• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm a little let down that this is what seemes to be what takes Trump down.

Horrible and vulgar? Absolutely.

But I wish it was some actual scandal that finished him. Like his Foundation dealings, him paying off politicians investigating him, etc.

Instead it's just more vulgarity from him that is arguably no worse than some of the crap he's said the last year.

Tamanon

Banned

But I wish it was some actual scandal that finished him. Like his Foundation dealings, him paying off politicians investigating him, etc.

Instead it's just more vulgarity from him that is arguably no worse than some of the crap he's said the last year.

Eh, I don't think it's the vulgarity that's the real sticking point. It's the concept of normalized sexual assault and being exactly the caricature of Bill Clinton that the GOP fostered in the 90s.

theultimo

It goes back to racism is fine, but actual audio of sexual bigotry is huge.

We as a country think of sex in roundabout terms. When someone is literally advocating sexual assault, thats where many draw the line.

The only other scandal that would be big enough would be actual murder.

I think it's the video that got him. If this was just quotes from a witness, this wouldn't have went anywhere.

A video is very damning, though. And is very easy to share and digest.

Boke1879

It was mentioned earlier but the reason this is big and the GOP jumped on it quick was because this quite possibly Loses them a ton of white female voters.

They let him get away with saying stupid shit about minorities because we aren't their base to begin with.

Rubenov

Just so everyone understands how bad this video is for Trump, the political fallout from this is on the same level as catching him using the n-word, and it's just a step below him being indicted for rape or murder. He's done.

All but the most hardcore bigots are walking away now, and while Republicans won't vote for Clinton, they will stay home on Election Day. So, no, it's not implausible that Clinton will capture 70-80% of the popular vote.

We are in uncharted waters now, but this whole election has been one for the history books, so that's nothing new.

Nah, "dead heat" narrative will be here again in 15 days. My prediction is that Clinton wins by 5%.

Maledict

It's not just vulgarity. He's boasting about sexually assaulting women. It's different.

Grief.exe

Is billy bush actually a bush

edit: OMG he is

Yep, JEB! and GWB cousin.

Also the I've seen the "Is this the President we want for our daughters?" ad on CNN's live stream 3 times now in 10 minutes. Fucking amazing.

TBF who would think that the cousin and nephew of Presidents would be hosting fluff trash TV.

Will Rahn Verified account
‏@willrahn

BUSH COMPOUND, DECEMBER 2015 —

JEB: We must stop Trump. Any ideas?

GWB: Nope

GHWB: Sorry no

BILLY: Nope, no idea, nothing, zilch, zero

Thaedolus

I mean, he's basically bragging about getting away with sexual assault...that's not just vulgar, it's criminal and disgusting. I don't give a fuck about vulgarity and I found myself completely sickened by what he was saying.

Nah, "dead heat" narrative will be here again in 15 days. My prediction is that Clinton wins by 5%.

The public has short memories, but there are STILL two more debates before election day, and a whole lot more scandals, if rumor is to be believed.

This shit is being coordinated to hammer him as hard as possible with no opportunity to recover.

benjipwns

Banned
House races are almost always decided strictly along party turnout lines because of the above, so implying that voters might "split tickets"- turning out for hillary for president but voting R the rest of the way for candidates they've never heard of- and save the GOP house margin is absurd.
House races are far more based on incumbency. Only twice in the last 46 years has the incumbency rate dropped below 88%.

nobody does
I do, it's not exactly a difficult thing to find out.

TBF who would think that the cousin and nephew of Presidents would be hosting fluff trash TV.
Anyone who watched The Soup during said time period?

and it's just a step below him being indicted for rape or murder.
So, no, it's not implausible that Clinton will capture 70-80% of the popular vote.
Yes, yes, it is.

Clearly pure madness has finally set in. They may not rule the night. No one does. But they all want cake.

Hopfrog

In other non-shocking news, the Politico caucus continues to be garbage, and full of garbage people. A choice sample:

“I was just coming around on Trump, and now this. I'm sure undecided female voters are now lost,” a Wisconsin Republican added. “On one hand, I don't know how these comments are a surprise to anyone. He's a slimy lothario. That [shouldn’t] be new information. At the same time, it certainly doesn't disqualify him. They're men — they think this way. It's gross, but it's reality.”

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I mean, he's basically bragging about getting away with sexual assault...that's not just vulgar, it's criminal and disgusting. I don't give a fuck about vulgarity and I found myself completely sickened by what he was saying.

So am I. I am not trying to excuse what he said in any way. Sorry if it came off that way.

It's just that after a year of spewing crap, THIS is what looks to do him him. Not any of the other terrible things he's done.

Though, I guess I could look at it as this is what finally tipped the scales. And I should be happy SOMETHING ended up destroying his campaign...

royalan

Noooooooooooo Joy Reid just now while interviewing Director of the Christian Family Coalition in Florida who tried to claim that polls show Trump getting "12 to 24 percent black support."

"There's no poll that exists in this realm or the next that shows Trump with 12 to 25 percent black support."

DEAD

See, this is why the Christian Evangelical voting block ain't shit.

Tarydax

Banned
Because I have too much time on my hands these days -

N7lcaLS.gif

Best gif of the whole election.

Teggy

Rep. Martha Roby
Rep. Martha Roby‏ @RepMarthaRoby

Donald Trump's behavior makes him unacceptable as a candidate for president, and I won't vote for him.

Add a rep from Alabama to the list.

Noooooooooooo Joy Reid just now while interviewing Director of the Christian Family Coalition in Florida who tried to claim that polls show Trump getting "12 to 24 percent black support."

"There's no poll that exists in this realm or the next that shows Trump with 12 to 25 percent black support."

DEAD

See, this is why the Christian Evangelical voting block ain't shit.

This whole segment was fucking beautiful.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

I've been as critical of the media as anyone in this, but this thing is a day old scandal, and after EVERYTHING he's done already, it's this that got him to immediately issue and apology (even if half-assed). This is the scandal that got various Republicans to start pulling endorsements. They didn't even wait 2 days to see if maybe, just maybe, he could pull out a solid debate performance.

I think the horse race narrative might actually be dead. Because now there's an undeniably nonviable candidate for Presidency, and I think the media can make that work for a month.

Crocodile

I sure do love this White guy asking "when has Trump been racist?" or trying to tell us how we feel about Trump as a community. What a garbage person.

He does a disservice to the word of the Lord and Christianity as a whole.

They need the ability to mute mics on these shows

I've been as critical of the media as anyone in this, but this thing is a day old scandal, and after EVERYTHING he's done already, it's this that got him to immediately issue and apology (even if half-assed). This is the scandal that got various Republicans to start pulling endorsements. They didn't even wait 2 days to see if maybe, just maybe, he could pull out a solid debate performance.

I think the horse race narrative might actually be dead. Because now there's an undeniably nonviable candidate for Presidency, and I think the media can make that work for a month.

This drop guarantees Trump gets destroyed at that town hall. The entire thing will be about nothing BUT this, and there's no way to defend it. none. That half assed 'apology' just made it worse, and if he tries to pull a 'but bill clinton..." he'll get obliterated.

This is the only situation I could think of where Hillary could just stay the hell home entirely, let Trump have the debate to himself and he'd lose in a landslide.

Yes, yes, it is.

Clearly pure madness has finally set in. They may not rule the night. No one does. But they all want cake.

Please name a bigger (costlier) political scandal that has hit one of the big two candidates this close to the election in the last 100 years. Just one. I'll wait.

McGovern in '72 absolutely pales in comparison. Male GOP voters will stay home in droves and women GOP voters will stay home or vote for Clinton. We're about to watch history happen.

GusBus

Trump surrogate on Fox: "Hillary has been worse for women by not putting Boko Haram on the terrorist list, [thereby] allowing them to kidnap women into sex slavery."

You can't make this stuff up.

benjipwns

Banned
Add a rep from Alabama to the list.
The list of Globalist Sharia Law supporting traitors right?
Deplorable Vicki ‏@ranchingranny 22m22 minutes ago
@RepMarthaRoby
Ms Roby, we R sick of politicians like you who are purely self-serving. You should be voted out of office & sent packing
Bruce Hall ‏@brucehallsports 32m32 minutes ago
@RepMarthaRoby Trump is ONLY answer to Hillary Clinton + Dems. I guess you are not smart enough to know this. Losing you may actually help.
Canda Snyder Byrd ‏@CandaSnyder 22m22 minutes ago
@RepMarthaRoby u should be ashamed. Unless u want Hillary to win which would be devastating u need to stand behind Trump no matter what
Imogenॐ☽✪☾ ن ✝ ✡ ☠ ‏@swtimogenation 34m34 minutes ago
@RepMarthaRoby @margokingston1 1.don't be so high and mighty 2.it was 11years ago!!!3 he was a democraps then&has changed!!!CHANGE YOUR MIND
Kevindogluver ‏@Kevindogluver 26m26 minutes ago Lugoff, SC
@RepMarthaRoby That's brave. So your Ok with abortion of late term babies. Brave
CONSERVE AMERICA ‏@willhoerter 27m27 minutes ago
@RepMarthaRoby
Yea ,because your perfect right ?
You have no sins ?
Wow ,why are you a politician?
James777 ‏@James77714 27m27 minutes ago
@RepMarthaRoby & u will be voted OUT office that's a promise. PC is no longer important when our nation's security is @ risk. Start packing!
sherisspace ‏@sherisspace 36m36 minutes ago
@RepMarthaRoby @rachaelmbade you must have ties to the special interest elite, or the Clintons.
KBough America First ‏@KABough 12m12 minutes ago
@RepMarthaRoby we told u corrupt globalists we only vote Trump. U don't support Trump u r out! We meant it. Death of Dem and Rep parties!!
Jeannie Valentine ‏@jvalentine613 6m6 minutes ago
@RepMarthaRoby Hey @NRA you need to stop backing this traitor. HRC gets elected we lose our #2A rights. #NRA #NeverHillary #SticksAndStones
StillHaveHope1787 ‏@dragonsfire04 28m28 minutes ago
@RepMarthaRoby @scottwongDC Don't plan on re-election then. #Openborders (Hillary's dream) will ensure no more republicans in office, EVER.
Phil Rogers ‏@phil53rogers 52s52 seconds ago
@RepMarthaRoby enjoy sharia
donna swanson ‏@donnags1964 5m5 minutes ago
@RepMarthaRoby Wow. That was 11 yrs ago. U haven't made mistakes U do U know what Hilary wants for US? She wants 2 bring n Sharia law

sazzy

Political, business, media leaders who are still standing by Donald are perhaps deluding themselves into thinking that somehow, in some grand way, their loyalty to Donald and he party will be rewarded.

They won't be.

Donald isn't just destroying himself, he's destroying everyone who is still giving him the benefit of the doubt. He has stepped on other people before to reach higher, and he's doing exactly that now.

Just ask the contractors who worked for him. Or the people who loaned him money. Or the people who enrolled in his "university". Or the people who've done business with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom