• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Republicans are amazing. They keep doing this but they only make themselves look worse and Obama better. I'd almost feel sorry for them if they weren't so batshit insane. They have to be to not realize this has never helps them and continues to not help them.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Hey, man, that was a fun game! It wasn't, you know, BORING.

Donkey Kong 64 is the definition of a boring collectathon. It's widely accepted as a low point for that era's design sensibilities.

Yea, I saw Cloving's unfortunate demise. Cloving's permanent ban made me curious about PD's (phoenix dark/pause), because I heard his was a permanent ban also.
What happened to cloving?

I don't think Pd's gone though.
Jennifer Rubin makes me want to punch boulders. Why is this GOP apologist given any credence?
Because they need to have at least someone writing to defend republicans.

The hackiness is just the nature of opeds recently, and the GOP has gone so crazy even defending them in the slightest means you have to write something crazy

Edit: Top of a new page; I should really write something about politics.

It's important to remember that the House GOP is pretty unpopular right now. It doesn't surprise me that the public seems to be siding with Obama on all three issues. That 37% who believe that Obama ordered the IRS to target conservatives are probably comprised of mostly the same people who believe he's from Kenya. They believe what they want to believe.

Games I remember playing on N64:
1. Super Mario 64
2. Donkey Kong 64
3. Snowboard Kids 2
4. Pokemon Snap
5. Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2

I think that's it? Out of all of those it was DK64 the most. And I had a gameboy where practically the only games I played were Pokemon.

For me it was

1A) Mario Kart 64
1B) Goldeneye
1C) Diddy Kong Racing

Endless all-nighters with the other kids in my neighborhood playing those games during summer break.

After those three titans of multiplayer fun, my most-played were probably OOT, Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Perfect Dark, and Jet Force Gemini.

I tried to make Perfect Dark multiplayer happen with the neighborhood kids, but it never caught on like Goldeneye. Too complicated, I think. Plus the frame-rate could get really, REALLY bad during 4 player.

Tamanon

Banned
I remember being so hyped for the N64 and then hating almost all the 3D versions of the franchises. I even disliked Zelda and Donkey Kong.

Owzers

When evidence emerges that Obama was not only complicit in the crimes, but he also directed the concealment of them, come talk to me. Actually, demonstrate that an actual crime was committed. Until then, sit on it.

Why won't people be angry over these scandals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watergate!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
David Gregory pointed out to Peggy Noonan that she worked for Reagan when he committed the whole Iran-Contra thing, and she reaffirmed that she thinks the IRS "scandal" under Obama was way worse.

So Dax isn't the only one with horrible opinions.

David Gregory pointed out to Peggy Noonan that she worked for Reagan when he committed the whole Iran-Contra thing, and she reaffirmed that she thinks the IRS "scandal" under Obama was way worse.

That is an opinion that is so ridiculous that it reveals Peggy Noonan should be ignored by rational people.

I mean really now . . . She is saying that a scandal wherein the IRS delayed certain ideological groups tax exempt status (no audits or actual requests for tax money) without any knowledge of the white house is somehow worse than scheme wherein we negotiated with terrorists, secretly sold advanced missile systems to an avowed enemy, and then used the profits to fund a secret war in direct violation of a law saying that no such war would be funded.

That is not even an opinion, it is just factually wrong.

Jackson50

"My heart and best intentions tell me the IRS did not unduly scrutinize conservative groups, but the facts and evidence tell me it did." Obama should have copied The Gipper's weasel tactic.

Averon

Love Cloving, but him being perm'd is all on him. He knew he was on thin ice with the mods due to him trolling/baiting Ninty fans (he said as much after he came back from his previous ban). Given the high tensions due to E3 season, and the fact that the mods will be extra active to cull the fanboy insanity every E3 brings, he should've avoided the gaming side altogether.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Anyone have any thoughts on Obama's new energy secretary? He seems to be a fan of coal and fracking.

Anybody a fan of the both of those isn't somebody to expect good things from.

I can only hope the sequel to Gasland airing in some weeks on HBO further helps to galvanize people against fracking at the very least.

Diablos

Haha watch them try to impeach Obama over one of three of these. It's coming.

WASHINGTON — The Senate has unanimously confirmed President Barack Obama’s nominee to lead the Energy Department. Physicist Ernest Moniz is a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Moniz replaces Steven Chu, who served as energy secretary in Obama’s first term. Moniz was an energy undersecretary in the Clinton administration.

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina had delayed a vote on Moniz for several weeks. Graham was protesting Obama’s plan to cut about $200 million from a South Carolina project to turn weapons-grade plutonium into fuel for nuclear reactors.
Graham and other GOP lawmakers said the plan jeopardized a plant being built at the Savannah River nuclear site.

Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden is chairman of the Senate Energy Committee. He calls Moniz smart, savvy and solution-oriented.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...hysicist-moniz-energy-chief-article-1.1346058
Graham is such a fucking twat, ughhh.

Dude was still confirmed 97-0. He must have some cred.

Would backfire immensely.

I hope they don't realize it.

The GOP has screwed themselves by over-playing these scandals so hard. If they try to impeach, that will just massively flop. If nothing happens, their base will be so mad at them for doing nothing about these scandals that they have been told are "WORSE THAN WATERGATE!".

Diablos

I dunno but E3 cannot come sooner. I tire of inaction and obstruction in DC, so depressing.

I think the final weeks of the 2012 campaign accelerated my aging process ever so slightly -- I'm sure you all know exactly what I mean
Diablos gonna Diablos etc

I dunno but E3 cannot come sooner. I tire of inaction and obstruction in DC, so depressing.

I think the final weeks of the 2012 campaign accelerated my aging process ever so slightly -- I'm sure you all know exactly what I mean
Diablos gonna Diablos etc
I think everyone endured stress at some point during the election about Romney winning, even those of us who were sure Obama had it. Even me (with my spot-on early prediction) for a couple days during the debate fiasco, though I don't think I ever admitted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom