• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson50

Another bundler said the sentiment among many donors, despite nerves about where the race is headed, is that the media attention on Romney has been unfair and disproprotionate to the nature of what he has said.
Of course. The extreme rightward lurch of your party is not the problem. Nor is Romney's confusing disapprobation of Obama last week. The biased media is the cause of your problems.

Eidan

Obama audio surfaces

"I actually believe in redistribution...at least a certain level to make sure that everybody's got a shot."

Gotta love when Google starts fucking with numbers: 313 view....733 likes, 365 dislikes...

Do conservatives expect this to take off like the Romney video? Or to even dilute the Romney video's impact? If so, they're even more delusional than one would think.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Obama audio surfaces

"I actually believe in redistribution...at least a certain level to make sure that everybody's got a shot."

Gotta love when Google starts fucking with numbers: 313 view....733 likes, 365 dislikes...

After a video hits a threshold on YouTube in number of views (301), YouTube then runs the subsequent views through a crazy algorithm to determine whether they are real views or not, and not just spam.

Clevinger

Obama audio surfaces

The Republican paranoia is strong with this one. Just to let you know, this happens with every new Youtube video that gets a lot of views quickly. It gets stuck around 300 and then updates later.

Obama audio surfaces

You are a professional person who has graduated college, I'm baffled at some of the things you say. Youtube videos are always stuck around 300 views for the first day or two, regardless of how many people view it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The key in that quote is that Obama never says "redistribution of wealth" but "redistribution of resources".

Of course that won't stop the Kosmos of the world.

Also, 3, 2, 1... until PD comes in and calls that audio the gamechanger.

Vahagn

Obama audio surfaces

That's pretty easy to rebutt. "Yes I believe in redistribution, that's what a progressive tax plan is and we've had one for our entire income tax history...the question is whether you want to help everyone have a shot, or whether you're gonna demagogue every government social safety net and cut benefits to the bone so that Mitt Romney can pay 1% while children die from simple preventable diseases and families are thrown out on the streets and starve because we don't believe in simple safety nets in this country. If you believe like Mitt Romney does that the world was much better under Reagan, than he shouldn't duck paying the kind of taxes that his dad paid under Reagan"

Raine

McCain tried to get Obama over the "redistribution of wealth" thing in 2008 and it didn't work then. I know the Romney camp is desperate right now but LOL.

coldfoot

Banned
So republicans don't want everyone to have a shot at being successful. If you're born into a poor family, fuck you because they've got theirs.

kehs

Banned
The Republican paranoia is strong with this one. Just to let you know, this happens with every new Youtube video that gets a lot of views quickly. It gets stuck around 300 and then updates later.

You know Google's CEO had a dinner at the white house with obama, right?

What do you think they were talking about?

I'm not saying something fishy is going on, but it is....interesting.

Snake

Obama audio surfaces

And yet there's nothing at all wrong with this "surfaced Obama audio." Another false equivalency, and this one won't even get media coverage outside of right wing echo chambers!

But nice job revealing that conservatives are worried about Romney's 47% moment. You can smell the fear the right now, and it's quite potent.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
You are a professional person who has graduated college, I'm baffled at some of the things you say. Youtube videos are always stuck around 300 views for the first day or two, regardless of how many people view it.

College education =/= common sense. I work with mostly college educated adults and they are as capricious, gullible, and follish as anybody I have ever known.

That Obama audio is less about exposing Obama and more about reinforcing the argument that the media is on his side; I think we can all agree the media will focus more on Romney's comment than this. A snippet of a comment from 1998 is not big news. It might have worked in 2008, in fact it probably would have to a degree (in light of the Joe the Plumper stuff). But as republicans continually forget, Barack Obama is already president now. People already know who he is and can vote on his policies and personality.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Youtube has done this for SEVERAL YEARS.

I saw a youtube video a few weeks back about Ron Paul (or it might have been something to do with Paul and the Republican convention, I forget) that had the viewcount thing.

The top comment was some guy going, basically: "OMG look at the viewcount versus the number of likes and dislikes someone's doing this to make RON PAUL look bad QUICK SOMEONE SCREENCAP THIS SO WE HAVE PROOFS!!!"

lawl right-wing paranoia

daedalius

tGmby.jpg

Just saw this in funny pics thread.

Vahagn

That Obama audio is less about exposing Obama and more about reinforcing the argument that the media is on his side; I think we can all agree the media will focus more on Romney's comment than this. A snippet of a comment from 1998 is not big news. It might have worked in 2008, in fact it probably would have to a degree (in light of the Joe the Plumper stuff). But as republicans continually forget, Barack Obama is already president now. People already know who he is and can vote on his policies and personality.

People that complain about the media need to stop whining. Conservatives go crazy at the coverage of Romney's missteps because they agree with what he says, so to them it's not shocking. They forget however that a smaller and smaller portion of Americans are bat shit crazy.

It's like 1950's lynchers and segregationists wondering why the media is spending so much time on MLK and Jim Crow when there are perfectly good stories about how liberals are godless they could be running instead. They don't understand how bat shit crazy their positions are and why they are so alarming.

Obama audio surfaces

Maybe Obama has to personally explain progressive taxation to all of America.

Then he can break down just who it is exactly that makes up Romney's 47%.

Or you know, people could just flaunt their ignorance less.

Obama audio surfaces

Comrade Obama said:
"I think what we're going to have to do is resuscitate the notion that government can be effective at all. There has been a systematic—I don't think it's too strong to call it a propaganda campaign—against the possibility of government action and its efficacy. And I think some of it's been deserved: Chicago housing authority has not been a model of good policy making and neither have been necessarily the Chicago public schools.

What this means, then, is that we try to resuscitate this notion that we're all in this together, leave nobody behind, we do have to be innovative in thinking what are the delivery systems that are actually effective and meet people where they live? And my suggestion, I guess, would be that the trick—and this is one of the few areas I think that there are technical issues that need to be dealt with as opposed to just political issues—I think the trick is figuring out how do we structure government systems that pool resources, and hence facilitate some redistribution, because I actually believe in redistribution, at least at a certain level, to make sure that everybody has got a shot."

This is an issue?

That's pretty easy to rebutt. "Yes I believe in redistribution, that's what a progressive tax plan is and we've had one for our entire income tax history...the question is whether you want to help everyone have a shot, or whether you're gonna demagogue every government social safety net and cut benefits to the bone so that Mitt Romney can pay 1% while children die from simple preventable diseases and families are thrown out on the streets and starve because we don't believe in simple safety nets in this country. If you believe like Mitt Romney does that the world was much better under Reagan, than he shouldn't duck paying the kind of taxes that his dad paid under Reagan"

*claps*

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
Obama audio surfaces

After a video hits a threshold on YouTube in number of views (301), YouTube then runs the subsequent views through a crazy algorithm to determine whether they are real views or not, and not just spam.

Great video on why and how Youtube does this as the people above allude to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIkhgagvrjI

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
On the economy, it was wise for Team Obama to paint Republicans as obstructionists early and often. That message has stuck with people and provides an easy counterpoint to arguments against Obama's economic policies.

Keeping the blame on Bush has been potent as well.

It stuck so well because the republicans were actual obstructionists. And Bush is the main blame (if you are looking at the government) for the economy.

Charlie Cook drops the private polling bomb.

Obama up 4-5 points nationally.

North Carolina is very close but Romney's expected to prevail.

New Hampshire is more or less tied.

Up 2-4 points in Wisconsin and Virginia.

Up 2-5 points in Florida and Nevada.

3-6 in Iowa, 4-6 in Colorado, 5-8 in Ohio, 6+ in Michigan, high single digits in Pennsylvania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom