• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't get over how Romney didn't say the word Afghanistan in his speech. He wants to be the commander in chief of our military yet he can't even mention the current active war we're involved in. Embarrassing.

If the Dems don't expose this HUGE glaring omission next week in their convention, then they should be sued for political malpractice.

I still can't get over how Romney didn't say the word Afghanistan in his speech. He wants to be the commander in chief of our military yet he can't even mention the current active war we're involved in. Embarrassing.

If the Dems don't expose this HUGE glaring omission next week in their convention, then they should be sued for political malpractice.
Of course he didn't mention it. He wants us to stay there. Can't be rubbing that in independent voters' faces.

RDreamer

WTF would that do? Nothing.

Raise public opinion of whatever plan he's pushing, perhaps? It could force the hand of some of those Nobama Republicans if they're suddenly getting bombarded with people trying to tell them to do something. I realize most won't cave, but a few might if public opinion changes enough.

mj1108

He didn't mention it because: a) he wants us to stay there and b) he doesn't want to remind people that Obama got Bin Laden.

gcubed

So is Paul Ryan just a pathological liar? I mean this whole marathon thing, why would you even lie about that? I have no idea how when you can't trust a single word that comes out of the guys mouth you can continue to portray him as some intellectual policy guy... he's a dipshit

So is Paul Ryan just a pathological liar? I mean this whole marathon thing, why would you even lie about that? I have no idea how when you can't trust a single word that comes out of the guys mouth you can continue to portray him as some intellectual policy guy... he's a dipshit

His whole DC/Media portrayal is built on selling fairy dust. Its no surprise.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Somebody shop Romney's pout face onto that 'Ron Paul sitting in a chair' pic.

Then add in a Clint Eastwood next to him rambling nonsensically.

(I expect top see a big gain to Romney's likability scores though, since they did a good job of depicting him as your local neighborhood Jesus)

Unless you were watching all of the coverage you didn't see it though, the video montage that is, since it wasn't in prime time. Plus no one's really talking about Romney's speech, it's all "did you see Clint Eastwood lose it on national TV?" I expect to see a slight bounce, but nothing dramatic.

Diablos

No one wants to go in there and tell those chicken littles what for?

Must have to do with the fact that I didn't do it this time! ;)

I don't have any real comment on the marathon thing--in and of itself it's meaningless.

But I'm kind of stunned the Ryan-lying meme is actually starting to stick in the media.

There's like ten posts early on--including mine--saying Romney is not at all likely to win.

I'd like to wait for more polls, but there probably won't be very many over Labor Day weekend. But so far Romney's bounce is working out at somewhat less than Nate's 4 points, I think. Reuters and Rasmussen are suggesting 3 point bounces or less, and Gallup continues to show basically no bounce at all.

Dun dun dun!
Rasmussen is so predictable. Obama somehow nudged his way up to a 4-point lead in their daily poll before the convention, and now Romney's on top by 3. Wow, a 7-point swing! One that no one else has picked up on! Ahead of the game as usual.

Diablos said:

This doesn't really relate to the content of your post so much, but I'll still point it out - Nate's got Obama up with a 73.1% chance of winning, and a full 3 points ahead of Romney in the popular vote projection (50.9% to 47.9%). Over 70% chance of winning Ohio. In fact, if you give Romney every state he has more than a 30% chance of winning, Obama still wins with 275 EVs.

I'm hoping he'll be able to plug in a strong jobs report this Friday that'll allow the President to put this away - along with a convention bounce.

giga

nOrB+

ruh roh

It's probably too early

Unless you were watching all of the coverage you didn't see it though, the video montage that is, since it wasn't in prime time. Plus no one's really talking about Romney's speech, it's all "did you see Clint Eastwood lose it on national TV?" I expect to see a slight bounce, but nothing dramatic.
Makes me sad to think that you're right, but then I remember that neither Romney or Ryan presented any details of their own worth discussing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Makes me sad to think that you're right, but then I remember that neither Romney or Ryan presented any details of their own worth discussing.

Well Ryan gave people something to talk about, but it was about how much he lied. The thing is though, everyone loves a meltdown. Heck just look at GAF, we've got a what's your favorite meltdown thread. It makes me sad too.

As far as 538 goes 2-3 points sounds about right, maybe even a bit high. I doubt it'll be more than 2, there just wasn't a whole lot of good, memorable stuff.

via Kos to WP, Virginia does Voter ID the RIGHT way

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...6d609f6-eb2a-11e1-a80b-9f898562d010_blog.html

Good on McDonnell for that executive order and good on VA State representatives for expanding the list of acceptable IDs while they wanted to make sure everybody presented some form of ID.

And this is why the Right is not celebrating the VA law.

Now we just have to see where the IDs will be mailed and where they won't be mailed...

But overall I like this. I was heartened to see my governor Snyder didn't jump on the voter ID bandwagon, and vetoed some pretty ugly legislation on the subject.

Clevinger

Randian narcissism is my guess.

Well Ryan gave people something to talk about, but it was about how much he lied. The thing is though, everyone loves a meltdown. Heck just look at GAF, we've got a what's your favorite meltdown thread. It makes me sad too.
I'll admit I get a kick out of seeing Romney's campaign falter, but would honestly rather we were discussing realistic alternatives and perspectives for managing the US position right now. Never been a fan of the sports team rah rah he-said she-said talking-head yapping horse race side of things that focuses on perception rather than policy.

Since cancelling cable, its made this election year a much less stressful and annoying one. :)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'll admit I get a kick out of seeing Romney's campaign falter, but would honestly rather we were discussing realistic alternatives and perspectives for managing the US position right now. Never been a fan of the sports team rah rah he-said she-said talking-head yapping horse race side of things that focuses on perception rather than policy.

Since cancelling cable, its made this election year a much less stressful and annoying one. :)

You aren't going to see me disagree with you. The thing is we aren't going to see a debate like that for a while. I mean Ryan is supposed to be that kind of guy and yet look at him, spewing all kinds of bullshit with no regard for the truth. I don't think we'll see the kind of debate either of us want until the republicans come back to reality.

Like most Republicans, the guy's a sociopath. No surprise.

Owzers

Of course he didn't mention it. He wants us to stay there. Can't be rubbing that in independent voters' faces.

Yep. Obama did bring it up today when he was out campaigning, i'm sure they'll smash that point home at the convention. Mitt managed to talk about getting tough with Russia, China, and Iran, yet made sure he didn't mention the war we are still waging.

Jackson50

Pretty much, if there was an actual problem with voting fraud, then this would be a method that I might approve of.

Key point being, "If there was an actual problem".
Right. If fraud were prevalent, I'd countenance this policy. But the specter of fraud is wholly fabricated.

Are you certain you posted the correct link, CL? I noticed many posters rebutting their pessimism.

Diablos

Right. If fraud were prevalent, I'd countenance this policy. But the specter of fraud is wholly fabricated. Are you certain you posted the correct link, CL? I noticed many posters rebutting their pessimism.
Including me!

Also, I know people are rebutting them, but I am just shocked you guys weren't. Maybe because it's not me. That's the joke, pal!

They're also in Michigan and Colorado.

Predicting Obama by 3 in both NC and FL.
Call me insane but I think if Obama carries VA then he's probably carrying NC too, even if narrowly.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Including me!

Also, I know people are rebutting them, but I am just shocked you guys weren't. Maybe because it's not me. That's the joke, pal!

Call me insane but I think if Obama carries VA then he's probably carrying NC too, even if narrowly.

If I remember right Ryan is VERY unpopular in NC, so it could hurt Romney there. Combo that with the fact Obama carried the state 4 years ago and I'd say it's a safe bet he carries the state, I wouldn't put my life savings on it though.

You aren't going to see me disagree with you. The thing is we aren't going to see a debate like that for a while. I mean Ryan is supposed to be that kind of guy and yet look at him, spewing all kinds of bullshit with no regard for the truth. I don't think we'll see the kind of debate either of us want until the republicans come back to reality.
Well, short of that I'd looking forward to seeing a part two to this, which is my favorite bit of Obama film for this campaign so far:

Forward

Jackson50

Including me!

I normally avoid political threads outside PoliGAF. If they posted in here, I would have. But they all pale in comparison to the timorous king of chicken littles.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Should HRC run in 2016? Discuss

(seriously, my parents are like dying to vote for her but won't she be too old?)

Diablos

She could do it. People are living longer so the Reagan/McCain comparison really isn't that valid (then again it is because Reagan lived a long time post-Presidency, despite his mental health, and he ran in the 80s)

Just don't put an idiot like Sarah Palin as your #2 and people will be confident.

Should HRC run in 2016? Discuss

(seriously, my parents are like dying to vote for her but won't she be too old?)

She will turn 69 shortly before the 2016 election, which would put her as the second oldest President at time of first election (behind Reagan who was almost 70)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
There is no duty for them to be fair & balanced. It is a fucking comedy show, not the news. That said, they are much more fair & balanced than a news channel that claims to be. And yeah, the Daily Show probably hits the GOP more than the Dems . . . but that is only because the GOP is more fucking crazy and hypocritical.

One my my favorite daily show segments.

They made fun of a democrat in that video for some reason. :(

effzee

Here's the link to the D’Souza interview.

OMG WTF did I just watch? This is the guy who made the Obama documentary? I didn't even know he was. And WTF in what universe is being Anti-Colonialism a bad thing? I wan't aware that Obama, his dad, or anyone for that matter being anti-Colonies was a bad thing? Isn't that a universal truth now?

And this dude is Indian? And yet uses the colonies argument? Really? Talk about self hate. Way to reach out to say being anti-colonialism is equal to anti-capitalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom