• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way protestors are being treated in Charlotte is embarrassing. Herded up like cattle and surrounded by bicycles? Fucking really?

reminds me of:

lindsay-bluth-dancing-in-cage-1.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
A little bit, since the difference there would likely only be 3 or 4 percent.

It's tough to say because voters in blue states may be more likely to vote, same for red states.. but other then Texas...

Crisco

Banned
Romney should rehire that debate coach in a hurry. It is his only chance. That...and major economic meltdown.

Yeah .... I really think this is what they've been betting on all a long. For all their talk of "Obama can't run on his record", they can't run against his record either. At least not his real record. That's why almost all their attacks have been based on lies and distortions. They literally have nothing solid to point too except the unemployment rate as evidence that Obama has "failed". Most people blame the economic woes on Bush and congress, not Obama. They needed a real catastrophe, like the eurozone collapsing or a war with Iran, to point too and say "look what happened under this guy's watch".

pigeon

Banned
Wow, so Democrats used to be the party of Southern conservatism / white supremacy? What a shameful legacy.

Thanks for the history lesson, conservatives. How could black people not vote Republican now?

I love the audacity of hoping that voters will forget the last sixty years and remember the previous hundred instead. Maybe they should start talking about the rich progressive tradition of Teddy Roosevelt (before he ditched them for the Bull Moose).

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Yeah .... I really think this is what they've been betting on all a long. For all their talk of "Obama can't run on his record", they can't run against his record either.

I do love the Republican doublethink of "OBUMMER IS DOING EVERYTHING TO DESTROY AMERICA!" and "Nobama can't run on his record because he's done absolutely nothing!".

Zabka

Romney should rehire that debate coach in a hurry. It is his only chance. That...and major economic meltdown.

I totally forgot that his campaign fired their debate coach for doing too well. Another brilliant campaign decision that inspires confidence in his ability to be President.

massoluk

Banned
I will laugh so hard if Obama evens it up in NC after the convention, I realize it's unlikely based on new polls, but it's still more likely to happen than say Indiana.

Probably not that it's something special, but i chuckle a bit at the thought of Dem losing NC and GOP losing FL, considering why both choose to hold the convention at those places.

Angry Fork

I know this isn't an issue of "they do it, too!!" but what happened to protestors at the RNC?

Don't know to be honest, I'm just against the caging up of protestors in general. They can put them to a spot where nobody will pay attention and claim it's so they don't get in the way of normal operating hours. But protesting is supposed to be about disruption otherwise nobody would notice.

Tea Partiers are bat shit insane and completely ignorant but if people on the left should be allowed to protest then so should those on the right (although the ones on the left have historically been treated much much worse since their beefs are legitimate). I'm not against fighting fire with fire though I just haven't read anything about RNC protests so I don't know how they were treated.

Don't know to be honest, I'm just against the caging up of protestors in general. They can put them to a spot where nobody will pay attention and claim it's so they don't get in the way of normal operating hours. But protesting is supposed to be about disruption otherwise nobody would notice.

Tea Partiers are bat shit insane and completely ignorant but if people on the left should be allowed to protest then so should those on the right (although the ones on the left have historically been treated much much worse since their beefs are legitimate).

Not to mention that all of the protestors are not Tea Party members. There's a lot of Green Party support and other groups are represented as well.

Didn't Bush declare a "mandate to lead" after this relatively narrow win in 2004? I wonder what Obama will say after he wins (again) with >300 EVs.

Yup, then he tried to privatize social security and was slapped down by voters and congress.

Obama is still acting like republicans will come to the table after another drubbing. Not gonna happen. The playbook will be "obstruct until 2014." As long as the house is dominated by tea party types you can kiss the Jobs Act goodbye

Does anyone have that app for the iPad called "The Daily" from News Corp? Their content always seemed pretty good, not crazy right wing fox news styles shit but starting yesterday they've been sending some strongly anti-Obama push notifications..

SI58ml.jpg

Tim-E

Who is this ad even targeted towards? Is the Romney campaign even doing any research on the voter demographics out there? Not a single vote (statistically) will be swayed by this ad.

I think it's pretty telling considering Obama's stance on gay marriage never came up during the RNC last week (that I'm aware of). It's only a matter of time before this isn't even an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom