• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
What odds do you guys give the possibility of the tax code being overhauled within the next 2 years with a goal of rebuilding the middle class?

I say 7 to 1 against it happening, but I may be a bit too optimisitc.

lol, well if neither tax or electoral reform happen sometime in the near future then we'll all be living in shithole USA together sooner than we'd all like. I would be walking on cloud nine if these issues were addressed seriously at the DNC this week or during the upcoming debates. They are the two issues we need to address the most as a country if we want to turn things around.

Gruco

Banned
So I just caught up on the thread today. What I learned is:

Obama up 9 in OH

Romney's right flank exposed in VA

Hispanics to boost turnout by 25%.

No RNC bump.

Sounds like great news
for John McCain

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I just caught up on the thread today. What I learned is:

Obama up 9 in OH

Romney's right flank exposed in VA

Hispanics to boost turnout by 25%.

No RNC bump.

Sounds like great news
for John McCain

If this keeps up this will be a blow-out. It's just hilarious how this is going, my father is absolutely convinced Romney will win no matter what anyone says to him. The look on his face come election night if this keeps up...oh man.

Marvie_3

Banned
Obama is losing the neogaf vote.

That's what the Dems get for supporting slavery 150 years ago.

lol, well if neither tax or electoral reform happen sometime in the near future then we'll all be living in shithole USA together sooner than we'd all like. I would be walking on cloud nine if these issues were addressed seriously at the DNC this week or during the upcoming debates. They are the two issues we need to address the most as a country if we want to turn things around.
I'd love to see tax reforms, but I highly doubt it happens.

Cheebo

Banned
Man I can't believe this hasn't been hammered home before (from Castro's keynote tonight):
"Mitt Romney, quite simply, doesn't get it. A few months ago he visited a university in Ohio and gave the students there a little entrepreneurial advice. 'Start a business,' he said. But how? 'Borrow money if you have to from your parents,' he told them. Gee -- why didn't I think of that?"

Cloudy

Banned
Look at Dick Durbin smacking down all Brett Baier's false talking points on Fox. Why isn't this guy out there more?

Maybe Rove should pull his SuperPAC from MN and send it to OH. I don't understand why AFP continues to buy airtime here. Mitt finished 3rd in the Minnesota Caucus.

Kosmo

Banned
Just flipped on MSNBC, let's talk about the real issues: Paul Ryan's marathon time. Ed Schultz covered it las night as well, so I know it must be of import to the voters.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Just flipped on MSNBC, let's talk about the real issues: Paul Ryan's marathon time. Ed Schultz covered it las night as well, so I know it must be of import to the voters.

I'm all for it, Let's talk about Privatizing Medicare, cutting Food Stamps and Pell Grants, etc etc.

Clevinger

Seriously. There are so many things Paul Ryan is lying about; things that are actually important. Why focus on a marathon?

In that case, tell us how you felt about Ryan's and Romney's speeches. They were really all about issues and their ideas right.

Kosmo

Banned
In that case, tell us how you felt about Ryan's and Romney's speeches. They were really all about issues and their ideas right.

I thought they were fine. You seem to be under the impression that substance matters in political speeches vs style. Neither are going to be memorable long term and yet the only reason people remember Obama's speech in 2008 is one thing - style.

Cloudy

Banned
Oh and the media needs to GTFO with the "are you better off" bullshit. I remember seeing the stock market drop 800+ pts on 2 separate days in 2008. It has more than doubled under Obama.

If the GOP wants to blame him for everything else, he should get all the credit for that. Shit, I remember when it was "Obama's stock market" on Fox a week after the election. I don't hear that anymore. I wonder why...

NPYI2.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
I still don't understand that one at all. Finishing a marathon in 4 hours is perfectly respectable. Why even exaggerate it to a Boston Marathon-qualifying time?

I mean, why bother lying about that?
Maybe he has self esteem problems and wanted people to think he's cool.

pigeon

Banned
Oh and the media needs to GTFO with the "are you better off" bullshit. I remember seeing the stock market drop 800+ pts on 2 separate days in 2008. It has more than doubled under Obama.

I'm sure the people on the Titanic felt like they were better off on the ship than they were in the lifeboats, too. But they wouldn't feel that way if they'd stayed on the ship....

Zabka

I still don't understand that one at all. Finishing a marathon in 4 hours is perfectly respectable. Why even exaggerate it to a Boston Marathon-qualifying time?

Because when you never face consequences for your bullshit it becomes your default response.

I say this as a reformed bullshitter.

Kosmo

Banned

Exactly. It's at least as meaningless as saying you won't rest until the BP oil spill in contained and then getting in 6 rounds of golf between the time you say that and it's actually contained, right?

It was dumb thing for Ryan to try and exaggerate. Period.

RDreamer

Marathon thing is stupid. Sure he was probably trying to boost his ego and play it up like he was a big runner when in reality he probably did just forget what it was and pulled a number out of his ass. The whole "runners always remember their time" is pretty silly to me, and the issue should just be dropped. There are plenty of substantive arguments and more worrying lies to be talking about. Kosmo's right here, MSNBC is being dumb on this.

Jooney

Exactly. It's at least as meaningless as saying you won't rest until the BP oil spill in contained and then getting in 6 rounds of golf between the time you say that and it's actually contained, right?

Jesus, did we just find the Higgs-Boson of false equivalency?

Kosmo

Banned
Jesus, did we just find the Higgs-Boson of false equivalency?

Sorry, I should have said focussing on it was meaningless, because I tend to hold a President in a crisis to a higher standard than I do a candidate talking about his marathon time. I would bet MSNBC has covered Ryan's marathon time a lot more than what Obama was doing from the time he made that statement to the time it was contained.

Which should be more important to the electorate? I would hope a "news" outlet would be covering that one.

Sorry, I should have said focussing on it was meaningless, because I tend to hold a President in a crisis to a higher standard than I do a candidate talking about his marathon time. I would bet MSNBC has covered Ryan's marathon time a lot more than what Obama was doing from the time he made that statement to the time it was contained.

Which should be more important to the electorate? I would hope a "news" outlet would be covering that one.

I watched Hardball and they talked about it for like 2 minutes, 45 minutes into the show. You are acting like it's wall-to-wall marathongate. It's a one day, 2 minute, silly story that you can bet your ass would be covered by Fox if the shoe was on the other foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom