• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiser

DqNX4.png

Allard

Lol CNN showing two videos of Ronemy flip flopping on coal for job creation

I find it amazing how the media is defending Romney flip flopping but nailed Kerry to the wall for his supposed flip flopping.

Lol, I know this is a broken record at this point but who the hell is running that campaign? Do they want to know why Obama is and has been beating them for so long? Its not just the economy/incumbency, its the fact that Obama through his faults and pros has been consistent with his messaging since before even taking office and taking the brunt force of all the cons associated with his plans and not wavering just because his notion is down for a day or two in the public opinion. You are supposed to take a positive performance and run with it on lock down, not waver at the first opportunity you get just because of one audience. I hate Mitt and would never vote for him, but even I can see missed opportunities to do a better job, I can't imagine how infuriating it must be on the right to see him flop around like this with absolutely zero focus.

Vestal

As soon as I saw the unemployment numbers I immediately knew the paranoid conspiracy theories would start flying. I didn't expect them to come from such a figure though.

So now we have:
Birthers
Magic rape contraception believers
Climate change denialists
Saddam had stockpiles of WMDs believers
Obama is a secret Muslim truthers
Poll 'unskewers'
Obama is gay truthers
jobs number truthers

Bill Maher is right, a large subset of the right lives in an entire alternate universe of crazy.

harSon

Banned
If Romney wins like this I will lose faith in America.

Running for president in today's Republican party is literally the easiest thing in the world. Just lie with a smile and spout some of the most crazy shit you can think of, and you're on your way to being a major player within the party. I know politicians lie all of the time, but at least they'd utilize twisted facts and half truths, not bold faced lies 100% of the time.

AndyD

aka andydumi
They do supply a pad of paper, actually.

That could be his hankerchief, though. Most people don't put those in their pants pocket of a suit, but it could be.

That's my thought as well but I never put a handkerchief in my pants pocket when I wear a jacket.

saelz8

Allen West
I agree with former GE CEO Jack Welch, Chicago style politics is at work here. Somehow by manipulation of data we are all of a sudden below 8 percent unemployment, a month from the Presidential election. This is Orwellian to say the least and representative of Saul Alinsky tactics from the book "Rules for Radicals"- a must read for all who want to know how the left strategize . Trust the Obama administration? Sure, and the spontaneous reaction to a video caused the death of our Ambassador......and pigs fly.

LOL

Loudninja

As soon as I saw the unemployment numbers I immediately knew the paranoid conspiracy theories would start flying. I didn't expect them to come from such a figure though.

So now we have:
Birthers
Magic rape contraception believers
Climate change denialists
Saddam had stockpiles of WMDs believers
Obama is a secret Muslim truthers
Poll 'unskewers'
Obama is gay truthers
jobs number truthers

Bill Maher is right, a large subset of the right lives in an entire alternate universe of crazy.
Sounds about right.

Running for president in today's Republican party is literally the easiest thing in the world. Just lie with a smile and spout some of the most crazy shit you can think of, and you're on your way to being a major player within the party. I know politicians lie all of the time, but at least they'd utilize twisted facts and half truths, not bold faced lies 100% of the time.

An interesting theory was brought up during my PS class. Basically, if the vast majority of politicians were actually honest, they could have more control and power than they actually realized.

harSon

Banned
Hmmm maybe Bill Maher will be less bitchy tonight

Nah, he's going to continue his racist bullshit on Obama not acting "black" enough, about how we need Samuel L. Jackson and not Brian Gumble in the white house. Suggesting that angriness and assertiveness are some how black qualities, while being respectful, nice and passive are inherent within whiteness is so fucking offensive. I want to punch him in the face every time he says it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Los Avocado Del Diablo:

Romney flipflops are getting plenty of media attention - that's why everyone knows about them. The only difference is in the tone of the comments from the proxies - the repubs were BRUTAL on Kerry and it was organized and built largely on exaggerated or wholesale invented nonsense, so the media simply repeated their claims.

Romney on the other hand is literally doing what they claimed Kerry did, almost every single day and the media is actually calling him out on it every now and then. But it is a stark reminder of the level of difference in factual reality between the two parties.

At the rally now:
Romney says UE rate went down “Primarily due to the fact that more and more people have stopped looking for work.”

"It looks like unemployment's getting better," says Romney, but says "truth" is that rate would be 11% if it workforce hadn't shrunk.

Romney“There were fewer jobs created this month than last month.”

Romney just delivered the "real" unemployment rate line and he stated that the unemployement rate dropped because more people stopped looking for work.

Yes he did. Obama was practically an observer. The biggest takeaways from the debate are passive Obama, commanding Mitt and Sesame Street. Obama set not one narrative.

He didn't get trounced among people who know better, and that's why the debate is having no effect. He won with the people who were gonna vote for him anyway.

He didn't get trounced among people who know better, and that's why the debate is having no effect. He won with the people who were gonna vote for him anyway.
The people who know better already know who they're going to vote for, no? I think you underestimate how poorly informed "undecideds" generally are. Presidential debates aren't substantive policy discussions they're public arguments. Obama lost. Jay-Z lost.

HylianTom

Banned
Yes, he's President Barack "Power Bottom" Obama, and Michelle is First Beard. That's the ticket.

The tears next month will nourish me for a long time. They'll serve as an excellent aphrodesiac for the forced mixed-race matings. Oh yes... /sprays Binaca

gkryhewy

The people who know better already know who they're going to vote for, no? I think you underestimate how poorly informed "undecideds" generally are. Presidential debates aren't substantive policy discussions they're public arguments. Obama lost. Jay-Z lost.

The only undecided people in the entire country are those in medically-induced comas. This race is all about turnout.

At the rally now:
Romney says UE rate went down “Primarily due to the fact that more and more people have stopped looking for work.”

Isn't it literally the opposite? He's just latching on this lie and hope no one calls you out on it. And his quote about more jobs last month. Thats only with the revision. He really doesn't give a crap about misleading everyone

Allard

I wouldn't say it like that, most of his supporters don't think he 'won' the debate, but it also was a debate that wasn't going to persuade anyone to change their vote. Obama being passive left no opportunities for Obama to offend people, left no controversial statement to get skewered several days later, an invisible candidate that has already shown himself plenty visibly in the last 4+ years that people didn't need to know where he stood, people wanted to know how Romney stacked up and despite winning the 'debate' he really didn't make a case for himself that he had any new ideas or choice that could counter Obama's ideas and choices leading into the debate. He won the news cycle but lacking concrete focus by lying and muddying his own messages from before debate is doing him no favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom