• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that reporting...
2w77H8a.jpg

or
reporting.
zag5pQu.jpg

East Lake

I haven't watched fox in years probably but it looks like evening only it goes oreilly, hannity, greta, and then oreilly replay for a four hour segment. Is that considered night instead or is greta more newsy than the other two?

Tamanon

Banned
I haven't watched fox in years probably but it looks like evening only it goes oreilly, hannity, greta, and then oreilly replay for a four hour segment. Is that considered night instead or is greta more newsy than the other two?

I think they lump Shep Smith's news show into evening.

remist

I've been skeptical of Obama's handling of the Syria situation, but I'm ready to eat crow if it ends with Assad giving up his chemical weapons without any kind of strike on our side. Hopefully the kinks get worked out and this goes forward.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Huh. I'm surprised enough by that result to wonder what their methodology was.

Car chases and the kidnappings of pretty white girls counts as news reporting right? That's basically all Gretta's show is. You can also easily put plenty of bias into news reporting by using selective bias, or throwing a weighted question somewhere in the report, or simply just using tone of voice. Reporting v opinion time is such a worthless metric.

So Obama may just come out of this looking amazing.

If it does happen with Syria giving up chemical weapons and Russians bending on their stance to avert strikes

A. Obama's diplomacy averted military force and accomplished desired goals, for the most part

B. Congress voting "no" on use of force if necessary would make the GOP look very weak considering it would de-leverage Obama's diplomacy

C. Congress got to whine while Obama came out ahead.

I didn't see it playing out like this, fwiw. Ignoring the politics, I really hope this is what happens and we can avoid military use and still get the Syrians punished in some fashion. Them just admitting they have the weapons, as they have today, is a step forward. This is good for everyone involved if it happens.

PS: Since you asked, Dax, that's me in the middle. http://i.imgur.com/qQYXalg.jpg
And here's me firing a gun for the first time. o_0 http://i.imgur.com/IIoPw32.jpg

I'm finally a real American!

Russia seems to be pulling out, waiting for more details. Still, Russia has decided to declare their weapons...the question is whether they rescind the apparent deal to give up their weapons.

So Obama may just come out of this looking amazing.

If it does happen with Syria giving up chemical weapons and Russians bending on their stance to avert strikes

A. Obama's diplomacy averted military force and accomplished desired goals, for the most part

B. Congress voting "no" on use of force if necessary would make the GOP look very weak considering it would de-leverage Obama's diplomacy

C. Congress got to whine while Obama came out ahead.

I didn't see it playing out like this, fwiw. Ignoring the politics, I really hope this is what happens and we can avoid military use and still get the Syrians punished in some fashion. Them just admitting they have the weapons, as they have today, is a step forward. This is good for everyone involved if it happens.

PS: Since you asked, Dax, that's me in the middle. http://i.imgur.com/qQYXalg.jpg
And here's me firing a gun for the first time. o_0 http://i.imgur.com/IIoPw32.jpg

Im not so excited.

Look at Iraq, they said they got rid of their WOMD, they had UN inspectors come in who said there were none, and yet we still found WOMD they were hiding once we invaded!

troller gonna troll

Stop looking so normal people, I expected freaks of nature.

I don't see how Obama gets credit for any of this. It was pretty clear how he was going to go forward had this out not appeared.

He got lucky.

I don't think so, all he restated was the fact that going to Congress was not legally required and that he is the Commander in Chief, so he can order strikes and military movement without Congress approval.

Snake

Russia seems to be pulling out, waiting for more details. Still, Syria has decided to declare their weapons...the question is whether they rescind the apparent deal to give up their weapons.

Russia is just objecting to a Chapter 7 resolution in the UN, which would give the US/UN the authority to carry out a military strike if Assad doesn't follow through. The Russians also do not want the resolution to include the direct placement of responsibility for the attacks on Assad, as this would directly go against the official Russian position that "if anything bad happened, then the rebels did it." They're not pulling out of the broader agreement taking shape since that would be a huge blow to Russian credibility and would only improve Obama's position.

I don't see how Obama gets credit for any of this. It was pretty clear how he was going to go forward had this out not appeared.

He got lucky.
Mmm, yes. He's always "lucky" when the best result wins out.

:D

LOOK WHO'S HAVING FUN

haha, I was completely trashed there too, but I am great at being really drunk without people thinking I'm more than buzzed. I ain't sloppy like some!

Although at some point I was doing back flips on the stripper pole in the limo, but hey, what's Vegas without a stripper pole story, right?

It was a great time. Highlight was the Dune Buggy thing we did Saturday morning (other than seeing some friends I hadn't seen in too long a time).

The result is great. I just don't like seeing undue praise.

It'll happen regardless. Clinton gets credit for the 90s boom even though he really didn't do anything to cause it.

Diablos

So I get some fundraising crap from the DSCC:

This is huge: the GOP Machine is terrified of what will happen if we defeat McConnell. They know that the damage to the Republican Party would be immeasurable, and that any shot at a Republican White House or Senate would be completely gone for years.

Okay, wat? Turtleface losing his seat would be a huge blow to the GOP and Senate Republican leadership, no mistake there. But to outright state 'any shot at a Republican White House or Seante would be completely gone for years" is poppycock.

So how did McConnell get to be so unpopular? He always seemed like "generic Republican" to me.

Obviously, Democrats aren't gonna like the guy, but why he is unpopular even in a red state like Kentucky?

Dude was running for the 1902457th term in the senate. There is lot of baggage with that.

Yeah, looking good. When you consider a 3 point MoE, if it remains that way, it's going to be a tight race regardless if the numbers stay where they are.

Either way Turtleface losing his seat being the key to shutting the GOP out of the White House indefinitely makes no sense whatsoever.

It's a fundraising email. You shouldn't try to make sense of them.

Yeah, looking good. When you consider a 3 point MoE, if it remains that way, it's going to be a tight race regardless if the numbers stay where they are.

Either way Turtleface losing his seat being the key to shutting the GOP out of the White House indefinitely makes no sense whatsoever.

Not supposed to make sense. It's supposed to make you give them money.

I'm assuming that "generic Republican" would actually fare much better in Kentucky than McConnell is apparently doing.

For example, Republicans won 5 out of 6 house seats in Kentucky in 2012, most of them by large margins.

Why is McConnell doing much worse than that?

Because he's one of the two faces of Congress and Congress is wildly unpopular (even though individual members fare much better, McConnell and Reid are the faces of the Senate, as President Obama is the face of the Executive Branch). He's also been in office a long time. That can be a detriment.

His fate is probably dependent on how well Kynect does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom