• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Obama's flip on the "inside job" thing here in Wisconsin was great. He played that really really well. Overall he's really charismatic and knows how to speak to a crowd and cater his message to where he's at.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Oh btw, regarding that Univision thing about Mittens busing in supporters, didn't he do the same thing busing in black people when he was giving a speech at the NAACP?

Oh btw, regarding that Univision thing about Mittens busing in supporters, didn't he do the same thing busing in black people when he was giving a speech at the NAACP?

Yea. He also claimed after that speech that Black leaders support him privately or some shit like that.

He probably sang who let the dogs out in private to them to make them supporters.

thatbox

Banned
I've said it before, but Manos is just the lovable neighborhood gun nut, but he caucuses with the Dems. :p

The guy across the street is trying to start an online gun store out of his house. Got a letter from that asshole about some public hearing he has to notify me of. He has a trailer in his driveway full of fucking guns. NOT SO LOVABLE.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
No, that would be analogous to bestiality. Here the gun has to be anthropomorphized to some extent.

Like so?

peteythepistol.png

The guy across the street is trying to start an online gun store out of his house. Got a letter from that asshole about some public hearing he has to notify me of. He has a trailer in his driveway full of fucking guns. NOT SO LOVABLE.
So? He has to keep them locked. Lots of FFL 01 operate in the garage. What's wrong with it? It's not like they are going to get loose and bite you. Would you like links on the requirements they have to follow and rules books from the ATF? I can provide them.

Manos is an Upotte fan?
Have never seen fill episodes, but seen the thread and some clips. A bit too esoteric for my tastes (outside the info clips), Black Lagoon is my standby.

Gives Garand Thumb a whole new meaning.

A gun with eyes would be some type of Lovecraftian revolver.

No, that would be analogous to bestiality. Here the gun has to be anthropomorphized to some extent.
Eh still don't think I naming your gun is a good idea unless as a joke.

I'd have to change my vote if that were true!
I'd pay money to see it....fuck that him and Herman Cain doing stuff from Cuban Linx 1! Mitt is Ghostface and Cain is Rae!

That or he dresses up as a Garand.
Jerks off...Ping! lol

A trailer? Nice. Some guy is going to show up at 3 am with a trailer hitch and drive away with an armory.

A trailer? Nice. Some guy is going to show up at 3 am with a trailer hitch and drive away with an armory.
Sigh, I doubt that's the case ATF is not giving an FFL 1 to a guy who will store his guns in his truck...is the thread now going to be Manos teaches about the FFL processs? Get Villix in here he is one...also owns machine guns.

Sigh, I doubt that's the case ATF is not giving an FFL 1 to a guy who will store his guns in his truck...is the thread now going to be Manos teaches about the FFL processs? Get Villix in here he is one...also owns machine guns.

He said trailer full of guns. Bring a truck with a trailer hitch and haul it away. What a great way to facilitate theft.

He said trailer full of guns. Bring a truck with a trailer hitch and haul it away. What a great way to facilitate theft.
Except that isn't part of his plan to sell guns. Oh god I am really going to explain the FFL process.
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-to/become-an-ffl.html
Read
http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-12-notice.html
Important Notice to Applicants for Federal Firearms License (FFL)

To receive a license as a dealer (including pawnbrokers & gunsmiths), importer, or manufacturer of firearms, you must intend to engage in a firearms business.
You can expect to be contacted by an ATF officer during the application process.
You will be required to prepare and keep detailed records of all firearms transactions.
Your records and premises will be subject to inspection by ATF officers.
ATF notifies State and local authorities regarding applicants for Federal firearms licenses.
State laws or local ordinances may require additional licenses or permits for firearms licenses.
Other State or local requirements, such as cash bonds, liability insurance, zoning restrictions, collection of sales taxes, etc., may also apply to your proposed firearms business. You should contact your State and local authorities for specific information on their requirements.
Firearms licensees should contact the Internal Revenue Service for information regarding business operations and Federal income taxes.
When requested by ATF, licensees are required to furnish information regarding firearms traces.
Manufacturer Applicants

Manos is a centrist Democrat who really really really really likes guns. Which I think is a bit weird but at the same time I'm kind of c'est la vie on gun control so I can't pretend to be an expert on it or particularly passionate about it. Also I fired a shotgun at some clay pigeons when I was eleven and it was pretty cool.

Your CU position is silly though--just because there's a ceiling to its influence given an incompetent enough candidate doesn't mean it's anything close to harmless, much less a good idea.

Manos is a centrist Democrat who really really really really likes guns. Which I think is a bit weird but at the same time I'm kind of c'est la vie on gun control so I can't pretend to be an expert on it or particularly passionate about it. Also I fired a shotgun at some clay pigeons when I was eleven and it was pretty cool.
Yeah, but I am the same way with NASA in terms of really really really liking it, so it's just when I care about something I really care about it lol. I mean shotguns and space exploration are aweome. Also Dems and guns aren't that weird in certain areas, it's often rural areas vs urban though.

Your CU position is silly though--just because there's a ceiling to its influence given an incompetent enough candidate doesn't mean it's anything close to harmless, much less a good idea.
Yeah, it's mostly just an exercise in trying to oppose it...though in principal the idea of groups acting with pooled resources to carry more influence seems fine...granted possible maxed out so the gap can't be silly.

If money is speech, then some people have more speech than others.
Can't you say that If they have more supporters at a rally than another. Also what about a persecuted minority or view holder (gay marriage propoents that needs to level the playing field with access and reaching people than supporters can reach individually?

thatbox

Banned
Except that isn't part of his plan to sell guns. Oh god I am really going to explain the FFL process.
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/how-to/become-an-ffl.html
Read
http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-12-notice.html

I mean, I'm sure he's allowed to do this if his hearing approves it. We just have enough gun violence in New Orleans that I'm not stoked about a trailer and garage full of god-knows-what right across the street. And he's not even a Democrat, so he's not covered under your same lovability agreement.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Can't you say that If they have more supporters at a rally than another. Also what about a persecuted minority or view holder (gay marriage propoents that needs to level the playing field with access and reaching people than supporters can reach individually?

The first one is kinda of a bad example, the second however I think we can all agree that people struggling for their rights are different than companies and rich people trying to get their taxes lowered.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I mean, I'm sure he's allowed to do this if his hearing approves it. We just have enough gun violence in New Orleans that I'm not stoked about a trailer and garage full of god-knows-what right across the street. And he's not even a Democrat, so he's not covered under your same lovability agreement.

I just read your thing and that can't be good for property values. I'm all for his right to do it, but I'm also for his neighbors objecting especially if there are a lot of kids on the block.

I mean, I'm sure he's allowed to do this if his hearing approves it. We just have enough gun violence in New Orleans that I'm not stoked about a trailer and garage full of god-knows-what right across the street. And he's not even a Democrat, so he's not subject to your same lovability agreement.
You have to understand that they have to be locked up and the hearing is not approval, the ATF has to approve it, he just has to also comply with local rules too.

Also he most likely will only be doing transfers: person orders gun from FFL, he needs another FFL to receive it (barring a C&R like me, but that's only certain guns...but I can get a CZ-82 in the mail with no background check or transfer needed), ffls exchange licenses, gun comes in, he does NICS check and paperwork, and collects a fee. The guns he keeps are his own more likely than not, and not product.

I just read your thing and that can't be good for property values. I'm all for his right to do it, but I'm also for his neighbors objecting especially if there are a lot of kids on the block.
Which they can...but the requirements for storage are still there. Now if you feel the same with any business that's fine, most garbage or kitchen ffls have no noticeable footprint of their operations.

The first one is kinda of a bad example, the second however I think we can all agree that people struggling for their rights are different than companies and rich people trying to get their taxes lowered.
Right, but how do you differentiate the two? Also lots of groups of people struggling use non profit corporate status. Don't you have to be content neutral? How can you get around that and not be regulating on content?

thatbox

Banned
You have to understand that they have to be locked up and the hearing is not approval, the ATF has to approve it, he just has to also comply with local rules too.

Also he most likely will only be doing transfers: person orders gun from FFL, he needs another FFL to receive it (barring a C&R like me, but that's only certain guns...but I can get a CZ-82 in the mail with no background check or transfer needed), ffls exchange licenses, gun comes in, he does NICS check and paperwork, and collects a fee. The guns he keeps are his own more likely than not, and not product.

I can understand it and still not like it all that much. Or at all :(

I can understand it and still not like it all that much. Or at all :(
That's fine just as long as you don't think he can just store product (if he even keeps any) in the trailer. He most liked wants to make side money...and get stuff shipped with no transfer needed (but you can have that as the primary reason). Plus ATF will inspect his facility and audit him regularly.
Now if you think he'll let straw purchases occurs and shit like that then by all means object.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Right, but how do you differentiate the two? Also lots of groups of people struggling use non profit corporate status. Don't you have to be content neutral? How can you get around that and not be regulating on content?

That's the thing. Honestly I think the fact that superPACs don't have to disclose their donors is the problem, or at least most of it. We've basically got a series of groups who have millions of dollars and don't have to say who is donating it. I mean we can sort of figure it out but if they wanted to it could be denied. Make them disclose their donors at the end of each month and maybe they aren't allowed to make attack ads (limit them to issue ads that can't mention either candidate) and most of my problems with them are fixed.

Weren't you the one saying the dems should start getting people to get conceal carry licenses and using that? That would have been funny as shit to see the reaction to.
Yes I did, I woud love it! Plus the idea of Philly not dragging their feet even though PA is shall issue, would be hillarious to see. Even more so the poor and minorities are getting licence to carry firearms (LTCF) would be hillarious to watch sink in.

That said getting and ensuring people have a state issued id is just a good idea in general for people who might need access to services (and just good in general for people and the Commonwealth).

That's the thing. Honestly I think the fact that superPACs don't have to disclose their donors is the problem, or at least most of it. We've basically got a series of groups who have millions of dollars and don't have to say who is donating it. I mean we can sort of figure it out but if they wanted to it could be denied. Make them disclose their donors at the end of each month and maybe they aren't allowed to make attack ads (limit them to issue ads that can't mention either candidate) and most of my problems with them are fixed.
But it can protect those who might be threatened or presumed to be something or having something based on donations. Anonymous political speech is an important protection. Say you donate for gay marriage, gun rights, or abortion and your company doesn't like that, you donating can cause a lot of problems, if they cant find out unless you or someone from the group says, that's a good thing. I agree about the excess end, but the principles seem worth protecting, even with the other end of the spectrum.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
But it can protect those who might be threatened or presumed to be something or having something based on donations. Anonymous political speech is an important protection. Say you donate for gay marriage, gun rights, or abortion and your company doesn't like that, you donating can cause a lot of problems, if they cant find out unless you or someone from the group says, that's a good thing. I agree about the excess end, but the principles seem worth protecting, even with the other end of the spectrum.

I'm talking about the big money donations, like when a billionaire give a few million. Sure they might get some heat, but if your going to speak loudly (give millions of dollars) then you need to be aware of the ramifications. The way I'm looking at it is like if you give a whole lot it isn't much different than buying the commercial yourself. Right now it's just a way for the uber-wealthy on both sides to be able to give as much as they want with no repercussions. There is no real way for someone like me to match giving millions of dollars without there being some sort of repercussions and it's unfair that the wealthy can do so without worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom