• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
I get that but they should have pushed back on the red-line bullshit from the start. He ONLY said his "calculus would change" if chemical weapons were used.

The media (egged on by the GOP) of course wanted a gotcha and something to criticize never thinking he'd actually use military action.

Not wanting to take the negative press for a few days is why we're here today...

Didn't he take the negative press for over a week after the attack happened?

IMO, taking it to Congress was a perfect move because it actually allowed a public debate.

Cloudy

Banned
Didn't he take the negative press for over a week after the attack happened?

IMO, taking it to Congress was a perfect move because it actually allowed a public debate.

No doubt it was a perfect move and it showed he really didn't want to do. The backbenchers love to call for action but it's harder to be on record voting for that action.

My point is that all this could have been avoided by aggressively pushing back against the FALSE narrative a year ago..

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wondering if that UN report coming up made Putin play his hand. Dude could have waited until congress voted against Obama.

Apparently this has been in talks for a few days. Putin knows if shit goes south over there that those chemical weapons are closer to his doorstep than they are to ours.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What's the over/under on de Blasio winning the primary outright tomorrow?

It'll be him or Quinn, either way odds are it'll be close. Personally I'd give de Blasio an edge over Quinn due to all the people actively campaigning against her (there is literally a campaign against her, they are for no one they just don't want her to win).

Wondering if that UN report coming up made Putin play his hand. Dude could have waited until congress voted against Obama.

I had been thinking that was gonna be Obama's out. I figured congress was gonna sit on its hands, report was gonna come out and spur some UN movement which would denecesitate the strikes.

Looking back on it, Obama clearly was looking for an out. The whole story about him deciding last minute to go to congress and walking around the south lawn just screams someone doubting their chosen course and postponing action.

It'll be him or Quinn, either way odds are it'll be close. Personally I'd give de Blasio an edge over Quinn due to all the people actively campaigning against her (there is literally a campaign against her, they are for no one they just don't want her to win).

Um, all the recent polling has Quinn in third place and DeBlasio up near 40%. It's far more likely to be a DeBlasio-Thompson runoff than a DeBlasio-Quinn run off at this point.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Um, all the recent polling has Quinn in third place and DeBlasio up near 40%. It's far more likely to be a DeBlasio-Thompson runoff than a DeBlasio-Quinn run off at this point.

Really? Thompson? Dude has like no name recognition. That's a little surprising, I'll admit to not following the horse race all that closely in the last week or two.

If deBlasio is really up at 40% he's going to walk away with this pretty easily.

Really? Thompson? Dude has like no name recognition. That's a little surprising, I'll admit to not following the horse race all that closely in the last week or two.

If deBlasio is really up at 40% he's going to walk away with this pretty easily.

Thompson was the Democratic nominee four years ago.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thompson was the Democratic nominee four years ago.

I know, nobody remembered him though. Even when he was the candidate four years ago (or whenever it was again) the election had nothing to do with him. The guy had no name penetration which is why I am rather shocked he's doing well, he was running in 4th when Weiner entered the race.

Samk

John Kerry 2016?

You can't help but enjoy the diplomatic three pointer here. Somebody, probably in a back room somewhere, threaded the needle oh so perfectly. Sort of a vindication for collective action.

Kerry did make some pretty solid speeches. The optics are there.

ISOM

Why the heck is the White House "acting" like Kerry made a verbal mistake and didn't mean it the way it sounded?

I think they did it that way to make themselves more tougher to russia. If russia thinks that the US is just bluffing about strikes then they have no reason to handover the chemical weapons, but if they think obama is about to push that button then they become a lot more panicked. I guess it was just to keep them on their toes so that they follow through.

I want to think that the whole Syria thing was a game of nth dimensional chess but I know it's me being idealistic.

Kerry's sudden war hawking did catch me by surprise but I kinda just shrugged it off as a consequence of the situation, or something.

I'll admit I haven't been paying any attention to much t the moment since the semester started so...

FyreWulff

I would love it if it was 11th Dimensional Chess. But I can't buy it when Obama is killing civilians with drones. He's a war hawk, he just prefers wars he believe he can win, which doesn't neccarily match up with reality.

So, we didn't bomb anyone while I was away and we may avert it completely? My theory has gone awry!

PS: Man, really starting to feel my age. I miss being able to handle Vegas on 3 hours of sleep. Now, it just wreaks havoc on ya.

Wheeeeeee ...
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) plans to release a new book following the 2014 midterm elections, according to his publisher.
The book, which is not yet titled, is "about the future of the country and the future of the Republican Party," according to Adrian Zackheim, who heads the Sentinel imprint of Penguin Books.

Other potential 2016 presidential contenders are also slated to publish books ahead of campaign season. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is expected to publish a book in June 2014, discussing her tenure at the State Department, her relationship with President Obama and an outlook of her vision for the country's foreign policy. Clinton, like Rubio, has previously penned a memoir.​

Videoneon

Wheeeeeee ...
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) plans to release a new book following the 2014 midterm elections, according to his publisher.
The book, which is not yet titled, is "about the future of the country and the future of the Republican Party," according to Adrian Zackheim, who heads the Sentinel imprint of Penguin Books.

Other potential 2016 presidential contenders are also slated to publish books ahead of campaign season. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is expected to publish a book in June 2014, discussing her tenure at the State Department, her relationship with President Obama and an outlook of her vision for the country's foreign policy. Clinton, like Rubio, has previously penned a memoir.​

well that's it then. Rubio 2016. I hope he says funny stuff like the 2012 GOP Primary circus. I want another one of those.

Wilsongt

If you have nothing to do at noon today, might as well watch a trainwreck.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-live-rand-paul-ted-cruz-at-exempt-america-from-obamacare-rally/

Senators Rand Paul (R-KY) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) are scheduled to appear at the “Exempt America from Obamacare” rally in Washington, D.C., today, Tuesday, September 10th, beginning at approximately 12 noon ET.

tumblr_m3j87oDC3t1rsvhzjo1_500.gif

I can't stand republicans on twitter that are in love with Putin. Real patriots they are.

They hate this president more than they hate a former Soviet KGB agent and current autocrat.

Wilsongt

I can't stand republicans on twitter that are in love with Putin. Real patriots they are.

They hate this president more than they hate a former Soviet KGB agent and current autocrat.

They really starting slobbering his knob shortly after his attack on gays. It's not surprising.

Edit: Then again, a lot of gaffers slobber his knob, too.

crossfire2.jpg

Fox is now more balanced
in reporting
than MSNBC.
Well they do have special report and Shepard Smith filling up an hour and half every night, excluding the back half of special report. MSNBC is pretty much all pundit all the time.

The real problem is facts. But cable news in America is built on Analysis and punditry not reporting. Thats the nightly news and papers.
To be fair, aside from the economic stuff, Putin is a Republican dreamboat of policies.
Its the just glee they take in a perceived loss by the president. They don't feel he represents them. He's not their president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom