• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Meh. Twitter will be largely pro-Obama because Grandma and GrandPa don't Twitter.

This is a very smart observation, but if you're right, it's just going to be yet another structural advantage for the Democrats, party of people who understand social media.

Not so sure about that. Wasn't there just that stat about Romney's tweets getting circulated more than Obama's? Obviously that's a small element, but an interesting one nonetheless. Seems more likely that there just might not be a lot of crossover between political sides on Twitter, so we just don't see what else is going on.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
That's too bad about TA and Manos being banned. Kosmo I can take. Granted I don't know where I'll get my humor when I don't have a false equivalency generator fired up and ready to go, but TA and Manos are rad contributors.

And those staffers weren't fired or even, apparently, reprimanded, so it's totally aboveboard to say that Brown condones it and is thus responsible for it, because that's more or less what condoning means.

No, I recall reading they were "verbally reprimanded," which also pissed people off for its lack of consequence.

bananas

Banned

Hui9l.gif

You guys are not thinking clearly. Who will inform us on Wednesday night how Romney destroyed that simpleton Obumur?

1. We'll poll our reactions
2. unskew them
3. ???
4. Corporations are people, my friend.

And here I thought Kosmo was immune to the bannings.

I'm sure he's in some alternate forum right now talking about how it's unfair that conservatives get banned just for being conservative and he's living proof or something.

pigeon

Banned
And here I thought Kosmo was immune to the bannings.

I'm sure he's in some alternate forum right now talking about how it's unfair that conservatives get banned just for being conservative and he's living proof or something.

Thanks for that vision of a dystopic alternate forum where we are the trolls.

Diablos

What did Manos get banned for anyway? I didn't really pay attention to his posts.

Is TA gone for good? I know he said he wanted to bail out of GAF at some point, maybe this was it.

Diablos

GOP’s October surprise?
Source reveals "Jimmy Carter Strategy" to make Obama seem weak on defense in campaign's final month
Why does the GOP have such a boner over trying to make Obama look like Carter?

This is going to fail miserably.

They better have Obama on tape saying "fuck Libya, I've got shit to do, I'll piss on the embassy" or something. Otherwise, trying to make the man who greenlighted killing Bin Laden in a risky op look like a weakling on foreign policy in an election driven by the economy is, like, the dumbest shit ever -- and speaks volumes to how desperate they are.

They better have Obama on tape saying "fuck Libya, I've got shit to do, I'll piss on the embassy" or something. Otherwise, trying to make the man who greenlighted killing Bin Laden in a risky op look like a weakling on foreign policy in an election driven by the economy is, like, the dumbest shit ever -- and speaks volumes to how desperate they are.

To make matters worse the media clearly doesn't care. Not that I agree with how the media is handling this, but I don't see them changing their tune. Especially if Romney lays a clear dud at the first debate

A good jobs report on Friday would be devastating for him

GhaleonEB

Manos died in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492721&page=16

Read the last two pages to see the gists of it.
Holy shit. From the omnibus dismantling post through to the end, that was a spectacular flameout.

Well, Carter lost. I really don't think it's any more complex than that; they're just looking at the last Dem to lose reelection and pretending Obama is him. He's not, of course.

Diablos

I think it is slightly more complex. I think they're flabbergasted as to how they haven't been able to paint him as Carter's second term, which really, they've been trying to do since he was sworn in. And it just never worked.

The bolded part would probably be a winning slogan.

The Carter comparisons have been weak for years. Initially they seemed to compliment the GOP's very first talking point: "president Obama hasn't done anything." Of course once he did some stuff they decided to label him an extremist, which remains the main point. I don't think anyone considered Carter an extremist liberal

Romney won't be able to discuss Libya for 90 minutes at the fp debate. How does he argue Obama is Carter while acknowledging Obama got rid of Bin Laden and is decimating terrorists with drones? Perhaps in a more crass world Obama could say "do you know how many innocent brown people I've had killed? Would Carter approve that shit?"

As a foreigner, it seems to me that Republicans hate Carter because he was, in their eyes, weak. I think that was his biggest crime. He wasn't the rugged, courageous, football captain manly man they wanted and it killed them that this dorky, polite policy wonk with the reedy voice was their president.

Never mind the fact that everything seemed to be going wrong for the guy with the economy, the hostage crisis and thus the polls at the time. It makes people remember his presidency as a difficult time, so it makes him a convenient bogeyman like Nixon or W Bush on the left.

Had the rescue operation he ordered succeeded, could Carter have won?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I thought Ray-gun had more to do with religion being on the national stage than Carter?

Also, Chris Jansing said that the polls are moving in Romney's favor for foreign policy. WTF? What are these polls she's talking about?

It's weird watching Ford and Carter debate on abortion - both of them are against it, though Carter stops short of saying he would overturn Roe v. Wade.

Many prominent Democratic politicians were pro-life until the church jumped in bed with the Republicans.

Oblivion said:
Also, Chris Jansing said that the polls are moving in Romney's favor for foreign policy. WTF? What are these polls she's talking about?
Do you have to ask?

Funny how when the actual polls start closing somewhat they proclaim them less skewed. How convenient, dipshits.

I thought Ray-gun had more to do with religion being on the national stage than Carter?

Obama's fp numbers have fallen since Libya. The administration's response has been aimless, confusing, and contradictory. If Romney didn't blow his load while blood was still warm he would have had a clear opening

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Obama's fp numbers have fallen since Libya. The administration's response has been aimless, confusing, and contradictory. If Romney didn't blow his load while blood was still warm he would have had a clear opening

I'd like to see some examples of this. I find it really hard to believe as bad as the shit that happened in Libya's been, it's hard to think that it would sway the public away from Obama's FP accomplishments.

I've seen no evidence of that. But it is not like it matters . . . no one gives a shit about foreign policy right now other than making sure we don't get dragged into a pointless expensive war and we get out of the one that we are still in.

lol. tea baggers are the least popular group in the country. Even less popular than atheists and muslims!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/17/the-most-unpopular-group-in-america.html

The Tea Party ranks lower than any of the 23 other groups we asked about — lower than both Republicans and Democrats. It is even less popular than much maligned groups like “atheists” and “Muslims.” Interestingly, one group that approaches it in unpopularity is the Christian Right.
Dayum!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I've seen no evidence of that. But it is not like it matters . . . no one gives a shit about foreign policy right now other than making sure we don't get dragged into a pointless expensive war and we get out of the one that we are still in.
Pheeny cares. Concern, you could call it, technically.

codhand

Kosmo's gone? I said he had a 15% chance. Regardless, now my liberal Cocoon is complete }:) Don't fuck this up EV. I need dat confirmation bias.

syllogism

Michael Steele said this regarding the polling conspiracies

Well, if the only way the GOP can get stoked for this election is from hype about poll conspiracies, then put the "For Sale" sign on the party’s front door.

As George Will said "f the Republican Party cannot win in this environment, it has to get out of politics and find another business."

Polls or no polls.

I suppose he may have some animosity towards the party leaders/direction, but still it always amazes me when former party officials are this blunt about their assessments

Michael Steele said this regarding the polling conspiracies

I suppose he may have some animosity towards the party leaders/direction, but still it always amazes me when former party officials are this blunt about their assessments

SOME animosity? Steele was propped up as a diversity token after the GOP got obliterated in 2008, then run out of town on a rail once going full racist turned out to be a better strategy.

I don't like the guy, but you almost have to feel sorry for him. He seemed to really think the GOP was interested and capable of positive things, and got smacked down hard with the reality stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom