• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Palin is the worst VP pick in modern history - there is no question about that. That being said, she was treated shittier than any other VP ever and even female Democrats admit it was unfair and she would not have been treated that way if she was a man.

Dan Quayle was treated roughly like that. And it's not a coincidence. She and her handlers played up her gender and indeed, her milfy sex appeal both to the base and the broader audience.

She would not have been treated that way if she wasn't a retard.

Kosmo

Banned
Chuck Norris: Obama Reelection Will Bring '1,000 Years Of Darkness'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/..._1854309.html?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=Politics

This is seriously the kind of line I expect out of reading grimdark 40k. Apparently our democratically elected president is actually a daemon ready to plunge our world into a millennium of darkness if the pact is sealed (and he is elected... again).

Then Romney is the obvious choice - he's only bringing us back 200 years to 1812 according to Villaraigosa.

massoluk

Banned
Palin is the worst VP pick in modern history - there is no question about that. That being said, she was treated shittier than any other VP ever and even female Democrats admit it was unfair and she would not have been treated that way if she was a man.

Bull crap. Totally Potatoe.

Guevara

Chuck Norris: Obama Reelection Will Bring '1,000 Years Of Darkness'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/..._1854309.html?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=Politics

This is seriously the kind of line I expect out of reading grimdark 40k. Apparently our democratically elected president is actually a daemon ready to plunge our world into a millennium of darkness if the pact is sealed (and he is elected... again).

That's exactly the feel I got from it. It would be funny except that 1/3 of the country seems to actually believe that Obama = the antichrist.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
CNN now reporting tht Romney got a whopping 1-point bounce from the convention in their poll.

Has both men tied at 48%.

Yeah, I think they interface via a serial port.

Has this election been really boring to anyone else? I know this election is frequently compared to 2004 but I don't recall it being that boring. Things are happening, but they aren't major. Not much real future policy being discussed on either side.

It seems pretty wishy-washy to me so far. For some reason the notion's popped up a couple of times that this is "the most negative campaign season evah" and I'm like, are you kidding? So far this is the blandest election since 1996.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Actually in the VP debate, Biden treated Palin with kid gloves for fear that he'd look like he was bullying a woman.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
CNN now reporting tht Romney got a whopping 1-point bounce from the convention in their poll.

Has both men tied at 48%.

The polling after the DNC will be very interesting.

Is the lack of bounce from an additional pre-exposure, new media or lackluster convention or something else? Maybe the bump is there but something is driving Romney numbers down? Difficult to tell until after the DNC.

Is the lack of bounce from an additional pre-exposure, new media or lackluster convention or something else? Maybe the bump is there but something is driving Romney numbers down? Difficult to tell until after the DNC.

Romney.

Clevinger

I keep hearing that there's barely any undecideds in this race. I think it's that.

I don't expect Obama to get any bounce.

Actually in the VP debate, Biden treated Palin with kid gloves for fear that he'd look like he was bullying a woman.

yeah, and Barack hardly mentioned her at all when she first came into the scene. And the questions Katie Couric asked were some really softball questions, and she still dun goof, lmao!! For a so-called "pitbull with lipstick" she was awfully terrible at handling the press. They sure love to talk tough, but they are just cowards in the end. Romney continues that tradition.

Much like the candidates running against Romney in the primary, her humiliation was self-inflicted.

the dumb shit Barack puts up with is like a million times worse

daedalius

CHEEZMO™;41750379 said:
Romney would probably be a Necron or something.

Emotionless robot bent on amassing power and exterminating all life?

I suppose a few comparisons could be drawn.

...I still think wealth god/job throne is better though ;)

Bullshit. Palin got treated far better than she would have if she were a man. Look at what happened to Stockdale when he screwed up one debate. The man was torn apart, and not fairly.

Had Stockdale actually BEEN incompetent and unqualified (as Palin is) who knows how bad it would have been for him.

Even dan Quayle was dismissed as one step up from moron, based on a couple of gaffes, but isn't anywhere near as clueless and out of his element as she was

Loudninja

Double-Digit Gains in August Car Sales
The Detroit car companies all reported double-digit increases in sales for the month compared with the same period a year ago. And the big Japanese carmakers continued to rebound from supply shortages last year to post substantial year-over-year sales gains.

General Motors, the nation’s largest auto manufacturer, said its American sales grew 10 percent to 240,000 vehicles in August. The increase was driven by a strong performance by its Chevrolet passenger cars, particularly the new Sonic subcompact model.

G.M. also reported one of its best sales months ever for the Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid. The company said it sold 2,800 Volts during August, compared with 300 a year earlier.

“Although trucks had a solid month, the small-car performance is what’s most impressive about G.M.'s numbers today,” said Jessica Caldwell, an analyst with the automotive Web site Edmunds.com.

Ford Motor Company said its August sales increased 13 percent to 197,000 vehicles. It reported its biggest gains in the Focus compact car and the new Escape, its smallest sport utility vehicle.

Focus sales were up 35 percent compared with the same period a year earlier, and Escape sales rose 36 percent.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/05/b...les.html?_r=1&smid=tw-nytimeswheels&seid=auto

What makes me LOL harder is how CNN tried to spin that was about normal and how he probably expected that.

Didn't McCain get 2-3 points?
McCain got the lead. His convention was also after Obama's.

Hey guys. That CNN poll that has Romney tied? Has more Republicans than Democrats in the likely voter screen. That's why Obama "loses" 7 points. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Kosmo

Banned
I cannot respect a man who cannot make a simple decision between one of the best QBs of all time and an overhyped religious nutter:

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/11-News-Anchor-Dianne-Derby-168414096.html

And I even had a chance to have a little fun with President Obama as we ended the interview.

Dianne Derby: Thank you, Sir.

President Obama: Thank you, enjoyed it.

Dianne Derby: Tim Tebow or Peyton Manning?

President Obama: Oh I'm not going to get into that.

C'mon man, grow a pair! LOL

CHEEZMO™;41752339 said:
No insanity to mock.

You obviously haven't seen the sand sculpture:

Obama%20copy.jpg

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Actually I saw it this morning and thought "Y'know, it looks funny but considering it's 12 foot tall and is made out of fucking sand then it's not bad."

Edit: And I actually find the wonkiness of it kind of endearing in a way.

@DavidShuster: Obama officials: Last 2 days of internals show Obama +9 over Romney in Ohio.
Holy fuck.

Yeah, I can see why Plouffe is subtracting 2 from their internals. I don't even believe that.

If there's any nugget of truth to this, Obama's winning 347-191 easily, and Democrats will probably get the House back. Unless Ohio just really hates Romney.

Kosmo

Banned
CHEEZMO™;41752452 said:
Actually I saw it this morning and thought "Y'know, it looks funny but considering it's 12 foot tall and is made out of fucking sand then it's not bad."

Edit: And I actually find the wonkiness of it kind of endearing in a way.

And I rest my case

DNC thread isn't even on the top 3 pages of ot gaf. No enthusiasm/interest here
Obama/Biden have been in office for 4 years. There is just not much to get from an incumbent convention. At least with the RNC convention, there was a chance to learn something about their ticket. Unfortunately, Ryan lied and Romney spewed vague platitudes. At least Clint was amusing.

I largely ignored the RNC convention except I heard Clint & Mitt. I'll probably listen to about that much of the DNC convention.

Super excited for Bam's speech. It should set the tone for the upcoming campaign discussion over the next few months. But more importantly, an Obama DNC speech gets that university dialectics kid in me cheering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom