• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averon

I can't feel too sorry for Steele. I mean, he had to have known he was being used and why the GOP elected him to RNC chair.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hell I love it. It was so cathartic to witness Manos' bullshit fall down around him and watch him squirm to reprhase, "NO U" in pithy ways.

Guns are his sports team. Passion so illogical it completely excludes reason. He was a pretty good guy with a massive, crazy blind spot. Same thing with Gaborn and that abortion guy.

codhand

Wow. He was banned after seeing his methods thoroughly eviscerated, drawn, quartered, burned and having the ashes scattered to the winds. I'm awestruck.

Here's a gif of me recklessly firing two shotguns in salute to Manos.
bWzao.gif

Moving on... Only another day until the first debate right? My only fear is that it'll be utterly boring.

Yeah they usually end up anti-climactic. Especially when you have someone like David Gregory moderate.

Moderators:
PBS's Jim Lehrer will host the first presidential debate on Oct. 3 in Denver, Colo. CNN's Candy Crowley will host the second, town-hall debate on October 16 in Hempstead, N.Y. CBS's Bob Schieffer will host the third debate on Oct. 22 in Boca Raton, Fla.
ABC's Martha Raddatz will host the vice presidential debate on Oct. 11 in Danville, Ky.

Gotta love that not only is foreign policy the final debate topic, and not only is Bob get-up-in-that-ass Schieffer moderating, but the cherry on top of this sunday is that it's in Boca Raton thus all but guaranteeing a lame "I'm for the one-hundred percent." answer from Mitt.

and that abortion guy.

I don't even wanna know.

Cheebo

Banned
Guns are his sports team. Passion so illogical it completely excludes reason. He was a pretty good guy with a massive, crazy blind spot. Same thing with Gaborn and that abortion guy.

Gaborn used to be pretty level headed for a Paulite but he went full on wacko this election. Went from saying he would support Obama if he supported legalizing gay marriage to moving the goal post to say he'd only support Obama if he would reveal the existence of aliens.

Gaborn used to be pretty level headed for a Paulite but he went full on wacko this election. Went from saying he would support Obama if he supported legalizing gay marriage to moving the goal post to say he'd only support Obama if he would reveal the existence of aliens.
"Too little, too late."

Which also happens to be my prediction for the debates, although a quiet voice inside me insists that Romney and Ryan will dig themselves a deeper hole.

I don't have cable, so hopefully I can find a decent stream.

Ohhh. Jaydubya?
Mr. Private Island himself.

Stinkles

If there was an fetus-rights equivalent to Manos's gun fetish, I can't even fathom the migraine inducing threads.

Precisely what did him in. Ultimately I actually understand the level of passion if that's what you genuinely believe, but implying disagreement is genocide is not a good basis for discussion.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
"Too little, too late."

Which also happens to be my prediction for the debates, although a quiet voice inside me insists that Romney and Ryan will dig themselves a deeper hole.

Quite possible seeing as Romney needs a strong enough performance that he could easily overreach.

Stinkles

Quite possible seeing as Romney needs a strong enough performance that he could easily overreach.

He is not going to debate. He is going to do a Palin and speak directly to the American people. Ryan's problem, and I am not kidding, is that no matter how he does, his voice is super annoying and makes everything he says sound churlish. For that reason alone he could never be president - even if he were a good candidate, which he is not. His voice is fucking atrocious.

pigeon

Banned
Obama has a 14-point lead in percentage of supporters who support him without reservations.
Breaking tradition, 60% of voters (and 68% of Republicans) think our country would be governed more effectively if one party controls the White House and both houses of Congress. Even 57% of independents support unified government! Which, I mean, is probably accurate, but it's an interesting development.
Surprisingly, Romney has a 12-point lead on whose policies will benefit your personal financial situation, despite the fact that 55% of voters think his policies will favor the rich. There's that false consciousness again.
93% of voters will watch the debates, but only 11% might change their mind based on it. The other 82% will presumably just be tweeting snarky comments.

As a foreigner, it seems to me that Republicans hate Carter because he was, in their eyes, weak. I think that was his biggest crime. He wasn't the rugged, courageous, football captain manly man they wanted and it killed them that this dorky, polite policy wonk with the reedy voice was their president.

Never mind the fact that everything seemed to be going wrong for the guy with the economy, the hostage crisis and thus the polls at the time. It makes people remember his presidency as a difficult time, so it makes him a convenient bogeyman like Nixon or W Bush on the left.

Had the rescue operation he ordered succeeded, could Carter have won?
Carter was a pretty good president who was a victim of shit he didn't have control over, like the Arab oil embargo or the Iran hostage crisis. Some of his ideas were pretty progressive. Reason why Republicans don't like him is because he's an easy target that got trounced by his majesty King Reagan and it's some sort of testament about Reagan's superiority. Carter was also instrumental in stopping the conflict between Arabs and Israel and making Egypt Israel sign the peace treaty at Camp David (Begin and Anwar Sadat). That's shitton more Reagan and Bush I did in their terms. Americans just didn't care and (still don't do) about major milestones in mid-east conflict resolution. If tomorrow Obama were to magically create Palestinian state by making Bibi and Abbas hug and give each other sloppy kisses, Americans won't care at all. We don't really care about what's outside our borders. But I digress.

Point is Carter was a pretty good President. He was also a strong leader. The economic downturn and host of other externalities sunk him. What also makes conservatives' blood boil about Jimmy Carter is his position on Israel-Palestine conflict. As you know right wing has a really hard boner for Israel. Carter eloquently criticizes Israel's policies.

He is not going to debate. He is going to do a Palin and speak directly to the American people. Ryan's problem, and I am not kidding, is that no matter how he does, his voice is super annoying and makes everything he says sound churlish. For that reason alone he could never be president - even if he were a good candidate, which he is not. His voice is fucking atrocious.

I wonder which annoying voice the next Republican candidate will pick for VP. McCain set the bar pretty high, then Romney somehow found someone. I don't know where they can really go from here though. 2016 will be interesting.

looking at the rasmussenpoll twitter feed in reaction to Obama leading Romney in New Mexico 51-40%, i mean really guys? lmao

How is this possible @Gov_Martinez ? RT @RasmussenPoll: New Mexico: #Obama 51%, #Romney 40%... po.st/tDL9by #NM

@RasmussenPoll make a mistake NM is stupid, I hope Susana Martinez will rub off on some of the masses 51% idiots.

.. Should I be shocked, or just disgusted? “@RasmussenPoll: New Mexico: #Obama 51%, #Romney 40%... tinyurl.com/749z8sz #NM”

there must be a large percentage of dependents living in NM... Bring on that gov payck!

And, they are a Republican run state doing better than most but ..would vote to go backwards. AMAZING IGNORANCE !

What is wrong with these swing states? Are they on drugs? Oh yeah, entitlements... same thing.

Cloudy

Banned
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...2-bb5e-492c0d30bff6_story.html?wpmk=MK0000205

Obama’s administration is in shambles, yet he is prospering politically. This may not, however, entirely be evidence of the irrationality of the electorate. Something more benign may be at work.

A significant date in the nation’s civil rights progress involved an African American baseball player named Robinson, but not Jackie. The date was Oct. 3, 1974, when Frank Robinson, one the greatest players in history, was hired by the Cleveland Indians as the major leagues’ first black manager. But an even more important milestone of progress occurred June 19, 1977, when the Indians fired him. That was colorblind equality.

Managers get fired all the time. The fact that the Indians felt free to fire Robinson — who went on to have a distinguished career managing four other teams — showed that another racial barrier had fallen: Henceforth, African Americans, too, could enjoy the God-given right to be scapegoats for impatient team owners or incompetent team executives.

Perhaps a pleasant paradox defines this political season: That Obama is African American may be important, but in a way quite unlike that darkly suggested by, for example, MSNBC’s excitable boys and girls who, with their (at most) one-track minds and exquisitely sensitive olfactory receptors, sniff racism in any criticism of their pin-up. Instead, the nation, which is generally reluctant to declare a president a failure — thereby admitting that it made a mistake in choosing him — seems especially reluctant to give up on the first African American president. If so, the 2012 election speaks well of the nation’s heart, if not its head.
Does George Will realize how condescending this sounds? Hey asshole, maybe most folks just think Obama's done a pretty good job and/or Romney would be a lot worse

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Obama 50 Romney 47

CNN: It's a tie!

FUCK you, CNN.

I like how obama's range being from 47-53% and Romney's range being from 44-50% means it's a tie.

It is just as likely for Obama to be up 51.5%-45.5% as it is for both obama and romney to be at 48.5%. It is just as likely for Obama to be leading by at least 6 points as it is for Romney to be ahead of obama by any amount.

That said, the fact that out of 40 randomly adults, roughly 19 of them would vote for Mitt Romney over Barack Obama scares the crap out of me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...2-bb5e-492c0d30bff6_story.html?wpmk=MK0000205

Does George Will realize how condescending this sounds? Hey asshole, maybe most folks just think Obama's done a pretty good job and/or Romney would be a lot worse

Wow what a dick. Seriously is it so impossible that Obama is not the boogy-man you make him out to be and might actually be a decent president? The tears will be delicious from this man.

Also, Kosmo is finally gone? For good?

3rdman

Great news.

I'm not against Voter ID per se but what pissed me off about the PA Law is how they rammed it through for this years Presidential Elections. People (and the gov't agencies giving ID's) should have the time to get their stuff together.

You're under the impression that those that crafted this law would actually want to give the public and lawyers time to scrutinize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom