• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

Always trying to attack Bernie. "Bitter?"

Maybe he'll stand on principle. Put country before (not his) party. Stand up to evil rather than do its bidding.

The real fear should be that Hillary and the rest of her fat cat Wall Street cronies are so bitter that they sit on their hands or go for (or back to in Hillary's case) the GOP when Sanders gets the nomination.

Actually, that'll probably be a good thing because it'll just illustrate and make Bernie's message stronger putting a lock on the general when the people hear his message and rise up against power.

lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
AHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAH

HAHAHAAH

Kudlow, really?

t1HAHRg.gif

What a shit head.

pigeon

Banned
Because part of the opposition to Sanders has been trying to vilify his support to the point where they not only think that they're racists, but spiteful idiots.

Which is why i kinda hate when parts of poligaf goes all "lol them sanders people, they so stoopid". You stop seeing or treating them as your future allies, and needless antagonism only benefits the enemy.

I mean, I agree, but I also think it goes the other way. There are a lot of people who justify their support for Sanders by aggressively attacking Hillary as being a criminal corporatist (including quoting smear stories spread by the right-wing media in order to attack her).

If you really believe that, then of course you wouldn't want to vote for Hillary. If Sanders said to vote for her you'd have to assume They'd gotten to him.

I think people are generally getting emotionally overinvolved in this primary. The candidates are not that different, guys.

I mean, I agree, but I also think it goes the other way. There are a lot of people who justify their support for Sanders by aggressively attacking Hillary as being a criminal corporatist (including quoting smear stories spread by the right-wing media in order to attack her).

If you really believe that, then of course you wouldn't want to vote for Hillary. If Sanders said to vote for her you'd have to assume They'd gotten to him.

I think people are generally getting emotionally overinvolved in this primary. The candidates are not that different, guys.

Evidently. Thing is, since it is considerably more likely that Hills will take the nom, the concern should be with not hostilizing these independents, male whites and new voters that Sanders seems to be so apt at attracting. Look ahead and see that it is very unlikely that you'll be moving towards them, but very likely that they'll be moving towards you and act accordingly.

Prioritize and all, you're big enough to take it in the chin and think of the long term, especially since this is nothing more than another aspect of pragmatism a.k.a. the reason one tends to support hills in the first place.

benjipwns

Banned
Prioritize and all, you're big enough to take it in the chin and think of the long term, especially since this is nothing more than another aspect of pragmatism a.k.a. the reason one tends to support hills in the first place.
Hillary supporters will show their true colors when they try to sabotage Bernie's campaign for the general.

benjipwns

Banned
Obama had to agree to Hillary's health insurance mandate and appointing her Secretary of State so she could murder people in Benghazi just to ward off her sabotage.

Bernie won't be willing to compromise like that, his principles are too strong.

Chichikov

Why the hell is Ron Wyden still undecided on the Iran deal? Or Cory Booker?
Wyden in Jewish and Cory Booker represents the state with the 2nd highest percentage of Jews.

Fuck AIPAC and the ADL, those idiots are going to bring back the dual loyalty crap.

Obama had to agree to Hillary's health insurance mandate and appointing her Secretary of State so she could murder people in Benghazi just to ward off her sabotage.

Bernie won't be willing to compromise like that, his principles are too strong.
Everyone thinks they're principles until they get a 4am from Chris Stevens saying he got the Vince Foster video.
Also, Obama had his revenge by changing Mount McKinley name and killing her chances in Ohio.

Cheebo

Banned
Why the hell is Ron Wyden still undecided on the Iran deal? Or Cory Booker?
Booker is 100% running and as much of a lock as someone can be this far out to be one of the front runners the next time there is an open primary. So he is pretty much looking at every major vote he takes under the consideration of how it would help/hurt him in a presidential campaign.

Wyden in Jewish and Cory Booker represents the state with the 2nd highest percentage of Jews.

Fuck AIPAC and the ADL, those idiots are going to bring back the dual loyalty crap.

Everyone thinks they're principles until they get a 4am from Chris Stevens saying he got the Vince Foster video.
Also, Obama had his revenge by changing Mount McKinley name and killing her chances in Ohio.

AIPAC I understand, but I was under the impression that majority of the Jewish electorate favored the deal.

Cheebo

Banned
AIPAC I understand, but I was under the impression that majority of the Jewish electorate favored the deal.
I honestly think Bookers is more about concern about what the impact would be on his future presidential run than anything do with the Jewish population in his state.

Chichikov

They do, but it's not about the actual Jewish vote, there aren't that many Jews in the US (not even in New Jersey) and they're pretty solid blue.
It's about not getting into a fight without the idiots of AIPAC and the ADL, I don't think either of them has too much to worry about that, but you contrast their views on Israel with their general foreign policy positions and something has to be going on there.

And I can't lie, as a Jew, I'm rather invested in squashing the very idea of dual loyalty.

benjipwns

Banned
Exclusive: 2024 DNC Acceptance Speech Leaked
There is an idea of a [insert candidate here]; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; my punishment continues to elude me, and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

Thank you. And God Bless America!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly think Bookers is more about concern about what the impact would be on his future presidential run than anything do with the Jewish population in his state.

I think so too. He's probably trying to judge where the donors and endorsers stand on it.

Others either are playing to the dumb median voter theory that republicans keep disproving as real, or are looking for someone to cuddle up to for that sweet lobbying job after they lose or retire.

NeoXChaos

I think so too. He's probably trying to judge where the donors and endorsers stand on it.

Others either are playing to the dumb median voter theory that republicans keep disproving as real, or are looking for someone to cuddle up to for that sweet lobbying job after they lose or retire.

????????

It is going to be a slow 2 weeks till the debates. When are the next polls to freak out about coming? Hopefully Jeb has another gaffe or Trump says something crazy again.

HylianTom

Banned
jeb!'s been out of the news for almost an entire week it seems

It seems like the main times that any non-Trump candidates get headlines are when they either:
{a} say goofy things ("canadian wall!"), or
{b} have bad things happening to their campaign operations ("donors fleeing!"), or
{c} Trump attacks them

What a pity.

It seems like the main times that any non-Trump candidates get headlines are when they either:
{b} have bad things happening to their campaign operations ("donors fleeing!"), or
{c} Trump attacks them

What a pity.

Carson couldn't even get much attention after proposing to bomb the border, lol.

Scott Walker's foreign policy speech two days ago got zero media attention other than the WSJ calling it vacant of any solutions, lmao.

why does Bernie seem to mention the pope every now and then? he has mentioned him multiple times and mentions him in some of his bios.

an attempt to get undermine the Jesus = supply side jesus

You see it all the time in gaf threads were people think their so creative, and novel by pointing out that jesus said nothing about gays but was pro-poverty elimiation

benjipwns

Banned
{c} Trump attacks them

What a pity.
POLITICO EXCLUSIVE

BREAKING: CANDIDATE DOESN'T SCREW UP REPETITIVE SPEECHMAKING AND GLORIFIED GLADHANDLING, CAMPAIGN SOURCES SAY

POLITICO EXCLUSIVE

Pop-gaf and wrassle-gaf ruin everthing. I remember when VMA and award shows were fun. Now there the same 5 people posting the same stupid gifs 30 times and having inside jokes with other threads

also

sQJFY7e.png

Pop-gaf and wrassle-gaf ruin everthing. I remember when VMA and award shows were fun. Now there the same 5 people posting the same stupid gifs 30 times and having inside jokes with other threads

It's just that Sturgeon's law needs a bit of familiarity with the environment before you're finally able to correctly identify quality in a setting.

You've probably surpassed that threshold, and are now left with the consequences.

It's just that Sturgeon's law needs a bit of familiarity with the environment before you're finally able to correctly identify quality in a setting.

You've probably surpassed that threshold, and are now left with the consequences.

nah, there was less of this. Its pushed others out too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
hey look a greenwald article I agree with completely!

Seriously!

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/...nalism-gets-immediately-attacked-journalists/

I've probably mocked greenwald a bit for what he's defending here, but my bigger beef with him isn't opinion but the kind of inaccurate reporting

I find myself agreeing with this as well, if Ramos wasn't an immigrant then everyone would be siding with him. For a lot of journalists even the appearance of bias is a failure to do the job properly. Which is, in my opinion anyway, the wrong way to look at it. If there's two sides of an argument then odds are someone is wrong, or at least wronger than the other wise, and reporting that difference is the job.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

We've been talking about how the republicans are going to extreme and will be doomed since forever now. Every single time they move further right we say "this is the time they went too far and this screw them for the general" and it never ever happens. And guess what? It wont happen this time either.

Even if Trump is the nominee, the gap will close within 5 points and democrats will win thanks solely to demographic changes and a good economy, and if the economy tanks then republicans will win. It's simple as that. It doesn't matter how poorly they appeal to the mythical median voter.

The one and only thing hurting republicans in the long term isn't their extremism, but the changes in racial demographics.

I mean, do you see any of the blue or swing state republicans ever going away from the strict party line because they're in a swing state where that vote might be risky to their median voters? And yet they're still doing fantastically on every front but the presidential one. It's a miracle when you see the few republicans in swing states accepting medicaid expansion paid for by the federal government.

Yeah, midterms are historically bad for the president's party, but it's been especially terrible for the Democrats lately. 2010 and 2014 both come close to rivaling 2006 for having huge margins, but have Democrats really been so extreme to rival Bush's extremism did to deserve a backlash as huge as that? If anything, it's the Republicans who've been more extreme, so if the median voter theory was right Republicans would be underperforming the average, but they've clearly been outperforming it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom