• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does he even say on the video to matter?

Like Obama would say something in 2007 in a college speech that could hurt him, lmao. GOP running around with their underwear on their heads again.

It must really, really infuriate GOP operatives that they couldn't dig up one speck of dirt from Obama's past. Dude's from Chicago. He should have at least half a dozen dead bodies buried somewhere. Needless to say, I'm thoroughly enjoying their fluster.

Guevara

Someone summarize the video

I'm skipping around a bit but I can't even find what's supposed to be offensive. It's a little bit churchy and it discusses race in the context of Katrina and the L.A. riots. It also strongly condemns the Iraq war and discusses our need to exit.

Obama "this administration was color blind in it's incompetence [Around Katrina]" but the poverty has been around much longer (paraphrasing).

I don't know.

Loudninja

Obama Leads By 3 Points In Florida
President Obama leads Republican nominee Mitt Romney 46 percent to Romney's 43 percent in a new poll of Florida from Suffolk University. From their analysis:
Romney continues to struggle with his likability. His 45 percent favorable rating is 3 points higher than in a survey the Suffolk University Political Research Center conducted in May; yet his unfavorable rating is also up 2 points, to 47 percent today.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/obama-leads-by-3-points-in-florida

Amir0x

Banned
So THIS is what they're going to pin on Obama:

'My pastor, the guy who puts up with me, counsels me, listens to my wife complain about me. He's a friend and a great leader. Not just in Chicago, but all across the country...'

In other words, REVEREND WRIGHT shit... again lol

I don't know what is more pathetic, Drudge and Fox for thinking this video hurts Obama, or PD for hoping on the "this can destroy Obama" bandwagon without having one clue what they had.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The reason I don't think Ryan's comments will be as damaging is because it's easier to say 30% of the country are lazy, stupid, welfare loving, Democratic leeches. When you change that to nearly half the country, that's more difficult because moderates/independents/undecideds (LOL) would consider themselves in that percentage.

I'm really, really interested in what Mitt said when he was at Chipotle.

"Time to buy this company out and load it up with debt! You already have the mexicans working here... and the blacks. Cheap labor! I COULD DO SOMETHING WITH THIS."

That's why dude on the right has the bug eyes. Because Romney said "The blacks". Or at least, in my mind he did.

JCreasy

romneychipotle.banner.AP.jpg

Romney, man of the people, at Chipotle looking casual.

Came here to post this :)

RDreamer

The reason I don't think Ryan's comments will be as damaging is because it's easier to say 30% of the country are lazy, stupid, welfare loving, Democratic leeches. When you change that to nearly half the country, that's more difficult because moderates/independents/undecideds (LOL) would consider themselves in that percentage.

I guess, it's still pretty shitty to say that 30% of the country doesn't want the American dream. That's pretty bullshit and that's one of the reasons Romney couldn't weasel his way out of the 47% thing.

Atlagev

Unless there is an extended version of that video, I found nothing controversial in it. In fact, I think it's *positive*. He talks about never forgetting the wounds of the past regarding race, but also about picking themselves up as a community and moving forward.

I guess the only thing that was kind of odd to me was his more, um, "urban" way of speaking, but he was speaking to a specific crowd. I don't know what they got here. This isn't going to get any traction outside of Fox News.

RDreamer

I missed this, what is this Ryan video?

Huffington Post has it

It's really not a big deal, but that's mostly because Ryan was already a shit-heel.

Unless there is an extended version of that video, I found nothing controversial in it. In fact, I think it's *positive*. He talks about never forgetting the wounds of the past regarding race, but also about picking themselves up as a community and moving forward.

I guess the only thing that was kind of odd to me was his more, um, "urban" way of speaking, but he was speaking to a specific crowd. I don't know what they got here. This isn't going to get any traction outside of Fox News.

What's funnier, too, is just how much that alleged Muslim seems to mention God in this secret speech that Fox News wants us all to see!

jbug617

Banned

you have to wait for the Fox News cut and paste.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm loving this. Upon watching the video, the Price is Right loser horns began to play in the background of my mind..

.. their desperation.. it is so delectable.

Amir0x

Banned
God, I can't get over what an amazing miscalculation this shit is.

Not only is it going to be on Hannity and ignored by most people tomorrow, but the debates will erase any memory even if the tiniest string of controversy was starting to build. And the video is so non-controversial that I can't imagine it'd muster a mention during the debates. It's the perfect do-nothing video lol

So THIS is what they're going to pin on Obama:

'My pastor, the guy who puts up with me, counsels me, listens to my wife complain about me. He's a friend and a great leader. Not just in Chicago, but all across the country...'

In other words, REVEREND WRIGHT shit... again lol

Can't have a reverend if you're a muslim!

Seriously, this shit is just... god damn. The GOP really has gone full retard.

It must piss them off to no end that they can't get a scandal out of Obama, no matter what they try. He loves his wife. Seems to be a honest person. He's not playing by the old-white-guy playbook of 20th century politics that the GOP would normally use to bust on people or bring them down. He's not doing dumb shit like Edwards, or becoming a target like Kerry or Gore. He's not getting his dick sucked by interns. He's just doing his job.

Wow this video is amazing, thanks for bringing my attention to it Drudge

Obama respect +10
Yeah, I watch this and I think:
1) he is talking about the lack of healthcare . . . he improved that.
2) He is talking about the Iraq war that needs to end . . . and he ended it.

Damn . . . so what is the bad part? The fact that he used a black preacher voice? He is a black guy preaching!

Is there a photo list of offensive/stupid/wrong headlines from drudge?

i'm not sure if such an image wouldn't crash any computer that opened it because of the sheer size it would have to be

(e: complete side note, but i don't know if i'd rather watch the debate tomorrow night or write papers and do LSAT prep. this is likely a problem.)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I guess, it's still pretty shitty to say that 30% of the country doesn't want the American dream. That's pretty bullshit and that's one of the reasons Romney couldn't weasel his way out of the 47% thing.

Well, we all agree it's a shitty thing to say, I'm just saying as shitty as it is, it gives the little boy genius a bit more leeway.

markatisu

I am telling you guys, wait till next week when I am sure they will bring back BILL AYERS OH NOZ lol

I swear this has to be the Republicans mindset now

oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Can't have a reverend if you're a muslim!

Seriously, this shit is just... god damn. The GOP really has gone full retard.

It must piss them off to no end that they can't get a scandal out of Obama, no matter what they try. He loves his wife. Seems to be a honest person. He's not playing by the old-white-guy playbook of 20th century politics that the GOP would normally use to bust on people or bring them down. He's not doing dumb shit like Edwards, or becoming a target like Kerry or Gore. He's not getting his dick sucked by interns. He's just doing his job.

It's funny watching them try though. With each attempt they likely alienate more voters too.

lololololololol the video has been on YouTube since '07.

Hannity was probably going to take one little part out of it and make it seem like something bad a la "you didn't build that".

The funniest thing I take from this video is how Obama changes his pronunciation of certain words when he's speaking to a predominantly black crowd in order to sound more black. But it's not the first time we've heard him do this.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
i could've sworn i just read an article this past weekend that the SuperPACs behind Romney were strong on coordination, and part of that can be seen by the lack of ads attacking Obama on old topics like Ayers or Wright.

and now, this.

thefro

NBC/WSJ poll, Obama 49 Romney 46 among LV. Not sure if the last poll was only RV or not. Todd said Romney was benefiting from more Republicans making it through the LV screen.

Probably a good thing if the race seems "close" again for the media.

Averon

NBC/WSJ poll, Obama 49 Romney 46 among LV. Not sure if the last poll was only RV or not. Todd said Romney was benefiting from more Republicans making it through the LV screen.

Probably a good thing if the race seems "close" again for the media.

Romney's ceiling seems to be 45-47 percent.

Amir0x

Banned
MONEY QUOTE from Drudge, he just edited:

"'We don't need to build more highways out in the suburbs. We should be investing in minority-owned businesses, in our neighborhoods'..."

This is the quote they're going to try to highlight tonight and make into a story.

holy fuck lol

Kusagari

MONEY QUOTE from Drudge, he just edited:

"'We don't need to build more highways out in the suburbs. We should be investing in minority-owned businesses, in our neighborhoods'..."

This is the quote they're going to try to highlight tonight and make into a story.

holy fuck lol

They really have nothing on Obama.

Zabka

Their big issue is that he puts on his secret black accent? Gonna be interesting to watch them tiptoe around this while not sounding horribly offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom