• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

^ :)

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...s-that-obama-couldnt-fill-stadium.php?ref=fpa

I cannot believe the GOP is seriously trying to suggest Obama couldn't fill up a stadium. Who are they trying to convince, themselves?

I don't get why they'd want to push a narrative that Obama has no chances in this. They're supposed to get people riled up and excited to go vote, and if it's decided and he has no chance less people will... They should be pushing that their vote is needed. But I guess the GOP voters get more excited by bullying and beating up on someone more than anything else.

markatisu

I cannot believe the GOP is seriously trying to suggest Obama couldn't fill up a stadium. Who are they trying to convince, themselves?

If anyone has been to an Obama event they make you stand in line just to get make it in and then you have to stand in another line to actually get the ticket. They make you fill out your information, its a huge hassle to get a "Free'" ticket.

So I really do think they are trying to make themselves feel better, someone should just show the pics of the Romney event at the football stadium that had miniscule attendance

But then that would show reality and the GOP dislikes reality

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
^yep! vv

I don't get why they'd want to push a narrative that Obama has no chances in this. They're supposed to get people riled up and excited to go vote, and if it's decided and he has no chance less people will... They should be pushing that their vote is needed. But I guess the GOP voters get more excited by bullying and beating up on someone more than anything else.

Trying to make themselves feel better however possible. They might be trying to demoralize the two fence-sitting independents left, but really, it just looks pathetic and limp. What the hell became of the GOP?

Brinbe

^ :)

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...s-that-obama-couldnt-fill-stadium.php?ref=fpa

lol, this is nothing new! Remember the Decemberists stuff from back in 08? Anything to down Obama.

Hugh Hewitt just told me that right before Obama addressed that huge crowd in Portland, the indie rock band the Decemberists played a free 45-minute concert. Now, I’m sure Obama would draw a big crowd either way, but wasn’t that worth mentioning in the coverage?...

UPDATE: Looks like the Decemberists can pack them in for free concerts. In a show in Millennium Park in Chicago, one review said 10,000; a diary by one of the band members speculates 20,000. Again, Obama has shown time and again that he can pack crowds into arenas, and he can take pride in the 75,000+ that showed up Sunday. But a free concert by local stars helps…

Four years later and it's the same shit.

Does anyone honestly believe Obama can't fill - or nearly fill - a stadium right now? I could buy this argument at the start of the campaign, when anticipation/enthusiasm was lower but right now, in September? Come on.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Does anyone honestly believe Obama can't fill - or nearly fill - a stadium right now? I could buy this argument at the start of the campaign, when anticipation/enthusiasm was lower but right now, in September? Come on.

Pretty much. But wait! Who wants to bet they trot out the "he's a paris hilton celebrity" bullshit they tried 4 years ago? Always seemed so fucking silly. Let's attack the guy for being extremely popular and embodying the hopes of millions worldwide. <<--when Rovianism goes wrong.

^yep! vv

Trying to make themselves feel better however possible. They might be trying to demoralize the two fence-sitting independents left, but really, it just looks pathetic and limp. What the hell became of the GOP?

When someone asks me what became of the GOP I just quote Barry Goldwater.

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them."

We should just let this GOP crash and burn and make a new second party platform because quite frankly this "new" GOP isn't worth having around anymore. (If they were worth having to begin with.)

They're not afraid to tackle the hard questions. And they do so with clarity and conviction.

Its all about the jobs. As you can see in everything they do and say.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The fucking Decemberists? Those guys play at 1500-2500 venues in Portland at best. Nobody gives a shit about the damn Decemberists. Jesus. I can't believe that was a line of argument back then.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So anyway I thought you guys would get a kick out of this: http://mashable.com/2012/09/05/hacker-ransom-romney-tax-returns/

The files are to be released to the public on Sept. 28, according to the PasteBin document.

The release, however, could allegedly be avoided if Romney’s camp were to wire transfer $1 million in Bitcoins — an online currency that is difficult both to trace and to identify.

There's a thread about said blackmail in the OT. Whatever happened to asking for unmarked bills? October surprise HOOO!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
When someone asks me what became of the GOP I just quote Barry Goldwater.

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them."

We should just let this GOP crash and burn and make a new second party platform because quite frankly this "new" GOP isn't worth having around anymore. (If they were worth having to begin with.)

Basic agreement. I think Newt Gingrich and the Myth of Reagan has caused significant damage as well. The worst part, I think, isn't just that the GOP is in bed with evangelicals, it's that they're using evangelism to undermine science and therefore regulations (in the name of profit). Disgusting.

They're not afraid to tackle the hard questions. And they do so with clarity and conviction.

Its all about the jobs. As you can see in everything they do and say.

Right. I think that's pretty much been a transparently obvious joke since they were playing with abortion rights while the rest of the country was figuring out whether TARP was enough.

So anyway I thought you guys would get a kick out of this: http://mashable.com/2012/09/05/hacker-ransom-romney-tax-returns/

There's a thread about said blackmail in the OT. Whatever happened to asking for unmarked bills? October surprise HOOO!

This is interesting. Link to the GAF thread?

Reeks of a bunch of 15 year olds who need...I want to say cash but if they needed cash they WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR UNMARKED BILLS LIKE A PROPER VILLAIN!
Well the way I see it if they asked for cash, unmarked or otherwise, they run the risk of getting caught when they try to pick up the cash. Bitcoins might not be the answer but it's "safer" to do it this way. Personally if I went through all that trouble I'd just release them.

Miletius

Reeks of a bunch of 15 year olds who need...I want to say cash but if they needed cash they WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR UNMARKED BILLS LIKE A PROPER VILLAIN!

Reeks of 4chan anon crap. They might have something interesting but they are gonna ruin it for themselves for the lulz.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Well the way I see it if they asked for cash, unmarked or otherwise, they run the risk of getting caught when they try to pick up the cash. Bitcoins might not be the answer but it's "safer" to do it this way. Personally if I went through all that trouble I'd just release them.

Either it's fake or they'll get caught, and/or both. This isn't needed at all.

i swear you switched places with Diablos.

Why in the world is a big mistake? Having over 65,000 people outdoors in a thunderstorm is in any way a good idea?

I am in Charlotte, people who volunteered and put in hours for the campaign to get these Tickets are not happy. That's all.

They should have at least waited till today to make the decision as the forecast has been improving.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I am in Charlotte, people who volunteered and put in hours for the campaign to get these Tickets are not happy. That's all.

They should have at least waited till today to make the decision as the forecast has been improving.

You do know it takes time to move a venue right?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, Howard Dean on Talk of the Nation on NPR just now saying the fiscal cliff will cause a double dip recession but that is preferable to mounting deficits. Basically said"sucks for people who lose their jobs but this is good in the long term"

I like Dean but he is such a bonehead at times.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ann Romney Tells Women, You People To ‘Wake Up!’

Ann Romney called on women and young Americans to take control of their future in this tough economy by voting for Mitt Romney at a rally in Findlay, Ohio, Wednesday.

Romney stressed that the two groups who have suffered the most are women and young Americans coming out of college without jobs, and told them to "wake up!"

Romney reached out specifically to young people who voted for Obama in 2008: "those kids, I promise you, you'll have a better future if Mitt is the president." To women, she urged, "you better vote for Mitt."

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

If the Left had its own Glenn Beck: "Obama Campaign Moves: Did They Receive A Credible Threat?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom