• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, you know.

edit:

yesssssss. Need to buy more jars for Nov 6th.

The GOP is so funny. Mitt had a secret tape released so you know that the stooges behind Hannity et al have been scouring hours and hours upon footage of Obama trying to find something - anything - to counter it. Hence that stupid redistribution video and now this.

Their mentality "Oh no, they have a video on Mitt we have to get a video on Obama" is astounding. They really have no gameplan. It's been 6 months and they've still barely focused on the weak economy...which was the whole point of them having any chance.

Brian Beutler, apt as always:
U1Gzo.png

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
There was this great video that was posted during the last election where the narrator said: "Did you know that Barack Obama is secret member of a group called the Black community?". It ended with: "I'm John McCain, and I just don't care anymore".

Gotta dig that up...

What is the "free phone crowd?" Surely one of you who's been down the rabbit hole brought a Rosetta Stone for this stuff.

There was this video of a black woman saying something like vote for obama cuz he gives free cell phones out and the GOP claims Obama buying votes with free cell phones.

But it really comes from a plan Reagan initiated IIRC (and enhanced under W) plus cell phone providers having a low income assistance program.

Both the GOP and woman come off stupid.

RDreamer

Reading the transcript of some of the rest of the speech, and... are they sure they want to bring this out? Obama could just fire back with segments of the same fucking speech.

I mean, seriously:

They didn't pay me much, but they gave me enough to live on plus something extra to buy an old, beat-up car, and so I took the job and drove out to Chicago, where I didn't know a soul. And during the time I was there, we worked to set up job training programs for the unemployed and after school programs for kids.

They think that'll hurt him? He got paid almost nothing and went to help set up job training programs for the unemployed, and he's now fighting for presidency against a guy who literally said he doesn't care about the poor, and thinks 47% of the nation will never have personal responsibility.

and this:

We understand it because we get the sense today that politics has become a business and not a mission. The leaders in Washington have forgotten President Kennedy's call to remember that "here on Earth God's work must truly be our own."

In the last several years, we have seen Washington become a place where driving the wedge to further divide us and keeping score of who's up and who's down is more important than who's working on behalf of the sick and the hungry and the lonely.

This is seriously a good speech. WTF are conservatives on in this country. Jesus christ...

pigeon

Banned
What is the "free phone crowd?" Surely one of you who's been down the rabbit hole brought a Rosetta Stone for this stuff.

Whenever you can't figure out what a freeper is talking about, flip through "What's New" on Snopes.

snopes said:
I was standing in line at the checkout counter at Wal Mart and as I looked
at the line behind me, I saw a couple of people talking about what looked
like identical new cell phones, bragging about the fact that their phones
were free and so was the airtime.
The woman in line behind me had heard the same exchange and turned to the
young man behind her and asked, "Is that a new type of cell phone?"
The young man replied, "Yes, this is my new 'Obama phone'".
She asked him what an "Obama phone" was, and he went on to say that,
"Welfare recipients are now eligible to receive" what he described as (1)
a FREE new cell phone, and (2) approximately 70 FREE minutes of air time
every month.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/cellphone.asp

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Reading the transcript of some of the rest of the speech, and... are they sure they want to bring this out? Obama could just fire back with segments of the same fucking speech.

I mean, seriously:

They think that'll hurt him? He got paid almost nothing and went to help set up job training programs for the unemployed, and he's now fighting for presidency against a guy who literally said he doesn't care about the poor, and thinks 47% of the nation will never have personal responsibility.

and this:

This is seriously a good speech. WTF are conservatives on in this country. Jesus christ...
Yeah, its bizarre...

Averon

With the country diversifying rapidly, and the share of white, male voters diminishing with each election, I wonder what the GOP will do once race-baiting and dog-whistling for white votes is no longer enough.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I mean, seriously:

and this:

Seriously I am confused as to why they would bring this video out. It's like they want him to win.

Oblivion

I will say this, though. No matter what you think of Obama, it IS pretty impressive to be simultaneously atheist, muslim and christian.

thatbox

Banned
There was this video of a black woman saying something like vote for obama cuz he gives free cell phones out and the GOP claims Obama buying votes with free cell phones.

But it really comes from a plan Reagan initiated IIRC (and enhanced under W) plus cell phone providers having a low income assistance program.

Both the GOP and woman come off stupid.

Oh. I guess I knew that, deep down. I just assumed it was something wryer, or with more substance. Lesson learned.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I like how this is just another batch of patented GOP doublethink™.

"Obama acts like a white guy! Why doesn't he embrace his Blackness?? (read: behave like we think black people behave *clutches pearls*)"

"Obama is acting like a fiery black man!! Why is he inserting race into everything?!"

Other fine examples:

"Obama is only gonna focus on giving all the money and jobs to Black people and ignore the Whites because he hates them!" and "Why is Black poverty so high, eh Obummer??"

"Obama is a Muslim Brotherhood sleeper agent!!" and "Obama is a radical Christian extremist!"

"Obama is doing everything possible to run America into the ground and is gonna do all this radical shit if we dont stop him!!" and "Obama has done nothing so he cant run on his record"

"Obama is a dumbass ghetto street thug (notracist)!" and "Obama is a snooty elitist!"

I can't be bothered thinking of more even though there is.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Big thanks to Barry and Mittens. Teacher took one look at tomorrow nights road closures and canceled class for tomorrow night (My school is about 5 miles from DU).

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I will say this, though. No matter what you think of Obama, it IS pretty impressive to be simultaneously atheist, muslim and christian.

Taking a page from the Quantum Romney software.

I mean, seriously:

and this:

But PD said is was disgusting.......based on what he says he read online......in which he doesn't bother to elaborate.

Oblivion

Honestly, I didn't have any animosity against Kosmo. Sure he loved to point out a bunch of really dumb false equivalencies, but he was a far cry from say, the average Freeper or Breitbrat. Sucks he got permed.

Amir0x

Banned
i think we must send out a missive to ConservativeGAF to try to get some of 'em in here, this topic is now 99.8% echo chamber

Home prices nationwide are recovering, making their largest leap in more than six years in August, according to a new report.

Prices soared 4.6% in August from the same month last year, the biggest year-over-year increase since July 2006, according to real estate data provider CoreLogic in Irvine.

And the gauge rose 0.3% from July for its sixth straight monthly increase.

All but six states are experiencing the gains, with only 20 of 100 major cities showing price depreciation, according to CoreLogic. In July, 26 major metro areas experienced slumps.

The overall increase is magnified by factoring out the weight of distressed sales, including short sales and foreclosures, CoreLogic said. The measure jumped 4.9% year over year and was up 1% from July.
http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-home-prices-20121002,0,345007.story

Bad news for Obama!

edit: Nevada saw a big rise which is really good since they got hit the hardest.

Dram

Honestly, I didn't have any animosity against Kosmo. Sure he loved to point out a bunch of really dumb false equivalencies, but he was a far cry from say, the average Freeper or Breitbrat. Sucks he got permed.

Why did he get perma banned?

But PD said is was disgusting.......based on what he says he read online......in which he doesn't bother to elaborate.

Its.Phoenix.fucking.Dark.

Why the fuck do 80% of poligaf regulars keep responding to him as if he means what he's saying?! I don't know what kind of psychological processes are going on with this "playing along", but it leaves me puzzled. It's a completely futile excercise.

About the video: hilariously sad that they think this video is "dirt" on Obama, and hilariously sad that they'll push and distort and cut/paste to make it look as "dirt" on Obama. I hope this thing doesn't gain any traction at all.

There was this great video that was posted during the last election where the narrator said: "Did you know that Barack Obama is secret member of a group called the Black community?". It ended with: "I'm John McCain, and I just don't care anymore".

Gotta dig that up...
And its blatantly obvious that this so called community is advancing the Black Agenda, looking for special rights and the destruction of traditional paleness.

i think we must send out a missive to ConservativeGAF to try to get some of 'em in here, this topic is now 99.8% echo chamber

Haha, was thinking the same. We need to spread the word that there a job opening for sane right-leaning, conservative people to contribute to Poligaf.

Amir0x

Banned
Haha, was thinking the same. We need to spread the word that there a job opening for sane right-leaning, conservative people to contribute to Poligaf.

the key is getting them to stay with the mountain of opposition they'll get in five seconds

honestly, I can support some pretty libertarian positions, but they never seem to come up in PoliGAF

legalize all drugs, yo. I also agree that we should allow private businesses to discriminate, if they want, even though I'm obviously strongly against discrimination. come at me liberalGAF!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
wow @ this comment

RACIST! OBAMA IS A RACIST BLACK MAN

SOMEONE CALL THE ADL RACISM IS WRONG, HELP ADL

wait you dont care about black-on-white racism? Oh, when will you silly niggers learn

xxxx59xxxx 5 seconds ago

Problem is finding sane conservatives that actually defend the current GOP.

Last night Ahnold was on The Daily Show. Online had an extended interview. In it Stewart kept pressing him how he's a republican. Ahnold kept talking about how he's was elected for the public, not the party. That pollution is important. That stem cell research was important. He talked about how Reagan created the California EPA. He talked about how he supported Obamacare and believed it is stupid not to address healthcare directly. In other interviews, he supports gay marriage and himself has wed 2 gay couples.

he also claimed in that interview that infrastructure spending is a huge issue and that we need to double it (and mentioned the stimulus from '09 did not have enough infrastructure spending in it).

His argument for still being a Republican seemed to simply boil down to his belief in no tax raises and helping businesses (probably through less regulation, though he never mentioned Wall Street regulations, just regular businesses). He claimed his concern for the national debt and wanting to pay it down was him being a fiscal conservative.

This is what a sane Republican looks like even if I disagree with his tax beliefs. And to my knowledge, Ahnold has not endorsed Mitt and he certainly isn't helping the GOP (sorry, I don't buy an argument he is toxic even if he lost female support).

Anyway, my point is sane so-called conservatives may dislike Obama, but they really don't like Romney or the current state of the GOP and thus they are in no-man's land right now.

omg @ this comment on the SUPER SEKRIT OBUMMER IS TEH RACISTZ video:

This is 10 MINS OF A 30 MINUITE VIDEO ......WHY WAS IT EDITED IN ORDER TO BE PLACED HERE?????? .....WE HAVE THE EDITED PARTS AND THEY ARE BAAAD REALLY BAAAAD FOR O-RACIST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom