• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I much prefer global news than the typical US's World News, where the US takes up 9/10th of the section regardless of global events. I used to love watching AJE when I was living in South Africa.

Though, if PBS Newshour was shown in the morning, I would watch that all the time.

yeah PBS is still pretty good

AJE still talks about US a lot but it is nice to have that global points of view

like right now Putin in Germany
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgJtWREOXHA
things like this don't get covered by US news

Trump saying he wants a shutdown in September

Fucking dumbass.

Rebel Leader said:
How do you know this? Did he tweet?
Yeah he sent out a tweet complaining about the 60 vote rule in the Senate and said we need a shutdown to fix it. Like Jesus what a moron.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
PoliGaf 2017 |OT3| Roomfull of Jonahs

gif-2.gif

Grym

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 31m31 minutes ago
The reason for the plan negotiated between the Republicans and Democrats is that we need 60 votes in the Senate which are not there! We....

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 27m27 minutes ago
either elect more Republican Senators in 2018 or change the rules now to 51%. Our country needs a good "shutdown" in September to fix mess!

8-|

(I would think a master business deal negotiator wouldn't think of a simple negotiation as a mess that needs fixing. But what do I know?)

sangreal

Note: the reason for the plan negotiated has nothing to do with the senate

I wonder if his handlers told him that to make him feel better

Ryan would cream himself over an opportunity to make the Democrats shut down the government via filibuster

Banning cars is an even bigger nonstarter than banning guns. They might be the only thing people like more. That's not to say that we also shouldn't invest in public transportation, but at this point a car is more than just a way to get around. It's a status symbol and a major part of the culture.

The major downsides to high car ownership are a problem with a real-world technological solution that's going to happen inside of like 10 years. Cheap, efficient EVs will decimate internal combustion cars for daily commuters, which neuters the climate impact, and improvements in self-driving and computer assisted driving will help reduce accidents. Trying to legislate the outcome is just asking for pushback and misery.

Truth all over this post.

We absolutely ought to expand public transit into smaller urban areas, but cars are a huge part of life and probably the thing that changed society the most in the 20th century. Huge industries are built around them, and people's major life choices, like where to live, are shaped by them.

That's 100% gonna be the spin.

Part of me wonders if Trump does have someone look over the tweets, but they edit them just to give him a sniveling coward's way out of the crazy he says.

I think he almost exclusively yells his tweets at Dan Scavino, his social media director. For all the talk about "Trump has his phone back" I suspect he can barely use Twitter himself.

In their obsession to bring Obama and his legacy down, they're going to end up bringing themselves down. Trump seems ready to do the ACA repeal fight on a monthly basis, every time it fails, and that's just dooming his entire term.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Does a budget even require a cloture vote?

Edit: also this is an example of the process working. Compromise to get the votes. Novel idea! It helps when the obstructionist party is in. Barge and can't play the obstruction card.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Does a budget even require a cloture vote?

Edit: also this is an example of the process working. Compromise to get the votes. Novel idea! It helps when the obstructionist party is in. Barge and can't play the obstruction card.

Yes, but the budget troubles are mostly coming from the house.

etrain911

I'm sure McConnell appreciates being told how to do his job

In spite of all the ridiculous shit, insults, and out-right dangerous foreign-policy actions on Trump's part, he still tows the party line. Trump could shoot McConnell's son live on TV in the streets, and he and his cronies would still find a reason to support him.

Slacker

Republicanism summed up:

Matt Fuller‏ @MEPFuller

On health care, Kevin McCarthy told members today that "now is not the time to decide what to do or how to do it; now is the time to do it."

Minnesota GOPers Sorry For Post Calling Keith Ellison ‘Muslim Goat Humper’

Minnesota’s state Republican chair apologized Monday to Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) for a post on the 7th Congressional District Republican Party’s Facebook page calling the congressman “Minnesota’s Head Muslim Goat Humper.”

“As chair of the Republican Party of Minnesota I absolutely would like to issue an apology to Congressman Ellison,” state party chair Jennifer Carnahan told the Star Tribune on Monday.

She would not identify the person who made the post, per the Star Tribune, but said that they “resigned immediately” and “no longer represent” the state’s Republican Party.

Ifm7m0j.jpg

Also, the phrase is "sidling up, not "sliding up".

Republicanism summed up:

Matt Fuller‏ @MEPFuller

On health care, Kevin McCarthy told members today that "now is not the time to decide what to do or how to do it; now is the time to do it."

That's the deft rhetorical skill that kept McCarthy from becoming Speaker.

What do you guys think goes through pelosi's head when she sees the president advocating for a government shut down?

Is she happy, disgusted, or laughing hysterically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom