• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
Holy shit. :lol

Pretty soon it'll be this:

brak-obama-29787-1287514643-7.jpg

Kosmo

Banned
Does anyone have that app for the iPad called "The Daily" from News Corp? Their content always seemed pretty good, not crazy right wing fox news styles shit but starting yesterday they've been sending some strongly anti-Obama push notifications..

SI58ml.jpg

Reality has a well known anti-Obama bias.

Ahahahahahahahah, a typo! Good find, Kosmo!

This is the new definition of major gaffe. After the Palin disaster republicans started focusing more on minor gaffes during speeches, to prove 1) dems are dumber than republicans 2) the media doesn't report on it. That's why there's so much focus on Biden ("omg did you hear Biden say it's 85 degrees outside when it's really 89 degrees lololol is he going senile").

DynamicG

The what?

It's getting really hard to figure out what he's talking about lately. He used to have long arguments that were crazy over time, now it's just drop by posting that don't really attach to anything major and are vaguely coherent from the start.

I'm hoping his next phase is just posting scrambled versions of Romney press releases like some sort of bot.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So uh, very unrelated. Does anyone in here speak Mandarin? I really wanna know what Jon Huntsman says about Romney at the 20:40 mark. The entire thing is a great episode, so yeah.

http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/thu-august-30-2012-jon-huntsman

Romney must have a son that can speak it. Ask him ;)

It's getting really hard to figure out what he's talking about lately. He used to have long arguments that were crazy, now it's just drop by posting that don't really attach to anything major.

I'm hoping his next phase is just posting scrambled versions of Romney press releases like some sort of bot.

Horseebooks for Politics?

Kosmo

Banned
There was a typo in some photo app from the Romney campaign that people joked about and I think it hurt Kosmo's feelings.

No, it just distorted what I thought PoliGAF found important/comical. To PD's point, apparently it's only to be joked about for Republicans. My bad!

DynamicG

Horseebooks for Politics?

That would be a huge improvement.

At this point he's like those fanboys that pop into threads on gaming side and accuses everyone else of hivemind.

No, it just distorted what I thought PoliGAF found important/comical. To PD's point, apparently it's only to be joked about for Republicans. My bad!

Like this! Instead of picking fights with particular members, he just fires his poo shotgun into the crowd because we're all Obama apologists apparently and none of this criticism is founded in Romney running an awful campaign in an election that should have been a cakewalk for him.

Kosmo

Banned
Like this! Instead of picking fights with particular members, he just fires his poo shotgun into the crowd because we're all Obama apologists apparently and none of this criticism is founded in Romney running an awful campaign in an election that should have been a cakewalk for him.

I have found little evidence to the contrary for most in PoliGAF, save minor issues. Fake-PD, eznark, Bulbo, TA, and a few others aside, of course.

Oh dems definitely have gaffes, but the minor stuff you guys focus on rarely compares to things like...not being able to name a newspaper you read, seeing Russia from your house...yeah. And before you mention Obama and his 57 states, I'd chalk up 90% of stump speech brain farts as minor, as would most Americans. No one looks at Obama and says "ha he thinks there are 57 states." People look at Palin and say "ha...she's pretty dumb." To be fair, many look at Biden in a similar fashion but overall Palin takes the cake.

DynamicG

I have found little evidence to the contrary for most in PoliGAF, save minor issues. Fake-PD, eznark, Bulbo, TA, and a few others aside , of course.

I'd agree that there is a large liberal slant here, but your method of countering that bias doesn't help your case nor does it foster discussion.

I'm a moderate from the deep south. I'm likely not going to vote because I don't really care for either choice, but I'm very interested in political processes, so I like to look at the arguments folks have in this thread.

The bolded names have done alot to put good arguments up and are great posters overall. They also provide valid counterpoints to many ideologically liberal arguments and don't bother to acknowledge the fanboy bullshit. I'd add Alteredbeast to that list too, though he may not count with your definition of 'not being an Obama apologist.'

You don't add anything to most discussions and don't do much to bridge gaps in ideology or beliefs.

DynamicG

Well sure, if you actually look at what people were laughing at, it's obvious why A Better Amercia was an internet hit while Barak isn't.

But why would you look at the facts when you can just autopost false equivalencies.

I mean, this isn't even close to his most egregious one today.

Someone needs to program a Kosmo false equivalency generator.

Kosmo

Banned
Oh dems definitely have gaffes, but the minor stuff you guys focus on rarely compares to things like...not being able to name a newspaper you read, seeing Russia from your house...yeah. And before you mention Obama and his 57 states, I'd chalk up 90% of stump speech brain farts as minor, as would most Americans. No one looks at Obama and says "ha he thinks there are 57 states." People look at Palin and say "ha...she's pretty dumb." To be fair, many look at Biden in a similar fashion but overall Palin takes the cake.

I am no Sarah Palin defender, but that was from an SNL skit.

DynamicG

It would explain why he connects with Romney so well.

Yeah, I think they interface via a serial port.

Has this election been really boring to anyone else? I know this election is frequently compared to 2004 but I don't recall it being that boring. Things are happening, but they aren't major. Not much real future policy being discussed on either side.

Chichikov

What Palin said was this:

"you can actually see Russia, from land, here in Alaska"

And it's just as fucking moronic.
I think the crazy bit about it that she used it as a credential for her foreign policy chops.
That an amazingly silly thing to say even if you could see Russia from her house.

Has this election been really boring to anyone else? I know this election is frequently compared to 2004 but I don't recall it being that boring. Things are happening, but they aren't major. Not much real future policy being discussed on either side.

Not surprising as Palin was the source of endless entertainment in 2008. We don't really have an equivalent in 2012.

Also, most of Liberal GAF seems convinced that Obama already has this in the bag.

Kosmo

Banned

Resistance is futile

tumblr_m5z99dDdrP1r47jb1o1_400.jpg

Wait until Israel bombs Iran - then it will get interesting.

Here's the algorithm:

One side does something bad.

=

But the other side is just as bad but worse because Kenya.

And here I thought it was:

One side does something bad.

=

But the other side isn't as bad because they evolved on gay marriage.

I'm for gay marriage, FYI

DynamicG

I think the crazy bit about it that she used it as a credential for her foreign policy chops.
That an amazingly silly thing to say even if you could see Russia from her house.

I was just about to post this same thing! It was insane that they used that to say she knew about foreign policy.

Kosmo

Banned
I was just about to post this same thing! It was insane that they used that to say she knew about foreign policy.

Palin is the worst VP pick in modern history - there is no question about that. That being said, she was treated shittier than any other VP ever and even female Democrats admit it was unfair and she would not have been treated that way if she was a man.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It almost reminds me of the last NY state gubernatorial election, except Romney isn't as insane as Palladino and Cuomo isn't as charismatic as Obama. Dear god Cuomo's entire election strategy came down to "Hey, it's me your AG. I'd like to be Governor. This is my opponent" at which point we'd see a clip of Palladino on the news being retarded or kidnapping a member of the press (yes this happened, he handcuffed a guy in a backroom if memory serves). Basically we all knew how it would end, sort of like how we all know how this will end.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Wait until Israel bombs Iran - then it will get interesting.
Should this happen, I hope the US response is "you're on your fucking own."

It won't be, for myriad reasons, but there's no god damn reason for anyone to go to war with Iran at this moment. Furthermore, Isreal has plenty of military firepower. They don't need the US to join in. But hey, I guess I'm throwing them under the bus, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom