we will not apologize for our constitutional right to freedom of speech.

– Storming U.S. missions and committing acts of violence is never acceptable, no matter the reason. Any response that does not immediately and decisively make that clear conveys weakness.

– If pressed: Governor Romney repudiated this individual in 2010 when he attempted to mobilize a Quran-burning movement. He is firmly against any expression of religious hatred or intolerance.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...-tries-to-manage-fallout-from-libya-response/
So the underlined are basically the same as the statement released by the Egyptian embassy . . . So, by Mitt's standard, why is Mitt Romney apologizing for America and sympathizing with terrorists?

Mitt truly is the Quantum candidate. He holds all different positions simultaneous and only collapse down into one when force to answer question . . . but then quickly reverts back to holding the other positions.

Wolf Blitzer calling out Rudy Guliani on the timeline. He has no response towards the timeline, just repeating that the statement was wrong....10 seconds after he condemned the movie.

DasRaven

On the domestic front, the Fed seems quite likely to announce QE3 tomorrow which will bolster the markets, but not cause any immediate job growth.

Internationally, the German courts cleared the way for a Euro bailout/rescue fund with a German veto.

Those two items will make the likelihood of accelerated growth higher and a Euro crash lower.

Just what Mitt needs in the wake of today's events, more good economic news.

On the domestic front, the Fed seems quite likely to announce QE3 tomorrow which will bolster the markets, but not cause any immediate job growth.

Internationally, the German courts cleared the way for a Euro bailout/rescue fund with a German veto.

Those two items will make the likelihood of accelerated growth higher and a Euro crash lower.

Just what Mitt needs in the wake of today's events, more good economic news.
On the downside, that will probably push up the price of oil and hence the price of gasoline. Romney's campaign will go back to whining about gasoline prices. Obama should put up graphs showing how much oil production has gone up while he has been in office.

When you make a blunder like this, you either gotta roll it back quickly, or go all in and hope that saying it enough will make other people believe you.

I guess they might be doing the latter, but they also tried that during the whole birth control fiasco, and it didn't really work out for them.

markatisu

Any update on those warships?

There should not be an update on the warships unless they attack, from the 2 reports I saw tonight it was just said they were adding to the already existing force. Basically there to say "fuck around, we dare you"

And I have to lol everytime a Romney supporter brings up Carter, they want so badly to have Reagan redux but it won't happen because Romney is not Reagan and Obama is not Carter.

Wray

ABC News has the story.

Most troubling for Romney: the Ohio trend has been consistent for several weeks and is not a “sugar high” resulting from the Democratic convention.
These internal state-by-state tracking polls show some positive signs for Romney, but nowhere near enough to compensate for Ohio and Virginia. The good news:
- In Wisconsin, which Obama won by 14 points, Romney is only down 2 percent, putting the state within reach.
- In Nevada, which Obama won by almost 13 points, the race is tied. It is also essentially tied in Colorado and Iowa.

If Obama wins Ohio, Virginia, and all the states he's leading in where Romney's not running ads, he's at 268. (And note the leak mysteriously doesn't mention Florida.)

I'd be shocked if Obama doesn't win NV by at least 7-8%

markatisu

I meant to the story about reporters colluding against Romney.

Well its obvious, I mean you can only be outraged and thinking WTF if you were conspiring against him

It goes along with the bullied polls and the fact that America is actually extreme right but the liberal media won't let you in on the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom